How to get your Med Tech License's

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 154)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

dawn

38 months ago

i'm looking for a job,plus wanting my license renewed(cna)and looking on how to get my med tech license too,i live in rocky mount,va i'm not having any luck....and help i would apprentice it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tbumpus in Richmond, Virginia

38 months ago

SAM23 in Petersburg, Virginia said: I'm interested in taking a med tech class but don't know where to go and this place i did call just have med tech classes for group homes but i want to find one where i can work anywhere thank u n God Bless!

I know an Medication Aide Course you can take Langford Training Center located in Richmond, VA
email me at Tsjayrr@yahoo.com for more info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mara in South Boston, Virginia

37 months ago

Hey ladies, i just moved to South bOston VA, Im getting my Med Tech Class In NC, They said i dont nee to be a CNA. The College is providing a 4 day course what cha think, I read that va you neeed to have a cna class, will it even make a difference if i get the med tech. will i be require to then be a cna, after????

If you need to know how much is $65.00 fee for four days then $25.oo for the test. Im guessing the fee for registration...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mara in South Boston, Virginia

37 months ago

kayla in Lorton, Virginia said: im a cna looking for med tech classes in northern va area? help?

All i can tell you is that i am taking the med tech class in roxboro nc, is a four hour course. under 100 dollars. will that even matter if its taken in a differnt state, also im not a cna, and they said to be a med tech you dont have to be a cna.

donna56 in Santa Barbara, California

37 months ago

I am a lic. CNA in Santa Barbara, Ca. and want to get my Med Tech. lic. Does anyone know where to obtain courses in Santa Barbara ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Beltsville, Maryland

37 months ago

msburney in Petersburg, Virginia said: I am going to start taking the Med Tech class in about 8 days. 380 is a reasonable price to pay compared to some of the other prices I have seen advertised.

thanks, but where is this place in petersburg and the name

Rach in Savannah, Georgia

37 months ago

Michelle in Huntington, West Virginia said: I'm 20 and have been a CNA since I was 18. I now want to get my MED TECH. Lic. but dont know where to find somewhere to take the classes. I do a google search and all it does is bring up MEDICAL TECHS. Is it call something else in West Virginia. I just moved here from florida and I know in Florida they were called MED TECHS but someone told me back here they are call APAC but I google that and still find nothing...Can anyone help?

I am a MED TECH. and CNA here in Gerogia at a Assisted Living Community. They did a four day training class to become a MED TECH. However, I have been told that before long the state of Georgia will require all MED TECHS to be LPNs. So, I dont know about other states but you might want to call your State Department of Health and see what there guidelines are and if they are changing. I know I would hate to pay for training that will not be any good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mohamed barry in Hyattsville, Maryland

36 months ago

im a cna/medtech plus cpr liceced for 8years (sic)from nc, i just move to maryland im looking for job ,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Felder in Danville, Virginia

36 months ago

That is the diff between a Med Aide and a Med Tech in North Carolina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MedAideInstructor in Swansboro, North Carolina

36 months ago

Michelle Felder in Danville, Virginia said: That is the diff between a Med Aide and a Med Tech in North Carolina

I'm a Med Aide instructor in NC. Basically, the difference is a whether or not you are a CNA. If you are a CNA, you are required to take a 24 hour course, and then pass a state exam; you will then placed on the Med Aide Registry. You will be able to give medications in Nursing Homes ONLY.
If you do not have your CNA or just want to work in a different type of facility than a Nursing Home, you take a test through your local Dept of Social Services and then receive training from an employer. You will be able to give medications in a wide variety of adult care settings, EXCEPT FOR NURSING HOMES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

vanicel in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: I would like to know do you have to be a license med-tech to pass out medication in a Assistance Living Community? or can you be a CNA not train as a med-tech to pass out medication?

You must be train as a Med Tech...

Agnesdorley

35 months ago

No

Michelle Felder in Danville, Virginia

35 months ago

Is Med-Aide in Med-Tech to difference things in NC...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tbumpus in Richmond, Virginia

35 months ago

Michelle Felder in Danville, Virginia said: Is Med-Aide in Med-Tech to difference things in NC...

