Corrections Officer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (489) - Start a Discussion

Updated 4 months ago

cdcr exam - 3 Replies

No it didn't ask which facilities I'd work at... Did yours?

Kbot in Sacramento, California

Updated 5 months ago

May, June, July 2014 Applicants CDCR (Time Line, Background, POPE) - 4 Replies

I haven't found many threads regarding applicants that applied around the time frame stated above so I hope this thread is helpful everyone. I...

JAM32 in Fontana, California

Updated 5 months ago

CDCR 2015 June 29th Academy - 11 Replies

Q&A for the second June Academy, June 29th. Good luck! Next will be July 27th I predict, hoping I'm not starting that forum.

gg in Roseville, California

CDCR ACADEMY UNIFORM & GEAR BUNDLE SALE My husband went through to 16 weeks then was injured. All items are clean and well cared for, some brand...

rick in Atlantic City, New Jersey

Updated 5 months ago

CDCR DRUG TEST - 11 Replies

For those of you that have gone through the process already, how did they drug test you and how many times?? Was it just a urine drug test or was it...

Benn_S23 in Phoenix, Arizona

wondering if you can help....?

I applied to be a Correction Officer On FEB 18, got an email for the physical assessment schedule on march 20 and passed all of them. At the end they...

ElviraSD in San Diego, California

Updated 5 months ago

Oral POPE and Final CDCR Clearance - 1 Reply

Hi guys, I have oral POPE on May 18th, anyone going to central selection with a similar time line?

Gadgets in Bridgeport, Connecticut

Updated 5 months ago

Judicial Marshal - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any advice on the Judicial Marshal Academy in CT?? What to to prepare..what is difficult..etc..thanks!!

jenkylie87 in Elma, New York

length of time it takes to transfer to another prison

Could anyone tell me the approximate time it takes to transfer to another prison that has a waiting list? My fiance wants to get into Attica, wende,...

King G in Dedham, Massachusetts

NYS Correction Hiring Process

Curious to know if having a bachelor degree in criminal justice would play any role in the hiring process?

azgirl in Brockway, Pennsylvania

Updated 5 months ago

Becoming a corrections officer in PA? - 421 Replies

I'm interested in becoming a Corrections Officer in Pennsylvania. I currently live in NJ but am soon moving to PA around Harrisburg area so Camp...

mia tecolotl in calexico, Arizona

how to get to Galt from Sacramento aside from the possible arranged pickup from cdcr?

Also.. anybody from the imperial valley going to the may 4th academy?

Nkor702 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 6 months ago

Nevada State Corrections - 714 Replies

I passed the physical fitness test, and took the drug test and physch exam. I go a conditional offer of employment stating: It will take 10-16...

Mp584 in Fontana, California

Updated 6 months ago

CDCR June 16 2014 Academy - 26 Replies

Hello,I wanted to start a thread on this academy. Anyone who has any updates or tips please post. So far I have done the check-in, completed...

ED09 in California

Updated 6 months ago

CDCR Declined job offered - 22 Replies

So I declined my first offered. Anybody on the same boat? Or got their second offer? How long is it going to take? Is there a number?

Christee in Bakersfield, California

Updated 6 months ago

CDCR April 2015 academy - 5 Replies

Has anybody got notice for the CDCR April 2015 academy. Applied - 8/7/2013 Test - 1/10/2014 PAT - 1/11/2014 LIVESCAN - 1/10/2014 CONTACT...

Bam92 in Corcoran, California

Updated 6 months ago

CDCR November academy offers/dates 2014 - 883 Replies

Has anyone gotten an offer for the november academy? Been waiting 4 weeks since i cleared now jus waiting for an offer, I think ill be in November...

Riah277 in Compton, California

Does anyone know will u be disqualified if u have a medical condition such as hepati C. Also does anyone know should I mention on my PHS that I...

Inmate#17707 in Lansing, Michigan

Updated 6 months ago

Correctional Officer - Similar and Advancement Professions - 1 Reply

Can we collectively figure out what they are?

JAM32 in Fontana, California

Updated 6 months ago

Back taxes california department of corrections - 7 Replies

does owing back taxes effect my chances of passing background for the California department of corrections?

blng_blng in Huntington Beach, California

cdcr career ladder...

is there a link to a career progression for cdcr? co, to sergeant to lieutenant is suppose... but is there a line somewhere? cdcr's website is not...

Zavala 2008 in Visalia, California

Updated 7 months ago

pre background interview cdcr - 4 Replies

I recently had a pre background interview for cdcr when the bi asked if I ever used drugs I said I had use marijuana but on my phs I put that I never...

andreina from strathmore in Fresno, California

Updated 7 months ago

cleared the. 18 of this month - 8 Replies

hi i submitted my prisons last week and cleared on the 18 of this month. when should I expect to hear something next about the academy?

