CDCR 2013 process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 118)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Brian in Fresno in Fresno, California

24 months ago

I took the pft of may 14th and the written and livescan on the 28th of may. Still waiting for a call or email. The lady who did my fingerprints said the next step is background checks. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California

24 months ago

Brian in Fresno in Fresno, California said: I took the pft of may 14th and the written and livescan on the 28th of may. Still waiting for a call or email. The lady who did my fingerprints said the next step is background checks. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

How did you score on the written?
yeah I took my pft may1, did the written and livescan june 18 and now just wait for background check....I wonder how soon they plan on giving academies to the ones that applied 2013? does anyone know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I scored an 80 out of 96 on the written which I was a little disappointed with but at least I passed. Still wish I would have scored in the 90's. When I did the PFT one of the guys there who was also doing the test said two of his friends are currently in the academy. They heard from the instructors there that they are going to try to push alot of people through fairly quickly because they are so short staffed. Also the new facility in Stockton needs CO's. Take that with a grain of salt though, this was just some guy not anyone who works with the CDCR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Brian in Fresno in Fresno, California said: I scored an 80 out of 96 on the written which I was a little disappointed with but at least I passed. Still wish I would have scored in the 90's. When I did the PFT one of the guys there who was also doing the test said two of his friends are currently in the academy. They heard from the instructors there that they are going to try to push alot of people through fairly quickly because they are so short staffed. Also the new facility in Stockton needs CO's. Take that with a grain of salt though, this was just some guy not anyone who works with the CDCR.

Well my boyfriend is a co too and what u say is what he says I was just wondering if someone here knew a little more about how long (time frame) they gonna take with our process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

That is good to hear that there is some truth to what I heard. What did you score on the written?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sv in Fresno, California

24 months ago

Called the number to sacramento office , got through to an investigator and ask what was the next step for the people who just took test in 2013 she said they are going to be assigning background investigator soon.... This was last week.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doc in New York, New York

24 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Well my boyfriend is a co too and what u say is what he says I was just wondering if someone here knew a little more about how long (time frame) they gonna take with our process.

for people applying this year, I know a lot of us that applied back in 2011 are finally getting through to the academy so not trying to be negative but I doubt you'll get processed in under a year unless cdcr really gets their stuff together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mando in El Segundo, California

24 months ago

Hey I met my background investigator on Thursday everything went well all my references received letters from my investigator asking questions how they know me act and he said he will be giving me a call if he has any qustion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

When did you take your physical and written?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Martin Landeros in Los Angeles, California

23 months ago

I was wondering the same thing just the other day, I haven't heard anything since I took fingerprints in April. Just yesterday a close friend of mine told me she received a letter from a investigator. I'm assuming that I should hear from an investigator once he/she receives all the letters???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Martin Landeros in Los Angeles, California said: I was wondering the same thing just the other day, I haven't heard anything since I took fingerprints in April. Just yesterday a close friend of mine told me she received a letter from a investigator. I'm assuming that I should hear from an investigator once he/she receives all the letters???

Really?! I called them last week and they told me they were calling by score. What was your written score?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

I didn't finish the test. I was still about 10 away from completing the whole test. I ran out of time. The overall score score for me was 80 and I received an 80. I believe if I'm correct, all of the ones I answered were all correct.

23 months ago

Martin Landeros in Los Angeles, California said: I didn't finish the test. I was still about 10 away from completing the whole test. I ran out of time. The overall score score for me was 80 and I received an 80. I believe if I'm correct, all of the ones I answered were all correct.

Yeah I got an 80 too. They told me it might be 3-6months before getting to BI, so it's just waiting now. Have you called them?

23 months ago

No I haven't called them. I've just been patiently waiting. Also just searching around online, that's how I ran across this forum.

23 months ago

Martin Landeros in Los Angeles, California said: No I haven't called them. I've just been patiently waiting. Also just searching around online, that's how I ran across this forum.

Ah ok. Well hopefully they contact us soon cause I'm so anxious to start my career in law enforcement.

