CDCR 2017 JUST PASSED WRITTEN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 171)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California

10 months ago

Hey Guys! Just wanted to start a forum to see who else is in the same stage as myself!
I took the written in Rancho Cucamonga on Jan.11, 17. Found out that I passed the next day and got scheduled for the PFT on Feb.16,17. I am somewhat nervous for the PFT but I been working out everyday. I hope and pray that this process moves quickly!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

mpes in Stockton, California

10 months ago

Realistically Most people's processes take around a year and a half on average it seems some go quicker some take longer, Just be patient.

Reply - Report abuse

dev123 in Bakersfield, California

10 months ago

Yeah I started in February 2015 and completed the process September 2017 made the November 30 2017 hiring list but no offers yet of course because my application Idevelopment starts with 5. Just hang in there turn in all that is asked of you in a timely manner and you'll be just fine! Good luck

Reply - Report abuse

Cash me ousside howbow dah in ESCONDIDO, California

9 months ago

I keep seeing people comment about application number being 5 or 9. What does that mean? My application starts with a 5.

Test 10/26/16
Passed Pft 12/20/16 (Was originally scheduled for 11/17/16 but had to reschedule)

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

I'm a 5 as well , not sure what that means. It's honestly scary reading the forums because everyone's situation is different. Just pray and keep pushing through ! Was the PFT pretty easy ?

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Yeah pretty scary what you read in here. Pft was pretty easy I am 38 years old haven't ran in a long time, didnt even train for it and passed. My calves where hurting afterwards though.

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

It's super scary lol I have mine scheduled for Feb 16th & have been trying to train like crazy. I'm only 20 but I haven't worked out excessively since high school.

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Run and don't skip leg day.

Reply - Report abuse

Darkgreen in Downey, California

9 months ago

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California said: It's super scary lol I have mine scheduled for Feb 16th & have been trying to train like crazy. I'm only 20 but I haven't worked out excessively since high school.

Dont stress over it, I saw people there that weren't in the best shape and they passed. Just start running now and you'll be okay. Also, some people have been in the process for almost two years and still need steps to complete, so everybody is different. Good luck.

Reply - Report abuse

missbarbie in Salinas, California

9 months ago

Hey Guys new to forum. 29yrs Female.
App. Date: 12/27/2016
Written Test: 1/25/2017 with a 75%
PFT Date: 2/13/2017

I heard 75% go through the process a lot more slower. :/

Reply - Report abuse

jdchang in Sanger, California

9 months ago

Written 6/17/2016 75%
PFT 07/11/2016
Finger prints 09/15/2016
Contacted by BI 01/06/2017

Waiting to clear background

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Wow does it normally take that long to be contacted by BI?

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

And how was the PFT ? Hard ?

Reply - Report abuse

karpedium in Santa Rosa, California

9 months ago

Howdy everyone,

Here is my timeline thus far:

Applied 07/2016, Northern District
Written Exam: 08/2016, Rank 1
PFT Originally Slated for 09/2016, but had to reschedule.
Physical Fitness Test: 10/31/2016
Pre-Investigatory Interview: 01/11/2017
CVSA: 01/11/2017
Livescan/Fingerprinting: 01/11/2017
Reference letters started arriving 02/11/2017.

Reply - Report abuse

sd1989 in San diego, California

9 months ago

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California said: And how was the PFT ? Hard ?

hey whats up,
i see your from chula vista! im from there aswell! ive been in the process for almost 2 years and im hitting my final step this wednesday wich is the psychological oral, everyones different..ive met individuals everytime i go up to my appointments that has taken them eternal to go from step to step and others that get contacted quick.

PFT is cake! its normal to be nervous.. dont stop and keep a steady pace give it your all towards the end.

and it took me 2 months to clear BACKROUND

GOOD LUCK! trust me when it i say you time will fly!

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

That's awesome your from Chula Vista as well. I'm so glad you responded because I am super nervous for the PFT I have this Thursday. Your so lucky your damn near done though! How exciting, are you trying to go to RJD?

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California said: That's awesome your from Chula Vista as well. I'm so glad you responded because I am super nervous for the PFT I have this Thursday. Your so lucky your damn near done though! How exciting, are you trying to go to RJD?

