Who is was selected for June academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cofrom909 in Highland, California

25 months ago

How long did it take u to get a job offer??? Where u going

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

junecadet

25 months ago

illchorizo in sacramento, California said: I'm going to June academy.

Where were you assigned to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

I havent been assigned yet

25 months ago

How long of a time frame did u get to buy your supplies

illchorizo in sacramento, California

25 months ago

cofrom909 in Highland, California said: How long of a time frame did u get to buy your supplies

I bought my gear a week after I got the confirmation. Left about a month before the start of academy. I'm headed to CSP Sacramento.

illchorizo in sacramento, California

25 months ago

illchorizo in sacramento, California said: I bought my gear a week after I got the confirmation. Left about a month before the start of academy. I'm headed to CSP Sacramento.

Bought gear May 12th...ready for pickup as of June 3rd...whew.

25 months ago

illchorizo in sacramento, California said: Bought gear May 12th...ready for pickup as of June 3rd...whew.

When is ur Academy date the 10th???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mpjennings in Atascadero, California

25 months ago

For all of you guys going to the june academy. I've got a question for you. Did you purchase the cdcr hat with all you uniform stuff or order it from the academy store?

junecadet

25 months ago

mpjennings in Atascadero, California said: For all of you guys going to the june academy. I've got a question for you. Did you purchase the cdcr hat with all you uniform stuff or order it from the academy store?

With the uniforms, but they do have same ones @ the academy.

Rob in Mt Meadows Area, California

25 months ago

See you guys Monday!

cofrom909 in Murrieta, California

25 months ago

Good luck recruits. Hopefully I get in son

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

junecadet in Huntington Park, California

25 months ago

Wow! Monday! See you then!

Rob in Mt Meadows Area, California

25 months ago

Anyone else worried that the academy has not been posted to the academy schedule on cdcr website yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

duder in Smithfield, Utah

25 months ago

I'm in the may13 academy and just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what to expect. Day 1 is going to be rough. They're going to be screaming at you and getting in your face the second you drive into the parking lot and it's not going to let up for about 3 days. But, it will let up. It does get better and is pretty easy once you get going. Don't let the yelling bother you, don't take it personal. All you have to do is stand up straight, make strong eye contact and say nothing other than, 'yes sgt.' or 'no sgt.' Just like forest gump. Don't make excuses unless they ask you why, just do what they say. Most likely you're going to get conflicting instructions like we did and still are. Even still, not all the sgt.'s are on the same page on the rules and expectations. But trust me, it's easy. It's all about intimidation and mind games, grow a thick skin and it's easy so long as you take it seriously. If you forget to take your hat off when you go inside you'll be screamed at and have a disiplinary card pulled, but it really doesn't matter. No one gets kicked out because they forget to take their hat off as long as they're taking the rules seriously. It's all mind games and it lets up after a couple of days, it gets WAY easier. Day 1, just make sure you pull into the parking lot 20min early so you can line up 15 min early. just wear your class B, no duty belt, no luggage. just bring your check-in paperwork and cadet handbook and read your handbook while you're standing in line. Make sure your boots are shined, your pant zipper and shirt buttons are lined up, tuck your belt through both sides of the buckle so you can see all 4 sides of the buckle, iron your shirt and pants. And don't run, ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

junecadet in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

Thank you for the info! June academy starts Monday.

Rob

25 months ago

duder in Smithfield, Utah said: I'm in the may13 academy and just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what to expect. Day 1 is going to be rough. They're going to be screaming at you and getting in your face the second you drive into the parking lot and it's not going to let up for about 3 days. But, it will let up. It does get better and is pretty easy once you get going. Don't let the yelling bother you, don't take it personal. All you have to do is stand up straight, make strong eye contact and say nothing other than, 'yes sgt.' or 'no sgt.' Just like forest gump. Don't make excuses unless they ask you why, just do what they say. Most likely you're going to get conflicting instructions like we did and still are. Even still, not all the sgt.'s are on the same page on the rules and expectations. But trust me, it's easy. It's all about intimidation and mind games, grow a thick skin and it's easy so long as you take it seriously. If you forget to take your hat off when you go inside you'll be screamed at and have a disiplinary card pulled, but it really doesn't matter. No one gets kicked out because they forget to take their hat off as long as they're taking the rules seriously. It's all mind games and it lets up after a couple of days, it gets WAY easier. Day 1, just make sure you pull into the parking lot 20min early so you can line up 15 min early. just wear your class B, no duty belt, no luggage. just bring your check-in paperwork and cadet handbook and read your handbook while you're standing in line. Make sure your boots are shined, your pant zipper and shirt buttons are lined up, tuck your belt through both sides of the buckle so you can see all 4 sides of the buckle, iron your shirt and pants. And don't run, ever.

Thanks for the info, how has PT been? I've been worried about it so far, I'm out of shape and I've been working on the running part to pass the pftt, and I'm hoping I will get help at the academy to pass. Any tips or heads up?

cofrom909 in Murrieta, California

25 months ago

Rob said: Thanks for the info, how has PT been? I've been worried about it so far, I'm out of shape and I've been working on the running part to pass the pftt, and I'm hoping I will get help at the academy to pass. Any tips or heads up?

What part of cali u in. . Ill work in your fitness with u...im currently working on mine

Rob

25 months ago

cofrom909 in Murrieta, California said: What part of cali u in. . Ill work in your fitness with u...im currently working on mine

Well I'm currently in grass valley, but on Monday ill be in the academy.

duder in Smithfield, Utah

25 months ago

Rob said: Thanks for the info, how has PT been? I've been worried about it so far, I'm out of shape and I've been working on the running part to pass the pftt, and I'm hoping I will get help at the academy to pass. Any tips or heads up?

