no experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 124)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

mandy in Southfield, Michigan

55 months ago

Renee in Southfield, Michigan said: Kaye, I just finished my training last Friday. At the end of the course we were given a list of facilities that will hire you with only your acknowledgement of training.(while you are waiting to get your # from Lansing to take your state exam) I'm from Southfield Mich. Post your email and I will send you the list. There are 26 facilities on the list!! Renee

hey can i get that list ? thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mandy in Southfield, Michigan

55 months ago

can i get that list please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

llugo10710 in Yonkers, New York

55 months ago

REDA said: TRY TO APPLY AT AN ASSISTED LIVING FACULITY, IT DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU BE A CNA BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE WORK EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO APPLY FOR SOMETHING IN YOUR FIELD. PLUS THE WORK IS NOT AS GRULLING AS IN THE NURSING HOME ESPECIALLY STATE FUNDED ONES.

NOTE: in order to keep your CNA certification you must work the minimum of 7 hours before the last month of your 2 year certification is up!!! only in a nursing home will it be renewed. NOT in a hospital or anywhere else. that is one of the bylines!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

marlene sease in East Northport, New York said: you have to be careful with most companies i been there also i lost my certification. and had to do the whole thing over so be careful sometimes they take your money and u wont get a job but if any one ask for money don't do it. find a nursing home or a hospital and watch for some agencies please beware i only speak the truth.

The only way you will lose you certification is if you do not work 7 hours minimum in an actual: nursing home. Hospital do not count.
the 7 hours have to be done 1 month before you 2 years are up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Anna in Rego Park, New York said: Hi Renee. I am starting volunteerin job in October, because that what they told us at school. I thought i did not have any options
until i take the state Board. Its frustrating all this waiting and
no money. Could give info on nursing homes that do not require license. DO you know by any chance how to look those facilities in other states? Thanks a lot in advance.

Try this site:
www.flipdog.com/jobs/new-york-city-ny/nursing/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ke ke in Ann Arbor, Michigan

54 months ago

send me the list to

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Somelostsoul in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Nursing homes..., kinda hard as well. I know some hospitals do hire w/o experience, like Kaiser. Very rare, but they do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JENELL CARPENTER in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

Kaye in Detroit, Michigan said: I have my state certification, but a lot of places want you to have 1-3 yrs exp. This is difficult....whay can I do? Where do CNA's start...hospitals...nursing homes...home health care???

HI MY NAME IS JENELL AND I FILL THE BEST WAY TO GETTHE EXPERIENCE IS IN THE NURSING HOME S SOMETIMES YOU WILL BE BLESS IN GET LUCK AND START IN THE HOSPITAL BUT DONT NEVER GIVE UP IT IS A JOY TO KNOW THAT TAHT PERSON OR PERSONS YOU TOOK CARE OF WHEN THEY TELL THEIR LOVE ONE EVEN IF THEY CANT REMEMEBER YOUR NAME THEY CANE REMEMBER THE FACE. THANKS GOOD LUCK AND PRAY GOD LOVES YOU AND I DO TO AMEN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zenobia in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

I am looking for a job as a Cna most of the places i called said i dont have enough experience ive been certified a few months where can i find a job this is crazy how do u get experience if no one will give you a chance soo crazy and not fair.

charlotte hambrick in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

I am certified nursing assistant looking for work in atlanta,ga. Have 7 years experience.

thank you charlotte hambrick

courtney in Clinton Township, Michigan

50 months ago

Renee in Southfield, Michigan said: Kaye, I just finished my training last Friday. At the end of the course we were given a list of facilities that will hire you with only your acknowledgement of training.(while you are waiting to get your # from Lansing to take your state exam) I'm from Southfield Mich. Post your email and I will send you the list. There are 26 facilities on the list!! Renee

Renee, my email address is courtneywestmiller@yahoo.com. Would you please send me the list you were referring to in the above paragraph? I passed my state exam and am interested in any job that does not require experience. Thanks!!

virginia in Knoxville, Tennessee

49 months ago

hi, renee
i was wanting to know if you still had the list of places that hire with no experience. if you do if you could please send it to me thanks so much Virginia
my email is wolfyangel3@hotmail.com thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

santgj in Dallas, Texas

48 months ago

bolingo in Houston, Texas said: nursing homes always hired even if you are no exp is not the top ,at least you
can make it

How much do nursing home and hospitals start you out with no experience? can you work and earn your license as well?

brykrandy in Buffalo, New York

47 months ago

Try contacting the Nursing homes in your area. Good luck.

Fritzy in Kansas City, Missouri

47 months ago

I have been a cna for over 20 years and NO PLACE is hiring in Kansas City, Mo. Certainly no nursing homes and home health agencies lead you on, waste your time in orientation just to tell you there is nothing "right now".

