2014 Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Gonz

11 months ago

Hello ladies and Gent.

So I applied back In March 2013. I just finished all the process. Got a email on 01/09/2014 that I was done with the process that they would forward my stuff to CDCR for final review. Anyone in here knows what happens next, how's the process from here on work and how long does it take to hear from them. Does that mean you will get a job offer? Does anyone know what prisons there assigning or are available.Any info would help. Thanks, Am hoping to make the February Academy. Anyone that applied back in 2013 where do you guys stand?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California

11 months ago

I don't really have answers to your questions... but I applied back in March also. I'm scheduled for my PEM at the end of February. I still have to be scheduled for my oral psych. I'm hoping they call and push everything up so I can make the March academy. You're very lucky to be done already. Congrats!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gonzo

11 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I don't really have answers to your questions... but I applied back in March also. I'm scheduled for my PEM at the end of February. I still have to be scheduled for my oral psych. I'm hoping they call and push everything up so I can make the March academy. You're very lucky to be done already. Congrats!! :)

Thanks dude, good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cmoss76 in Chico, California

11 months ago

I'm in backgrounds applied in August. I read in another one of the forums someone posted they were offered San Quinton, Susanville, Stockton Medical, Ironwood, Folsom, Palican Bay, but they ended up accepting Pleasant Valley.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joeyandevita in La Quinta, California

11 months ago

Hi There! My husband just got a call 5 days ago that he was ready for the academy January 2014. They offered San Quentin, Pelican Bay, and Susanville. Does anyone know if once in, is it to hard to transfer? We are in the Riverside and Imperial County and there is nothing available anywhere near us. Also, once starting the academy do they get paid once a month also?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

onfriday in Westwood, California

11 months ago

The state pay once a month, the 1st, any extra pay like over time is on the 15th. I think the handbook says while in the academy pay is on the 15th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

frank85 in Riverside, California

11 months ago

How long after the medical or psych did your husband receive the job offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mtz13Mad in El Centro, California

10 months ago

I applied March 2013, I was offered a position at HDSP in Susanville, I start academy at the end of February. I from the Imperial Valley, so I'm going far away from this place, lol

southpolejetta in Culver City, California

1 month ago

I have tested before and didn't score well at all. I didn't study for the test at all, I thought I could take it and pass, but boy was I wrong. So does anyone have any suggestions for myself if I have the test coming on the 12th of Nov?? I do have the Barons Correctional Exam Boo,does that really help??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.