Michelle,

In Virginia you have to go to the Dept of Health professions website (Board of Nursing) this will give you all the info you need for becoming a medication aide. you must take a 68 hour course in VA and pass the state exam to receive your licensure. I rec'd mines back in February 2011. I was not hard at all. For VA State Assisted Living Facilities are required to hire Medication Aides and or CNA's/Med Aides to administer medication. It is required by law.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

EPierce in Richmond, Virginia

35 months ago

Someone please help me find out where I can take the Med Tech class. I have been trying for the last 3-years.

peperenpe in Acworth, Georgia

35 months ago

Michelle in Huntington, West Virginia said: I'm 20 and have been a CNA since I was 18. I now want to get my MED TECH. Lic. but dont know where to find somewhere to take the classes. I do a google search and all it does is bring up MEDICAL TECHS. Is it call something else in West Virginia. I just moved here from florida and I know in Florida they were called MED TECHS but someone told me back here they are call APAC but I google that and still find nothing...Can anyone help?

no class or licence for medtech all u ve to do is work in an assisted living and when their is a need for medtech position the facility will give you 2wks trainnig an test you upon tested and meet passing requirement you will be considerd a medtech with an increase raise of $1.

andreadleb in Plainville, Connecticut

34 months ago

julie harrelson in High Point, North Carolina said: I have almost completed my CNA class. Where do I go for Med Tech class?

hi there i too live in Ct and want to know where to go for med tech training

dianna in Providence, Rhode Island

34 months ago

Cathy Catrett in Enterprise, Alabama said: i would like to be able to find my certificate. Does anyone know how to?

try the registry online for nurses and cna thru alabama health dept959

Delores Felder in Danville, Virginia

33 months ago

randi in Dudley, North Carolina said: i am a cna i would like to get my med tech lic. but dont know where to get them. i live in reidsville north carolina. do you know anywhere close to me that offers training?

Yes at Piedmont Community College in Yanceyville N.C for $65 dollars...

33 months ago

Can someone tell me do medication aide expired for the State of North Carolina....

emily in Matthews, North Carolina

33 months ago

I'm trying to figure out if this information i found about CNA training is legitimate. www.cnatrainingdotcom.com I've been thinking about retraining for cna and i'm trying to get the best possible information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sandy in Irwin, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

where in irwin pa.15642

dellgirl07109 in Forsyth, Georgia

33 months ago

Carrie in Dayton, Ohio said: Hey I see that your question is different but I was wondering from you...how to get my CNA.
Thanks!

Challenge the state if you think you know enough.!

missey-sechrist in Stephenville, Texas

32 months ago

for the person trying to private sit you can do that and not loose your liense if you report it to the nurses aide regestery they say every 2 yrs for tx but id do it every yr to be safe and not sorry look up nurses aide regestry in your state .com to see if there rules are the same as tx but you can private sit involves alot of paper work but you can do it and put you out some flyers and business cards to advertise what you do you will get some one to private sit for and every body else tren to get there med aide liensces try the same go to the nurses aide regestery in your state . com and request info on how to and where too or call a nursing home and get their number and call and ask them hope this helps missey

Tabatha Arnole

32 months ago

Michelle Felder in Danville, Virginia said: Is Med-Aide in Med-Tech to difference things in NC...

Yes, they are two different things in NC. The medication tech can pass medication in family care homes,group homes and assisted living facilities.
the medication aide can pass meds at long term care facilities like nursing homes.
I just took a medication tech class at CarolinaAlliedHealth.com and my exam date is in 1 week. The class I took was 4hrs long and I feel prepared for my exam. I'll let you guys know my results. Hope this helps!

dorispatterson85@yahoo.com in Fayetteville, North Carolina

31 months ago

does the certification for med tech expire?, took in 2001, I am not an CNA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DELLGIRL07109

31 months ago

christiana in Riverside, California said: what do i need to get my cna

PROMETRICS !!!!

DELLGIRL07109

31 months ago

La-Del Jones in Amherst, Virginia said: I'm a cna and have been since 1985. I've gone through training two times. Because I let my license expire the first time. I had to retake it all over again.Every job that I look at you have to have med tech too.

NOT REALLY !!!! I am a cna and I do not need Med Tech.
they preper that you have one. so they have 2 for the
price of 1.!!!!!

dellgirl07109

31 months ago

scain23 in Conrad, Montana said: i have be working over 90 days and i still dont have my license for cna. i was wondering how i call so i can take my test?

You have been working as a cna?! or hha? first of all in most states you can not work as a cna unless you have your licence.! there is prometrics you can
call I am sure they are all over the state (S). they arrange testing and you can challange the testing (s) written, and clinical

dellgirl07109

31 months ago

Yvette Norman in Greensboro, North Carolina said: If your license has expired, do you have to take the test again?

YES !!!!

dellgirl07109

31 months ago

candice parker in Augusta, Georgia said: my cna expired 3 years ago. can i retake the test with out all the training? i need an answer. thanks

You have to do it all over again.!!!!!

Emily

31 months ago

La-Del Jones in Amherst, Virginia said: I'm a cna and have been since 1985. I've gone through training two times. Because I let my license expire the first time. I had to retake it all over again.Every job that I look at you have to have med tech too.

