How to take NCLEX for CNA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

meghakaur in Fremont, California

83 months ago

Hi all,

Recently I have taken my theory and clinical class for CNA. Now I have to take CA state test for CNA, but I don't how to apply for this, whom do I call to, where do I go to take this test? I did a lot of searching online, but couldn't find anything. I have heard there is two test one for clinical skills and other is theory. I live in Fremont CA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Megha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dina in Collinsville, Illinois

83 months ago

Contact your local community college that have the CNA course you may be able to go thru them to take the state test.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paru in Sunnyvale, California

81 months ago

From where did you get CNA Classes in fremont.I also want to take classes but couldn't find any school in fremont.you can email me at parurupa80@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance.
Paru

Mary in San Jose, California

81 months ago

Paru in Sunnyvale, California said: From where did you get CNA Classes in fremont.I also want to take classes but couldn't find any school in fremont.you can email me at parurupa80@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance.
Paru[/QUOTE

Hi Paru,
I read your question about CNA classes in fremont...I live in San Jose. I found a school called Medical Career College(www.medcareercollege.com)In Fremont. The classes cost $900.00 but then the course only takes 1 month. I took my CNA/ HHA courses @ CCOC in San Jose 10 years ago for only $50.00...but it took me about 6 mos to finish. If you have any more question just email @ mvcruz40@yahoo.com and I'll try and help you out.
Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grace C, in Oakland, California

79 months ago

Mary in San Jose, California said:

Mary, THANK YOU very much for giving the information about MEDICAL CAREER COLLEGE in fremont. I checked out the website and gave them a call yesterday about CNA & LVN. They were very nice & helpful. I'm going to sign up on there CNA class next month, then continue on LVN program later. (14 months program), They are also going to have the RN bridge program later too...

Grace C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Sunol, California

79 months ago

Grace C,
I wish you all the best in your nursing career. Let me know how you like the school (MCC), as I will be attended soon myself.
Good Luck,

Mary C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Grace C. in Oakland, California

79 months ago

Mary in Sunol, California said: Grace C,
I wish you all the best in your nursing career. Let me know how you like the school (MCC), as I will be attended soon myself.
Good Luck,

Mary C.

Mary C.
Thank You! I already signed up for their CNA program next month. Looking forward to it. I will let you know right away, GOOD LUCK to u too! take care....

Grace C.

Meghakaur

77 months ago

Hi,

All students who are going to take CNA and LVN course in Medical career college (MCC)in Fremont Ca. I Just wanted to let you know guys, If you don't speak Tagalog(Philippines), then it is going to real hard for you. There is 90-95% students from Philippines. Teachers, Director, and whole staff is from Philippines. All the student talk in Tagalog in the class and the teachers also answer them in Tagalog. If you don't understand Tagalog your mouth would be wide opened what is going on. I was attending CNA course and there were 12 student form Philippines and 3 were, who did know how to speak Tagalog. The all 13 students gave us very hard time. We requested them can you guys talk in English in the class and ask your questions in English, but they never listed us. Same thing they all did in clinicals. We complained about this to director, she assured us she will take care of this. But it never happened. All the Tagalog student treat the management like they are they are their buddy. Nobody respects nobody. And you do not learned anything about clinicals in the school, you directly go the Nursing home and learn there. By the way I passed my State Test. I wanted to register in LVN program, but when I asked to some student who don't speak Tagalog. They also said the main problem is Tagalog. 95% student don't speak English. They know how to speak English, but they don't prefer to. So I dropped my idea to register in this class . Now I am thinking about NPC Hayward Ca. One more thing I took CPR here, and in the test we didn't even finish the all questions, and the teacher said it is ok and told us all the correct answers. Actually there is no quality education. You just take your certificate or license. And Place is small is that you can hear the other class what are they teaching. But staff is nice. But it doesn't matter when there is no quality education. I just wanted to let you know guys because it is my duty to let you know what the truth is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Meghakaur

77 months ago

Grace C, in Oakland, California said: Mary, THANK YOU very much for giving the information about MEDICAL CAREER COLLEGE in fremont. I checked out the website and gave them a call yesterday about CNA & LVN. They were very nice & helpful. I'm going to sign up on there CNA class next month, then continue on LVN program later. (14 months program), They are also going to have the RN bridge program later too...

Grace C.

