Corrections Officer Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (668) - Start a Discussion

Kwight in Seattle, Washington

Updated 12 months ago

Video Assessment for the DOC - 147 Replies

I have a video assessment at the end of the month for a corrections position and I am STOKED! My question is, what do I wear to the assessment? I'm...

Bea in Fresno, California

Updated 12 months ago

cdcr August 24th 2015 academy - 1434 Replies

Next academy should be August 24. First offers, based on past offers, should go out on July 10th. The class should be on the master calendar about...

vilavilla in El Cerrito, California

Updated 12 months ago

Hey guys! Any one else take the voice stress analysis test? - 13 Replies

If you have how did it go? They said I had minor deception on 2 of the questions, but they didn't make it seem like a big deal. We discussed the...

tinom in Manteca, California

Updated 13 months ago

CDCR Sept 8th academy - 739 Replies

Who's headed to the Sept 8th academy? I accepted an offer to High Desert

Lewis in Los Angeles, California

Updated 13 months ago

discrepancy call - 2 Replies

I just received an email that i have been scheduled for a DC....any info on what it entails?

Nc916s in Sacramento, California

Updated 13 months ago

CDCR - Social Media - 1 Reply

Does anyone see have a facebook page or any other social media account being a problem? Not with CDCR but with convicts. Convicts seeing you and...

Sg22 in Madera, California

Updated 13 months ago

CDCR APRIL 12th academy - 15 Replies

Anybody else going April 12th??? Accepted pelican bay lets get it!

Cabucabu in San Jose, California

Updated 13 months ago

Detention officer job - 1 Reply

Help me pls, does anyone have an idea of the process of detention officer recruitment in Maryland,I just got an email to come in for the exam. Thank...

blng_blng in Huntington Beach, California

Updated 13 months ago

Thoughts on week 1 - 2 Replies

If you live in SoCal; either drive up in Sunday or carpool. The 400 mile drive, alone, is fatiguing. Duty belt and Sam Brown are two (different...

I made it

Heads up if ur driving from SoCal alone... 424 miles by yourself is a grind I am at the best western... I have two beds If anyone needs a room...

lafeyita in Ontario, California

Updated 13 months ago

California CDCR Academy 2016 cleared after new year Jan (Cleared people only) - 3 Replies

Hey everybody (Cleared Only) lets help each other and figure out where they are with the CDCR hiring cycles everybody post your cleared...

Rica25 in Tulare, California

CDCR Academy equipment for Sale

CDCR Academy equipment for SALE - Like NEW only used 4 months 3 large regular green long sleeve tactical shirts 1 2XL winter jacket w/ patches,...

Opssup in Visalia, California

CDCR - Retirement Plans

Does anyone have any info on how the retirement plans work? More specifically 401k. I know state employees contribute to a calpers account, but on...

Mrander in Bakersfield, California

Updated 13 months ago

Still Waiting for an assignment - 10 Replies

Cleared 12/22/15 score of 75. Put any facilities. Who else is still waiting?

anyone in socal goin to march academy.?

trying to split the cost on the hotel room for next monday night... and car pooler... let me know.... i am in corona...

LOLOw in Bakersfield, California

CDCR

FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE LOOKING FOR WORKOUT BUDDIES IN EVERY CITY

Matthew Royce in Centereach, New York

Does corrections in NY do a hair folicle test.

I quit smoking last yr but a hair folicle can go back 4 years. Do they do a hair folicle test for corrections in NYC or NYS or just a urine test....

Updated 14 months ago

Anyone who is going to the March CDCR academy... Let's hook up - 1 Reply

Car pool, collaborate... Etc... Go half on a hotel room on 03/14/2016...

Sg22 in El Dorado Hills, California

Updated 14 months ago

CDCR April 2015 Academy - 4 Replies

Starting a New Discussion for those of us still waiting our academy dates....GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

JanuaryChantel in Newark, New Jersey

Updated 14 months ago

Show me the money... - 271 Replies

What are typical corrections officer salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this...

Adam

What to excpect now after passing background investigation.

anyone let me know what to expect from the Written Peace Officer Psychological and Vision Screening. What should I prepare for? Do I get drug...

Jeffjmarra in Utica, New York

Updated 14 months ago

Ny corrections - 2 Replies

I report for the 3/7 academy not 2/7 , typo ,

Jwelch504

Correctional

Any word on when CO classes will start in Connecticut

Sev

Ny corrections

Just got the call for the 2/7 Albany academy, scored a 90 and about 27 wks post 1 on 1,,,,,,,

1/2 on a hotel room the day before the academy...

