Top compliance analyst skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every compliance analyst must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your compliance analyst expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

G in Cleveland, Ohio

94 months ago

You must have the drive to investigate and dissect information. If you do not care for a hard day's work, this job is not for you. You must not be timid to critique company associate's work performance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

MZ in Billings, Montana

69 months ago

Can anyone help with what possible questions I could expect in a compliance analyst position interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

niki mills in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

62 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every compliance analyst must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your compliance analyst expertise?

Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
1. Analytical skills
2. Research Skills
3. Data Base skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

niki mills in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

62 months ago

A Compliance Analyst does just what the title says: He/her she makes shore that the information being analysied is accurate. Or makes shore the information being viewed complies with state regulation or health care standards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

theloanqueen in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

I am an mortgage underwriter that is now trying to get into insurance underwriting which I know is very different and with the mortgage meltdown in the pass few years I need a change are there any entry level programs that I can get into to get into this field, any help would do, thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Will in Raleigh, North Carolina

59 months ago

It really depends on the field, but the main premise of the job (no matter the field) is researching all state, local, and federal laws and regulations for possible new changes; updating all new policies and procedures; and making sure the entire business structure are being followed accordingly by your company and anyone you represent and or due business with. There is major database work and document storage - archiving all work to be easily accessible to compile packages for each reporting authority. Being able to interrupt the law and keep fines and audits to a minimum. Also input on possible risk exposure for growth ventures is requested frequently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

PCW in Phoenix, Arizona

49 months ago

G in Cleveland, Ohio said: You must have the drive to investigate and dissect information. If you do not care for a hard day's work, this job is not for you. You must not be timid to critique company associate's work performance.

I agree this is not the job for the faint of heart, with the changes that are occurring you cannot have a monocular approach to this work. After all, it isn't just going to be viewed or affect one person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.