CDCR AUGUST 2013 HIRING PROCESS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1788)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

the_truth in Shingle Springs, California

32 months ago

Did anyone who applied in August 2013 receive ANYTHING via email yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (157) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

No it takes about two weeks for them to contact you I applied back in march and I am on the background investigation process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California

32 months ago

Mike in LA is correct. Just be ready for a long process. I applied at the beginning of this year so unless things drastically change and the hiring freezes again I don't expect to make it into an academy until at least sometime next year (I hope anyways). I am still waiting on my BG to clear and all I'll have left is the medical portion and Psych exam/interview. Everything else is completed that's listed on the CDCR website. Then whatever may come next that I may be unaware of that isn't listed on the website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ATT in San Jose, California

32 months ago

you guys are lucky that they process everything fast now ... Mine took forever ... still waiting for my medical and psy get cleared... it s almost 10 weeks ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

ATT in San Jose, California said: you guys are lucky that they process everything fast now ... Mine took forever ... still waiting for my medical and psy get cleared... it s almost 10 weeks ...

Trust me I feel very fortunate to apply at what seems like good timing but anything can change. I'm shocked the CDCR website is still accepting CO applications. The reason for that is anyone's guess. I hear so many different reasons from so many people who work in CDCR including my own father who's a CO but no one seems to know for sure. What year did you apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California said: Trust me I feel very fortunate to apply at what seems like good timing but anything can change. I'm shocked the CDCR website is still accepting CO applications. The reason for that is anyone's guess. I hear so many different reasons from so many people who work in CDCR including my own father who's a CO but no one seems to know for sure. What year did you apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

ATT in San Jose, California said: 2011

Well I wish you the best of luck and hope your stuff clears ASAP. According to the CDCR website they updated the new Academy start/graduation dates and there is a bunch coming up. Check it out if you haven't already. It's a bit of an inspiration and gives us all in the process an idea of possibly when we might go in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California said: Trust me I feel very fortunate to apply at what seems like good timing but anything can change. I'm shocked the CDCR website is still accepting CO applications. The reason for that is anyone's guess. I hear so many different reasons from so many people who work in CDCR including my own father who's a CO but no one seems to know for sure. What year did you apply?

I applied back in march 4 and I already met my background investigator back in June 26 he said he will contact me if anything comes up but till today haven't heard anything . Is that something good or bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ATT in Oakland, California

32 months ago

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California said: Well I wish you the best of luck and hope your stuff clears ASAP. According to the CDCR website they updated the new Academy start/graduation dates and there is a bunch coming up. Check it out if you haven't already. It's a bit of an inspiration and gives us all in the process an idea of possibly when we might go in.

I looked it in the morning but still waiting for the medical and psy to be cleared. Took forever ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: I applied back in march 4 and I already met my background investigator back in June 26 he said he will contact me if anything comes up but till today haven't heard anything . Is that something good or bad?

I did my interview with my BI around the same time as you and just the other day I emailed my BI to check in to see how everything is going and he told me so far so good, he's just waiting for some documents from the DOD since I served in the Military but other than that waiting this long w/o contact is normal. No news is usually good news in most of these steps. When I started the BG process he told me the same thing that yours told you so its nothing to worry about. Remember the website said the BG check can take up to 90 days but realistically it can take a lot longer. Some people I know who are ahead of me in the same process said their BG took over 5 months. Once over 90 days passes go ahead and contact your BI just to see how the process is going. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Mine took 6 months ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

the truth in El Dorado Hills, California

32 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: No it takes about two weeks for them to contact you I applied back in march and I am on the background investigation process

It's been 3 weeks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: No it takes about two weeks for them to contact you I applied back in march and I am on the background investigation process

its been 3 weeks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

there's a 96 % drop out rate that's why they are still accepting apps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Soledad, California

32 months ago

Do you guys think that anyone that applied back in march of 2013 will go to any upcoming academy in the benning of 2014 ?

32 months ago

mike in Soledad, California said: Do you guys think that anyone that applied back in march of 2013 will go to any upcoming academy in the benning of 2014 ?

It could happen ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

mike in Soledad, California said: Do you guys think that anyone that applied back in march of 2013 will go to any upcoming academy in the benning of 2014 ?

Heck, I hope so.

beans35 in Susanville, California

32 months ago

the_truth in Shingle Springs, California said: Did anyone who applied in August 2013 receive ANYTHING via email yet?

I applied in Aug too and haven't heard anything yet.

32 months ago

Beans35 in Susanville, California said: I applied in Aug too and haven't heard anything yet.

hang in there it s a long process... i heard some people already have a date for their Physical and Written test ... so theyll contact you soon

32 months ago

ATT in San Jose, California said: hang in there it s a long process... i heard some people already have a date for their Physical and Written test ... so theyll contact you soon

Yes that is what I keep hearing. thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

ATT in Oakland, California said: Mine took 6 months ...

When did you apply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

SJ444 in San Jose, California

32 months ago

I met with my BI almost 2 months ago and none of my references have received letters. For those of you who have passed backgrounds did all of your references get contacted? Also, was your BI in contact with you? Ive been trying to make contact and have not received a response.

32 months ago

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California said: Heck, I hope so.

