Corrections Officer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (349) - Start a Discussion

Mtz13Mad in El Centro, California

Updated 8 months ago

2014 Academy - 7 Replies

Hello ladies and Gent. So I applied back In March 2013. I just finished all the process. Got a email on 01/09/2014 that I was done with the...

appliedin2011

Updated 8 months ago

Has anyone received any information on the MARCH 2011 ACADEMY in California? - 873 Replies

Hello all fellow cadets that did not make the cut off for the January Academy, we can use this forum to chat about going to the March 2011 Academy!

JAM32 in Fontana, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR Background check question - 1 Reply

Hey everyone, I have a question, Will EZ Pass Violations show in my driving record? Here is what happened, I was in the military living in Virginia...

samgrunt in Los Angeles, California

Updated 9 months ago

2014 Co - 12 Replies

Anyone thing the written test in January 2014?

Jplc85 in Merced, California

Updated 9 months ago

2014 cdcr candidate question - 1 Reply

i have a question? I'm 20 years old ,and i applied for cdcr ,and i have my written test in January 2014. i know if i pass my written i will have no...

jaycam in Los Angeles, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR academy Dec 30th 2013 - 18 Replies

Anyone else heading up there next week? What to expect, and where is everyone headed ??

rj13 in Bronx, New York

Updated 9 months ago

Oral Psych - 2 Replies

Question I had my oral psychological today i was in there for about 25-30 mins.Do i have to be worried t the end all he asked me my address/phone#and...

x7up in Los Osos, California

Updated 9 months ago

CDCR SEPTEMBER ACADEMY 2013 - 109 Replies

Does anyone get in?

samgrunt in Los Angeles, California

Updated 9 months ago

2013 Applicants - 6 Replies

Hey guys/girls, Im fairly new to this, but I will be taking my written test sometime in January. Does anyone know how long before the test will...

cdcrhopefull in Bakersfield, California

Updated 9 months ago

2013 cdcr Physical test - 4 Replies

Have my appt on may 13. Anybody else testing?

ecruzjr in Bronx, New York

Updated 10 months ago

words of wisdom please!! - 112 Replies

I have an orientation session with the nycdoc in less than a week. I just wanted to know what to expect and what this actually means in regards to...

chaotic in Ontario, California

Updated 10 months ago

CDCR PFT - 3 Replies

Can someone please tell me how the PFT test will be? I have my date on 11/20/13 and want to prepare. I hear that it's different from the video...

Lrod8447 in Bakersfield, California

Updated 10 months ago

Written test - 3 Replies

Anyone know how long it takes to get results back on the written test? I took mine on nov 8 just wondering how long it takes.

nemo500 in Fresno, California

CDCR written test, and Qualifications Assessment

im taking the written test, and Qualifications Assessment for CDCR this fri at 8.am for corrections officer, and i was just wondering how long will...

John

Juvenile Hall BI interview

Hi, what can I expect from my bI interview for juvenile hall please help. Thanks. John

Goal Focus in Amarillo, Texas

Updated 11 months ago

Women Correctional Officers - 54 Replies

I've every interested in becoming a corrections officer. I'm a strong women who can handle her own and can be prety tough when I need to be. How hard...

Msdek27 in Newark, New Jersey

Updated 11 months ago

California Corrections: Failed The Psych interview. need little advice - 11 Replies

I just got a letter that i failed the psych interview, due to stress and excessive drinking. its a long story but im not much of a drinker and who...

Ciara in Parkville, Maryland

Jessup

Ok I had my interview for corrections and I met with my background investigator a month ago & I heard nothing yet -_- is that good or bad

tonyguapo in Brooklyn, New York

94 on my civil service exam.. taken on 5/10/13

I took my civil service exam in march , I still haven't heard anything from anyone... I can't seem to find any information for the wait time or...

mrkeith in NEWARK, New Jersey

Updated 11 months ago

Getting a Correctional officer job in New Jersey - 4 Replies

Hi I live on long island New York. I am interested in becoming a correctional officer in New Jersey. I am willing to move to New Jersey for the job....

ATT in San Jose, California

Updated 11 months ago

correction officer exam 2013 - 1 Reply

Quick question, has anyone taken the correctional officer exam in California in the passed yr?? I have my test in 2 weeks Fresno ca. Question, how...

Updated 11 months ago

correctional officer exam Fresno - 6 Replies

Hey all, I have co exam in two weeks in Fresno ca. Has anyone took the test recently? And if so how many questions are on the test, and how much time...

Marie La Rue in Bremerton, Washington

Updated 12 months ago

correction officer physical agility test?? - 3 Replies

I was wondering what the agility test consisted of. I am applying in Missouri if that helps

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California

CDCR March 2003 applicants. Background, Medical, POPE

Hello everyone, I am a March 03 applicant for CDCR to become a correctional officer. I am currently in the background check phase and I was...

Mindoverbody in Stockton, California

Updated 12 months ago

CDCR Current employee transition to Officer - 2 Replies

I appleid in august and received an email about taking a written next month. Does anyone know if currently being a cdcr employee (free staff) will...