It would be nice to get that location, but at this point i think im willing to go anywhere!!
i have friends that got located in both RJD AND CENTINELA and they say that its better to just get in a relocate after. ive been in chula all my life so something new would be nice haha.

and dont stress on the PFT i think there was only 3 ppl that failed when i went but you could right away tell that they didnt take it serious

its literally a parking lot with cones, you start off by going up like 15 stairs and back down then you run threw like 150 yards of cones and finally do 25 yards with weights and come back.. thats i say give it your all at the end.

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

I wish it was that easy for me lol I just moved here and my husband is in the Navy. But wow! Thanks! I'm hoping I pass lol

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Didn't pass the PFT, honestly I tried as hard as I could but I have asthma pretty bad. I pulled over and threw up and kept coughing. Eventually ended up having to get checked out and getting a breathing treatment. I definitely recommend working out prior to taking your test and WOMEN PRACTICE THOSE WEIGHTS! I walked carrying them but if you can jog at a steady pace you will be fine, just push! I will try again in a year.. Just not my time right now :)

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Sorry to hear that.

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

It's totally fine! I was very upset at first but everyone has there time. I'm only 20 so it won't hurt to try again when I'm 21 lol.. At least I know what to expect now

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

You have lots of time. I am 38 well 39 in 8 days. I failed the polygraph twice for border patrol and was very upset cause its something I really wanted to do. 40 is their age limit. But crossing my fingers the corrections hires me

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

You wouldn't have made it this far to fail, you got it :) best of luck !

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Thanks. Keep training and you will pass it next time..

Reply - Report abuse

Darkgreen in Los Angeles, California

9 months ago

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California said: Didn't pass the PFT, honestly I tried as hard as I could but I have asthma pretty bad. I pulled over and threw up and kept coughing. Eventually ended up having to get checked out and getting a breathing treatment. I definitely recommend working out prior to taking your test and WOMEN PRACTICE THOSE WEIGHTS! I walked carrying them but if you can jog at a steady pace you will be fine, just push! I will try again in a year.. Just not my time right now :)

Sorry to hear that, at least you know what to expect next time around, keep your head up and train hard. You'll get it next time, good luck!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Jbone in Sacramento, California

9 months ago

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California said: Didn't pass the PFT, honestly I tried as hard as I could but I have asthma pretty bad. I pulled over and threw up and kept coughing. Eventually ended up having to get checked out and getting a breathing treatment. I definitely recommend working out prior to taking your test and WOMEN PRACTICE THOSE WEIGHTS! I walked carrying them but if you can jog at a steady pace you will be fine, just push! I will try again in a year.. Just not my time right now :)

Not to be a buzzkill, but having asthma (let alone bad asthma) will almost certainly be a DQ if you disclose that during your PEM exam.

Reply - Report abuse

Sandwicheswithmayo in Alameda, California

9 months ago

Not really. I am asthmatic and I was colorblind too. Granted, it was over 2 years ago. But I still passed all the tests. You just have to pace yourself.

Reply - Report abuse

jerryross in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

missbarbie in Salinas, California said: Hey Guys new to forum. 29yrs Female.
App. Date: 12/27/2016
Written Test: 1/25/2017 with a 75%
PFT Date: 2/13/2017

I heard 75% go through the process a lot more slower. :/

Did you pass your pft? I was number 15

Reply - Report abuse

jerryross in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

marvenapimper in Chula Vista, California said: It's totally fine! I was very upset at first but everyone has there time. I'm only 20 so it won't hurt to try again when I'm 21 lol.. At least I know what to expect now

What number were u

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

jerryross in Los Angeles, California said: Did you pass your pft? I was number 15

i scored 75.
just had my last step about a month ago and i am barely going to hit my 2 year mark this summer..

my BI said im looking at another possible year waiting

Reply - Report abuse

kalyn in RANCHO CUCAMONGA, California

8 months ago

Applied 5/16
Written 7/16 [90]
PFT 8/16
CVSA 10/16
Assigned BI 1/17
Cleared 2/17
Psych 3/17

Anyone know what I should expect for the Written Psych and Vision Test?