I hope so! I applied in January...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California said: I did my interview with my BI around the same time as you and just the other day I emailed my BI to check in to see how everything is going and he told me so far so good, he's just waiting for some documents from the DOD since I served in the Military but other than that waiting this long w/o contact is normal. No news is usually good news in most of these steps. When I started the BG process he told me the same thing that yours told you so its nothing to worry about. Remember the website said the BG check can take up to 90 days but realistically it can take a lot longer. Some people I know who are ahead of me in the same process said their BG took over 5 months. Once over 90 days passes go ahead and contact your BI just to see how the process is going. Good luck to you!

I met with my BI in the middle of July and havent heard anything either

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Eaglesfan87 in Sacramento, California

32 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: I met with my BI almost 2 months ago and none of my references have received letters. For those of you who have passed backgrounds did all of your references get contacted? Also, was your BI in contact with you? Ive been trying to make contact and have not received a response.

I talked with my BI around the same time, couple weeks later all my refrences, employer and family recieved letters. Still haven't heard anything from him since then though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Eaglesfan87 in Sacramento, California said: I talked with my BI around the same time, couple weeks later all my refrences, employer and family recieved letters. Still haven't heard anything from him since then though.

Cool...thank you! Have you tried to contact your BI at all or are you just waiting to hear back?

32 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: Just wait I spoked to my big yesterday and he said he can't give me no information what's so ever regarding my background I asked about my reference letters he said he can't give me no info on that either he said it can take up to 1 year for it to complete he said he will send a letter if anything . Wish me luck guys abt questions feel free to contact me

Thank you! When did you start your BI?

mike in San Jose, California

32 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: Thank you! When did you start your BI?

I starded my bi back in june

31 months ago

Eaglesfan87 in Sacramento, California said: I talked with my BI around the same time, couple weeks later all my refrences, employer and family recieved letters. Still haven't heard anything from him since then though.

Hear anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

vet0788 in Elk Grove, California said: Mike in LA is correct. Just be ready for a long process. I applied at the beginning of this year so unless things drastically change and the hiring freezes again I don't expect to make it into an academy until at least sometime next year (I hope anyways). I am still waiting on my BG to clear and all I'll have left is the medical portion and Psych exam/interview. Everything else is completed that's listed on the CDCR website. Then whatever may come next that I may be unaware of that isn't listed on the website.

I applied at the beginning of the year as well, and am in backgrounds. Have you heard anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: Hear anything yet?

I talked to my bi last week he said everything is fine just waiting to get cleared from background I hope I get cleared by the end of the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

the_truth in Shingle Springs, California said: Did anyone who applied in August 2013 receive ANYTHING via email yet?

I applied in Aug too and I haven't heard anything either..I guess it takes time?

ATT in Manteca, California

31 months ago

Beans35 in Susanville, California said: I applied in Aug too and I haven't heard anything either..I guess it takes time?

Two of my friends will take the test on the 22nd of this month. But did you receive the email that they told you they accept your application ... If dont call them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

ATT in Manteca, California said: Two of my friends will take the test on the 22nd of this month. But did you receive the email that they told you they accept your application ... If dont call them

I did and I called just to see if they got my app online and they said yes we have you in th system and to look for my next email that says when to go take my written.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zeta063 in Oakland, California

31 months ago

I'm the March hiring wave (which when I applied) and barely got contacted to start my background investigation. Just be patience because this is will be a very long process. And statistically speaking, only about 3-5 percent gets hiring from each hiring wave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: yeah I know huh....I wonder how many have already not passed it so far from the March group.

I applied back in february, started my BI in July...and its still in process...definitely rakes a long time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

yess1976 in Long Beach, California

30 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: I applied back in february, started my BI in July...and its still in process...definitely rakes a long time!

very slow and nerve wrecking process huh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: very slow and nerve wrecking process huh.

Yes it is I applied back in march and I talked to my bi And I'm on the fire arm process waiting to get cleared

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria Maria in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Applied 3/19
Fit Test 4/30
Written 6/10
Met with Investigator 7/19
Cleared Investigation 10/11

I'm very responsive & all my references were prompt with returning their letters. Things are moving slow but at a consistent pace. Friends who are CO's told me to expect to be in academy in March of 2014 the earliest. Their is a huge push to get new CO's due to retirements and promotions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

*there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Maria Maria in San Diego, California said: *there

Their is more academy's coming up still check on cdcr website

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: Yes it is I applied back in march and I talked to my bi And I'm on the fire arm process waiting to get cleared

Fire arm process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: Their is more academy's coming up still check on cdcr website

I saw that, they have one in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, AND Mar but they think because they are slow to push us through I probably will go (if I clear the rest) March timeframe. My BI was pretty frank with me and he said not to expect to be assigned to an academy earlier than a year from when I applied.

30 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: Yes it is I applied back in march and I talked to my bi And I'm on the fire arm process waiting to get cleared

Well at least you are moving along...I've been waiting to start Background and havent talked to my BI yet but my references are getting the letters already so I guess I just started lol so excited that its finally moving along.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Well at least you are moving along...I've been waiting to start Background and havent talked to my BI yet but my references are getting the letters already so I guess I just started lol so excited that its finally moving along.

Yeah good to hear that when did you apply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: Yeah good to hear that when did you apply

back in March this year. you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: back in March this year. you?

I applied back in march to I met with my bi on June 27

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: I applied back in march to I met with my bi on June 27

lucky you...what was your written score?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: lucky you...what was your written score?

Mine was a 75 lol and yours?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

mike in Los Angeles, California said: Mine was a 75 lol and yours?

mine was 80....so my guess is that they are NOT going by score like they told me when I called....and they can't say that they are going by completed PHS because mine was NOT missing any paperwork and I have a very clean record. squeaky clean to be honest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.