Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 318)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Caregiver in Winterville, North Carolina

47 months ago

this one sound good, but how about the certification? if I work privately how I can be current with my license? if this one is no current for 2 years I need to start again and take the course for got another license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

misshk in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut

47 months ago

biola in Baltimore, Maryland said: i am a cna with 3 years experience. i currently earn 12.00/ hr base and 13.25/hr in the evenings. at hospitals however, cnas are known to earn as much as 14.00/hr base. usually big cities pay cnas more with 1 year experience. the job is not easy but, after a little while it becomes second nature and it is emotionally rewarding. i love my job.

Hey Im moving to Lexington Park and i am transferring my license. Is that a pretty average pay there? If i get a job in a nursing home there can i expect to make around $11/hr?? I make 12.25 right now in CT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Relienne Pierre in Union, New Jersey

47 months ago

I live in New Jersey. I've had my CNA license for 10 years and I only make $12.50 /h....plus i have 5 kids to care of!! I'm thinking of relocating from New Jersey, but I'm looking for a state where CNA's get paid the amount of money that they deserve. Any suggestions???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

overworkedtiredmom in Crown Point, Indiana

47 months ago

Relienne Pierre in Union, New Jersey said: I live in New Jersey. I've had my CNA license for 10 years and I only make $12.50 /h....plus i have 5 kids to care of!! I'm thinking of relocating from New Jersey, but I'm looking for a state where CNA's get paid the amount of money that they deserve. Any suggestions???

Then u def don't want to move to Indiana. I work at a hospital & we don't make anything. I have 1 1/2 years experience as a cna & only make 10.40 an hour. u certainly can't pay for much on that! Our job is so hard & 4 some reason people don't look at that. We run our butts off the entire 8 1/2 hours we r there. We rarely get our 1/2 hour lunch brake & seldom get help from our nurses. Infact, we'll have a nurse in the room, sitting there asking a patient questions & they will call us in to straighten their bed, empty a comode, untangel a call light, get water, fix the tv, prop up pillows, clean them, feed them, make them more comfortable in bed all while they r in there & can very well do it them selves. Our nurses have 4-5 patients each. While on some days we have 14. They don't answer call lights or bed alarms. I'll b running like a wild woman, I'll b cleaning up some1s diarrhea when a bed alarm down the hall goes off & sometimes, a great deal of the time, the nurse will not budge from her seat to help. Oh, & she isn't charting, they r discussing their kids or a fight with their husband. I am in nursing school & can't wait to graduate to show these nurses how it should be done. Oh & for th record: we do have a few good nurses but it is the bad ones that spoil it for everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Mesa, Arizona

47 months ago

does anyone know on the pay scale for a CNA working in Hospice in Austin Texas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angeliquei10 in Orlando, Florida

46 months ago

Susan Jacobs in Wauchula, Florida said: I work as a CNA in central Florida. The pay rate is 9.75 an hour on nightshift. CNA's are way underpaid. Very hard work for little pay. We usually work 15 to 1. The only way to survive (barely) is overtime.

I also work in central florida, at a nursing home and the pay is the same. Yes we are underpaid and overworked, florida is not a good state to do cna work. you hardly can pay your bills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Largo, Florida

46 months ago

Try freedom square in seminole florida,home health $9 a hour or their nursing home $14 a hour.The company has ast,independant,nursing homes all over the country

tracy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

angeliquei10 in Orlando, Florida said: I also work in central florida, at a nursing home and the pay is the same. Yes we are underpaid and overworked, florida is not a good state to do cna work. you hardly can pay your bills.

yes this was really helpful to me i was thinking about rerlocating to orlando fl and i wanted to know how much they paid cna"s and i lcurrently live in pittsburgh pa and my pay for cna is anywhere from 13.00 an hr. starting off. yeah you are right you are way under paid. we do alot off hard work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Seminole, Florida

45 months ago

Yes ,very low pay and high rents.I make $9 in home health and pay $700 for a one bedroom apt.Many poor states like fl.In more industry northern states the pay is higher.Florida is fun to visit,but not a good place to live.I am moving next year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Peggy07 in Woodstock, Georgia

