construction superintendent

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

steve 59 in Port Charlotte, Florida

66 months ago

I'm a skilled super but i'm finding it hard in getting a reply. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

frank malickson in Bradenton, Florida

66 months ago

Steve
I am in the same boat. Been tough out there. I worked in Lakewood ranch for 8 years. Can't find work either. Let me know how it goes for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steve 59 in Port Charlotte, Florida

65 months ago

Frank,
I think my next step is to get a handymans lisence and do foreclosure lockups.I have a better chance at that,then getting a job on line.What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

frank malickson in Bradenton, Florida

65 months ago

steve 59 in Port Charlotte, Florida said: Frank,
I think my next step is to get a handymans lisence and do foreclosure lockups.I have a better chance at that,then getting a job on line.What do you think?

What do you have to do to get a handyman's lic.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Harry in New Port Richey, Florida

63 months ago

I am in the same situation, I am a liscensed G.C. and can't find work. for everyones information in the state of florida there is no such thing as a liscensed HANDYMAN> it does not exist. you must be a liscensed contractor to legally do any work, including changing a door knob. sure people have occupational liscences but that is not legal either. if you hire someone that does not have an a,b,or c liscense you can get away with out paying them. they have no recourse even if they say they will sue. they illegally performed work and were not liscensed by dpr as a contractor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gonzo Zaldumbide in Plantation, Florida

62 months ago

steve 59 in Port Charlotte, Florida said: I'm a skilled super but i'm finding it hard in getting a reply. Any suggestions?

What current OSHA certifications do you have? or what other credentials do you have like trenching excavation, scaffolding, aerial lifts, do you have any computer skills? you can also get your leed certification, this will be an asset because of the green movement, spend some money on your education and watch your salary grow!!!!!!

62 months ago

Harry in New Port Richey, Florida said: I am in the same situation, I am a liscensed G.C. and can't find work. for everyones information in the state of florida there is no such thing as a liscensed HANDYMAN> it does not exist. you must be a liscensed contractor to legally do any work, including changing a door knob. sure people have occupational liscences but that is not legal either. if you hire someone that does not have an a,b,or c liscense you can get away with out paying them. they have no recourse even if they say they will sue. they illegally performed work and were not liscensed by dpr as a contractor.

I think you are mistaking, you can have a handy man license, you need to have a corporation, occupational license in the city your working in, workman compnesation, insurance liability. I have looked into myself so I am familiar with the process. This only applies to Broward county

Donnie Green in Dallas, Texas

61 months ago

steve 59 in Port Charlotte, Florida said: I'm a skilled super but i'm finding it hard in getting a reply. Any suggestions?

I need a project super for dallas,Tx that knows horizantol concrete,someone that has worked on wastewater plants, power plants, or bridges.. Know anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

manuel hernandez in Fort Myers, Florida

61 months ago

i'm moving to [plano texas this weekend looking for job as super . i'm ready to work right away used to work for kraft and suffolk const. on the ave maria project. here is my e-mail me at pasaprieta@aol.com for my resume,

thank you

manuel hernandez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I need a (Sr.Pm ),and a project manager and a ( Sr.Qa/Qc ), and a ( Sr.Safety) ,and a (Sr. Super), all with Corp of Engineers and a Healthcare background for Dallas,Tx. Do you know any guys that will fit ?

61 months ago

contact the guy below your post!!!! he may be a good candidate!!!

61 months ago

How? what is his phone #

61 months ago

I need a Quality Assrance/ Quality Control Manager for a General Contractor in dallas,Tx

61 months ago

Gonzo Zaldumbide in Plantation, Florida said: contact the guy below your post!!!! he may be a good candidate!!!

What is his phone #

61 months ago

he has attached his email to his post!!!!!

Rod in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

same here

61 months ago

are you in residential or commercial? do you have computer skills? are youre OSHA certifications updated? take a leed certification for the green movement!!

Rod in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

Yes OSHA 30, Heart Association for CPR and First Aid, LEED classes have not taken the test.

61 months ago

take the class you will be an asset to the company and you will seperate yourself from the other supers. Also take other courses like scaffolding, PPE, Trenching Excavating, Confined Space, Tag out Lock out, also take computer classes for scheduling, word, excel, power point. These things will surely seperate you and yhou can increase your salary range. Good luck Gonzo

rockydombroski in Gilbert, Arizona

60 months ago

Donnie Green in Dallas, Texas said: I need a project super for dallas,Tx that knows horizantol concrete,someone that has worked on wastewater plants, power plants, or bridges.. Know anyone?

Are you still looking? Your request are exactly what I have been doing the last 15 years.

rockydombroski in Gilbert, Arizona

60 months ago

Donnie Green in Dallas, Texas said: I need a project super for dallas,Tx that knows horizantol concrete,someone that has worked on wastewater plants, power plants, or bridges.. Know anyone?

