Suggestions on finding "Conventional Machinists" in the San Diego, CA area available for work?

Comments (3)

Korey Viater in Escondido, California

86 months ago

I would very much appreciate any feedback on where to find available Machinists with experience in "manual set-up's" and experience with EZ/Proto Lathes/mill machines.

BigWill in Akron, Ohio

83 months ago

BigWill in Akron, Ohio

AMI[AKron Machine Institute] closed right b4 I was to get my Journeyman's Card. I got laid off right b4 that. Now, I can't seem to find a job cause all want more exp [I have 3+ yrs], and most in my area are using outsource companies that can't seem to get beyond a felony[stupid] I had in my younger days. Anyway, my parents helped me out to get on the right path [school, housing, etc] I'm feeling like I've failed them and myself even more because I can't get a job. I'm willing to relocate, but the internet is so full of promising type jobs, I just need a break. I want to be responsible for my son,etc and stay positive[mom talk]. if you know where i can get work - I got really good grades, and was on the cover of the school's brochure

starbarr2 in Covina, California

77 months ago

Korey Viater in Escondido, California said: I would very much appreciate any feedback on where to find available Machinists with experience in "manual set-up's" and experience with EZ/Proto Lathes/mill machines.

I wish you were located in LA/Orange/San Bernadino county...I'm a highly skilled conventional machinist with my own tools in need of work. I've been looking for work since November. Nearly all the job postings seem to be looking for a CNC machinist. Its very discouraging....

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.