Comments (51 to 78 of 78)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

lookin for a job no luck,J.C in Reno, Nevada

47 months ago

.Please help me get a job any programs in Reno,Nv

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

capie4 in Xenia, Ohio

47 months ago

With all the comments here, I wonder if any of you would hire a felon once (some of you) get into a position of being the hiring/firing person.

Wouldn't all of you want to get together, form a employee-owned company, and work for your collective selves?

If you own your own business, then list potential applications as "felony friendly" and also, hire ONLY felons since it is okay to discriminate against felons, it is okay to discriminate FOR felons.

It's YOUR company! YOu can hire whoever you want except on birth related issues (National origin, age, race...)

I had a conversation with a black woman in the Black Soriety of Businesses based around Dayton Ohio. She supports the idea she doesn't want felons working in-or around-her company. Imagine that, a Harbinger of Equality in America (who has been screaming for EOE for 100 years) advocating & practicing discrimination. Hypocritical.
I told her that she can no longer report her house being robbed, her car stolen, and her bank account gets drained; she just has to live with her decision to increase crime by not allowing her corporation to hire felons.

She picked her sin.

AND I told her that if anything like that happened to me, I would be able to come to here to replace my stolen items directly from her since she has taken on the responsibilty for the higher crime rate.

Needless to say, she couldn't comphrehend that.
I pray she becomes a felon...it's so easy in this Country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

capie4 in Xenia, Ohio

47 months ago

I agree. Felons who have a clean record with only ONE count should automatically have their record cleaned after such a time!

IF a violent crime, 20 years automatically.

If a sex crime, 40 years automatically.

If a second or more felony is committed, then all bets off. It's 40 years. One time; for shame, second time; shame on you.

It's like in this time and age, once damned always damned.
And you were tried in the Court of Law, and now you are tried in the Court of Corporation, who--last I knew--isn't in the business of prosecuting lawbreakers.

If you feel this strongly, then WRITE A BILL and get the necessary signatures. There is a growing anger among felons regarding this "information super highway." I am sure you would get plenty of signatures of registered (felony)voters to sign your bill.

I would! I think it unfair for corporations to up-the-ante on getting my house robbed by you.

While you are at it, write a bill for "A Tax for corporations that perform background checks on any and all personnel being hired or currently in there employ and those coming from outsourced scources or temporary companies." This forces the "Court of Corporation" to reduce the crime rate by subsidizing Felons welfare checks to compensate them for the wages they are being discriminated"

Also a bill, "A tax for those corporations that have 20 or more employees (associates, members,whatever)to pay a subsidy for not having an 8% felony employee force to pay for subsidizing felons welfare checks."

Wouldn't THAT pi** off the taxpayer! BUT, it would force the taxpayer to jump on the corporations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

capie4 in Xenia, Ohio

47 months ago

Cindy,
I agree. Felons who have a clean record with only ONE count should automatically have their record cleaned after such a time!

IF a violent crime, 20 years automatically.

If a sex crime, 40 years automatically.

If a second or more felony is committed, then all bets off. It's 40 years. One time; for shame, second time; shame on you.

It's like in this time and age, once damned always damned.
And you were tried in the Court of Law, and now you are tried in the Court of Corporation, who--last I knew--isn't in the business of prosecuting lawbreakers.

If you feel this strongly, then WRITE A BILL and get the necessary signatures. There is a growing anger among felons regarding this "information super highway." I am sure you would get plenty of signatures of registered (felony)voters to sign your bill.

I would! I think it unfair for corporations to up-the-ante on getting my house robbed by you.

While you are at it, write a bill for "A Tax for corporations that perform background checks on any and all personnel being hired or currently in there employ and those coming from outsourced scources or temporary companies." This forces the "Court of Corporation" to reduce the crime rate by subsidizing Felons welfare checks to compensate them for the wages they are being discriminated"

Also a bill, "A tax for those corporations that have 20 or more employees (associates, members,whatever)to pay a subsidy for not having an 8% felony employee force to pay for subsidizing felons welfare checks."