Donnie
Are you still looking to fill this position? Let me know, my experience again is exactly what you are requesting.

rodsparks in Chandler, Arizona

60 months ago

Donnie Green,
Please contact me at "rodsparks44@yahoo.com". I would like to have my resume reviewed by you or your contacts. Thank you, Rod

lomartinez34 in Coppell, Texas

60 months ago

Donnie Green in Dallas, Texas said: I need a (Sr.Pm ),and a project manager and a ( Sr.Qa/Qc ), and a ( Sr.Safety) ,and a (Sr. Super), all with Corp of Engineers and a Healthcare background for Dallas,Tx. Do you know any guys that will fit ?

May 4, 2009

To Whomever it may concern,

This letter is to the leaders of this company to express my attributes as a profitable construction superintendent. Based on my skills as a Bilingual Construction Manager I am confident that I would be a great addition to your team. I am a self motivated leader with over 10 years of quality experience in Construction Management.

My resume highlights my expertise in executing tactical plans, maintaining budgets, reviewing production goals and architectural plans, scheduling Sub-contractors, monitoring Sub-contractors performance against construction plans, superior organizational and interpersonal skills, mentoring Superintendents and Service Managers, and excellence in attendance. My interest in a superintendent position is enclosed. During my time as a Home builder, I was able to increase productivity and profitability of failing multi-subdivisions and create 100% Customer Satisfaction.

I am excited about the opportunity and the ability to help your company succeed. Thank you in advance for your time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I would appreciate the opportunity to review my qualifications in more detail with your company as soon as possible. In closing, I would like to add that I have a very stable and successful work record, as evident at having worked for the past 11 years for only 2 employers.

Sincerely,

Louie G. Martinez

Ken in Boise, Idaho

56 months ago

Yes I do. Give me a shout and Ill send you my resume. Would also like to know more about your company.
Regards
Ken kfcindc@yahoo.com

mtd151 in Apopka, Florida

55 months ago

We are looking for a job superintendent for a fast food restaurant located in the Metro Atlanta area. We prefer someone who in currently living in the Metro area. Again, the project is a fast food restaurant located inside a food court. Please, only inquire if you have experiences building these types of projects. Project will start the beginning of October and to be completed within 6 weeks.

If you are interested, please email me at jnguyen@mtdesigninc.com

Thanks a bunch,

Jimmy

Monty in Chouteau, Oklahoma

52 months ago

Please send me your email or ph # and I will send you my resume.<montylutz@yahoo.com>

Rod Sparks in Chandler, Arizona

52 months ago

Hi,
I would like the opportunity to interview for this job. Please send me your contact information so I can get you my information.
Sincerely,
Rod Sparks
four eight zero, two three three, 7023
rodsparks44@yahoo.com

stickler in Adel, Iowa

49 months ago

Hi,
I am just the person you need. I have extensive concrete and bridge construction experience. I have also supervised the construction of water treatment plants and lift stations. I bring with me a record of acheivements and enthusiasm.
Please reply with contact information.
Thanks
Mike stickler
stickler@dishmail.net

Linda Snyder in Sherman, Texas

48 months ago

Construction Superintendent needed in Texas for General Contractor. Must have 5 years recent franchise hotel experience. Email resume to lnspatriot@aol.com

jjMesser1 in Leland, North Carolina

46 months ago

I am a seasoned Super who has worked for a large GC for the last 20 years. Layed off in November 2009. Must have sent out 350+ resumes with only a few return calls but no takers yet. I have built everything from city parks to high rise buildings. Hospitals, condos, motels, hotels, office buildings, warehouses, base buildings, interior finishes, renovations, assisted living, some retail, parking garages, and rehab facilities to name a few. I hold an OSHA 30 HR card. Anyone with any contact info would be appreciated. jjmesser1@aol.com

m.d.hay@hotmail.com in Sarasota, Florida

46 months ago

FAQ FL in Dallas, Texas said: Port Charolette and Punta gorda you people make me sick! you on here crying about not working and it serves you right! .... when the hurricanes hit there in sept of 04, you all were crying about out of state people coming in and taking your work, now you sit here and beg for those very people you put in jail to give you work! i hope you never find a job and if i get wind of anyone from that part of the country applying for a job at my company the results wont be favoritable! I hope the next hurricane wipes out Punta Gorda and Port charolette fl and i hope the punta gorda court house and public pretenders office is the first to go!

Well, whom ever wrote this comment from Texas. It sound like you have visited Fla on vacation and left on probation and it sounds like your crying the blues. WHO'S fault is that ? Yes, I'm a Florida Cracker and damn proud of it. I have lived and worked all over North America from Florida to Washington to Colorado,Ohio,and Texas and I have never been and jail. So STOP your crying b**** I hate boy's who cry about going to jail. If you can do the time don't do the crime. And you don't have the balls to use your real name boy.

dbc15@ymail.com in Fort Worth, Texas

45 months ago

Donnie Green in Dallas, Texas said: I need a Quality Assrance/ Quality Control Manager for a General Contractor in dallas,Tx

I am looking for work in the DFW are, I have 20 years experience in the commercial/residential building industry. dbc15@ymail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.