Leslie in Newport News, Virginia

47 months ago

Kaye in Detroit, Michigan said: I have my state certification, but a lot of places want you to have 1-3 yrs exp. This is difficult....whay can I do? Where do CNA's start...hospitals...nursing homes...home health care???

I am in the same position. I have my state certification, but everywhere wants you to have at least 1 year experience. I was able to get a job as a Home Health CNA, but I was traveling over 200 miles per week and not getting paid mileage on top of the low starting pay. The final straw was when I received a couple of cases where all I did was go in and clean the clients house...scrubbing floors, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom...I'm sorry I know as a CNA we may be required to do LIGHT housekeeping but these people just didn't want to pay what Merry Maids was charging and my nurse manager went along with it just to get clients. I took the NA program to learning nursing skills, not housekeeping. I love the "nursing" aspect of being a CNA and would love a job in a hospital.

jennymel2003@yahoo.com in Oak Lawn, Illinois

47 months ago

trust me i have tried to find a job as a CNA I received my certificate Jan 2010 and I am still looking i have been on so many inetrviews and everyone wants experience. I have tried Hospitals and Nursing Homes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

franny in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

llugo10710 in Yonkers, New York said: try volunteering and also look up agencies that are hiring without experience. Advanced Care is one of them pay is about $9.00 an hour though! my unemployment pays more than that but you need to get at least 6 months of experience before you can apply for any other full time jobs. try as many agencies as you can not just one and work as many days as needed in order to pay off......note I have my CNA since August of last year. and also my National certification for Patient Care Technician!!!

the name of the company is advanced care??i tried looking through the web but it wasnt easy. since you know the company info can you please write the telephone number and address. than you for your time.

Ryanshell in Dayton, Ohio

45 months ago

Leslie in Newport News, Virginia said: I am in the same position. I have my state certification, but everywhere wants you to have at least 1 year experience. I was able to get a job as a Home Health CNA, but I was traveling over 200 miles per week and not getting paid mileage on top of the low starting pay. The final straw was when I received a couple of cases where all I did was go in and clean the clients house...scrubbing floors, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom...I'm sorry I know as a CNA we may be required to do LIGHT housekeeping but these people just didn't want to pay what Merry Maids was charging and my nurse manager went along with it just to get clients. I took the NA program to learning nursing skills, not housekeeping. I love the "nursing" aspect of being a CNA and would love a job in a hospital.

AMEN! I'm in the same boat! Still looking into hospitals...but not enough experience! I'm tired of cleaning people's houses!

rochell brown in Detroit, Michigan

45 months ago

Still in the same position haven't gained employment yet I am so tired of this it seams as if I wasted my time training It feels like Im being punked I cant beleive this sh.., Now I feel it's a load of crap. Why do they have this program if no one is going to hire you. CNA program is a waste of money and time I could have spent my money else where.

Leslie in Newport News, Virginia

45 months ago

rochell brown in Detroit, Michigan said: Still in the same position haven't gained employment yet I am so tired of this it seams as if I wasted my time training It feels like Im being punked I cant beleive this sh.., Now I feel it's a load of crap. Why do they have this program if no one is going to hire you. CNA program is a waste of money and time I could have spent my money else where.

I completely understand how you are feeling. I felt this same way. Thank God after applying and applying and interviewing I finally got a job in a hospital. The frustrating thing is this hospital is part of the organization where I did my CNA training in the first place, but I still had to apply and go through everything just as if I was someone walking in off the street. I applied for I don't know how many jobs before this opened up. I was reading my local newspaper and one of the community colleges here is starting a Nurse Aide training program because they say the need for CNAs is so great....there are plenty of CNA/NAs out there, they just can't get hired because they don't have the experience. It is a shame that the people going through these programs think that there are so many jobs out there, but they aren't told they won't get hired. I don't understand, because nurses go through course work, clinicals, sit for the boards and can be hired right away...why not CNA's? Isn't their jobs more complex than ours? There needs to be a change....

Maria Escamilla in Cicero, Illinois

45 months ago

Hi.
My name is Maria Escamilla. I'm certified as Nursing Assistant. I'm in urge to find a job. The problem is that i don't have any formal experience. I need help with a job.
Thank you!

Maria Escamilla in Cicero, Illinois

45 months ago

Hi.
My name is Maria Escamilla. I'm certified as Nursing Assistant. I'm in urge to find a job. The problem is that i don't have any formal experience. I need help with a job.
Thank you!

135 in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

kanquina400@yahoo.com

julmac in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

I know times are hard but why no volunteer at a nursing home and gain at least 1 year experience!! Hope this hleps you though!!! If you have an option to do another job them do it ok! Supplement you regular job fro day time and volunteer at nights or vice versa!!!! Good luck!!