Browneyes23 in Jamaica, New York

Still waiting

Anyone waiting for ny doc sept class

Browneyes23 in Baldwin, New York

How long is the wait

Hey I have taking my med & psych test but I have not had my 1 on1 and don't know who my investigators is. I heard there is a class starting on the...

Karms in New york, New York

April 13, 2013 test

Just curious on how long before I get my results... Does anyone know the time span! Also good luck to ALL waiting for "the call".

Updated 13 months ago

Medical Examination: Fail or Pass - 5 Replies

Okay, so I finally after waiting for almost a year not hearing anything from CDCR. I finally got a phone call and it asked me to set an appointment...

hmglor in Sacramento, California

Updated 13 months ago

CDCR Oral Psych evaluation - 1 Reply

whats up guys I am in the same process as most of you going to go take written psych this week! would just like some feedback and info on what type...

Updated 13 months ago

California Adult correctional officer hiring process 2013 - 3 Replies

Has anyone gotten a call or letter by cdcr?

mooserny in Canton, New York

NYS DOCS

I had my 1 on 1 back in March. Drove 3 hrs to meet with Doc and timed the meeting at 7 mins long. I assume and have read on here the shorter the...

scootyboyemt in Batavia, New York

Updated 14 months ago

nys correctional officer - 2 Replies

I completed the physical, agility, Psychological exam i am scheduled psychological interview what happens after that

Brian in Fresno in Fresno, California

Updated 14 months ago

Current or past CO's - 3 Replies

I'm curious to know your experiences at the prisons you have worked at and the towns they are in. I'm currently in the background phase and will be...

striker937 in Brockton, Massachusetts

How do I become a correctional officer

My wife to be and I are in the middle of finding career jobs. I have a desire to get into corrections but I don't know how. I know there's a physical...

orozco in Bakersfield, California

Updated 14 months ago

CDCR Peace officer psychologial evaluation appeal - 5 Replies

Today I received a letter I failed my evaluation due to poor judgment displayed in my past. My poor judgment was I was arrested for a fight at 18...

ChampTuck in Croydon, Pennsylvania

I took PA Correction Officer Exam, whats next?

I just took my civil service exam for PA DOC yesterday and I checked the scsc.state.pa.us website and my results were in the next day. (i was...

scorpio in Dundalk, Maryland

Updated 15 months ago

Corretional Officer Training - 22 Replies

I want to work for baltimore city as a correctional officer. i wanted to know does anyone know where the 6 week training will be because i do not...

Jonathan in South Gate, California

Updated 15 months ago

New Ca dept of Corrections written exam - 128 Replies

HELP! I just found out that the written exam I am going to take Dec 2nd,2010 has changed from the sample one.Can anyone who has recently taken the...

telfereric90

nys correctional academy

How much do you get paid while in academy and how often. I live in the bronx where would they put me after the academy

Norcal CO in California

Updated 16 months ago

CDCR medical exam - 2 Replies

So I have heard from other candidates that CDCR will disqualify you on the PEM if you have taken vicodin in the past even of you had a valid...

t in Erie, Pennsylvania

Updated 16 months ago

Have been arrested can this Jam me up? - 6 Replies

I am 34 years old and i was arrested when i was 19 Years old have not been in trouble since then. It was Dismissed and sealed does this stop me from...

LucySnow in Watertown, New York

Relocation

I live in upstate NY and my fiance is thinking about becoming a corrections officer. In the event that you actually make it to a facility,would they...

SD in Cullowhee, North Carolina

Interview coming up

So I have 2 interviews coming up, both in VA. One is at Shenandoah Valley Juvenile Center and on as a correction officer. I was told to show up for...

buffalohopeful in Buffalo, New York

Updated 19 months ago

list 25168 NYS Corrections. - 3 Replies

I just took my psych written this morning and have my 1-1 on the 23-my background and agility are on the 27. Just trying to see who is where on this...

dwjock56 in Massena, New York

ny corrections test april 2013

hey guys, criminal justice student here and already a state employee.just curious what i should study in preparation to the up and coming...

LUMIERE EST in Norcross, Georgia

Updated 21 months ago

Correction Officers in Huntsville,TX - 5 Replies

Passed test and background check. Anyone know how long it is taking to get on now? Also was wondering if they are going for re-hires first.

Erica in Savannah, Georgia

Updated 21 months ago

juvenile/probation officer exam - 9 Replies

Has anyone taken this exam in Georgia? I have to take it on Thursday and just wanted to know what to expect. I'm not a psychology or criminal justice...

shug19013 in Wilmington, Delaware

Updated 21 months ago

delaware c/o exam - 1 Reply

hello i just got qulaified for test on the 24 of this month for corrections in delaware does any body knows wat the nxt step & what should i expect...

saz1005 in New York, New York

Updated 22 months ago

civil service exam scores - 8 Replies

is a 79 to low? how soon can i retake the exam? i took it on 1/8/10.

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.