Tips for computer programmer interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming computer programmer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

jojo353 in Richardson, Texas

40 months ago

Ten year ago, one-on-one interviews were done to see if they liked you and if they felt you "fit-in" well with the company personality. According to my husband's latest interviews, they are more like passing the SAT test. You never know what they will pull out of their bag of magic tricks. AND sometimes the guy asking the question has the WRONG answer and the guy interviewing knows the RIGHT answer. What can you do? Tell the jerk, who you want to hire you, that he is stupid and an ass? One thing you can do is go to the company website and read everything you can about the company, plus request/read their yearly financial report. You can get some insider info there. Until programmers are scarce and we have the upper hand, you are at their mercy. A smart manager once hired me because I knew some difficult archaic package that was impossible to use and no one used anymore. He said if I could do that XYZ package, I could handle anything he wanted me to do. Unfortunately, few managers have his intelligence today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.