Wouldn't THAT pi** off the taxpayer! BUT, it would force the taxpayer to jump on the corporations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fkd in clw fl in Largo, Florida

47 months ago

uhh you're not helping me at all im 18 4 count felon and 3 misdemeanors violated 1 misdemeanor charge on triple bond waiting to be sentenced. HELP MEEEEEEE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

i meant meant fkd in largo,fl in Largo, Florida

47 months ago

my bad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JC in Reno, Nevada

47 months ago

How did you get this job on your own or what?My biggest step is trying to walk my first step toward toward getting a job and someone taking me as a person and look at my skills not my wrong doing,ifeel like that are not giving me a chance > Right now i am only thinking positive for employment and the future there is a better life after doing jail time i did my time .....

Virginia Hush in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia

46 months ago

Yes

don Juan in Saint Joseph, Michigan said: I also dont agree with being honest on the applications.I have told the the truth on all , and yet..no call back.I started to fill them out lying and at least i get responses.so to those who think honesty is the best policy..you r wrong.

Yes I agree with you on this also. I was honest when I got out of prison and got no place at all. Then i started to lie about it and got a job, the funny thing is the place i got work at did a background check and I never heard anything about it. Well I was there for about a year and then they got slow and I got laid off but the point is I told the truth and nothing lied and got employed and at this point even if I got fired after a few days and the background check came back and thats why then at lest I got in a few days work. I have even had trouble with fast food not because of my felonies I don't tell them about it they offer me work but then they see mt tattoo and they don't want me anymore I get it every witch way you go. But lets be real here why do you think we end up with so many repeat offenders in our country its because in part that we cant get work and end up falling back into old habits just to make it and take care of our kids there comes a point when you just don't have a choice

Virginia Hush in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia

46 months ago

cindy k. in Amarillo, Texas said: Anyone, anywhere, that tuly wants a job needs to do the footwork and LOOK for it. NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE.IF ITS WORTH HAVING, ITS WORTH WORKING FOR.[

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THIS POSITION MOST OF THESE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR WORK EVERYYDAY ITS REALLY NOT FAIR TO SAY THAT IF THEY JUST LOOK THEY WILL BE FINE ITS NOT THAT EASY I HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO FIND OUT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cantgetright in Greenwood, Mississippi

44 months ago

i've been out of prison for 4 year.i find work pretty easy.but they are worthless.i take responsiblity 4 my action.i was young(19)when it happen.me and my ex-girlfriend was fighting and the 4 year ole was crying none stop.i grabbed her under the arm and throw here in the bed.she bounced out the bed and hit the floor.after i was locked up,the d.a.didn't ask me what happen they told me a theory about what happen.i was scared so i lied and said i didn't do anything.the day i took the plee of 8years i told the judge what really happen he was mad that i took the plee put i had already sign the papers. im a great guy but can't catch a break no where.i was not sentence as a volient offender .help me get right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Darryl in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Hello i tried Safer here in Chicago and got nowhere,i went two times after that they never called me back. I called three to four times and still no call backs.So i guess they got there money from the Gov for me and on to the next one. I got great work exp.over 20yrs in Warehouse and Shipping/Rec but because of me being a felon i can't get any help. I was working as a temp through this company that was going to hirer me in looked at my record which i didn't hide laid me off. I need help.....

Darryl in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Hello i tried Safer here in Chicago and got nowhere,i went two times after that they never called me back. I called three to four times and still no call backs.So i guess they got there money from the Gov for me and on to the next one. I got great work exp.over 20yrs in Warehouse and Shipping/Rec but because of me being a felon i can't get any help. I was working as a temp through this company that was going to hirer me in looked at my record which i didn't hide laid me off. I need help.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

allen45 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

42 months ago

Dean in Chicago, Illinois said: Earlier I read a question from a man with a felony trying to find employment. I hope you see this comment. First of all never lie on your application, it will ALWAYS come back to haunt you. Regardless of what you were convicted of or the circumstances, lying is an automatic termination. So hopefully this information will prove to be helpful. I understand you are from Ohio. There is a program in Chicago called The Safer Foundation. This program is committed to helping ex-offenders gain employment through education, training, and job leads. The employers they send you to will already know you have a criminal history, therefore, they are interested in your skills and ability to market yourself. The Safer Foundation has offices in other states also. Contact the office in Chicago Illinois and they will give you all the information you need.

iam from minnesota,mlps could you help me with this thank you!