Reply - Report abuse

brendapaz in Riverside, California

8 months ago

Hi guys I am scheduled to take my written exam on 03/17/2017 I spoke to someone in rancho before I even applied to take the test and she informed me the new process is much faster then the old process and timeline can be between 3-9 months to be finished with everything. I am currently a state employee and she knew that so im not sure if that makes any difference I didn't ask but Ill keep you guys updated on my time line any pointers for the written exam I took the practice test and missed 4 out of the 20.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

brendapaz in Riverside, California said: Hi guys I am scheduled to take my written exam on 03/17/2017 I spoke to someone in rancho before I even applied to take the test and she informed me the new process is much faster then the old process and timeline can be between 3-9 months to be finished with everything. I am currently a state employee and she knew that so im not sure if that makes any difference I didn't ask but Ill keep you guys updated on my time line any pointers for the written exam I took the practice test and missed 4 out of the 20.

I think even 9 months with a new system is optimistic. No way it will be 3 months as the background check is allotted 3 months by itself. There are a lot of different things that can delay your process, especially in the background, psych, medical. If anything pops up you'll have to get documentation that can delay the process. Hopefully it's faster than the usual two year standard, but it's the state I wouldn't hold my breath.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Test: 10/26/2016
Pft: 12/20/2016
Got an email today, CVSA is scheduled for 04/07/2017

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Cash me ousside howbow dah in ESCONDIDO, California said: Test: 10/26/2016
Pft: 12/20/2016
Got an email today, CVSA is scheduled for 04/07/2017

Looks like you guys are going much faster than the older applicants. I took my PFT July, 2015 and didn't get my CVSA scheduled until May, 2016.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Tomorrow is my written test I'm nervous but hoping for the best.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Test isn't that hard, just pace yourself because its timed. It does take up some time because there's a lot of reading involved. Math is easy.

Reply - Report abuse

AlexTafolla in Bakersfield, California

8 months ago

Cash me ousside howbow dah in ESCONDIDO, California said: Test isn't that hard, just pace yourself because its timed. It does take up some time because there's a lot of reading involved. Math is easy.

I applied two weeks ago giving this career path a chance. I have my written test on Friday April 7th at the Fresno selection center, my husband just graduted from the academy in November 18th 2016, but he tells me its really easy and that everyone passes. Can anyone give me information who currently took test? How hard is it? I took the practice test 3 times and I missed 6 out of 20. Ill keep taking the practice test until the date of the exam.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

AlexTafolla in Bakersfield, California said: I applied two weeks ago giving this career path a chance. I have my written test on Friday April 7th at the Fresno selection center, my husband just graduted from the academy in November 18th 2016, but he tells me its really easy and that everyone passes. Can anyone give me information who currently took test? How hard is it? I took the practice test 3 times and I missed 6 out of 20. Ill keep taking the practice test until the date of the exam.

Hello I took the sample test just once cause I figured I would memorize the answers so it would useless. I have the test tomorrow in rancho. I'll comment tomorrow evening since my test is in the afternoon. And let you know how it went.

Reply - Report abuse

AlexTafolla in Bakersfield, California

8 months ago

brendapaz in Riverside, California said: Hello I took the sample test just once cause I figured I would memorize the answers so it would useless. I have the test tomorrow in rancho. I'll comment tomorrow evening since my test is in the afternoon. And let you know how it went.

Ok let me know how it goes and if you pass! I hope you pass wish you the best. I hope I pass mine in two weeks

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Study the sample test , the questions are formed the same way on the test. I thought the test was pretty easy just take your time. The questions will trip you up but re read everything. You guys got it, good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

AlexTafolla in Bakersfield, California said: Ok let me know how it goes and if you pass! I hope you pass wish you the best. I hope I pass mine in two weeks

I passed!!! I passed the test with an 80 I was shooting for 85 but I'm happy I passed above 75. I haven't gotten the email stating I passed but I logged on and saw it said I passed. The test is not hard just make sure you understand the question before you answer even if you have to re read it a couple times take your time I literally finished 5 minutes before time was up. We were told our physical agility test would be in April and we have to turn in our background packet that day and that the whole process now takes between 10-12 months let me know how you do on your test when you take it!