Really great information [url=www.cnatrainingdotcom.com]CNA Training[/url]

30 months ago

mara in South Boston, Virginia said: Hey ladies, i just moved to South bOston VA, Im getting my Med Tech Class In NC, They said i dont nee to be a CNA. The College is providing a 4 day course what cha think, I read that va you neeed to have a cna class, will it even make a difference if i get the med tech. will i be require to then be a cna, after????

If you need to know how much is $65.00 fee for four days then $25.oo for the test. Im guessing the fee for registration...

Where in Nc is this Classes,And do they have a website....

30 months ago

Is there a study guide of med tech/website page...

donnarubinsteinoliver@yahoo.com in Santa Barbara, California

30 months ago

Still waiting for some help............
I've had my CNA lic. for many years and would like to know I can get the book and study for the Med Tech Lic. Does anyone know how much it costs and where I can take the test?

Georgiaman

30 months ago

Has anyone been on USA JOBS website lately? I have tried applying for a job on that website, but for some reason, the "revamped" website does NOT have an icon I can click on to let me apply for a job. Has anyone experienced a similar problem with that site?

MARY HAGGANS in Detroit, Michigan

29 months ago

I HAVE BE A CENA FOR 15 YEARS AND WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN THAT BECAUSE ITS A ENHANCEMENT YOUR CERTIFICATION BUT OF COARSE YOU HAVE JUMP THROUGH TO GET ANYTHING FROM THE CITY !! LOL BUT YET THEY WANT YOU TO BE SELF SUFFICENT AND THATS A SHAME PLEASE ALSO IM LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME POSITION PREFERABLEY MIDNIGHTS !!! 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE SEND ME A EMAIL HAGGANSINC.yahoo>COM

hamere in Glen Burnie, Maryland

29 months ago

I want to get my med tech lincence but i dont have any idea where to go so please if any one can help me? I live in maryland in silver spring thank you

donna6250 in Orange City, Florida

28 months ago

i just moved here frm mass and i have 40 yrs of experience how do i take a test here to get med tech

Rochelle Hassel in Norfolk, Virginia

28 months ago

Hello :-) Does anyone no where i can get free or low cost CNA training in Norfolk,Va....Your response will be kindly appreciated...Thank U and God Bless:-)

shivaruffner@gmailcom in Hilo, Hawaii

27 months ago

trish cunningham in Charlotte, North Carolina said: i want to get my med teach license and i need the information on where you go to get them.

I need to know where I can get med-tech training for home health care services. Sharon Hilo, Hawaii

renee in Winchester, Virginia

27 months ago

where to go to become med tech in winchester va.

allison in Roanoke, Virginia

27 months ago

candice parker in Augusta, Georgia said: my cna expired 3 years ago. can i retake the test with out all the training? i need an answer. thanks

Sorry to tell you but you have to take the CNA classes again if it expires after a year

Professional in Spokane, Washington

25 months ago

MARY HAGGANS in Detroit, Michigan said: I HAVE BE A CENA FOR 15 YEARS AND WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN THAT BECAUSE ITS A ENHANCEMENT YOUR CERTIFICATION BUT OF COARSE YOU HAVE JUMP THROUGH TO GET ANYTHING FROM THE CITY !! LOL BUT YET THEY WANT YOU TO BE SELF SUFFICENT AND THATS A SHAME PLEASE ALSO IM LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME POSITION PREFERABLEY MIDNIGHTS !!! 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE SEND ME A EMAIL HAGGANSINC.yahoo>COM

You should brush up on your spelling before filling out an application!

donnarubinsteinoliver@yahoo.com in Santa Barbara, California

25 months ago

I have posted twice, with no answer. In Santa Barbara,Ca. , Where can I take a Med Tech class to be certified? How much is the class, books and test fees. I do have my CNA licsence ,CPR, First Aide.....
Can someone please help me.
I am awaiting a response. !!

peperenpe in Bakersfield, California

25 months ago

there is no fee or class for medtech. the Assisted living will train you for free for two week and add $1.00 plus whatever you are payed for as CNA. i hope this is helpfull

Joan in Grover, Missouri

24 months ago

I need to find a older CMT Instructors manual . The new one doesn't have enough info.

kody in Sanford, Florida

22 months ago

445+8

bakhealth in Woodbridge, Virginia

12 months ago

need to teach med tech class where do i go get the training for that

Sweetlady777 in Chesapeake, Virginia

10 months ago

Hey guys....its been a month already im looking where i can get Med Tech class near my place here in Chesapeake VA please please let me know....anyone have an idea or just finished a med tech their class.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.