no experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 124)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Kaye in Detroit, Michigan

84 months ago

I have my state certification, but a lot of places want you to have 1-3 yrs exp. This is difficult....whay can I do? Where do CNA's start...hospitals...nursing homes...home health care???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (225) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

bolingo in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Kaye in Detroit, Michigan said: I have my state certification, but a lot of places want you to have 1-3 yrs exp. This is difficult....whay can I do? Where do CNA's start...hospitals...nursing homes...home health care???

nursing homes always hired even if you are no exp is not the top ,at least you
can make it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in New Baltimore, Michigan

70 months ago

Renee in Southfield, Michigan said: Kaye, I just finished my training last Friday. At the end of the course we were given a list of facilities that will hire you with only your acknowledgement of training.(while you are waiting to get your # from Lansing to take your state exam) I'm from Southfield Mich. Post your email and I will send you the list. There are 26 facilities on the list!! Renee

Hi, Renee. I finished my training last month and finally took my state exam and passed. I, too, am looking for a facility that will hire someone with no experience. Would you please send me the list you received? I would truly appreciate it. Thanks so much! mkulcharyk@comcast.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

i'm looking too in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Kaye in Detroit, Michigan said: I have my state certification, but a lot of places want you to have 1-3 yrs exp. This is difficult....whay can I do? Where do CNA's start...hospitals...nursing homes...home health care???

if you can, can you send me one too. Thanks a bunch.
Godinme7@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

i'm looking too in Detroit, Michigan

69 months ago

Renee in Southfield, Michigan said: Kaye, I just finished my training last Friday. At the end of the course we were given a list of facilities that will hire you with only your acknowledgement of training.(while you are waiting to get your # from Lansing to take your state exam) I'm from Southfield Mich. Post your email and I will send you the list. There are 26 facilities on the list!! Renee

oops I meant you. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

B in Indianapolis, Indiana

69 months ago

i started in a nursing home,thats where i learned alot of tricks of the trade. if you have at least 3-6months,try a medical staffing agency, thats a great way to get experience in alot of different areas of nursing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

APRIL in Pinellas Park, Florida

63 months ago

mallory maxim in Largo, Florida said: this is bull$%%. ive had my licence for cna for about a mo. now. why is it that all the jobs i search are 1-3 yr experienced? how do they expect u to have the experience when no ones willing to hire new cnas.ive always wanted to work in the medical field and move up but this job searching aint cutting it.everyone always told me "oh cna is so easy to find a job" yeah right.ive search online,the paper an even actually drove to each facility. if neone whos of job openings in largo ,clw,st.pete,pinellas park florida please contact me an let me know!thanks i highly appreciate it an good luck to all!

Try EatBay Nursing Center in Clearwater..On EastBay and Bedford Circle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

APRIL in Pinellas Park, Florida

63 months ago

Try EastBay Nursing Center in Clearwater..On EastBay and Bedford Circle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

erinpulluaim in Atlanta, Georgia

60 months ago

Hi, Renee. I finished my training last month and finally took my state exam and passed. I, too, am looking for a facility that will hire someone with no experience. Would you please send me the list you received? I would truly appreciate it. Thanks so much! erinpulluaim@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Rego Park, New York

60 months ago

Hi Renee. I am starting volunteerin job in October, because that what they told us at school. I thought i did not have any options
until i take the state Board. Its frustrating all this waiting and
no money. Could give info on nursing homes that do not require license. DO you know by any chance how to look those facilities in other states? Thanks a lot in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

erinpulluaim in Woodstock, Georgia

60 months ago

I'm in atlanta, ga, my e-mail address for the 26 listings you have Renee is erinpulluaim@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DorothyGlover

59 months ago

B in Indianapolis, Indiana said: i started in a nursing home,thats where i learned alot of tricks of the trade. if you have at least 3-6months,try a medical staffing agency, thats a great way to get experience in alot of different areas of nursing

where do you find these medical staffing agencies, I am not even sure if there is one in my area. I live in Scott Co Indiana.

CNAJOR in Warren, Michigan

59 months ago

HI RENEE I READ UR BLOG I ALSO CANNOT FIND A CNA JOB ITS LIKE THEY TAKE UR MONEY AND RUN, WOULD YOU PLEASE ALSO EMAIL ME THAT LIST CNAJOR@GMAIL.COM THANK YOU

59 months ago

I can recommend volunteering, I don't consider it is a waste of time , because you get you foot ina door, make connections, go Human REsources Office and make friend there. Some people register with medical stuffing agencies.

