Overseas Work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jmichaelkel in Santa Rosa, California

57 months ago

Anyone have any idea what average salaries are typically for experienced construction superintendents (+20 years) with a company doing work overseas and what a typical benefit package might look like - relocation, housing alllowance,...? This would be a non LOGCAP position and not in an area like Iraq or Afghanistan. It would be for private sector companies doing primarily work for US government agencies in international locations. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ray Maese in Richardson, Texas

57 months ago

Has anyone replied to your comment jmichaelkel, regarding a typical salary for a 20+ year superintendent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jmichaelkel in Santa Rosa, California

57 months ago

No, I have not heard any comment about typical wages and compensation would be for a seasoned super working overseas. I would also be interested in finding contractors who are doing the government funded projects overseas for such agencies as the US Army Corps of Engineers, USAID, and the State Department. I am aware of contractors like KBR, Fluor, IAP, URS, and others who have websites with job postings, mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I was told by a Fluor recruiter that of the thousands of applicants they get daily for their postings, Fluor ends up hiring about 2%. I was also told that you need to jump on any new postings as soon as you see them as they are filled first come, first serve. Any ideas as to how to better those odds and get oneself noticed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.