Got the experience, but can't land the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Pearl

71 months ago

Trying to get back in Machining
I've been in the field of Machining for 15 years, I've operated CNC mills, Lathes, Grinders and ect. I've worked with tolerances as close as 0002. I was laid off in 2004. I'm a female, and have been looking to get back into this field of work again, but no one will give me another shot. If there's anyone out their in the Nashville TN. and surrounding areas willing to give me another shot please email me at ekempojewel@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DMBOWHUNTER2@GMAIL.COM in Kenosha, Wisconsin

69 months ago

pearl in Clarksville, Tennessee said: I've been in the field of Machining for 15 years, I've operated CNC mills, Lathes, Grinders and ect. I've worked with tolerances as close as 0002. I was laid off in 2004. I'm a female, and have been looking to get back into this field of work again, but no one will give me another short why?

your comment about your tolerances I believe is mistaken. 0002. = 2 INCHES. YOU MIGHT WANT TO FIX THAT GIRL. I BELIEVE YOU MEANT TO PUT .0002 WHICH IS 2/10000 OF AN INCH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jason A

56 months ago

Pearl,

A lot of folks who been laid off are having a hard time getting a machinist job back, it has nothing to do with with work skills you have, it the economy is down in the dirt! a lot machine shops went out of business around here in pittsburgh pennsylvania area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

infowars.com in Arlington, Texas

56 months ago

I've been laid off for 10 months I probably could have been working by now but I've avoided going to work for a couple of places in my area because I didn't want to do the work, mainly big heavy steel oil field parts running production. I know because I worked at one of the places in the 90's and the other shop sub-contracts from them. I've sent out a lot of resumes but haven't gotten many bites except with staffing agencies... which means no insurance or benefits. I'm considering maybe hitting the road and travel while looking for a job, being a gypsy for a few weeks maybe. I'm renting so I can move anytime I find a job. Resumes suck.

ShermcoCareers in Irving, Texas

22 months ago

Shermco is seeking Manual Machinists who can hold tolerances to .0002". NO CNC WORK - must be able to do it all manually, working on large motors, generators & pumps. Job is in Irving, Texas.

Check out the job at www.shermco.com

softall1 in Elkridge, Maryland

12 months ago

No one should make fun of anybody for a typing error as 0002". please don't throw salt on an open wound. Wish him good luck instead. Thank you all.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.