I am still waitibg for reply on my request for nursing homes list.
People help! At least point me in a right direction. How to search for nursing homes that hire without a license, ( in my case it is in New York city.

59 months ago

Can I please have the list? Thank you.
a_kraiz@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Well, I look on-line. just search yellowpages.com The agency itself does not have to be located in your town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aretha m in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

hello everyone i feel your pain,i finished a recertification program last august 08.i havent worked yet,i'm looking for hospital work also.i'm in atlanta,ga the instructors trained you and the schools take your money but they don't tell you that you must have 1yr experience actual work experience to get hired on at an hospital thats not fare.if you out there know of a hospital in atlanta that hires cnas fresh out of school please let me know. thanks aretha s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

I don't know about Georgia, but in New York, I heard about a girl who registered with medical staffing agency, got hired at nursing home for $9.00 an hour which is very little for New York, anyway
she did it to get experience only for 3 months and then got hired at a hospital.

Damaris

59 months ago

Anna in Rego Park, New York said: I can recommend volunteering, I don't consider it is a waste of time , because you get you foot ina door, make connections, go Human REsources Office and make friend there. Some people register with medical stuffing agencies.

I am still waitibg for reply on my request for nursing homes list.
People help! At least point me in a right direction. How to search for nursing homes that hire without a license, ( in my case it is in New York city.

Hi,
I live in Jamaica, Queens NY and will be starting my externship soon, my only concern was that after I finished my training I was left dead broke after paying for my classes that I ended up having to wait 2 months to pay my final payment, which is the reason why I culdnt' start my externship until after I paid my final payment to the school, and forgot a lot of what I was trained to do. Do you know of any places where I maybe able to go and volunteer? I really would like to brush up before I take my state boards, my main concern right now is making sure I know how to do my Skills.

Damaris

59 months ago

I simply went on-line and loook up hospitals in my area.
Every hospital has a website and a volunteers department. I called them up they told me to vome in and fill out a volunterrs application. I actually downloaded from their website, filled out\and just showed up with my resume and CNA school certification.
BEfore going it isa good idea to find out the name of supervisor;
you want to talk to them directly and make a good impression. That's all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aretha m in Riverdale, Georgia

59 months ago

hi demaris in new york,try some nursing homes for traning,also while you are home do some bedmaking techniques that you learned at school with an partner,also constantly take vital signs on yourself on someone in the home .and remember handwashing techniques 15sec rule,and turning and positioning patients,feeding walking pts.etc volunteer at nursing homes,the red cross trains for $100 check them out online for cna classes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlong3 in detroit, Michigan

59 months ago

hi my name is maria and i live in detroit,mi and i just got out a cna classes the class was 2-weeks, now im looking for a nurseing assistant job ,but i have not took the state test yet can somebody let me know if there are any jobs just for nuresing assistant here in detroit thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sherin in Detroit, Michigan

58 months ago

Do you mind if you can send me the list too? I have all the paperwork but no place is hiring. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

carolchristianson@ymail.com in Pekin, Illinois

58 months ago

The best place for you to start woulod be in home healthcare because that is where you are going to gain your work experience at.

carolchristianson@ymail.com in Pekin, Illinois

58 months ago

bolingo in Houston, Texas said: nursing homes always hired even if you are no exp is not the top ,at least you
can make it

Your best bet is home healthcare, because that is where you will gain your most experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Domonique in West Bloomfield, Michigan

58 months ago

Hi my name is Domonique
that would be nice if you could send that to me too.
i'm just finishing my class two weeks ago and my state boards is on Dec. 1 Here is my email aldermandomonique@yahoo.com

Sherin in Hamtramck, Michigan

57 months ago

Can you please send me the list too. My email address is Sherinbegum86@yahoo.com
I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

centra smith in Detroit, Michigan

57 months ago

Domonique in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: Hi my name is Domonique
that would be nice if you could send that to me too.
i'm just finishing my class two weeks ago and my state boards is on Dec. 1 Here is my email aldermandomonique@yahoo.com

Hi my name is centra and i'm tring to become a cna< do u know any programs near the detroit, Mi area???

Damaris_85 in Jamaica, New York

57 months ago

Hi

I would like to know if there is anyone here from NY, preferably from Queens I'm seeking information abou agencies or nursing homes/hospitals that will hire me without my liscense? I have my nursing home internsip experience,CPR, grades, back ground check and certificate just missing state liscense.

If anyone works, or knows of any place that will hire me as a CNA WITHOUT liscense please let me know.