Daisy Fontes in Malden, Massachusetts

44 months ago

Hi Kaye, I graduated as a CNA last years and was hard to find the place that I really wanna work, without experience we have no chance to be hired in the Hospital, but definitely in facilities and home health aids, and unfortunately they dont pay good. Good luck!!
You may try Facilities, and see if you like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmine Harris in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

Can i have this list please? I just got my certification and I really need a job.

44 months ago

o you also have a listof facilities in the New York area!!

44 months ago

franny in Brooklyn, New York said: the name of the company is advanced care??i tried looking through the web but it wasnt easy. since you know the company info can you please write the telephone number and address. than you for your time.

Hi thanks for te heads up!!!!

Rochell Brown in Detroit, Michigan in Wayne, New Jersey

44 months ago

please send me the list?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Raymond Jacobs in Detroit, Michigan

44 months ago

Can you please send me the list too.. rjac0516@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elaine in Grandview, Missouri

44 months ago

Dont waste your time being a cna it will only break you down physically and mentally. GET YOUR R.N.!!!!

kimbreeze111 in Hazel Park, Michigan

44 months ago

can u email me the lis too at latoriahester@yahoo.com

tara lynne in Saint Petersburg, Florida

43 months ago

ok so i just saw your thing on the cna forum so now im having the same problem did you ever find a job as a cna cause i have been a cna for a month and i have driven to like 20 places and i still can not find any where that will hire with no experience i am going crazy and i live in saint peter so i am not to far from you please help me thank you very much

Jessica Countryman in Tampa, Florida

43 months ago

Hi everybody. There are places out there that do hire CNA's without experience. I am an administrator at one of these places. I have been a CNA for over 10 years. I moved to Tampa FL last year and applied to work in the field, but due to other qualifications and experience, I landed a job as an administrator for a non-medical home care agency. We are always looking for CNA's to service Hillsborough and Pasco county. I have even been to some of the CNA prep schools, recruiting CNA's and HHA's. Caring and Compassion are not traits that you get from experience, and those are the 2 main things I look for when I hire CNA's. If anyone lives in these areas and wants to gain experience, email your resume to me at Jess@visitingangelstampabay.com Good luck to you all! Don't give UP :)

Jessica Countryman in Tampa, Florida

43 months ago

tara lynne in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: ok so i just saw your thing on the cna forum so now im having the same problem did you ever find a job as a cna cause i have been a cna for a month and i have driven to like 20 places and i still can not find any where that will hire with no experience i am going crazy and i live in saint peter so i am not to far from you please help me thank you very much

Hi everybody. There are places out there that do hire CNA's without experience. I am an administrator at one of these places. I have been a CNA for over 10 years. I moved to Tampa FL last year and applied to work in the field, but due to other qualifications and experience, I landed a job as an administrator for a non-medical home care agency. We are always looking for CNA's to service Hillsborough and Pasco county. I have even been to some of the CNA prep schools, recruiting CNA's and HHA's. Caring and Compassion are not traits that you get from experience, and those are the 2 main things I look for when I hire CNA's. If anyone lives in these areas and wants to gain experience, email your resume to me at Jess@visitingangelstampabay.com Good luck to you all! Don't give UP :)

FORSTER in College Park, Maryland

43 months ago

please,i really need urgent help.I am a man residing in Greenbelt ,MD,and have both CNA and GNA but i cannot get job in Hospitals and in Nursing homes.This is because they have been demanding 1 to 2 year EXPERIENCES before I can be employed.HOW can i get the needed EXPIRIENCED IF I AM NOT EMPLOYED? please ,help get me hospitals and nursing homes that can employed me as either CNA OR GNA.I promise to be dedicated to my jobs and all other services that amy be assigned to me. Thanks.

cna22 in Park Forest, Illinois

43 months ago

i've been a cna for 2 years now and i stilllllllllllllll haven't got a job! this is ridiculous!

gateway_angel in Racine, Wisconsin

42 months ago

I am living in the south side of Wisconsin. I've had my CNA since December, applied at about 20 different places..nursing homes, hospitals, LTC. I have not gotten one call back! What is going on here??? I spend $800 on the class, books and other things for the class and it's 5 months later and still nothing!! I am so irritated I don't know what to do!! Someone please help!!!

