The pay and Nurse abuse in Jackson,MS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

mjwjgenesis in Jackson, Mississippi

29 months ago

I just recently moved to Jackson,MS and I cannot believe the level of ignorance of Nursing Home/Centers Administration that they would only pay CNA at 8.50hr and some facilities don't even want to offer benefits on top of low pay. Then when I ask why is the pay so low they actually have a nerve to say well the cost of living is low. Low for who because I put gas in my car, buy grocieries,pay daycare,rent just like everyone else and NEW FLASH JACKSON,MS the cost of living is not low, Maybe if CNA's across the border would start walking out and refusing to work until the pay is increased what would administrators do then, you can't run facilities without CNA's so why treat them as though they don't matter start paying what people are worth. One day you may need a CNA to take care of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CNA in Hyden, Kentucky

28 months ago

mjwjgenesis in Jackson, Mississippi said: I just recently moved to Jackson,MS and I cannot believe the level of ignorance of Nursing Home/Centers Administration that they would only pay CNA at 8.50hr and some facilities don't even want to offer benefits on top of low pay. Then when I ask why is the pay so low they actually have a nerve to say well the cost of living is low. Low for who because I put gas in my car, buy grocieries,pay daycare ,rent just like everyone else and NEW FLASH JACKSON,MS the cost of living is not low, Maybe if CNA's across the border would start walking out and refusing to work until the pay is increased what would administrators do then, you can't run facilities without CNA's so why treat them as though they don't matter start paying what people are worth. One day you may need a CNA to take care of you.

The pay here is better.. The problem we have is the nurses and Admin, treat CNA's as lower class people.. We are the ones who take care of the patients yet we get treated like dirt. Maybe it is time for CNA's to stand up for each other and walk out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.