Houston GC's, residential home builders, and home sales store. Why do these employers call for 1 time interviews ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

youngpup29 in Houston, Texas

43 months ago

Given from what I have been reading in the discussions of this group, I am probably one of the youngest ones here running into the problem with this economy. The past 4 years ( untill Jan 2011) I was employed with a niche nation wide gc company building student housing. After my lay off I have had more than 20 interviews with General Contractors, Residential Builders, Home Imporvement stores, and many sales positions from various employers. Now given I have grown a bit over weight since my days with bags on, climbing rafters, and decking roofs but I am fed up with 3 to for interviews every other week with little to no replys afterwards. I have gotten the " we're just testing the waters right now " turn down to the "would you mind if I passed your into along to some people I know". Being 29 years old with 12 years worth of verifiable construction experince is hard enough to sell much less deal with these employers helping to to lighten my already depleted savings by having me drive all over the town to meet with them. Can anyone make any suggestions on how to sale myself better ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.