CNC Machinist; H1B Visa-USA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Mike in Cocoa Beach, Florida

93 months ago

nobody gives a sheet what you have done.. there are no jobs in the US. and also for H1b you need minimum bachelors degree and i dont see any of guys having that.

So work where you are and dont come to US..

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mike in Kitchener, Ontario

87 months ago

Mike in Cocoa Beach, Florida said: nobody gives a sheet what you have done.. there are no jobs in the US. and also for H1b you need minimum bachelors degree and i dont see any of guys having that.

So work where you are and dont come to US..

Seems like Mike is a dick and he should proof read what he posts before he posts it. What an idiot!

Reply - Report abuse

Airpro in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

Mike please provide more details on your skills.

Reply - Report abuse

naveenkumar in Singapore, Singapore

81 months ago

hello how are u
i am cnc machinist mazak 4axis and 5axis

Reply - Report abuse

Aj Haslam in Avondale, Arizona

11 months ago

I agree that Mike in Cocoa Beach could approach this subject in a more educated fashion. With that said, he is right about the part of needing a bachelors degree.

The US H1-B visa is designed to be used for staff in specialty occupations. The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:

Have a minimum entry requirement of a Bachelor's or higher degree or its equivalent.

The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.

The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.

The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree.

www.workpermit.com/us/us_h1b.htm

So Machinist's are out of the question for the most part. (Their are a few ways to work around it but I wouldn't encourage it)

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.