Alabama DOC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

looking. in Montgomery, Alabama

34 months ago

Hello,

I am 19 and will be putting in my application as a Correctional Officer Trainee with ADOC.

I have a few questions and any information is greatly appreciated.

What is the written examination like?

I know the conduct the Written exam and the physical ability/agility test on the same day, but when do you take the medical exam?

What is the medical exam like?

Is a psychological exam conducted and if so, what is it like?

How long does the process take from the first test day to getting a job?
I know they are in desperate need for employees at this time.

Also, what are the best facilities to work with in the state?

Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

looking. in Montgomery, Alabama

34 months ago

Any info greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SENIOR Officer in Prattville, Alabama

32 months ago

What is the written examination like?**** A reading/comprehension test with a little math and map reading multiple choice test.

I know they conduct the Written exam and the physical ability/agility test on the same day, but when do you take the medical exam? ***** The medical is performed after you have passed all your physical ablilty/agility requirements

What is the medical exam like?**** The taking of B/P, vitals, eye screening, hearing and piss drug screen...the basic

Is a psychological exam conducted and if so, what is it like? ***** N/A

How long does the process take from the first test day to getting a job?***** I underwent the process in October 2008, I was hired on March 2009..If u are aggressive ur time can be quicker

I know they are in desperate need for employees at this time.

Also, what are the best facilities to work with in the state? Staton CF, Elmore CF, Frank Lee WR, all of Elmore County... Kilby CF, Red Eagle Honor Camp, both in Montgomery County...
By Pass Draper of Elmore County if given the option (I warned u)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jimmy in Montgomery, Alabama

26 months ago

I got a question about corrections officer i failed the physical test but i think i passed the written test will. I need to know will i be allowed to work or will i have to wait until the next test date to retake the physical abilities test?

thanks

Tommy Watkins c/o (Draper) in Prattville, Alabama

26 months ago

Q: I got a question about corrections officer i failed the physical test but i think i passed the written test will. I need to know will i be allowed to work or will i have to wait until the next test date to retake the physical abilities test?

A: Jimmy, you will be required to pass all phases of the physical examination before being hired.. Best of Luck

Larry in Prattville, Alabama

24 months ago

hey im going to the next onsite testing and if i pass all of the tests when do you think i will start the academy?? and How long will it be before i start working??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in West Chester, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Larry in Prattville, Alabama said: hey im going to the next onsite testing and if i pass all of the tests when do you think i will start the academy?? and How long will it be before i start working??

I am wondering the same thing. I am going down to the Oct 5th testing at Bibb. Good luck to you Larry!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T. Watkins (ADOC) in Prattville, Alabama

23 months ago

Larry in Prattville, Alabama said: hey im going to the next onsite testing and if i pass all of the tests when do you think i will start the academy?? and How long will it be before i start working??

A: Larry, I would strongly advise you to contact someone within the ADOC Personel division to expedite the hiring process once you are done with the preliminary requirements. There is a huge need for new officers..Best of Luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.