Corrections Officer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (444) - Start a Discussion

Fernando Betancourt in Pomona, California

Updated 10 months ago

CDCR Process questions please advise! - 1 Reply

My husband is currently waiting to hear results from his psych interview. Up to this point nothing much has changed. However, he had to advise his BI...

Pconnerj@hotmail.com in Highlands, Texas

Updated 10 months ago

Jobs for felons - 2 Replies

Does anybody know of any companies or businesses in the Denver Metro area that will hire a felon? My drug conviction was over 5 years ago and I can...

Jack Johnson2000 in Modesto, California

Question about physical training at the academy

Hello, I am interested in becoming a corrections officer in CA. I had an injury several years ago and am wondering how rigorous the academy training...

yanks22 in Monticello, New York

when i should get called ?

Does anyone know if you took your 1 on 1 this month when i should be called for the academy?

Bcrawfo in Soledad, California

Updated 10 months ago

POPE timeframe - 11 Replies

I had my POPE on 7/29/14 and I was wondering how long it has been taking to get a call or email for the next step. It was my last step and was...

TG in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 10 months ago

CDCR Academy question, physical training - 1 Reply

I have a question, will i lose weight during the academy? I am not overweigh but i would like to know if physical training will make me lose a few...

Updated 10 months ago

December 2013 applicants - 5 Replies

Is anyone else a December 2013 applicant? And where are you in the process this far? Thank you

Updated 10 months ago

Corrections written test - 27 Replies

Hi guys I recently took the correctional officer written test. My questions is how long does it take to get back results to see if you passed? They...

BigMike831 in Marina, California

Updated 11 months ago

Just got an email for 9/8 Academy - 45 Replies

Just got an email to attend the Sept. 8th academy in Galt for CTF or Old Soledad prison. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Anyone else going...

Big F in Fresno, California

Updated 11 months ago

When is the drug test In the CDCR hiring process?? - 5 Replies

I passed the initial written exam and have my PFT 7/14/14. When should I expect to be drug tested?

TG in Thiensville, Wisconsin

Updated 11 months ago

CDCR Uniform/Required Gear - 1 Reply

Hey guys, I am attending the Sept. 8th academy and have nearly finished all the final steps in the process. One of the last things I need to do is...

Blue in Castro Valley, California

Updated 11 months ago

CDCR pay and RANK question - 1 Reply

Does anybody have an idea of how does the rank structure works and is there any charts that says how much i will be making after 4 years? I know the...

EMAW11 in Chula Vista, California

Updated 11 months ago

cdcr august 2014 academy - 5 Replies

Anyone get called for the august 2014 academy???

Jeremy in Kansas City, Missouri

Updated 11 months ago

Background check - 4 Replies

Hey guys I hope someone can answer me. Can the background check see a 5150 I acquired when I was an adolescent. I was 16 and very immature at the...

Amwb17nc in Tulare, California

Updated 11 months ago

CDCR ACADEMY JUNE 2013 - 31 Replies

Who is was selected for June academy?

dingoWarrior in Manteca, California

Updated 11 months ago

cdcr questions - 4 Replies

Hey guys, I have some questions. I just enlist with the national guard ship out on oct 27 and I think I'll be back around Jan end of the month. I...

JAM32 in Fontana, California

Updated 11 months ago

Priors with completed court program - 1 Reply

So I have decided to try for cdcr, everything about it sounds great and I am very excited. About me: 29, male, 6yrs marine corps res, veteran status,...

blue in Fresno, California

Updated 11 months ago

July 14, 2014 Academy - 80 Replies

has anybody received their confirmation letter after accepting a prison?

David in Ceres, California

Updated 12 months ago

PFT CDCR - 15 Replies

ANY ADVICE? I TAKE MINES MONDAY IN ONTARIO

kayno23 in Manteca, California

PFT on 7/16/2014??? sacramento

PFT on 7/16/2014??? location- Sacramento

Deez USC in Los Angeles, California

Updated 12 months ago

CDCR Graduates Q&A - 5 Replies

A place for CDCR applicants to ask questions to CDCR graduates

nick in Citrus Heights, California

Updated 12 months ago

High school/GED and college transcripts - 1 Reply

I have followed this forum for quite some time and have gained alot of valuable information. I just recently passed my written exam this week and am...

ChasingDreams in Los Angeles, California

PFT July 14

Anyone taking their PFT July 14 in Fresno?

standby in stanislaus in Modesto, California

Updated 12 months ago

CDCR 2014 - 5 Replies

Anyone taken written psych in nor cal in April and been called for PEM or oral scheduling?