Reply - Report abuse

AlexTafolla in Lodi, California

8 months ago

brendapaz in Riverside, California said: I passed!!! I passed the test with an 80 I was shooting for 85 but I'm happy I passed above 75. I haven't gotten the email stating I passed but I logged on and saw it said I passed. The test is not hard just make sure you understand the question before you answer even if you have to re read it a couple times take your time I literally finished 5 minutes before time was up. We were told our physical agility test would be in April and we have to turn in our background packet that day and that the whole process now takes between 10-12 months let me know how you do on your test when you take it!

Congrats!! I hope I pass, my test is April 7th will be taking the pratice test all week to review. I took it twice and missed 6 out of 20 how hard was the math part? Do you have to pass it with an 80 now right?

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

AlexTafolla in Lodi, California said: Congrats!! I hope I pass, my test is April 7th will be taking the pratice test all week to review. I took it twice and missed 6 out of 20 how hard was the math part? Do you have to pass it with an 80 now right?

They are processing scores 70-75, but have stated they will move slower in the process than the higher scores.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Jbone in Sacramento, California said: They are processing scores 70-75, but have stated they will move slower in the process than the higher scores.

No rush, but passing part one would feel good and hope for the best after that. I just haven't taken a test in a while I'll try to get a high score thank you!

Reply - Report abuse

karpedium in Santa Rosa, California

8 months ago

What has been your experience with your background investigation? For example, family and employers started receiving reference letters last month, but friends and coworkers have received nothing. Last I checked, my investigator is getting my military records. When have people gone over their personal history statements with their investigator?

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

AlexTafolla in Lodi, California said: No rush, but passing part one would feel good and hope for the best after that. I just haven't taken a test in a while I'll try to get a high score thank you!

I can't speak for the new process speed as I applied two years ago, but processing speed is actually pretty important. Your application expires two years after you pass the written. I just cleared the process last month and my application expires in 3 months from now. There are over 1000 cleared applicants ready to go to the academy and an academy starts every 6 weeks with 125 cadets. Theoretically I may never get an offer before my application expires this summer. I hope you guys go through it faster, but there are many people on these forums shaking in their boots they went through two years of tests for nothing.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Jbone in Sacramento, California said: I can't speak for the new process speed as I applied two years ago, but processing speed is actually pretty important. Your application expires two years after you pass the written. I just cleared the process last month and my application expires in 3 months from now. There are over 1000 cleared applicants ready to go to the academy and an academy starts every 6 weeks with 125 cadets. Theoretically I may never get an offer before my application expires this summer. I hope you guys go through it faster, but there are many people on these forums shaking in their boots they went through two years of tests for nothing.

Hang in there! My husband cleared last year in feb 2016 and his last time to receive an offer was July 30th 2016, July 14 comes and he got his offer for the August-November academy and he had a low score and applied back in 2014. Once you wait they will give you something, they don't waste so much money and time on people for nothing. Just make sure you have open or any so you have a better chance of getting one sooner.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

karpedium in Santa Rosa, California said: What has been your experience with your background investigation? For example, family and employers started receiving reference letters last month, but friends and coworkers have received nothing. Last I checked, my investigator is getting my military records. When have people gone over their personal history statements with their investigator?

Besides the CVSA I only had a few phone conversations with my BI. There were two separate occasions he asked for documents. One for high school transcripts/proof of payment, IRS documents proving my previous employment (one company I worked for went out of business, so they could not call and verify my employment). Backgrounds is really passive, it's a wait and let your BI do all the work. The most important part is remembering to log everything. There are far too many people getting DQ'd for forgetting something and their BI finds out about it and it's marked as deception.

Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

AlexTafolla in Lodi, California said: Hang in there! My husband cleared last year in feb 2016 and his last time to receive an offer was July 30th 2016, July 14 comes and he got his offer for the August-November academy and he had a low score and applied back in 2014. Once you wait they will give you something, they don't waste so much money and time on people for nothing. Just make sure you have open or any so you have a better chance of getting one sooner.

I myself am not that worried because just as you said I put "any". That's a different story for many people who can only work at a select few institutions. I'm just trying to show that there is a difference of someone going through the process quicker vs slow. There are people who applied after me and got cleared months earlier. Their applications sometimes don't expire for a year. No matter how your splice it they have a better chance at an offer if we were the same in institution preferences.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.