45 months ago

I will be done with CNA school Oct 25th then will be taking the state test begining NOV. I live in Woodstock GA and would like to know if anyone in GA was able to come out of CNA school and get a job? I have been told by alot of people that most people want you to have 2 to 5 years experience. So how are you suppose to get the experience if that is the case? I am trying not to listen to all the people that tell me no one will hire you right out of school so thought I would check with people that have done this before. I just feel that some people what to always tell you can not get a job to make themself feel better. I really would like to make more than 8.00 per hour. I know you know all that is involved and that CNA is not a easy job. I went to a nursing home Thursday for my clinics and had alot of dipers to change and thought wow what if it is only 8.00 per hour. I think that is crazy. CNA's do all the clean up mess and get paid at the bottom?

kat in Seminole, Florida

45 months ago

Most nursing homes will hire you.Yes the pay is painfully low in the south.We are the janitors of the elderly.Respect is rarely given to us in human care.Get a years experience and then move up north for a better paying place.

45 months ago

Kat,
Thanks for the information. I had been told by so many people that no one will hire right out of school and I was starting to get discourged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mid2348 in Naugatuck, Connecticut

45 months ago

I've heard GA is one of the worst locations as far as pay is concerned. I have been a NA, CNA,and PCA for the last 27 years. My best advice to you is go for nursing. The pay for CNA's is horrible! The work is hard, and no matter where your located the job is the least appreciated in health care. I just started my nursing prerequisites, and no matter how long it takes it will be worth the effort. We earn between $15.00 and $17.00 in my area and that doesn't come close to a nurses salary. Take any CNA job just to gain experience then go for a hospital job, better pay and lighter work load.I work in CCU/Tele and it's great! Don't let people tell you it's impossible to get a hospital job, just keep trying and be persistent! It's also a huge plus to work in a hospital if you decide to pursue nursing. Good luck: )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

They'll hire you. Just get letters of recommendation from your CNA instructors, and be persistent. I applied at the hospital three times and called to follow up on my applications. They most likely hired me so that I would leave them alone lol!

45 months ago

Thanks so much. SO what is CCU/Tele ? Did the hospital pay for that training or did you have to pay and go to school for that as well? I just paid 700.00 for CNA school and I can not at this time afford another school. Thanks for all your information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Critical Care and Telemetry. Tele is for cardiac patients, and they are all hooked up to heart monitors. My title there is PCA (Patient Care Associate). I went to school for a PCT (tech) course, but several of my CNA co-workers were trained on the job. This means they have the same title as me, only they didn't spend eight months in school lol! As for our job we draw blood, do EKG's and assist patients. We still have some incontinent care but nothing like a nursing home. I can tell you hospitals are far more desirable to work in compared to nursing homes. It's a good idea to get a little experience in a nursing home before applying to a hospital, because it will increase your chances of getting in. I would check out the requirements in your area, to see if you need special training to apply? If so, look for PCA or PCT programs. The courses run 6 to 8 months and your already a CNA, so you would just need phlebotomy and EKG training. It's not a hard course, and honestly proficiency in blood draws comes from experience.

angeliquei10 in Orlando, Florida

45 months ago

kat in Seminole, Florida said: Yes ,very low pay and high rents.I make $9 in home health and pay $700 for a one bedroom apt.Many poor states like fl.In more industry northern states the pay is higher.Florida is fun to visit,but not a good place to live.I am moving next year.

I do agree with you,I've been told up north cna's are paid allot better than here. I grew up in Florida it is a fun state also the weather is awesome, but the money is not there to enjoy it. Bills have to be paid, and the cost of living is outrageous, If you want to save up and get a future for yourself and your family the best thing is to go up north.

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia

45 months ago

its sad when a massage therapist make more money then dialysis techs . i live in GA STARTING pay for dialysis tech is $13.00 sometimes less starting pay for massage therapist $15.00 plus tips!!!

gilltammy in Lehigh Acres, Florida

45 months ago

In my opinion 9 out of 10 ALF's and Nursing Homes spend money lining the pockets of Administrator, Social Workers, DON's, and their friends the crack the whips Supervisors. What I mean is that they don't care how you (the CNA) get the job done as long as you get it done for what little they pay. but, I have never seen so much attention paid to details as when State is in the building. And why is it that they go above and beyond having the regular everyday staff ratio when State is in. They want State to think this is a everyday thing I love being a CNA but run, run as fast as you can from the Nursing Homes and the ALF's they will only use you until they find a cheaper model. I wish all the elderly new they could get better help at home with one on one care for less than they pay at a ALF or Nursing Home.