Hi,

All students who are going to take CNA and LVN course in Medical career college (MCC)in Fremont Ca. I Just wanted to let you know guys, If you don't speak Tagalog(Philippines), then it is going to real hard for you. There is 90% students from Philippines. Teachers, Director, and whole staff is from Philippines. All the student talk in Tagalog in the class and the teachers also answer them in Tagalog. If you don't understand Tagalog your mouth would be wide opened what is going on. I was attending CNA course and there were 13 student form Philippines and 2 were, who didn't know how to speak Tagalog. The all 13 students gave us very hard time. We requested them can you guys talk in English in the class and ask your questions in English, but they never listed us. Same thing they all did in clinicals. We complained about this to director, she assured us she will take care of this. But it never happened. All the Tagalog student treat the management like they are they are their buddy. Nobody respects nobody. And you do not learned anything about clinical in the school, you directly go the Nursing home and learn there. By the way I passed my State Test. I wanted to register in LVN program, but when I asked to some student who don't speak Tagalog. They also said the main problem is Tagalog. 90% student don't speak English. They do know how to speak English, but they don't prefer to. So I dropped my idea to register in this class .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jean ho in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

i am a cna looking for a LVN school and i visited MCC at Fremont and so far i was so impressed with thier program, however, i do know the present school building is small..they are moving to a bigger building at Automall and i am m very ok with that i just started this week 3/17/08 VN Program and very happy with it at this time. i think isolated incidence happens you just have to come in see how the school is really running and god bless to people finding MEDICAL CAREER COLLEGE as a stepping stone career to be successful in a healthcare field..good luck..it can be worst other school has hidden agendas also coz i seen it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Meghakaur in Fremont, California

76 months ago

Hello guys,
First of all I have nothing personal with MCC. Like I said the main problem is the students who don't speak English, or don't prefer to speak English. Even though they are perfect English speaker. But they prefer to bother non tagalog speaking students. That's all I wanted to say. Like I said Staff is nice and I praise them.

BUT REALITY CAN NOT CHANGE WHATEVER YOU SAY. BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE SEEN IT ALL VERY CLOSELY. AND BY THE WAY I DID NOT TALK ABOUT ANY HIDDEN AGENDA. THAT IS YOU, WHO IS TALKING ABOUT IT.

They are too lenient with everything may be this is the reason you like it.
Good luck you with vn programme.

AGAIN NOTHING PERSONAL WITH MCC. IT IS JUST A REALITY. I AM NOT ENEMY OF MCC. I WANT TO SEE MCC IMPROVED. MCC SHOULD TAKE THIS AS A POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND TRY TO IMPROVE IT. THEY ARE TOO LENIENT TOWARDS TAGALOG SPEAKING STUDENTS. THEY SHOULD BE LITTLE STRICT BY RULES.
AGAIN STAFF IS NICE, THEY DESERVE THE PRAISE.

Again guys this is not a battle between me and mcc. I was just talking quality education that I didn't see there any more that time. So I just let you guys know. Because I thought, it is my social responsibility too, to let the other student know, what is the truth. that was all. By the way I am attending vn program in Npc in SF campus too.

bye

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Johnson in San Francisco, California

76 months ago

Hello, this is in response to Megha Kaur's review of MCC. I want to first state how rude and inconsiderate it is for someone who claims to be a graduate of this school to put down and say very negative comments. You should really consider your education and be grateful for receiving it from a great school! I am currently a student in the C.N.A. program and starting the L.V.N. program and I must say that the school is very knowledgeable and helpful and easy for learning in the medical field. You must be unaware that the school although young, is accredited with the Board of Vocational Nursing and the Department of Health in the State of California. With that said, this school has regularly met state inspections. I do my research!! I have really researched various schools in Fremont as I have recently moved here from out of state and looking to start my career in the medical field. MCC has by far exceeded all my expectations! Yes I will agree with you that the staff is friendly and considerate. I will however disagree with you that the school only speaks Tagalog. I am a non-Tagalog speaker and actually, I'm White! I don't know if you did any of your research of the medical field itself but if you did, you would find that the majority of people from the Philippine decent are practicing in this field. So regardless if the owners and staff and students are filipino, tagalog will be spoken. They cater to us non-speaking people. If they didn't I wouldn't be able to understand anything that was being taught let alone discussed in class. I'm proud to go to a bilingual speaking school! And since I'm entering into a career and field with many filipino-americans, I'm even considering learning how to speak Tagalog! I would suggest you do the same!!! It's reality. But there was no sense in you saying negative statements about the school. You are entitled to your opinion but please don't try to pass it off as facts.

by the way, what is NPC? Never heard of this school..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Annette in Baltimore, Maryland

76 months ago

meghakaur in Fremont, California said: Hi all,

Recently I have taken my theory and clinical class for CNA. Now I have to take CA state test for CNA, but I don't how to apply for this, whom do I call to, where do I go to take this test? I did a lot of searching online, but couldn't find anything. I have heard there is two test one for clinical skills and other is theory. I live in Fremont CA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Megha

Try and call The Califonia Board of Nursing they can tell you were to go to take the test.Perhaps in some state you may go to the Board of Nursing and that it there with an appointment.

