CDCR April 2017 Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 429)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Lock_22 in Stockton, California

7 months ago

Starting a new thread for the April 2017 academy-my husband applied August 2014 and cleared July 2016, hopefully our time is coming!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jupiter in Sacramento, California

7 months ago

Hello!
I applied in January of 2015 and cleared in July of 2016.

Has anyone received an offer for April yet? Or have those not gone out yet?

Reply - Report abuse

Dbraden21 in Atascadero, California

7 months ago

Applied march 2015 and cleared in November 2016. Score is 80, heard that the offers for April academy will start going out the 28th but not sure if that's true.

Reply - Report abuse

Buzo in Stockton, California

6 months ago

Applied April 2015,
Cleared November 2016.
Score 80.
Institutions : Any.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Jupiter in Sacramento, California said: Hello!
I applied in January of 2015 and cleared in July of 2016.

Has anyone received an offer for April yet? Or have those not gone out yet?

No offer yet...hopefully they go out this week?

Reply - Report abuse

Ago372 in Hanford, California

6 months ago

Applied Jan 15
Cleared Sep 16
Score 75
Institutions(15) Central Valley and Nor Cal facilities.
Good luck to us all!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

From following these forums, the first set of offers usually go out on a Thursday from what I've seen. I'm thinking they come out this week though.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Honestly, I thought offers would have gone through last week.

Hopefully we hear something positive this week. It's been a long wait, haha.

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

I feel like offers will probably go out this week sometime. Good luck to everyone

Reply - Report abuse

patiently_waiting in California

6 months ago

Husband applied January 2015, cleared September 2016..he's a 9 and scored an 80. Hoping to see an offer this week! Anyone have an idea of how many 9's left? It seems like there shouldn't be THAT many left to go through

Reply - Report abuse

splaskett in Fresno, California

6 months ago

My fiance
Applied November 2014
Cleared January 2017
He is 9
Scored 85
Institutions
CMC,SVSP,CTF,ASP,PVSP, ANY
Also has Warden Request for CMC

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dbraden21 in California

6 months ago

How did he get warden request for CMC? Just curious, I live in slo county so CMC is my top choice

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

patiently_waiting in California said: Husband applied January 2015, cleared September 2016..he's a 9 and scored an 80. Hoping to see an offer this week! Anyone have an idea of how many 9's left? It seems like there shouldn't be THAT many left to go through

My husband also begins with a 9-on another forum-someone cut and pasted an email they received directly from the OPOS and it said there were still 700 applicants whose ID begins with 9. That was a month and a half ago... hopefully our husbands can get offers for April or May!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

splaskett in Fresno, California said: My fiance
Applied November 2014
Cleared January 2017
He is 9
Scored 85
Institutions
CMC,SVSP,CTF,ASP,PVSP, ANY
Also has Warden Request for CMC

Just wanted to say good luck to you and your fiancé-I love how many of us ladies are trolling forums and looking for any information out there for our significant others! Come on April!!

Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Lock_22 in Stockton, California said: My husband also begins with a 9-on another forum-someone cut and pasted an email they received directly from the OPOS and it said there were still 700 applicants whose ID begins with 9. That was a month and a half ago... hopefully our husbands can get offers for April or May!!

Yes, hopefully! it has been a crazy waiting period. Thank god for us women searching these forums to get info to our stressed husbands lol. Good luck to everyone!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

dev123 in Bakersfield, California

6 months ago

Lock_22 in Stockton, California said: My husband also begins with a 9-on another forum-someone cut and pasted an email they received directly from the OPOS and it said there were still 700 applicants whose ID begins with 9. That was a month and a half ago... hopefully our husbands can get offers for April or May!!

I recieved another email reguarding the remaining 9s left. Before offers went out for February academy there were 700 9s left. After offers went out I emailed them Reguarding the amount of 9s left they told me 513 not counting those 9s who have not cleared if there are any waiting to be cleared and awaiting next hiring list.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

This reply I recieved from them was on February 9th 2017:

About 513 eligible 9-series candidates remain. We are still required to hire all 9-series candidates on a hiring list before we begin hiring 5-series candidates. We have an academy of 125 approximately every six weeks.