earney

42 months ago

I am unemployed and have been so for nearly a year. I have an arson misdemenor charge 8 yrs ago,fines,comunity service and all obligations completed. Felony drug charge 15 years back fines and all other duties compleat . I also have multiple marijuana charges under 2 ounces, inwhich was always my personal smoke. I have never been sent to the pen. but unable to find employment with 2 felonies and multiple misdemeanor charges. I live in Garland Texas and suffered an auto accident inmy senior year in H.S. in a comma for 62 days and 3 minutes before they pulled the plug on my breathing and heart machine, i came to life whilt the doctors said i would be a vegatble if i survived. i am now 52 years of age and at 17 when accident occured in which unknowingly followed the wrong crowed and was easly persuaded to be and do what others told me. I had no family to direct me and feel the police took advantage of my citutation to or for whatever reason to fit their fancy.I have never stole, rob, kill. molest or any of those violent crimes. unemployed no home no one for help I am a great person that has finaly learned what a good citizen is with good ethics. Can or will any one help or guide me to a job or where to get any assistance. God Bless All! ebrjr13@yahoo.com

stayceelinn in Springville, Iowa

39 months ago

greek in Clearwater, Florida said: Ok all. I'm a multiple felon and have been working without a problem. Experience, work ethic, and a positive attitude (a proven track record). You can be a felon and still be a good person and there are people out there that know that. If you know that you are good and could be an asset to any establishment then the rest will fall in place but you need to hit the bricks cause its not going to fall in your lap on its own.

I live in Iowa and a female! I am very honest and forth coming about my felony assault! I am a registered daycare provider however parents lost jobs and now im in the beginning again. keep getting rejected and turned away. I just wanna work and raise my kids without robbing Peter to pay Paul everyone tells me to go back to school but as a felon medical field is out! my felony is almost 14yrs old i think im not negative just frustrated and wondering if iowa is just way harder on felons !!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

cindy k. in Amarillo, Texas said: HAVE YOU CHECKED W/ YOUR LOCAL EMPLOYMENT OFFICE? iF NOT ASK FOR PROJECT RIO, IT IS DESIGNED TO HELP US. I HAVE 2 FELONIES, DRUGS & FORGERY. KEEP THE FAITH. MAYBE TRY A JOB DOING SOMETYPE OF WORK AT HOME.

we have no project anything in ia i have a felony assault and cant get a job doing anything

39 months ago

greek in Clearwater, Florida said: Ok all. I'm a multiple felon and have been working without a problem. Experience, work ethic, and a positive attitude (a proven track record). You can be a felon and still be a good person and there are people out there that know that. If you know that you are good and could be an asset to any establishment then the rest will fall in place but you need to hit the bricks cause its not going to fall in your lap on its own.

I live in Iowa and a female! I am very honest and forth coming about my felony assault! I am a registered daycare provider however parents lost jobs and now im in the beginning again. keep getting rejected and turned away. I just wanna work and raise my kids without robbing Peter to pay Paul everyone tells me to go back to school but as a felon medical field is out! my felony is almost 14yrs old i think im not negative just frustrated and wondering if iowa is just way harder on felons !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash in Amarillo, Texas

39 months ago

I really dont know how to use this but Cindy K this is for you... My father in law rercently moved in with me from Wa. and has felons he has worked for 2 years at the same job and has an excellent refrence from them. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on where to start looking for a job for him.

It Doesn't Matter Who I am in Chicago, Illinois

36 months ago

sherman johnson in Washington, North Carolina said: please send me inform about the safe foundation in washington nc

The Safer Foundation is a program that pays people for doing NOTHING!!! The people who work there are so afraid that you may take their job. If you don't know anybody then you are doomed having a criminal record!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cam in Orlando, Florida

36 months ago

I just moved to Florida from Ohio after leaving a job I stayed out for 13 years because I couldn't hired anywhere else. My 2 felonies are 15+ years ago. I always tell the truth...recently I was hired...cause they only asked if I had a conviction within last year, which I don't. Today I was "let go" not that they don't hire felons but it was just a decision made on my case. I am feeling really discouraged now. I've got the experience and got six classed to complete to have AA in Business, but still no response to applications. - any advice - and I am still hitting the bricks and hard.