23 months ago

Yeah same here! If I hear anything or get info I will post on this forum. Good luck!!!

mike in Salinas, California

23 months ago

hello everyone i met my BI already back in june . he said he will get back at me if he needs information regarding my background investigation its been 2 months since i met him and still nothing new

ATT in San Jose, California

23 months ago

mike in Salinas, California said: hello everyone i met my BI already back in june . he said he will get back at me if he needs information regarding my background investigation its been 2 months since i met him and still nothing new

you can call and ask? if he needs anything he will call you. if there is nothing wrong they will send you a letter that tell you are cleared for the background investigation ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Glendale, California

23 months ago

ATT in San Jose, California said: you can call and ask? if he needs anything he will call you. if there is nothing wrong they will send you a letter that tell you are cleared for the background investigation ...

How long does it usually take to get clear for a B.I.?

23 months ago

it depends on your background mine take about 6 months after the interview

Doc in Daly City, California

23 months ago

I turned my stuff in Oct 2011, talked to my BI and then heard nothing.
Got a letter in March 2012 that I was cleared through background.

From what my analyst is saying, CDCR is ramping up but I just don't know how long it will take those of you who applied this year. Seems like they're hiring most of the people who applied back in 2010 still. I applied in May 2011.

23 months ago

Doc in Daly City, California said: I turned my stuff in Oct 2011, talked to my BI and then heard nothing.
Got a letter in March 2012 that I was cleared through background.

From what my analyst is saying, CDCR is ramping up but I just don't know how long it will take those of you who applied this year. Seems like they're hiring most of the people who applied back in 2010 still. I applied in May 2011.

how do you contact/email analyst? i dont even know who is my analyst. I just call 916 number and ask for question. Is it the same thing or any differences?

22 months ago

ATT in San Jose, California said: how do you contact/email analyst? i dont even know who is my analyst. I just call 916 number and ask for question. Is it the same thing or any differences?

well I emailed the OPOS customer service number and my analyst replied back to me and said she was my analyst for medical. so now I have a contact person.

This is the first time I've had a point of contact since my background investigator but even still I only talked to him twice.

22 months ago

sorry OPOS customer service email

K Cifuentes in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

I applied in Oct 2010 & scored an 85 on my written. I've passed everything except my oral physc & medical exam. I'm currently waiting to hear if I cleared my medical which I took about 3 weeks ago. I believe my next step would be the oral physc & I'm done. We'll see what location they'll offer me. (Anxious!) lol Good Luck everyone!!

22 months ago

K Cifuentes in Los Angeles, California said: I applied in Oct 2010 & scored an 85 on my written. I've passed everything except my oral physc & medical exam. I'm currently waiting to hear if I cleared my medical which I took about 3 weeks ago. I believe my next step would be the oral physc & I'm done. We'll see what location they'll offer me. (Anxious!) lol Good Luck everyone!!

you are for sure okay with the medical component if you dont hear from the right away. keep your phone with you someone will call you for the psy interview...good luck!

Dwarfscars57 in Charlotte, North Carolina

22 months ago

ATT in San Jose, California said: you are for sure okay with the medical component if you dont hear from the right away. keep your phone with you someone will call you for the psy interview...good luck!

I did my PFT back in may and i just got a call from my BI, just did the pre-invetigatory background interview about 2 weeks ago.

ATT in Valley Springs, California

22 months ago

Dwarfscars57 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I did my PFT back in may and i just got a call from my BI, just did the pre-invetigatory background interview about 2 weeks ago.

It took awhile ... Ask your relatives and references receive anything

Dwarfscars57 in Santa Clara, California

22 months ago

I live in Santa Clara

22 months ago

Dwarfscars57 in Santa Clara, California said: I live in Santa Clara

SORRY I DID MY FINGERPRINTS BACK IN MAY NOT MY PFT

22 months ago

Dwarfscars57 in Santa Clara, California said: SORRY I DID MY FINGERPRINTS BACK IN MAY NOT MY PFT

Does anybody know how long the backgrounds take and whats next??

