How to get your Med Tech License's

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 153)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

La-Del Jones in Amherst, Virginia

83 months ago

I'm a cna and have been since 1985. I've gone through training two times. Because I let my license expire the first time. I had to retake it all over again.Every job that I look at you have to have med tech too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (340) / No (75) Reply - Report abuse

linda arnder in Mount Airy, North Carolina

83 months ago

would like 2 get med tech lic have been nusing asst work since i was 16 and i am now 40 would 2 get took test 2 times but seem 2 miss about 8 all 2 gether

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (195) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Dayton, Ohio

83 months ago

Hey I see that your question is different but I was wondering from you...how to get my CNA.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Dayton, Ohio

83 months ago

Hey I see that your question is different but I was wondering from you...how to get my CNA.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Huntington, West Virginia

82 months ago

I'm 20 and have been a CNA since I was 18. I now want to get my MED TECH. Lic. but dont know where to find somewhere to take the classes. I do a google search and all it does is bring up MEDICAL TECHS. Is it call something else in West Virginia. I just moved here from florida and I know in Florida they were called MED TECHS but someone told me back here they are call APAC but I google that and still find nothing...Can anyone help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (574) / No (73) Reply - Report abuse

Yvette Norman in Greensboro, North Carolina

82 months ago

If your license has expired, do you have to take the test again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Yvette Norman in Greensboro, North Carolina

82 months ago

I need to know where I must retake my test, if it has expired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

candice parker in Augusta, Georgia

81 months ago

my cna expired 3 years ago. can i retake the test with out all the training? i need an answer. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Lakesha Rawlings in Chesapeake, Virginia

78 months ago

I want to know where to go an take a med tech class. I stay in Franklin, VA 23851

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Gwen Odums in Shelby, North Carolina

77 months ago

linda arnder in Mount Airy, North Carolina said: would like 2 get med tech lic have been nusing asst work since i was 16 and i am now 40 would 2 get took test 2 times but seem 2 miss about 8 all 2 gether

They offer medtech classes in Shelby, NC. Diversified Nursing.
3 day class, with a 250.00 fee. 704471-2777

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

gwen in Shelby, North Carolina

77 months ago

candice parker in Augusta, Georgia said: my cna expired 3 years ago. can i retake the test with out all the training? i need an answer. thanks

you have to take the whole class again. any community college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TaDeidra Curry in Tampa, Florida

77 months ago

I would like to know where I can go to get my med tech training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

trish cunningham in Charlotte, North Carolina

77 months ago

i want to get my med teach license and i need the information on where you go to get them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

julie harrelson in High Point, North Carolina

76 months ago

I have almost completed my CNA class. Where do I go for Med Tech class?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

You can look in your yellow pages and look under training. That is how I found out where to go to take my med tech training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

trish cunningham in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Javita. Fizer in Detroit, Michigan

75 months ago

TaDeidra Curry in Tampa, Florida said: I would like to know where I can go to get my med tech training

This is JAvita, email me when u can so i can reply to ur question

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TAMMY in Hagerstown, Maryland

74 months ago

Try the red cross they have clases and also colledges

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

christiana in Riverside, California

74 months ago

what do i need to get my cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

You can either find a test site in you area and take the exam or you can find a school that will give you all of the information that you need to pass the state exam. You might find a place that it will be free but if not the classes are about 500 dollars

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. N. S. Williams in Richmond, Virginia

73 months ago

I hav not yet been told the same story yet about how to get my MED-TECH li. I had the 32hour class.

Lakesha Rawlings in Chesapeake, Virginia said: I want to know where to go an take a med tech class. I stay in Franklin, VA 23851

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Front Royal, Virginia

72 months ago

A frined of mine has been giving out meds at an ALF for many years now, but I understand that now she has to be lic. through the state. Is this true? When does this new law take effect? Where do I find info on this? VA medical board? please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jewels in Clarksburg, Maryland

72 months ago

I took the Med Tech training course through an assisted living facility. Usually they want you to work for them for a while before they allow you to take the training... But you should look into assisted living facilities, if you get an interview just let them know you are interested in getting your med tech and they will let you know if they offer the training! (Because you are a CNA you shouldn't have a problem getting an interview!!!) Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dawn in va bch in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

were in virgina beach do i go too get my med tec lic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dawn in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

were in virgina beach do i go to get my med tec lic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila G from Monmouth ill in Monmouth, Illinois

71 months ago

i have a Q.. im a CNA and have been for 23 yrs..i recently got my Pharmacy tech license from the state of Ilinois i wonder if the pharm tech license would work for amed tech job?? if any1 knows write back thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Janiece in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

TaDeidra Curry in Tampa, Florida said: You can either find a test site in you area and take the exam or you can find a school that will give you all of the information that you need to pass the state exam. You might find a place that it will be free but if not the classes are about 500 dollars

You can go to www.Getyourcna.com
They are located in Pinellas and they do monthly Med Tech training with an RN. Took it there myself and it is only 4 hours long. ThaNKS-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ms.B in Pittsboro, North Carolina

70 months ago

Im planning to move to Delaware (Seaford area) soon could someone please tell me how to get registered for CNA and Medtech licensing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn fortune@embarqmail.com in Oviedo, Florida

70 months ago

TaDeidra Curry in Tampa, Florida said: I would like to know where I can go to get my med tech training

Did you get any info back on this I have been looking for Ocala area or online classes - this area - forem - is the closest thing I h ave found ! Can you help?