JoeTims in Jacksonville, Florida

45 months ago

I am a Cna and looking for work it's been hard for me to find more cna jobs so if you can please tell me if you are hiring please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Seminole, Florida

45 months ago

check nursing homes,ast living and home health for work

kat in Seminole, Florida

45 months ago

Tia Waktins in Atlanta, Georgia said: I want to move to Florida but I am having a hard time trying to find the Right Job as a CNA.

Low pay here.I could make more in tips as a waitress.$9 hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kristen in Norcross, Georgia

44 months ago

its sad when a massage therapist and a cobb county school bus driver earns more then a dialysis techs !!!!

AConnell in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

marie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I just recently got certified in philly and the starting salary in 10.50 per hour here... I know if you work weekday nights it's another dollar an hour and if you work weekend nights (at a lot of places), it' another 2 dollars per hour. Hope this helps!

hi i am very interested in becomming a cna and working in a hospital...where did you go to school?

coota poo in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

I just landed a job with one of the major hospital's here in charlotte.I have about 5 years worth of experience.They started me off with 12.00 per hour.I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kat in Seminole, Florida

44 months ago

doug said: im new as of june 7th to the field but i have work the last 5 yrs as a prevention case mgr
and was wondering why the pay was so low for some1 work so hard

Human care workers CNA's,Nurses,school teachers.day care workers are never paid what they should be.We are considered unworthy of pay since we choose to do this job.Some say we should do it on feel good alone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kristen in Lilburn, Georgia

44 months ago

I'M A DIALYSIS TECH I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE MY JOB AND HELPING OTHERS, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT CNA AND DIALYSIS TECHS , SURGICAL TECHS ECT.ECT NEED A fare pay im not saying $30.00 dollars a hours but starting pay should be atleast $15.oo

pspruill in Kennesaw, Georgia

44 months ago

I would like to work in Hospice. I think I would be a great person for the job just because I have over 5 years experience working as my parents caregiver and think I woud be so good at making them have the best days for the rest of their lives. I have a soft spot for these people . I have a good start working in Assistan Living as a CNA with a excellent hospital. I look forward getting all the trainning I can get to just move up to working with these people and hope that after putting in my time with the hospital assistant living. Thse people have alot of things wrong with them and I just want to do what I can to help them each day to make them know they are loved and that it is the great day just to wake up and that they will have so many things to do to fill their day I do love it.

lc in Lawrenceville, Georgia

44 months ago

jamie in nashville in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: Iam a CNA in Nashville & I average from $10=$16 hourly. I think experience has a lot to do with starting out rates.

I'm from Georgia and I currently looking to relocate and seek a Cna position in other states. Is that $10-16 an hour to start without experience or is it to start working with experience. I have a couple years of experience under my belt.

When I started out at a nursing home in Snellville, GA, I only got paid $5 and something to work for their facility right out of school (with no previous experience). I quit that facility after 1 year because after a years of service I was only getting $.25 increase in pay. Dietary being a minority was treated worse and only received $.05 increase in pay.

I felt used and cheated and felt I was very much under pay because I think everyone else received more pay then I did by a dollar or two, although I cannot prove it. We weren't allow to discuss what each person got paid to do same exact work.

This back in 1998, I doubt the things have changed at the facility today.

I agreed CNAs deserve to be paid more, considering we do alot more work and physical labor. We have to put up with alot more crap then most people. We get beaten up and scratched and kicked.

lc in Lawrenceville, Georgia

44 months ago

What are the starting CNA wages in TENNESSEE for Cnas with experience? Where are the highest paying cna jobs in TENNESSEE?