Thank You
=o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

janetziz in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I applied at any hospital I could possibly find around my area and they all rejected my work offer, so I then gave up. After three months I applied at a OTC facillity and they hired me on the spot!

57 months ago

I meant Long term care facillity, and they are in need for alot of new CNA's and are willing to train them too! Located around the area of Chicago. I am willing to work here for 1yr. then work in a hospital.

lala in Eaton Rapids, Michigan

57 months ago

nursing homes

57 months ago

lala in Eaton Rapids, Michigan said: nursing homes

Nursing home is a great start!

needhelp_sos in Clinton Township, Michigan

56 months ago

can someboy just help me my e mail is corrissaweaver@yahoo.com

al in Warren, Michigan

56 months ago

This thread is like two years old and people are still asking for a list?? It's worth a try I guess, right? Anyways, I'm currently taking my CNA class. I'm already looking for places that I would like to work and be hired. I really would like to start off in the home health care, but from what I've seen, they want some experience as well. I think my only choice now is to look for assisted living facilities and start off with experience there. I've had an aunt who worked nearby my home, so I think I'll use her as a referral to get me in, although she isn't there anymore.

This job hunting is still very tough, perhaps I'll get a list of places that may be hiring as well when I get done in 3 more weeks. Yes, I look forward to anyone listing any places that'll take non experienced cna's.

Hcurrenceve@gmail.com in Rock Hill, South Carolina

55 months ago

Hi i need a job too as a CNA please send me the list as well. thanks

B Ming in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

A nursing home is yor best choice for employment, they will hire you and train you. Most homes are alwas looking for help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert G in Toledo, Ohio

55 months ago

Man they do just take your money and tell you there are no jobs and leave you out in the cold its like you dont have to pay rent or buy food or put gas in your car like them. So your telling me that even the state tested ones cant find work!?

Hcurrenceve@gmail.com in Rock Hill, South Carolina

55 months ago

something along those lines its just hard to find cna jobs

B Ming in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

I have never seen a time where nursing homes don't hire CNA's, try applying at some of them, you're see they will give you a chance always. Just be serious about learning the ways of patient care of the elderly, it can be hard for some.

joyel23 in Clawson, Michigan

55 months ago

Hi, renee I'm currently a certified nursing assistant and looking for job here in detroit. But, most of them needed experience. can you please email me the list too to my email add: joyel23@yahoo.com

Thanks

joyel23@yahoo.com in New Baltimore, Michigan

54 months ago

My name is Sieadah. I have a difficult time and would love if you email me that list so I can get to work. Thank You

cnaconnie@gmail.com in San Diego, California

54 months ago

Yes I've run into the same problem here in San Diego,Have put in apps. in nursing homes,Hospice,Staffing Agencies,ETC....still nothing, no call backs
I've also tried looking up senior services on internet to get a list in my area of Assisted living facilities, Adult Day Care home health staffing same thing 1 year exp. any other suggestions would be appreciated
thank you

marlo in Detroit, Michigan

54 months ago

plz send me the list and any info on what hospitals offer free in housetraining
other than that i'm looking at 1000.00 out of pocket cost at the rede cross

Nancy Hernandez in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

I am having trouble getting a ( cna ) job. When I apply they ask for 1-3years exp... Where can I get the experience if they don't hire me ..... The only experience that I have is my clinicals...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Gurnee, Illinois

54 months ago

I have the same problem. I have had my Cna since 2008 and now it is 2010.
I can not get a job as a cna becuse I don't have the experience. So what does
getting your Cna good if you can't get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ashley41 in Detroit, Michigan

54 months ago

HI RENEE.. I WAS WONDERING IF U COULD SEND ME THE LIST OF CNA JOBS.

thenewybt in Southfield, Michigan

53 months ago

Renee would you please send me the list too! I am currently waiting to get my # from Lansing and would like to get some work experience in. Thanks!

marlene sease in East Northport, New York

53 months ago

you have to be careful with most companies i been there also i lost my certification. and had to do the whole thing over so be careful sometimes they take your money and u wont get a job but if any one ask for money don't do it. find a nursing home or a hospital and watch for some agencies please beware i only speak the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

REDA

53 months ago

TRY TO APPLY AT AN ASSISTED LIVING FACULITY, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU BE A CNA BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE WORK EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO APPLY FOR SOMETHING IN YOUR FIELD. PLUS THE WORK IS NOT AS GRULLING AS IN THE NURSING HOME ESPECIALLY STATE FUNDED ONES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.