Lynn frtune

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

luvandlite in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

I am interested in finding out about training for a med tech in the Atlanta, GA area. I would also like to know if it is called something else here in GA. All my research is leading me to medical technologist which is a 4 year degree. I am interested in a program that is the liasion between a CNA and a LPN..
Thanks !
M

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wildcat4tss@yahoo.com

68 months ago

My name is Tammie I'm a licensed CNA - Medtech for 14 years in N.C. & moving to Roanoke Virginia, I have learned now that Virginia does not except N.C. License. Can some on direct me to take the CNA-Medtech exam some where around Roanoke Va. Thank You.

vgibson_ems@yahoo.com in Salem, Virginia

68 months ago

The fastest way to be either a CNA or a Med Tech in the Roaonke, VA area is going to be www.fasttrackhc.com/home.html This is the only place that you can get it done in just a couple weeks without being under contract to work for anyone at the end. It only cost a couple hundred, and the instructors are really nice! They are also an official test site now for the CNA tests. I am not employed or anything by this place, but this is where I did get all my classes. They also provide a list at the end of each class that is inclusive of every company currently hiring for whichever position you just got certified in. The class I was in YEARS ago still meet for lunch monthly to catch up, like an extended family! I recommend it to everyone!

tornado65 in New Bern, North Carolina

68 months ago

Carrie in Dayton, Ohio said: Hey I see that your question is different but I was wondering from you...how to get my CNA.
Thanks!

You can either take a CNA class and then pay $92 to take state exam. I just challenged the test. I got a CNA study guide from Pearson.com, paid my $92, got a test date, and passed the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

candice parker in Augusta, Georgia said: my cna expired 3 years ago. can i retake the test with out all the training? i need an answer. thanks

Yes, you can pay your $92, get a test date and challenge the test. Check out Pearson.com, there is a study guide on there and all the info to test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I live in Craven County, North Carolina. I was told there is a web site you can go to to get learning material to become a med-tech. Does anyone know what this web site is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

sorry, I gave a bad web site. The web site is actually Pearsonvue.com I hope this helps ya'll

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

In NC you can challenge the test. Study the book, pay the fee, and take the test. I have not attended any classes. there is a web site (NC DHSR ACLS). This web site can direct you to another web site to download the medication aide studt guide. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

newCNA in Asheville, North Carolina

67 months ago

After 2009, the state is closing the loophole that allows you to challenge the Nurse Aide I exam without taking the class. So if you want to do that, do it soon. Practice the skills with someone, and if you have any common sense, you'll do fine. It ain't rocket surgery.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Valere in Salem, Virginia

67 months ago

Ethel L Wood in Richmond, Virginia said: I am interest in getting my Med Tech License's, Can you send me books, times. how long class last, how much would it cost, and how long will the class take under till finsh.

thanks,

Ethel L Wood
ewood9805@aol.com

Here in Roanoke, you can get it for like $300 and in 10 days... call Fastrack Healthcare Education Salem Va, I do believe they have an office in your location as well...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

randi in Dudley, North Carolina

67 months ago

i am a cna i would like to get my med tech lic. but dont know where to get them. i live in reidsville north carolina. do you know anywhere close to me that offers training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Get $92 together, and go to Pearsonvue.com. They will ask you a few question, Fill out the application. The people will set up a date, time and place for you to take the test. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kayla in Lorton, Virginia

66 months ago

im a cna looking for med tech classes in northern va area? help?

Doc in Hopewell, Virginia

66 months ago

I am looking for somewhere to get my med tech license in central va... I seen in the paper it was 380 and came with the state board... is that a good price??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vanicel in Stone Mountain, Georgia

66 months ago

I would like to know do you have to be a license med-tech to pass out medication in a Assistance Living Community? or can you be a CNA not train as a med-tech to pass out medication?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

msburney in Petersburg, Virginia

65 months ago

Doc in Hopewell, Virginia said: I am looking for somewhere to get my med tech license in central va... I seen in the paper it was 380 and came with the state board... is that a good price??

I am going to start taking the Med Tech class in about 8 days. 380 is a reasonable price to pay compared to some of the other prices I have seen advertised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

FLP in Palm Coast, Florida

65 months ago

Lynn fortune@embarqmail.com in Oviedo, Florida said: Did you get any info back on this I have been looking for Ocala area or online classes - this area - forem - is the closest thing I h ave found ! Can you help?

Lynn frtune

They have a med tech four hour class in Daytona Beach on South Palmetto Ave. Go to cnabootcamp.com and you can find info. That is the only one I know of. FL Daytona Beach

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ana.smom@lycos.com in Warrenton, Virginia

65 months ago

i am a cna in denver co where do i go to become med tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

msburney in Petersburg, Virginia

65 months ago

Check with your Nurses Board in Colorado they should be able to point you in the right direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

twhite65 in New Bern, North Carolina

65 months ago

I would suggest starting with the organization you went through to get your CNA test. You should be able to download the med tech study guide at "Pearsonvue.com". I am going to challenge the med tech test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

twhite65 in New Bern, North Carolina

65 months ago

HELP PLEASE I am a CNA in Eastern North Carolina. I need to know the best places to check for Private in home care. I do not want to work for an Agency. I would rather just deal with a private family. If anyone knows the best way to find this type of situation, please reply to. Tahnks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.