Tarathomas in Saint Petersburg, Florida

41 months ago

What I had to do is call the places you applied at they will really have you stuck in there head if you call it shows them you really want the job

E.O. in Houston, Texas

41 months ago

I have had my certification for almost 2 years and I have had no luck with finding a job. They all require experience and I lack it. If anyone has any leads in the Houston, TX area, My email is eokoronkwo(at)gmail.com

Thanks!

miss mary in Oak Park, Michigan

41 months ago

JENELL CARPENTER in Dallas, Texas said: HI MY NAME IS JENELL AND I FILL THE BEST WAY TO GETTHE EXPERIENCE IS IN THE NURSING HOME S SOMETIMES YOU WILL BE BLESS IN GET LUCK AND START IN THE HOSPITAL BUT DONT NEVER GIVE UP IT IS A JOY TO KNOW THAT TAHT PERSON OR PERSONS YOU TOOK CARE OF WHEN THEY TELL THEIR LOVE ONE EVEN IF THEY CANT REMEMEBER YOUR NAME THEY CANE REMEMBER THE FACE. THANKS GOOD LUCK AND PRAY GOD LOVES YOU AND I DO TO AMEN.

amen to that we need alot more caring compassionate people out there....

YOLY73 in Winnetka, California

40 months ago

charlotte hambrick in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am certified nursing assistant looking for work in atlanta,ga. Have 7 years experience.

thank you charlotte hambrick

I HAVE BEEN A CNA FOR OVER 7 YEARS AND NOBODY WANTS TO HIRE ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

nickvaldez24 in San Diego, California

40 months ago

Lori Griffin in Homosassa, Florida said: I feel your pain. I just passed the state cerfication and I live in the Crystal River/Ocala area and no one wants to hire me because I have no experience. Of course, the school that took my money didn't tell me that....I have been told to just keep trying the nursing homes...

yeah same thing here, no one wants to hire me and my school waited till the last minute to tell me I have to have experiance, so its like where the hell do you start, and they keep telling me as well to try nursing homes how ever the best way to get a job is to be a volunteer at a nursing home for 3 to 6 months before they even think about hiring you as a CNA which is no promise. so I stopped hoping and feeling good about my CNA, I feel horrible like it was a waste of time now I am only doing it cause I have to, not that I want to cause I dont, its truely a waste of time volunteering when i am in dier need of money to live. like its horrible. anyways, good luck to you and I hope you find some thing. I am going to do the volunteering crap and hope I get hired hahahahahahaha

GM in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

nickvaldez24 in San Diego, California said: yeah same thing here, no one wants to hire me and my school waited till the last minute to tell me I have to have experiance, so its like where the hell do you start, and they keep telling me as well to try nursing homes how ever the best way to get a job is to be a volunteer at a nursing home for 3 to 6 months before they even think about hiring you as a CNA which is no promise. so I stopped hoping and feeling good about my CNA, I feel horrible like it was a waste of time now I am only doing it cause I have to, not that I want to cause I dont, its truely a waste of time volunteering when i am in dier need of money to live. like its horrible. anyways, good luck to you and I hope you find some thing. I am going to do the volunteering crap and hope I get hired hahahahahahaha

The same thing happened to me, I've been trying to get a CNA job in a nursing home and they request at least one year experience. No one wants to give me the opportunity to get experience. For me this was a waste of time. I am moving on to different things. Here in Chicago, there is so much competition to get a job as a CNA because of nursing students. Nursing homes rather hire nursing students than a CNAs. My plan was to work in a nursing home near my home, it's literally 6 blocks away. This nursing home does no require experience at all. I haven't heard from them. I've been sending them an application every month since March. It's ridiculous. The nursing home where I did my externship isn't hiring, neither are any other nursing homes 5+ miles away (Believe me, I called every single one of them). Even if they are not hiring I fill out applications online. I feel duped....

mdcvaz00@yahoo.com in Hialeah, Florida

39 months ago

I just passed the SPI state board exam to work in hospitals. Nobody hires you without experience. I've been looking for a job since June. I can not take it anymore. I am exhausted.Nobody helps you at all. This is the true!!!

luis in Saint Louis, Missouri

36 months ago

i dont not have my cna certification, but i do have 48 skills done out of 64, and just leaving a cna program but not completed. i have finish all my CNA videos . also Health Occupations Employee Of The Month. how can i go about working at a nursing home and finding ways to get my state certification,

luis in Saint Louis, Missouri

36 months ago

dont not have my cna certification, but i do have 48 skills done out of 64, and just leaving a cna program but not completed. i have finish all my CNA videos . also Health Occupations Employee Of The Month. how can i go about working at a nursing home and finding ways to get my state certification,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mickey in Palatine, Illinois

36 months ago

I currently have a Bachelor of Science in Public Health and am volunteering at a hospital and will be volunteering at a nursing home. Since it has been a challenge finding a job in public health, I'm seriously thinking about registering for the CNA course in January 2012. I want to become a CNA then work my way up within a nursing home and eventually become a healthcare administrator. Has anyone started off as a CNA and worked their way up within a nursing home or a hospital without becoming a nurse?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melissa in Sarasota, Florida

34 months ago

diana lewis in Battle Creek, Michigan said: looking for full-time work in the battle creek mi area can you help me with 6 ths moths exp. long term care

Diane, try Indeed.com for career listings.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.