Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

What are typical construction superintendent salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

rick rustad in San Diego, California

95 months ago

alot of companies in today's market don't want so much for the superintendent to prescribe to the traditional "super" roles but want someone to run the entire company. This creates a wide variance in what a superintndent can mean to a specific company based on the inequality in the "president" to the "super". In my experience (public works), I can demand over 125K because I have shown the president or men who want thier interests to go a certain way and build a team that will follow the company direction, then actually create a sucessor and move on leaving me and the client happy in just a few years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

David in Senoia, Georgia

84 months ago

williamwheeler in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I think that most superintendents are there for the paycheck rather than the job. I have been over looked too many times due to someone else being A Kiss ass.I bust my ass for my paycheck but I consider myselfe to be the best of the best.I always end up answering every one elses problems for them

Hey William R U still a super ? what is your annual salary ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

williamwheeler in Fayetteville, North Carolina

84 months ago

currently I am unemployed and looking for a new begining, salary as A traveling super at 52,000 a year,plus perdiem and mileage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rick Rustad in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

From my personal perspective, I can say money is not the reason I have been a super for public works and heavy hiway(civil) for over 24 years.
I come from a old scholl work ethics, where I enjoy starting, creating a plan and seeing that plan come through sucessfully, walking a way knowing you have "help" the team accomplish the project, all along the way mentoring the "right" people, like a "coach" into the best they can be, showing a path(lke it was to me) how to be that "SUPERintendent".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

I've been a finish end Super for a while now. From California to New York. In California I was pulling in about 48K, virginia 58k now that I'm in New York I'm worth about 90-100k. It depends alot on your location and the type of work your doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Krall 724-620-0887 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

I have 12 years exp. as a traveling retail construction superintendent.
Please contact me with company(s) looking for same. Will FAX my resume.
Thank You,
Mark J. Krall
724-620-0997

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nicolas stauffer in Casper, Wyoming

68 months ago

Make 75k last year stand to make a 100k this year. 10 years with same general. Started as a labor and work the ladder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jayman in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

67 months ago

Depends where you are. low end 40k High 125k
Also what you can do. If all you did was build houses [ model a model b model c ...etc.]
You won't get as much as a guy who does commercial/industrial/civil.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jayman in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

67 months ago

I should add if you build high end residential [1 mil + up you'll get more $

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

nicolas stauffer in Casper, Wyoming said: Make 75k last year stand to make a 100k this year. 10 years with same general. Started as a labor and work the ladder.

In Chicago I made 150,000 anually, now in New York and making 185,000 plus bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pasaprieta in Fort Myers, Florida

66 months ago

need any help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pasaprieta in Fort Myers, Florida

66 months ago

Mark in Atlanta, Georgia said: In Chicago I made 150,000 anually, now in New York and making 185,000 plus bonuses.

need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gonzo Zaldumbide in Plantation, Florida

66 months ago

Host said: What are typical construction superintendent salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

You must have all of your OSHA trainings, like 10 hr card, 30 hr card, CPR/FIRST aid, and other certifications like trenching and excavation, scaffolding, rigging. These certifications will give you more room to negociate your salary, and you will be a better assest to the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AlbertF in Milton, Florida

66 months ago

Host said: What are typical construction superintendent salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I recently got my TWIC certificate (Homeland Security is requesting this now)
Also ther are some inexpensive online courses you can take for (Construction managment) Turner Construction University. I have a degree in Construction Managment that I got online form ITT but alot of places do not recognize it as a 4 year degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AlbertF in Milton, Florida

66 months ago

I was making 85,000 plus per diem/truck allowance/bonuses as a travelling Super out of Kentucky when that job ran out, the I moved to Alabama where I was making 95,000 and the company went belly up.

david d

66 months ago

Albert, what was your salary before and after you recieved your cert. Thanks David

Gonzo Zaldumbide in Plantation, Florida

66 months ago

WHAT IS A TWIC CERTIFICATE? WHY DO YOU NEED ONE? HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

Jackie Willis in Jonesboro, Arkansas

61 months ago

Looking for a crane operator's job .. Are I am also OSHA CERT. Safety Manager ..

David Van

35 months ago

Hey AlbertF! What is a TWIC certificate? By the way I had to leave the panhandle about 4 years ago and go on the road to find a superintendent job that paid a decent salary.

FYI in Woodridge, Illinois

32 months ago

Top dog Supers around 230 to 250 in compensation/perks/truck/gas/bonus/insurance/safety incentives

Anything higher is usually a executive VP operations for companies at 500 mil plus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.