Construction Superintendents

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

constructionsuper222@yahoo.com in Shelton, Connecticut

41 months ago

Who would support a Construction Superintendent Alliance providing and protecting the "few" rights of Superintendents?
- Definition of Job Scope/Responsibilities
- Fair employment packages
- Improvement of work conditions
- Controlling the abusive work hours
- Does a 25m dollar project, scheduled and completed in 12 months, justify a 0.3% "fee" to field manage?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RobInStLouis in Waterloo, Illinois

41 months ago

Sounds like a Superintendant's union.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

constructionsuper222@yahoo.com in Shelton, Connecticut

41 months ago

Frustration driven, are the masses feeling the same way, I would like to hear feedback on the subject, I will offer this topic up in various "group" postings.

robert gonzalez in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

constructionsuper222@yahoo.com in Shelton, Connecticut said: Frustration driven, are the masses feeling the same way, I would like to hear feedback on the subject, I will offer this topic up in various "group" postings.

Hey,dont let get to you. I am in the same pridcatment which almost cause me to be put out of my home. Take one day at a time.Thats what I doing now.I realized it was not me it was the system.Good Luck!

jmichaelkel in Windsor, California

38 months ago

Does anyone have feedback for working LOGCAP positions in Afghanistan? Journeyman carpenter base pay is low - around $33,000 but overtime and hazard pay boosts that to $106,000 plus signing and completion bonus. The grind is 7/12's for 90 days, then two weeks off. One year committment. I am 57 years old, with a carpentry background, BS degree in Construction Management, and a CA state contractors license. I have over 25 years experinece running commercial work, but I been out of work for 24 months and have applied for literally hundreds of jobs which netted four interviews and three job positions, all of which fell through. This seems the only opportunity out there. Once in country, can you move up the ranks to do what your do best?

Jim in Boca Raton, Florida

38 months ago

jmichaelkel in Windsor, California said: Does anyone have feedback for working LOGCAP positions in Afghanistan? Journeyman carpenter base pay is low - around $33,000 but overtime and hazard pay boosts that to $106,000 plus signing and completion bonus. The grind is 7/12's for 90 days, then two weeks off. One year committment. I am 57 years old, with a carpentry background, BS degree in Construction Management, and a CA state contractors license. I have over 25 years experinece running commercial work, but I been out of work for 24 months and have applied for literally hundreds of jobs which netted four interviews and three job positions, all of which fell through. This seems the only opportunity out there. Once in country, can you move up the ranks to do what your do best?

I still can't believe I'm out of work 14 months , I have applied / sent out resumes to HUNDREDS of potential employers, netted ONE interview.
I have been in construction management all my life, what can i do ?

groucho in Pomona, Kansas

37 months ago

Many of us are experiencing the same dilemma. Fiftyish, years of experience, hundreds of resumes' sent, few if any interviews. Finding whatever work locally is about as good as it gets here in the lower midwest. Overseas jobs look like the only option for long term. But even with two recent mid-east deployments under my belt,military, interviews are still difficult to inpossible.
Never, did any of us envision such a bleak employment future at this point of our lives. Overseas seems the only opportunity but it ain't easy. Been there, dun dat. But if compensation is reasonable, 150+K, why not.

para grande in La Plata, Maryland

20 months ago

Hello,To all you professional result oriented supers. I Have been building trades since 1979. took a position in 1985 as asst super with new homes builder,promoted to a full-charge super in 1986. Learned front and finish end.customer service,land development,purchasing and sales. 18 years building PG County.and several other countys in and around the beltway.Spent many a holidays on site to get those last 8-12 homes settled by the end of the year !year after year. from 22 years old to 49 ,i gave and gave to the builders coffers. Now they want to drop the whole system in pay,hire 1st year college-boys,computer builds the the home,and you must have a degtee of some-sort = ? scary-future ahead

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.