I think it was the beginning of week two we did a practice run of the pftt. All but a couple of us passed, even people who I wouldn't have thought could have passed. Don't worry about it, you will have like 12 weeks or so to get into shape for the final test. There's at least a couple days a week of PT training and there's a full gym available after hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California

25 months ago

Good luck cadets anyone offered csp solano , we are hurting for cos ot is off the hook

junecadet in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

I don't think I'll be able to sleep from the excitement! See you guys tomorrow!

CO IN WAITING-VICTORVILLE CA in Victorville, California

25 months ago

Re-employment letters sent out again.

cofrom909 in Chino Hills, California

25 months ago

CO IN WAITING-VICTORVILLE CA in Victorville, California said: Re-employment letters sent out again.

What do u mean?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CDCRDubert in Elk Grove, California

25 months ago

So cadets how was your first day????

CO IN WAITING-VICTORVILLE CA in Victorville, California

25 months ago

cofrom909 in Chino Hills, California said: What do u mean?

several laid off CO's waiting to return and we just got our re-employment option letters to return...no openings in CIM,CIW,CRC,LAC..though

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

junecadet in South Gate, California

25 months ago

CDCRDubert in Elk Grove, California said: So cadets how was your first day????

Not as bad as I thought it would be. The first three days were mentally exhausting from all the rules and other important topics. All from the cadet handbook. We did our practice PFTT this morning. Our company didn't get the results yet, but they said we all did great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California

25 months ago

Any going to solano

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CoStatus321 in San Lorenzo, California

22 months ago

duder in Smithfield, Utah said: I'm in the may13 academy and just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what to expect. Day 1 is going to be rough. They're going to be screaming at you and getting in your face the second you drive into the parking lot and it's not going to let up for about 3 days. But, it will let up. It does get better and is pretty easy once you get going. Don't let the yelling bother you, don't take it personal. All you have to do is stand up straight, make strong eye contact and say nothing other than, 'yes sgt.' or 'no sgt.' Just like forest gump. Don't make excuses unless they ask you why, just do what they say. Most likely you're going to get conflicting instructions like we did and still are. Even still, not all the sgt.'s are on the same page on the rules and expectations. But trust me, it's easy. It's all about intimidation and mind games, grow a thick skin and it's easy so long as you take it seriously. If you forget to take your hat off when you go inside you'll be screamed at and have a disiplinary card pulled, but it really doesn't matter. No one gets kicked out because they forget to take their hat off as long as they're taking the rules seriously. It's all mind games and it lets up after a couple of days, it gets WAY easier. Day 1, just make sure you pull into the parking lot 20min early so you can line up 15 min early. just wear your class B, no duty belt, no luggage. just bring your check-in paperwork and cadet handbook and read your handbook while you're standing in line. Make sure your boots are shined, your pant zipper and shirt buttons are lined up, tuck your belt through both sides of the buckle so you can see all 4 sides of the buckle, iron your shirt and pants. And don't run, ever.

How's the academy going? You guys graduate next week right?

SNOWMAN310 in Chino, California

12 months ago

Deez USC in Sacramento, California said: Hmmm while I do agree with you that those So Cal prisons are very hard to get into, It's not impossible... especially if you someone there. We currently have about 9-10 people in the academy that are all heading to CRC.

HEy!!!, i never said impossible. those of the people that were selected were randomly for CRC were hired based on the vacancies at CRC to fill their C/O posts mandated from the state.The warden only requested 9-10 and will stop at that number.it is "discretion of the warden".I am happy that they got it, U think i dont know that? i'm talking about cadets whining about their choices when they first get a decent offer. i dont like trucks, whiners, crybabies, shortcutters...you know who u are...When you are not even a c/o yet or have 3-4 years in, dont expect anything period...really ?serious, u new cadets go ahead and do what you want,.i'm just talking from experience and reminding you thats all. peace

SNOWMAN310 in Chino, California

12 months ago

Waiting in SoCal in California said: Hey, take it easy, brother. They hope for certain things because they just don't know any better. For example, they hear about the handful of CRC cadets and they get hopeful that SoCal is hiring all over. While I don't blame them for being hopeful; but, I do kind of think it's strange when someone who got CCI gets upset because he wanted LAC. That cadet doesn't know how lucky he was to even get "close-ish" to his hometown. How would he feel if he got HDSP instead? A few weeks ago, I tried to encourage the applicants to accept the Sacramento-area institutions as I think they're still a pretty good deal all around; but, I don't know how many would take my advice. I said it before and will say it again - anyone who gets anything CCI (Tehachapi) and southward should consider themselves very, very lucky.

Toretto in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Lol sounds like you're upset you came in here trying to shut things down and someone shut you up

lol, i am a little annoyed, not upset mr. toretto. i tried to help and give advice but you newbies think you got things coming..what do you mean i am trying to shut things down??? explain??? im trying to give u advice and you trying to be funny mr.toretto? i'm ok waiting socal..at least you know what i am talking about. i could care less what these noobs do with their career. an old-timer like me just trying encourage you to be a good c/o for your rough career in the long run. your attitude,personality will be a reflection of the person you are when u step your baby toe into your joint. goodluck, congrats to people that even got an offer. peace

Amwb17nc in Tulare, California

11 months ago

FOR ALL THE AUGUST CADETS: has anyone else noticed that the Apprenticeship Standards Packet Forms Example : Welcome Letter , Co Das , Receipt Acknowledgement , Apprenticeship Standards & Operational Procedures . Still has the July 14,2014 date on them ? just want to know if I am the only one running in to this problem .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.