want to weld

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

kid8383 in Mount Pleasant, Iowa

67 months ago

i want to weld pipe and am wondering what is the best way in union or go to a trade school and go that way and info would be thankful to help me get started and on the road it will be a little while before i can go but am seriously looking for ways to get in to the trade and get the best start thanks best of luck to all stay safe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Forest Hills, New York

41 months ago

my husband went to Apex Technical here in new york city. Then with that knowledge he went and joined the Local 40 Ironworkers here in NYC - I believe they made (dont quote me) 40.00 an hour? anyways once he fell and couldnt go back to climbing the open iron he then went and joined the local 79 international laborers union. Now with this union you will get all of your certifications if you are serious in Blue print reading, welding again, scaffolding, OSHA - 10 hour, confined space, concrete - all for free as long as you are in the apprenticeship. My husband has ALL of his certifications thus he is never out of work in this economy. They only send out the workers who have all of their certs and attend the rallys and such. the apprenticeship for Local 79 is open NOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.