Jessica in Palo Alto, California

76 months ago

I think it's rude and inconsiderate to speak in a foreign language in the work place or educational setting when not everybody can understand you. If I were you, I'd file a complaint. That sounds totally unacceptable to me to have to pay good money to take a class and then get stuck not being able to understand what is being taught because people REFUSE to speak English. That's a waste of time and money. I'd be pissed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Jessica in Palo Alto, California said: I think it's rude and inconsiderate to speak in a foreign language in the work place or educational setting when not everybody can understand you. If I were you, I'd file a complaint. That sounds totally unacceptable to me to have to pay good money to take a class and then get stuck not being able to understand what is being taught because people REFUSE to speak English. That's a waste of time and money. I'd be pissed.

Thank you very much Jessica to feel my pain. Really I was too upset all the time. Not only me but other students were upset too. We complained about this to DSD of MEDICAL CAREER COLLEGE in FREMONT CA, but nothing good happened. After finding out that we had complained about them (for speaking Tagalog) since then they began to bother us, and some things too that I don't want to write here. We thanked the God when we passed, and decided not to go back there for any course. I don't have any problem with any foreign language if these are being spoken outside of the class. But this Amazing school have no policies and regulation about anything, and too lenient toward same language speaking students. I will suggest everybody who wants to register in this school Please do ask this question (Is English being spoken inside the class or some foreign language) before registering in this school.

Jennifer in Fremont, California

76 months ago

In response to Meghakaur's response about MEDICAL CAREER COLLEGE. I'm a student here and I can vouch for all English speaking students in the class that "other" foreign languages are NOT taught at the school. Yes there are students speaking in their native dialecs at school but not during class. I'll have to be the one to break the news to you that this is America and we are a mixed pot of different races, cultures and nationalities, so yes, wherever you go, you will hear a different language spoken, not only in school, but at the library, at work, at the supermarket, gas station, bank, blah blah blah.... catch my drift? Let's not be ignorant to the fact that English is NOT the only language spoken at school. However, it is ignorant of you to say that English was not spoken in the classroom and even so while being taught by the teacher. I truly don't believe that you spoke or made any complaint to anyone at the school regarding your "pain and frustrations" due to the fact that the school is not being run by a DSD. If in case you didn't know, a DSD is a Director of Staff Development and can be found at skilled nursing facilities, not schools. Which leads me to believe that you were preaching to the wrong choir like you are now. Furthermore, you cannot control other people and the way they talk or understand eachother. With that said, students, well, people in general have a freedom of speech in this country and have the absolute right to exercise that amendment. Like I said before, I am a student that recently completed my C.N.A. and I don't speak a lick of any other language other than English. I did just fine! And I'm currently enrolled in the L.V.N. program with this school. I'm doing just fine! The bottom line is, your education is your own responsibility. It isn't spoon fed to you. If you don't understand what's going on, put forth an effort to understand. Ask questions and quit complaining. Life is hard, you must work and learn and try! I got my money's worth!

75 months ago

In response to jennifer's response about MEDICAL CAREER COLLEGE.

And Jennifer( or whatever you are) I can vouch on that foreign language was taught all the time(90% time)in the class. Students asked question all the time in foreign language, and even teacher answered the questions in the foreign language all the time. And Clinical were even worse. Go ask the director and tell her to be honest, we (not foreign language speaking students) complaint or not about this. Because many times she asked student(foreign language speaking students) to speak English in the class, but those students never listened her. And this line is for you not for me "Really Life is hard for you, not for me. You must work and learn and try! I am working in SFO and taking lvn class too. Don't deny the facts. You know that. Right!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

liza in Modesto, California

74 months ago

Thank you very much
Megha

I taken my cna recently the las friday 16 , the state board you need to go the red cross, the red cross apply the exam. but where studied? , you school have the doing the exam ,

Janice in Oakland, California

74 months ago

I just want to say that it's my first day at class at Medical career today and there ar only 3/4 filipinos in my class and the professor was speaking to us in English the whole time. Everyone on this school is very nice and helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

megha in Fremont, California

74 months ago

liza in Modesto, California said: I taken my cna recently the las friday 16 , the state board you need to go the red cross, the red cross apply the exam. but where studied? , you school have the doing the exam ,

what in the hell did you just say? that made no sense at all!

Ellie Fox in San Francisco, California

72 months ago

If you live in San Jose you may try The Institute of Medical Education. It has good location and the class is pretty cheap. There are know problems with language that I have knowledge of.

lillucy in Ontario, California

72 months ago

Thank you very much
Megha

Hi, I just took my state test on 8/02/08 and praise God passed both of them. We took our's at the American Red Cross. You may want to contact them and your school.God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Regi in Portland, Oregon

71 months ago

Hi, I am taking CNA clinical class and I am getting discriminated by my teacher because I took the practical class online and I don't think she likes the notion of it. So to prove the class is not eligible she is putting me in hot spot and discouraging me to drop out of the class by making things up and I don’t think I can ever stand long to dominate her since her word is against my word . The worst thing is, I have no idea to whom I can talk to so if there is anyone out there to help me save the time and the energy I spent on taking the class, by giving me advice, I would really appreciate it.

