Experience is not the only key. And with the industry flooded with Superinedents and Project Managers that have 15+ years exper

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Jonathan in Houston, Texas

56 months ago

Experience is not the only key. And with the industry flooded with Superinedents and that have 15+ years experience, it makes finding a job for a younger candidate with 5+ years experience virtually impossible. With 3 years experience as an Assitant Superintendent and 4 years experience as an Area Superintendent, my experience managing jobs up from $2M to $320M for reputable companies seems to not be enough. Laid off since September 15, 2009, I have applied to hundreds of jobs on several priemer websites and even visited 50+ job sites with resume in hand and have only interviewed 3 times. Although I still applied to job ads for Superintendent positions, i have decided to expand my hobby of building custom furniture into a small business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

m.d.hay@hotmail.com in Sarasota, Florida

55 months ago

Jonathan,
I am a Project Superintendent with 18 yrs as a superintendent and 30 yrs total in construction, and I'm being pushed out due to these companies are looking for young men like yourself. I have trained many young men to become Superintendent and many of them are still working today, so keep pushing forward in your seach for your dream.

M.Hay

usa.electrician in Kabul, Afghanistan

55 months ago

Jonathan in Houston, Texas said: Experience is not the only key. And with the industry flooded with Superinedents and that have 15+ years experience, it makes finding a job for a younger candidate with 5+ years experience virtually impossible. With 3 years experience as an Assitant Superintendent and 4 years experience as an Area Superintendent, my experience managing jobs up from $2M to $320M for reputable companies seems to not be enough. Laid off since September 15, 2009, I have applied to hundreds of jobs on several priemer websites and even visited 50+ job sites with resume in hand and have only interviewed 3 times. Although I still applied to job ads for Superintendent positions, i have decided to expand my hobby of building custom furniture into a small business.

you may be the man i am looking for. please email; hadeats_blcc@hotmail.com

andrew1803@gmail.com in Dallas, Texas

55 months ago

Same hear, I am in industries over ten years, and college degree. Pass 13 months and applied many time. I really don’t get what they are looking for. Most I heard you need have military back ground to get job in Middle East or afghan.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.