Which states close to Georgia pays the most for CNAs?

serdyuk in Oregon

44 months ago

Top paying States for CNAs are:

Alaska $32,390
Nevada $30,970
New York $30,850
Hawaii $30,500
Connecticut $30,040

cna-employment.com/category/cna-salary

Torrie in Phoenix, Arizona

43 months ago

A Boisvert in Chandler, Arizona said: I am wondering where you obtained your certification. I am currently looking for a school her in the valley and I can not find one that offers the CNA classes. All that I can find is MA? Any help is appreciated.

If you are in the valley.. Nelson's Academy in Surprise is a CNA school. Only $800.00 you can get your CNA w/in 3 weeks. They have morning classes, night classes and weekend classes. They even assist you with job placement.

Michelle in Mesa, Arizona

43 months ago

Torrie in Phoenix, Arizona said: If you are in the valley.. Nelson's Academy in Surprise is a CNA school. Only $800.00 you can get your CNA w/in 3 weeks. They have morning classes, night classes and weekend classes. They even assist you with job placement.

Nelson Academy is great! But on the truthful side...the program is more like $1100 and they DO NOT help you with job placement. They are a great school though and it is run by awesome people, but it is not cheap and there is no help with job placement...you are on your own with that one just like everyone else. Maybe 'Torrie' attended the program a few years ago...because things have changed.

gargoamber in Mexia, Texas

41 months ago

I started out as an aide workign in a nursing home making $7.10 an hour.. i was supposed to get 7.25 after i got certified but that never happened... not that it made any difference anyway, i moved to a hospital and its better, but still very stressful and physically and mentally demanding and draining. i love helping people, but I hate every second of being a nurse aide.. i would never recommend it to anyone. It is literally impossible to do every aspect of your job and still give 100% and be totally available for the patients who wanna talk to you when you got muliptle call lights going off and nurses sitting on their asses because they just cant find it in them to answer a call light. once i find a different job, i will never go back to being an aide.. its sad that the nurse aides who do a good job get walked all over and used and abused to the point that they leave the job. and the other staff wonder why they always lose good aides, theyll tell you how much they appreciate you, but its only cause youre running your ass off and they get to sit on their asses. thats why they love you so much.. being an aide has made me bitter... im still a doll to the patients and i make them smile... but inside i hate every second of it

41 months ago

u have to get lot of cna to put their foot down to get better pay . if not nothing will change!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gilltammy in Fort Myers, Florida

41 months ago

To bad there isn't a union for nurses aids but, I suppose that would mean alot of your pay would be dumped into the hand of the unions and not in your pocket where it belongs

gilltammy in Fort Myers, Florida

41 months ago

I've said it before you need all of the CNA's to put their foot down to get anything done but, you never do it. Look around you when your at work and take notice of who's doing the job and doing it well. I bet there is at lease two or more hiding or out playing around, and they are the ones you won't get to put their foot down because why should they, their probable getting the same pay as you and not getting the job done and you being the proper type of aid stand up and gets the job done for them because you are you. Thank God for people like you, to bad we can't clone people like us to weed out the bad ones.

Meg

40 months ago

Jason in Nashville, TN said: i am a cna and most nursing homes start at $8.00 - $8.50 an hour. i feel could/should be more since it is required to be state certified.

I'm a CNA at a nursing home in arkansas and they start out at 7.35!! Its a rip off!!

40 months ago

"I'm a CNA at a nursing home in arkansas and they start out at 7.35!! Its a rip off!!"

OMG How pathetic! Are they serious? Do they expect you to move for $7.35? I'm in CT and earn $15.22 and think that's ridicules considering the amount of work involved. In a perfect world all the CNA's,PCA'S,PCT's etc.,could tell them to do it on their own! Thanks but no thanks to the penny's as a payment for being expected to half kill yourself. Nursing homes are the worst offenders to CNA's. Take a course in phlebotomy and apply to a hospital, you'll earn more and be treated far better. Not great but better. I wouldn't recommend the job to anyone and I have many years experience of being treated like (blank)to make that recommendation. I'm working on my prerequisites for nursing, it's the only way out of being a PCA/CNA. I have straight A's and believe me when I become a R.N. I will take part in my own patient care, and I will have a keen awareness of the benefits of team work.

kristen in Norcross, Georgia

40 months ago

i agree 100 % . cna and pct dialysis techs , surgical techs need to stand up and demand more .

mxlogan in Springfield, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

jamie in nashville in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: Yes, I do work for a facility, an agency, and a hospital. It has to do with experience now. When I first completed CNA training, I went to work at a local hospital making 14.75 an hour with no experience.