PEACE OFFICER APPOINTMENT SECTION

Reply - Report abuse

Dbraden21 in California

6 months ago

Well at this rate, the 5's won't get an offer until mid summer. I think my application expires 7/31/17

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Yea my application expires 06/30/17.. But was told they're looking to extend the list lI feel for 5s for upto a year.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

rmart in Vacaville, California

6 months ago

I cleared in January.
Scored 80
Starts with 9

I'm hoping!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

splaskett in Fresno, California

6 months ago

Dbraden21 in California said: How did he get warden request for CMC? Just curious, I live in slo county so CMC is my top choice

I work at CMC and asked her for an interview for him. So he could get one. But you can call her assistant and request an interview. Basically you will sit down an introduce yourself bring your email with your information on it that your cleared and they send a letter up to HQ. Its not a 100% you will get CMC, but it does help.

Reply - Report abuse

Dbraden21 in California

6 months ago

Is there any way I could get your email and ask a few questions? I would really appreciate it. If you want to email me, it's dylanjbraden21@gmail.com thanks!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sanders7911 in Gold Beach, Oregon

6 months ago

My husband applied June 2016 and cleared January 2017. He scored a 90 and his ID starts with a 5. Does anyone have an insight as to when they think he will be going to the academy. His preferences are Pelican Bay, Susanville and Folsom.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jbone in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

Sanders7911 in Gold Beach, Oregon said: My husband applied June 2016 and cleared January 2017. He scored a 90 and his ID starts with a 5. Does anyone have an insight as to when they think he will be going to the academy. His preferences are Pelican Bay, Susanville and Folsom.

No one can predict when he will get an offer. Word is there are 500-700 9 series applicants who go before 5 series like your husband. Luckily he chose Pelican Bay and Susanville, which are in high demand for officers. I really doubt he will get an offer in the April academy, but he will definitely get an offer before some of the 9 series (dude to pickiness). There was someone on the forums that e-mailed about his ETA for an offer and they said there are unfortunately many applicants that are fixated on one institution to work at and refuse to work anywhere else. Hopefully me, as well as your husband benefit from that.

Reply - Report abuse

Bgcanyoncountry in Elk Grove, California

6 months ago

*From LA area not Elk Grove

Applied January 2014
Cleared July 2015
Offered LAC -Lancaster Sept 2015
*Shattered my clavicle and couldn't attend academy
*Re-did Psych and medical in 2016
Cleared again January 5th 2017
Score 85, ID 9

On the hiring list as of today according to my clearance email. Hoping for an offer to April or May! Hoping for Lancaster again! It's been a long 3 years haha

Reply - Report abuse

Central Cali in Walnut Creek, California

6 months ago

Applied December 2014
Cleared July 2016
Application number 9
Score 75 .

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jbone in Elk Grove, California

6 months ago

Central Cali in Walnut Creek, California said: Applied December 2014
Cleared July 2016
Application number 9
Score 75 .

Cleared nearly a year ago? What is your list of preferred institutions?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jupiter in Delano, California

6 months ago

Applied January 2015
Cleared July 2016
Id # 9
Score: 80

Applied to Central Valley facilities.
Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we hear something this week.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Will in La Puente, California

6 months ago

Cleared Jun 10th 2016
#ID 9
If I'm right offers go out this Monday lol
The waiting game sucks.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Jbone in Elk Grove, California said: Cleared nearly a year ago? What is your list of preferred institutions?

Yes it's going to be 10 months Cleared on April . I put down all Central Valley prisons . With my last option on my list being ANY.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Central Cali in Walnut Creek, California said: Yes it's going to be 10 months Cleared on April . I put down all Central Valley prisons . With my last option on my list being ANY.