LIZA in Modesto, California

68 months ago

Meghakaur said: Hi,

I STUDIED CNA IN MCC, IS TRU, EVERYBODY SPEAK TAGALO, BUT THE CLASS IS EN ENGLISH, I AM A MEXICAN I DONT SPEAK EGLISH GOOD, I STUDIED VERY HARD , BUT I PASED MY EXAM IN THE STATE BOARD, THEY HAVE PREFERENCE POR YOUR PEOPLE, BUT WHEN YOU MAKE YOR EXAM THE STATE DONT HAVE PREFERENCE. I WANT TO STUDY HHA, MAYBY THIS MONTH. I RECOMENDED THIS SCHOLL, ONLY IF YOU PAY FOR YOU COURSE YO HAVE TO STUDY VERY HARD. I STUDY ENGLISH AT HOME
LIZA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mylin in San Jose, California

63 months ago

Grace C. in Oakland, California said: Mary C.
Thank You! I already signed up for their CNA program next month. Looking forward to it. I will let you know right away, GOOD LUCK to u too! take care....

Grace C.

hi grace i wanna ask u sumthin about MCC...im planning to take a cna class but do i need a HS diploma for that?? coz i was planning to take cna first then later on lvn class...& about the diploma i'll get it once i finish the cna class...so do i need a HS diploma for that class (CNA)

thank you so much!!!!

Glenn in Palo Alto, California

46 months ago

OK guys I have a question and Im getting the run around

My Wife graduated BS marketing in 2003. She then attended Nursing in the Philippines IN 2004. She finished all her academics and clinical. But she didnt turn in her clinical because she wasnt going to take the board. Now that she wants to take the Board here in the US, she is trying to get her transcript and the school said she is incomplete because she didnt turn in her clinical. The school suggested to either find the Nurses and Clinical instructors and have them resign the form or retake the clinical portion.

So now a friend told me have my wife take CNA class and challenge the NCLEX. Is this possible? remember she didnt graduate in the philippines since she didnt turn in her clinical. So take CNA class and challenge NCLEX? is that easy?

DC in Reseda, California

24 months ago

Meghakaur said: Hi,

All students who are going to take CNA and LVN course in Medical career college (MCC)in Fremont Ca. I Just wanted to let you know guys, If you don't speak Tagalog(Philippines), then it is going to real hard for you. There is 90-95% students from Philippines. Teachers, Director , and whole staff is from Philippines. All the student talk in Tagalog in the class and the teachers also answer them in Tagalog. If you don't understand Tagalog your mouth would be wide opened what is going on. I was attending CNA course and there were 12 student form Philippines and 3 were, who did know how to speak Tagalog. The all 13 students gave us very hard time. We requested them can you guys talk in English in the class and ask your questions in English, but they never listed us. Same thing they all did in clinicals. We complained about this to director, she assured us she will take care of this. But it never happened. All the Tagalog student treat the management like they are they are their buddy. Nobody respects nobody. And you do not learned anything about clinicals in the school, you directly go the Nursing home and learn there. By the way I passed my State Test. I wanted to register in LVN program, but when I asked to some student who don't speak Tagalog. They also said the main problem is Tagalog. 95% student don't speak English. They know how to speak English, but they don't prefer to. So I dropped my idea to register in this class . Now I am thinking about NPC Hayward Ca. One more thing I took CPR here, and in the test we didn't even finish the all questions, and the teacher said it is ok and told us all the correct answers. Actually there is no quality education . You just take your certificate or license. And Place is small is that you can hear the other class what are they teaching. But staff is nice. But it doesn't matter when there is no quality education. I just wanted to let you know guys because it is my duty to let you know what the truth

Technician in Vallejo, California

24 months ago

Interesting how a simple topic can bring up so many sensitive feelings, I tend to believe what was said about students speaking in their native tongue inside the classrooms unless you have been under a rock many places that are privately owned and run do this even those that are not.

As a person that has worked within City, State and Federal Government Offices I can truthfully say that many same lnguage speakers do tend to prefer to communicate with people of their own culture with their own language and do so on many occassions.

The thing that is not being addressed properly is how this intentional seperation of language creates distrust and undermines what could be a robust working environment for all. One person posted how she would like to learn a different language, that is very nice but my question to that individual is, "are you doing it because you have a true desire to learn about other cultures or is it that you feel the pressure to conform to this status quo?"

All that said speaking as one that has worked directly in ICU and ER if you truly are one that can be fufilled by helping those that cannot help themselves hats off to you because your career path is a noble one and may your hard work pay off and will drive you into even more enriching career opportunities.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.