Drea 33

36 months ago

I recently moved to Colorado Spring, Co and have a felony DUI and can't find a job. Anybody have any suggestions?

The soul provider in Woodstock, Illinois

31 months ago

I have 1 felony & 1 misdemeanor. I was released from prison in aug, 2007. Here it is 2012 and only had 1 job since my release that I got from lying on my application. It was through a temp agency they used me for 2 months then I had to go back and tell my girl friend who has 3 kids that I got let go I'm sure some people on this blog know what its like on that dredful drive home. I've told the truth about my felony battery charge on numerous applications they just don't want us. You see my theory is they want us to go back think about it we keep police officer, correctional officers judges lawyers from being unemployed that's what our government does. There is so many of US that want to prove ourselves to society but can't all the odds are stacked against usim educated graduated high school was a firefighter for 2 years that I also went to school for that too I mention on my application. Still nothin all of you are right how are we suppose to support our families let alone ourselves in a society that encourages us to fail I made a mistake of hitting my cousin 6 years ago and will pay for it for the rest of my life. Sometimes i want to go back to jail just for the thought of at least my family don't have to support me anymore. The safer foundation in Chicago are a bunch of crooks in my book. Been there no job even with my public safety record. But if you go on their website there is a big box with the words MAKE A DONATION for what? So felons can hope if they make a Donation it will help us all find jobs? Don't look like it is working. I'm trying not to give up hope for the sake of my girlfriend and her 3 little ones. Please reply to my post I want to know if you all feel the same way I do or if I just need psychological help....

Bob in Henderson, Nevada

30 months ago

cindy k. in Amarillo, Texas said: Well, here's my recent update. I have truly been blessed by God. Through honest, a good program of recovery, and good work ethics, I have been truly blessed w/ the job of my dreams. I am now an Executive Chef of a hotel,one of which is part of a large chain. I am truly sorr for those who are less fortunate than I am. May God be w/ you and help you find what you deserve.I have a lot of gratitude & praise for the God of my understanding for the blessings I have received.

now you can return the favor

bross666 in East Saint Louis, Illinois

25 months ago

If you are not applying for a job that handles money. The employer, 9 times out of 10 will not run a extensive background check. So, do not tell the truth, it will not be in your best interest to answer yes. Because if you do, you will not get past the filling out the application part. If you get the job, and then the employer finds out and fires you, so your back to where you started, so what!

LukeONE123 in East Saint Louis, Illinois

25 months ago

My felony was 25 years ago. I have worked full time in the printing industry since, probably 30 different shops, answered no to a felony on every application, it was never checked. What you have to understand is that it cost money to run a extensive background check. If you are not handling money, or have to be state certified, the company doesn't want to spend all that money. Especially if you come recommended. I start a new career Monday, and had to lie on that application. My advice is Lie about it, and don't feel bad about that. Just act like it never happened, if they find out, they find out!

gurlcallie69@gmail.com

20 months ago

I am a single parent in Alabama who recently was charge with a misdemeanor of property of theft in the 3RD and was working Walmart as cashier. But due to return. I pick uP this case i was wondering what type of job should i look. For or what type of trade i can go in to onceI finish school would offer me job with whats on my background. This the first time Ever being n trouble.SO IF THERE ANYONE. OUT THERECAN GIVE ME ANY ADVICE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

endlesssearch in Patterson, California

15 months ago

Justsomehelp in Columbia, South Carolina said: Hi, try to go to Interactive Resource center ask for Howard _will.It is in greensboro NC Also try Eric Mayo at jailtojob.com/wordpress I here they work. Good luck everyone and don't give up!

I am in California and i have 2 felonies 1 is for cashing a forged check and that was about 8yrs ago & the other felony was for drug possession about 6 yrs ago & i havent been in trouble since & i cannot find a job anywhere i am trying to better my life but the only jobs ive been able to get is working in the fields but with over 10yrs of experience in administrative assistant/customer service if these felonies were not on my record i know i would have no problem gaining employment. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

VanessaFas in East Haven, Connecticut

15 months ago

Contact your closest Department of Labor office (DOL). They have offender/prison programs where they work businesses who help train and employ you, and others with similar backgrounds. Try the DOL right away.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.