Residential Construction Manager

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Tom Seck in Charlotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

I am interested in hiring a residential construction manager for the building of my home of approximately 6000 ft. Any thoughts on how I should go about finding the right person. I have some limited experience and will be getting a residential contractor license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Terry L Allen in Fort Myers, Florida

86 months ago

I am presently seeking an opportunity where I can use my construction and technology experience with a national company. My goal is to leverage 25 years of electronic and construction in the South Florida. I have held management positions with International College, Computer Discounters Incorporate. Additionally, I owned my own construction company installing, windows, doors, and low voltage networking systems.

Responsibilities included solving software and hardware problems, additionally I managed junior computer technicians, and I am Microsoft Certified.
Based on my experience I know I can be of benefit to your company and I would appreciate an opportunity to interview for any position you have available at your earliest opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PMA in Navarre, Florida

82 months ago

Tom Seck in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am interested in hiring a residential construction manager for the building of my home of approximately 6000 ft. Any thoughts on how I should go about finding the right person. I have some limited experience and will be getting a residential contractor license.

If you have some experience and can devote your time to the project, then a Consultant can help you. All you need is the knowledge and how to manage the process.

Dennis Pless in Charlotte, North Carolina

82 months ago

I live in Concord, NC and have 20+ years of experience in Management and I can help you find someone.

Jeff Meineke in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Where are you building house? I have been a homebuilder for the last ten years. I live in Spring Texas.

Joel in Sacramento, California

78 months ago

Did you build?

Charlie Rendon

78 months ago

Tom Seck in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am interested in hiring a residential construction manager for the building of my home of approximately 6000 ft. Any thoughts on how I should go about finding the right person. I have some limited experience and will be getting a residential contractor license.

Please see my attached resume. Call me for any further questions 520-248-2796.
Let me help you build your home with 30 years experience. Thanks, Charlie Rendon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Walt in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

78 months ago

I am licensed Civil Engineer in Philippines, looking for a job in USA in a construction and engineering firm. Presently working here in UAE as Quality Civil Engineer. Experience in site and project inspection, making and developing inspection & quality plan,familiar in AUTOCAD and other engineering software, Rebar Detailing, Materials inspection and submittal, estimating,checking and developing structural & civil shop drawing , etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ruckerta in Martinsburg, West Virginia

56 months ago

Are you still looking for the right person to build your home? If yes, you've been looking for me! Looking forward to hearing from you.

ash in Princeton, New Jersey

54 months ago

I will be looking for someone to help me build a home in NJ area. Anyone interested? I will go modular, what do you think are the pros and cons of this process?

Patrick Anderson in Claremore, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Look at my website- www.toltecllc.com Then contact me to discuss your project and options/opportunities.

Regards,

Patrick Anderson

Patrick Anderson in Claremore, Oklahoma

54 months ago

ash in Princeton, New Jersey said: I will be looking for someone to help me build a home in NJ area. Anyone interested? I will go modular, what do you think are the pros and cons of this process?

Look up my website- www.toltecllc.com and contact me to discuss your project.

Modulars are a great building if certain aspects are done properly. I run a Modular Home plant for 5 years. We were the only plant that got a "Hurricane Proof Certificate" at that time. I would be happy to discuss/email information.

Thanks,

Patrick Anderson
pma@toltecllc.com

Roy Myers in Boston, Massachusetts

45 months ago

I would be interested in managing this process for you. I can be reached at roymyers@comcast.net. I have been a cost-containment expert and construction project/purchasing leader for over a decade and have delivered massive improvements to the bottom-line for my last three employers, all prominent leaders in residential and commercial development.

My career history demonstrates a consistent ability to manage complex projects while simultaneously architecting business continuity and business process enhancements. I would eagerly welcome a challenging mandate and hope I have stimulated your interest.

I hope you deem this application worthy of further exploration and look forward to your feedback. Please review my profile on Linked in.

Ash in Avenel, New Jersey

45 months ago

Sorry Roy, we decided to just buy as we could not find land. Just small projects now.

ashprinceton@gmail.com

RCartright in Austin, Texas

38 months ago

Sounds like you’re a person who had probably decided to save the money on hiring a General Contractor. I understand if you were interested in building your dream home but decided to buy instead. Still, hiring the right project manager can be tricky, and there is a reason why in large projects people often hire the construction manager (cm) "at risk". It essentially means that the cm has skin in the game, which contractually is the same as hiring a general contractor. Making sure they have skin in the game, (hopefully) ensures that they are going to be paying better attention. Hiring a cm to work on site for you full time or even part time is going to be a costly endeavor. At 3% to 10%, depending on how much “attention” your project will need, it starts being a real percentage of your budget. The amount of attention your project needs during construction relies entirely on how well and completely the construction documents define and detail the project. If you asked your architect about something systems related and they told you, “don’t worry that is a coordination issue and the contractors responsibility”; you should worry. If you had no Architect you cannot proceed witout this system. In the future, I suggest that you get in touch with the people at www.ConstructionConductor.com they have a proprietary system, complete with tools and support to help you be your own construction manager or effectively manage a general. It’s like hiring a construction manager with exactly what you need to make the project run smoothly, without the added expense of actually hiring a professional construction manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.