construction managers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Gary stiers in Cabot, Arkansas

75 months ago

the average pay for constuction managers in Arkansas is around 18.00 dollars an hour to 21 dollars an hour most companies have no benifits and only pay regular pay for over time even if you are and hourly employee. i have been a construction manager for over ten years now and many of the jobs i have been a consturction manager at required me to do everything from metal stud framing to pushing wheel barrels full of concrete in 100+ weather. the majority of small commerical contractors expect their employees not only to run job but do much of the work to. the only good thing about constuction managers is they make more then the lower paid workers but less then the skilled workers on the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn in Little Rock, Arkansas

75 months ago

If you are pushing a wheel barrel and you have been running jobs for ten years then your either dumb or full of #$#$.... I've been at this for only four years. I have a company truck, cell phone, full benefits, and a $49,782 salary ( not to mention bonus). I usualy work 45- 50hrs a week. I speak with several of the people I graduated with and there are a few who are doing much better then I.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Flint, Michigan

54 months ago

Gary stiers in Cabot, Arkansas said: the average pay for constuction managers in Arkansas is around 18.00 dollars an hour to 21 dollars an hour most companies have no benifits and only pay regular pay for over time even if you are and hourly employee. i have been a construction manager for over ten years now and many of the jobs i have been a consturction manager at required me to do everything from metal stud framing to pushing wheel barrels full of concrete in 100+ weather. the majority of small commerical contractors expect their employees not only to run job but do much of the work to. the only good thing about constuction managers is they make more then the lower paid workers but less then the skilled workers on the job.

Let me tell you right now. You are not a construction manager doing those kind of jobs.its called being a laborer. I make$95,000 a year in construction management. If you have time for that then you aren't doing your job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

Hey Jay, I am interested in becoming a construction manager, and I am wondering if I should major in college in it. Did you get a 4 year degree in it or work your way in to it? Do you enjoy being a construction manager? Any info about the job would be awesome, thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.