Paul in Visalia, California

Juvenile Hall probation correctional officer

Hi, I have my oral interview next week for juvenile hall probation correctional officer. what kind of questions do they ask you for the oral...

jorge in Salinas, California

Updated 13 months ago

California Vision test - 4 Replies

what does the vision test consist of? Do they test color too?

asha in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 13 months ago

new york state correction officer physical? - 9 Replies

Does anyone know whats on the correction officer physical. One video on youtube showed dragging and lifting dummies, stairs, jumping over a low...

Lrod8447 in Bakersfield, California

Oral pope

Hey guys I just got the call for my oral pope for June 11th what all should I expect for that interview?

Garland81 in Palmdale, California

After prints

What happens after your finger prints how long will it be before the next step and how will they contact you??

Ryan in Stockton, California

Updated 13 months ago

Hearing test - 1 Reply

I just did my PEM on the 9th I'm wondering how long does it take to know if you need to retake hearing test I felt I might have failed

determined14 in Modesto, California

Updated 14 months ago

How to prepare for the Physical Abilities Test. - 3 Replies

I applied for the Correctional officer position at Merced County and I was wondering if anyone knew what the Physical Abilities test consist of or...

Blk Marauder in Baltimore, Maryland

Updated 14 months ago

PA DOC - PAT / MMPI TEST - 6 Replies

Can anyone say how long it takes to receive PAT / MMPI test scores? How much longer for the academy?

pooh honey in Fair Oaks, California

Updated 14 months ago

Arrests vs. convictions questions on CDCR application - 3 Replies

The CDCR application asks "Have you been in possession of any illegal substances in the past 10 years". I replied no because I wasn't sure how to...

Lizette Fair Oaks CA in Fair Oaks, California

Updated 14 months ago

October 2013 Applicants...report your status - 14 Replies

To all applicants who applied on October 2013, where are you in the hiring process? I applied October 4th and I am waiting on a call to schedule my...

Kclyburn in Hayward, California

Interview

I'm having an interview soon, does anyone knows what kind of questions they ask?

Syntaxerror in Los Angeles, California

Riverside County Sheriff's Department Correctional Deputy/DS

Anyone in the process with RSD for the position of Sheriff's Deputy Trainee or Correctional Deputy? I applied 03/30/14, took the written exam...

mary in Long Beach, California

background check info

Does anyone now of a good site that I can open my credit report and print it? And I have moved a lot and don't remember some of my resident...

Ryan in Zephyrhills, Florida

Code Enforcement

I'd like to ask. Is there anybody on this forum who is or who has pursued this field? I do understand this field is mostly within the public sector,...

DK in Citrus Heights, California

Updated 15 months ago

Cdcr psychological and medical 2013 and 2014 applicants - 3 Replies

anyone notified that they passed or only if they fail? How is this process working? I got scheduled my psych first then my medical almost a month...

Chris in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Updated 15 months ago

Show me the money... - 264 Replies

What are typical corrections officer salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this...

Brian in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Wisconsin that bad?

Doing a little research and reading some terrible comments about working corrections in Wisconsin? Is it really that bad, and how so? Is it working...

abcd in Sacramento, California

Do I have a chance to became CO if I have accent?

Any CO out there whose English is a second language? Thanks

Lizette Fair Oaks CA in sacramento, California

Updated 15 months ago

March 24th Academy - Galt - 1 Reply

Anyone starting the Academy on March 24th? I just got notified last week and am getting all my stuff together. Curious if anyone has any tips or...

dmhxtreme in Waterford, California

advice for someone starting the Academy

Any suggestions or advice for someone starting the Academy? I start on March 24th and would appreciate any feedback, advice, or suggestions you may...

Correstion-Officer-Recruit in Sacramento, California

Finicial Issues

Hi everyone, I recently applied for a correction officer position and I want some advice regarding financial issues. My wife and I owe welfare some...

tiffany in Riverside, California

Updated 16 months ago

CDCR POPE Test on Feb, 2013 - 16 Replies

Okay, ive took my pope exam around february 2013, and since then have not heard a single thing from CDCR. is there anyone out there in the same boat...

davidfreeyer in Baltimore, Maryland

Updated 16 months ago

CORRECTONAL OFFICERS - 1 Reply

DO CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS IN TENN GET PAID TRAINING AND PAID UNIFORMS? Thanks for your reply!

heyy in Los Angeles, California

Updated 17 months ago

help! - 1 Reply

I have a phisycal test on Monday for cdcr I have to present my Highschool Transcripts and college as well.. I got them both, but I opened my college...

Lrod8447 in Taft, California

Interview

Hey guys I got a call yesterday 02/06/14 I go in Monday for my pre investigatory interview. What should I expect a lil nervous here

appliedin2011

Updated 17 months ago

Has anyone received any information on the MARCH 2011 ACADEMY in California? - 873 Replies

Hello all fellow cadets that did not make the cut off for the January Academy, we can use this forum to chat about going to the March 2011 Academy!

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.