Where did you get trained?

melinda in Salem, Oregon

39 months ago

sandinmytoes in Palmdale, California said: I guess I really struck a chord with you.
I wiped butts period. Did I make a difference? I hope so. I treated people the way I wanted to be treated and in all of my years never slapped a patient. All of the other cna's I knew were regular thugs that beat up the patients, scratched them and denied them butt wiping until a rash already developed so I know that I was good at what I did and I received plenty of thanks - even got employee of the year four times.

Wow , I really am sorry you feel you waisted your life . It is not comforting to know that you think you are a good aid that made a difference because you " never slapped any one" I know I will not die wealthy , you have to get your education and plan and save, some one should have told you that when yopu were young . I pray that you never need some one to care for you .

KAT in Seminole, Florida

39 months ago

candace said: WHEN I FIRST STARTED AS A CNA I WAS 16 YEARS OLD IN SOUTHERN INDIANA, 2.64 AN HOUR MIN WAGE BACK THEN WAS 3.00 AN HOUR THATS ALONG TIME AGO, I HAVE BEEN A CNA NOW FOR 23 YEARS, BUT YOU MAKE HERE IN SOUTHERN INDIANA 12.00 AN HOUR TO START
WITH CERTIFICATION, I MAKE NOW 14.00 AN HOUR,I'AM RELOCATING TO GREENVILLE NORTH CAROLINA DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PAY THERE,FOR 23 YEARS EXPERIENCE? THANKS MUCH
The south pays very low wages for any job.When the south lost the civil war,they never recovered.In florida $9-$10 a hour is average.I checked on a job doing the same job with the same company in MN and the pay is $2 higher than I make in florida,plus the building is 100% nicer.Indoor garden to walk through,more activities for residents.It is up north you must go for higher pay.The south will go with cheap labor.

39 months ago

civil war has nothing to do with pay ... its because the rich people that own these companies are to greedy, just like every other company . yes the pay is lower down here, just like i tell most people if you get enough people to bytch are not go in these careers they will start a paying a lil better ,but it starts with the nurses that work their butts off to start saying something about pay and then cna and what not in the medical field!!!

KAT in Seminole, Florida

39 months ago

When the same company pays $2 more up north for the same job,in a town that the rent is the same as the place in the south,shows there is a problem in the southern states.The south is the place most rejects go for warm winters.The drug addicts,drunks and Homeless love it here in florida.To many people unemployed or under-employed .The companys can call the shots.Here we are used to bad pay and bad treatment by employers.People here are so desperate they will tolerate anything.With this bad economy I am sure this is normal everywhere.The company should pay more here because it is hard to find people that can pass a drug test and a background check.

39 months ago

I agree 100 % KAT. I try to tell people from the north that the rent here in the south is about the same. i'm a dialysis tech and i earn about $12.00 a hour , u would think a dialysis tech would earn a lil more then that . look at ultra sound techs , ect even massage therapist make more money then i do , what do they do beside rub hairy backs ....lol

KAT in Seminole, Florida

39 months ago

In florida where rent is $700 on up,cheaper in the getto $500.With most jobs min wage or a few dollars above people can't afford to live here anymore.So I leave florida to the rich NY retirees and those willing to live 4 people or more to a 2 bedroom apt.

39 months ago

I live in GA . my neigborhood was built in the 60's the house across the street from me is renting out for $1100 a month its 3 bed room its nice brick house , but nothing special to me thats to high if it rented for like $700 i could understand!!!

KAT in Seminole, Florida

39 months ago

In florida I pay $700 for a one bedroom apt,plus electric,water,ect.When I lived in a high crime area,I had a 2 bedroom apt for $650.I never felt safe.Now I do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Just live comfy here in the south i'm just talking about the south, u would have to earn about $ 800.00 after taxes to live "comfy" not rich!!!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.