Where is all the work at.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Leo Danielson

85 months ago

Im the owner of a small construction buisness and ive been hearing about the huricanes and how they have destroyed every thing how can i get started

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unfortunately in Metter, Georgia

85 months ago

Back when Katrina hit, it was no more than a month that jobs came up in the construction industry to begin the rebuild. I actually applied for one of them myself but when I learned that part of the so called "cleanup construction" would mean that you might move a two-by-four and find the arm of a dead child lying underneath in the mud, I opted out.

At any rate, that is pretty much settled now. Carpenters, etc were on their way almost immediately and all the contracts are probably filled, but I would suggest a search for "Carpentry" in the New Orleans area for any that may be left.

Also, contact FEMA who handles the management of such things as natural disasters and directs the appropriate contractors to the job. These FEMA contracts are awarded long before a disaster strikes. You might get some business on the next catastrophe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steven Gonzales in Riverside, California

84 months ago

I am a 23 year old male and have been in and around construction most of my life and would like to help those who are unfortunate to have a home or and apt building. I would also like to find out how my experience could be put to use over in New Orleans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dunno in Adelaide, Australia

29 months ago

Where is all the construction workers finding jobs and where do they all go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.