Are computer technician job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most computer technician opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

mikey.patterson in Muskegon, Michigan

58 months ago

What would be a good place to look for jobs in the IT field? I am 1 class away from graduating with my computer engineering degree with classes in Cisco (CCNA), Security+, Linux+, LAN intro and ADVANCED, Novell Intro / Advanced, I am already a+ certified through CompTIA, and I am CNA (certified network admin) through Novell. I haven't taken my CCNA, Linux+, or Security+ yet. I live in michigan, and I have interviewed for numerous tech jobs, but to no avail. Always endup "runner up" after CEO interviews and what not. I am unsure where I am going wrong, if im underqualified/overqualified (last job was a simple LAN admin with a data entry on th side) and I didn't get it. I just dont get it I am smart as heck willing to learn, willing to help others learn, but yet unable to get a job. Michigan is bad enough, but if I lose my house to this econ. collapse then what am I supposed to do? Working at a restaurant isn't helping me any either, just to get by. Makes me wonder why I even have to take a stupid cook job as I am experienced but no one will give me a chance, and after so many years of trying im to the point of giving up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Toddd in Madison Heights, Michigan

39 months ago

I'm in Detroit and the job market is horrible. I have a masters in Computer Engineering and I can't get call backs.

Consider yourself lucky that you have a cook's job, even those are hard to get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.