AlmostThere SoCal in Corona, California

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR Peace officer psychologial evaluation appeal - 17 Replies

Today I received a letter I failed my evaluation due to poor judgment displayed in my past. My poor judgment was I was arrested for a fight at 18...

mr1986 in Visalia, California

Updated 7 months ago

Letters from DOC! Help! - 3 Replies

Hi I was wondering if anybody has received letters from the department of corrections with their results from the pysch test that were good? I...

Buddy Everidge in Bakersfield, California

Updated 7 months ago

February cdcr offers - 6 Replies

Anyone who gets a February offer can you list your score and how long since you've been cleared to help us all gauge timing please. Thanks to all...

D Carr in Visalia, California

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR oral psych - 3 Replies

If you fail your oral psych what is the process? Do you start all over or what can one do?

tiff123 in Michigan

drug screen/finger print

What type of drug screen is given for MDOC?

CareerThesaurus in Brooklyn, New York

Correctional Officer - Similar and Advancement Professions

This is how we see it. Similar Careers: Family Social Worker - 46k per year Addictions Counselor - 41k per year Court Officer - 41k per...

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR - Hiring Age - 1 Reply

Does anyone know what the hiring age range is for CDCR? On the website it only gives the minimum age. Thanks

zbr in Elk Grove, California

Updated 7 months ago

CDCR 2013 process - 117 Replies

Just took test back in Feb. and did finger prints in April... Has any body in the same process heard anything?

Updated 7 months ago

Cdcr hiring process - 1 Reply

Almost done took my psychological interview on 1/9/15 does anyone have an idea about when I will get result ??

how long is the Apprenticeship Program for cdcr?

i am getting pretty far down the hiring process... and i am assuming a job offer is imminent... i can never get anything clear on starting...

Mp584 in Yorba Linda, California

Updated 7 months ago

Noverber 3rd Academy - 52 Replies

Anybody receive any Nov 3rd offers yet?

Youth Correctional Officer 2015

Anyone receive any info on positions as Youth Officer or Youth Counselor?

mp584 in Fontana, California

Updated 7 months ago

Why is background calling me when I failed the physical test? - 1 Reply

today I got a call from CDCR background check Why are they calling when I failed the physical test?

qpuwcsdr in Hyderabad, Anguilla

Updated 8 months ago

Pft - 2 Replies

I received an email that I passed my written exam. Is the pft exam difficult?

akirklin84 in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 8 months ago

nys 2015 correction officer academy - 2 Replies

Hey does anyone on here know when the next nys correction academy is? Was cleared for everything but didn't receive a letter to start the academy.

xboxer in Cactus, Arizona

Updated 8 months ago

expungement - 1 Reply

I go for my background interview tomorrow in Baltimore Maryland but I'm stumped. The application asks if you've ever been convicted of any crime...

ianbellz in Brawley, California

Updated 8 months ago

man... been in the process for 2 years now... - 1 Reply

i am not even sure it will be worth it... applied march of 2013... "never" received email to take written test, so that got pushed back 6...

Running1987 in Waterbury, Connecticut

Thinking of taking the Mass D.O.C. exam

It is a lot of change to take the exam, but most Mass exams are like that. Anyone know how the hiring process goes? Anyone know how many people they...

Andrea in Stockton, California

Updated 8 months ago

December accademy - 636 Replies

Has any one recived offers for the December accademy yet?

mil00091 in Palmdale, California

Updated 8 months ago

February 2015 academy CDCR - 89 Replies

I think jan academy is full, and for those of us who didn't get any offers we might get the Feb academy. Hopefully :) what do u guys think???

How long does the hiring process take for a Juvenille Probation Officer in Fl?

I applied and submitted for the position of a JPO in November 2014, I was ecstatic of the fact that I got an interview. I dont believe that went well...

Amy in Madison, Mississippi

Updated 8 months ago

antidepressants and hiring - 1 Reply

Hey everyone, I am currently in the hiring process to be a probation/parole agent. At the begining of the year, I started on Wellbutrin XL because...

Algees in Ontario, California

Updated 8 months ago

CDCR - Firearms - 2 Replies

Hi All, Can anyone tell me what firearms are used during training in the academy? Thank you

renemonma in San Francisco, California

Updated 8 months ago

Color vision cdcr - 2 Replies

I'm currently in the process for cdcr and had a question to those who took the color vision test....I'm red green color deficient. Can't pass the...

shay in Houston, Texas

texas law on being a felon

Can I be a cocorrection officer if I had a felon in 1993.

andreina from strathmore in Sacramento, California

Updated 8 months ago

Oral Interview - 234 Replies

I'm taking my Oral Interview 4-1-08 in the State of Michigan. How long does the interview last? I was told about 2 hours? I am currently studing...

vanessa house in palmdale, California

Updated 9 months ago

February academy offers? - 2 Replies

Has anyone got offers for the February academy?

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.