Working for General Dynamics/Electric Boat in Quonset, RI

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

dan88 in Warwick, Rhode Island

48 months ago

Electric Boat is currently hiring CNC MACHINISTS. As a former employee, I can tell you that it is not a good place to work. First of all, it is the only shipyard in the United States that is not unionized. Which means they can do whatever they want to you. Management operates using the fear factor. You must be totally docile to work there. You can't dissagree, argue with anyone, voice your opinion or get yourself in the spot light or else they write you up and/or suspend you without pay. They love the three strikes your out policy. For example if you make three mistakes within one year they will throw you under the bus and then fire you. You have no recourse to fall back on. The beauty about Electric Boat is they don't tell the Department of Labor and Training what they do to their employess which makes it easy to collect unemployment insurance. I would think twice about working for a company that doesn't give a dam for their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

rowjhencez@yahoo.com in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

47 months ago

Good Day,

I am Roderick Del Carmen, and I read your post that you are in need of CNC Machinist
I am a CNC Machinist Sir, but right now i am here in U.A.E Abu Dhabi working as
Machinist in Oil Company here, and also i have a tourist Visa for USA and i am planning
to visit there in California this coming March 18 this year, Sir if you can help to me change
my tourist visa into working visa ,,,i am willing to work in your company as CNC Machinist

Thanks and God Bless Your Company,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.