That's very scary for me as I am a 5. I cleared a few weeks ago, scored 75 with no vet preference and my list life expires on 6/30/2017. I did put "Any" with no preference, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Jbone in Sacramento, California said: That's very scary for me as I am a 5. I cleared a few weeks ago, scored 75 with no vet preference and my list life expires on 6/30/2017. I did put "Any" with no preference, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Yea your in for a long wait . And I got a 1 year extension for my experation date . I'm sure you will too .

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Central Cali in Walnut Creek, California said: Yea your in for a long wait . And I got a 1 year extension for my experation date . I'm sure you will too .

Did you modify your preferences after not getting any offers or has your list been exactly this for the whole time? I don't mind the wait, I just don't want to expire. My ideal offer would be in 6 months. I hope I get an extension like you did.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

I'm curious how many 5's there are. With there being 300-400 9's left after these outgoing offers for April academy, it seems like anyone who scored under an 80 is in for a long wait. I scored an 80 and my application expires 7/31

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Dbraden21 in Atascadero, California said: I'm curious how many 5's there are. With there being 300-400 9's left after these outgoing offers for April academy, it seems like anyone who scored under an 80 is in for a long wait. I scored an 80 and my application expires 7/31

I think it highly depends on where you are willing to go as well. There was another post of a cleared applicant who e-mailed OPOS about an ETA for an offer. The reply was they have many applicants with scores 80+ that are only willing go to one institution and nowhere else.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Jbone in Sacramento, California said: Did you modify your preferences after not getting any offers or has your list been exactly this for the whole time? I don't mind the wait, I just don't want to expire. My ideal offer would be in 6 months. I hope I get an extension like you did.

Yea at first I only had 5 down and now I have it down with 14 institutions. Yea I believe they will send extensions to the 5 series . They did with the 9's.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Central Cali in Walnut Creek, California said: Yea at first I only had 5 down and now I have it down with 14 institutions. Yea I believe they will send extensions to the 5 series . They did with the 9's.

Hopefully man. You should be getting an offer relatively soon being a 9 and having many institutions down. Good luck to you.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Jbone in Sacramento, California said: Hopefully man. You should be getting an offer relatively soon being a 9 and having many institutions down. Good luck to you.

Crossing my fingers that I get offer for April academy. Thanks appreciate that man . Goodluck to you as well .

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

sbeth1 in chino, California

6 months ago

Cleared: October 2016
Score: 75
Institutions: Any

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

sbeth1 in chino, California

6 months ago

Exam Id: 9

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jo_Go in Corcoran, California

6 months ago

Jupiter in Delano, California said: Applied January 2015
Cleared July 2016
Id # 9
Score: 80

Applied to Central Valley facilities.
Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we hear something this week.

Im in almost the exact same time frame as you, cleared Aug 2016 though and I'm still waiting! Hopefully we get some good news soon!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

If anybody gets an offer please let us know so we can try and get a general idea as to who is being chosen.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

fresno559 in Santa Clara, California

6 months ago

cleared 1/17
exam id 5
score 85
exprire date 9/30/17
im wondering if i have to wait long.
been a long process.
since 4/15

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Dbraden21 in San Luis Obispo, California

6 months ago

We have pretty much the same timeline, cleared in December of last year and applied in march of 15. Score 80

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Jo_Go in Corcoran, California said: Im in almost the exact same time frame as you, cleared Aug 2016 though and I'm still waiting! Hopefully we get some good news soon!

Hopefully

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Edward361 in Bakersfield, California

6 months ago

Good luck everyone

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Good luck to all you 9's. Take what they give you. Get in, do your time, and transfer.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Oakland, California

6 months ago

Applied Jan 2015
Cleared Sept 2016
ID # starts with 5
Veterans Prefernce.
Expire: 05/31/17

Wishful thinking

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bgcanyoncountry in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

When I cleared in early January my email said I will be on the "hiring list expected to generate February 28th". So I'm sure they generated that new hiring list at least some point this week! Makes sense too, that way they have all week to adjust offers accordingly with the new hiring list.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Curious if anyone has received an offer? We are still crossing our fingers over here

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.