ATT in Valley Springs, California

22 months ago

Dwarfscars57 in Santa Clara, California said: Does anybody know how long the backgrounds take and whats next??

Take up to 6 months then pope written

Khan in Ceres, California

19 months ago

Hey guys I applied in march of 2013 and pass the written test 80... yeah I ran out of time too... anyways I'm up for BI interview on 11-18-13... so I will update u guys after that.... hopefully it won't take too long since this is my third time trying... hopefully the third time is charm... good luck guys...

CDCR_84 in Yuba City, California

19 months ago

Khan in Ceres, California said: Hey guys I applied in march of 2013 and pass the written test 80... yeah I ran out of time too... anyways I'm up for BI interview on 11-18-13... so I will update u guys after that.... hopefully it won't take too long since this is my third time trying... hopefully the third time is charm... good luck guys...

Why is this your third time trying if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with your interview!

khan in Ceres, California

19 months ago

CDCR_84 in Yuba City, California said: Why is this your third time trying if you don't mind me asking? Good luck with your interview!

Thanks, Well first time my background investigator said I needed AA degree and that was the reason I was disqualify and the second time I had driver license suspended twice in last five years... and for that the second time... so God willing this time I might get as I heard they need lots of people.... So stay motivated guys.

chiquita3_25@hotmail.com in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

Hey guys I applied in march, took my pft in may, written in june, background check since then. Last week I talked to my bi and he said he was sending out letters in a week or so. Is anyone else in same boat?

19 months ago

what was ur written score? should people with score of 80s worry?

chiquita3_25@hotmail.com in Lamont, California

19 months ago

khan in Ceres, California said: what was ur written score? should people with score of 80s worry?

19 months ago

I don't know how they are selecting applicants. My bi said to br on the look out for medical and psych...

19 months ago

Has anyone else heard from Backgrounds?

19 months ago

chiquita3_25@hotmail.com in Lamont, California said: Has anyone else heard from Backgrounds?

I meet with my background this week.

ross in Lamont, California

19 months ago

Did u apply in march 2013?

19 months ago

i just watched the grad video cdcr has in their site and wow....only a few women out of a 58 ppl class.

19 months ago

Yes I've heard from my background I had a interview yesterday, she told me its going to take 90 days but it could take more six months.

SWAT in San Jose, California

19 months ago

SVSP needs officers. We are losing officers because many took advantage of the transfer window opportunity. SVSP is a good institution to learn and promote quick. New officers, prepare for double shifts (16 hours), you will get mandated to stay a double if the watch needs to fill jobs. If you get hired as a PIE, you will more than likely be rolled over to full time during your first week of block training.

19 months ago

does anybody know what they wanna know when they send the letters to ur employers. last employment I quit only giving one week notice

x_ibarra in Sacramento, California

19 months ago

I am a 2013 applicant and have my pope written test tomorrow.. anybody this far along? If so any advice on what im getting my self into?

19 months ago

x_ibarra in Sacramento, California said: I am a 2013 applicant and have my pope written test tomorrow.. anybody this far along? If so any advice on what im getting my self into?

Wow I'm from the same group but from southern Cali and I'm still in backgrounds. So did you do ur medical already?

x_ibarra in Elk Grove, California

19 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Wow I'm from the same group but from southern Cali and I'm still in backgrounds. So did you do ur medical already?

I got a letter when i passed my backgrounds saying i would be contacted for my medical but i got an email for my written physc first. Im waiting for a call to see if i passed or not. Any body know thr chances of us getting into the jan academy?

19 months ago

x_ibarra in Elk Grove, California said: I got a letter when i passed my backgrounds saying i would be contacted for my medical but i got an email for my written physc first. Im waiting for a call to see if i passed or not. Any body know thr chances of us getting into the jan academy?

I don't know about January academy since there are still a few that started the process back in 2010/2011, but I sure hope they start soon. My life is on hold meanwhile, I can't move because I'm in a month to month situation now and wouldn't want to have a lease, I don't want to move my kids from schools until I know where I'm beeing sent (hopefully I don't get dq'd). So yeah my life is on hold. Lol

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.