March academy... I am in SoCal...

Mike Lova

NYS corrections officer interview grooming questions

I received my nys corrections officer packet in the mail today and I go on the 25th of Feb for my medical/agility and my interview. I know I have to...

Mike Lova

Updated 14 months ago

Grooming questions for interview. - 1 Reply

I received my nys corrections officer packet in the mail today and I go on the 25th of Feb for my medical/agility and my interview. I know I have to...

Sev

Nys corrections

Does anyone know when the next round of calls might be goin out or when the next academy might start (scored a 90 and 1on 1 was Late August ) still...

Sev

Nys corrections

Does anyone know when the next round of calls might be goin out or when the next academy might start (scored a 90 and 1on 1 was Late August ) still...

Anyone in SoCal going to the March academy?

Trying to collaborate

Opssup in Visalia, California

Updated 14 months ago

Cdcr - 3 Replies

Does anyone one if you don't pass your oral with the psychologist how long does it take them to tell you didn't pass just curious.

Who lives in SoCal & is going to the March CDCR academy?

I got CIM We could car pool up there, train together and/or generally help each other out...

Chiefalc in Sacramento, California

Updated 14 months ago

Pft - 4 Replies

Ok so I have to take the PFT in two weeks! I'm overweight but I've been training a bit and can do the distance today in 4:15 seconds! On a incline of...

bb204 in Essex, Maryland

Written Exam

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the written exam is like(especially the math portion)? I was sent an email saying that I met the...

jkaur in San Jose, California

Updated 14 months ago

juvenile/probation officer exam - 10 Replies

Has anyone taken this exam in Georgia? I have to take it on Thursday and just wanted to know what to expect. I'm not a psychology or criminal justice...

Wifey in Carmichael in California

Updated 15 months ago

CDCR FEB 2015 Academy - 1106 Replies

Hopefully we all get in!

Baylet in Fresno, California

Updated 15 months ago

failed the psychological interview for ca. correction, has anyone ever failed it and took a second - 14 Replies

Has anyone failed the psychological interview and paid for a second one on their own.? What are my chances of passing the second one and does anyone...

Sg22 in Rocklin, California

Updated 15 months ago

Just finished my first week. Any questions just ask. - 7 Replies

Let me know if I can help.

R1rudy in visalia, California

Updated 15 months ago

CdCr written exam - 108 Replies

I take the written exam for cdcr in September so can somebody tell me how hard it is ???

CDCR16

Updated 15 months ago

Questions for people who already graduated the academy! - 15 Replies

This forum helped me a lot. If anyone has any questions regarding the academy, just ask here and I'll answer them.

Running1987 in Springfield, Massachusetts

NY State Corrections

Thinking of applying for the exam coming up in April. Wondering if it is worth it. Passed up a CO job in my state a few year's back for a job...

geeettt in visa, California

Updated 16 months ago

Divorce and Academy - 3 Replies

My wife wants to file for divorce, I've cleared the entire process and awaiting institution, does anyone know how this will effect the process? I was...

dt in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 16 months ago

Nys Correction officer hiring process. - 1 Reply

I took the nys corrections officer trainee exam in Jan. 2015 and just got my canvas letter today, Dec. 23rd 2015. My question is how after I send...

Jason88 in Carson, California

Updated 16 months ago

Cdcr December (15th?) 2015 academy - 1230 Replies

First offers will probably go out last week or two of october. Academy pay and start pay is higher. Used to be 17.61/hr academy now it's 18.30/hr...

Khina C in Jacksonville, Florida

Correction officer

How long does the canvas take

Khina C in Jacksonville, Florida

Corrections

How long does it take for them to do a canvas

Updated 16 months ago

December 2014 - Academy Uniform - 1 Reply

So where I'm from (Paso Robles) the lady at the uniform shop said that 5.11 pants were approved for the uniform. Information per Sacramento. Anyone...

Updated 16 months ago

Correction Uniforms and Supplies - 3 Replies

We should start a thread that we can keep going that will help others find cheap or nearby places in their areas regarding where they can find the...

Updated 16 months ago

CDCR Oral POPE - 58 Replies

Hello there. This is my first time posting- so bear with me. I finally completed my Oral POPE on 9/17/15. I was wondering how long until I am...

M in Hesperia, California

Updated 16 months ago

CDCR - 1 Reply

I just took written exam for CO. It's my second try. About 8 years ago I was dq'ed for negative police contact. The investigator told me to reapply...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.