Comments (1 to 50 of 15848)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Solid559 in Visalia, California

44 months ago

Anyone else waiting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (142) / No (507) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Gary in Sacramento, California said: Also, I forgot to ask before, can anyone tell me how they will notify me if I cleared backgrounds or not? By letter or email?

Hey Gary, CDCR is going to notify you by emailing stating that you have been cleared for the background process and that your status for the PEM and Oral pope is pending. After that they will call you to schedule your PEM and Oral pope....it's going to take a good two months to be clear for hire after your background depending on the situation. As for me I was the unfortunante one who has to take my written pope twice because it expire. My background take a toll. ( almost 5 months)The whole process took about a year. I'm cleared for hire and expecting an offer for June Academy. Just be pateint and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

Dave in Los Angeles, California said: Hey Gary, CDCR is going to notify you by emailing stating that you have been cleared for the background process and that your status for the PEM and Oral pope is pending. After that they will call you to schedule your PEM and Oral pope....it's going to take a good two months to be clear for hire after your background depending on the situation. As for me I was the unfortunante one who has to take my written pope twice because it expire. My background take a toll. ( almost 5 months)The whole process took about a year. I'm cleared for hire and expecting an offer for June Academy. Just be pateint and good luck!

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate the info, I'll just keep checking my email then. I talked to the Sgt doing my BI and he said he's nearly done and that was a couple of weeks ago so hopefully I will be hearing something soon. Good luck to you as well and I hope you get what you want out of this whole process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

You welcome, Gary. That's what this forum is for. For us to help eachother out on info about the process and other subject about CDCR....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

SDE in San Diego, California said: Has anyone else have to go in and complete a Pre-Investigatory Interview with their BI?

Yes, SDE, I mean I can only speak for myself and say that I had to go through a Pre-Investigatory Interview as well but I'm pretty sure everyone has. Basically your investigator is going to bring in a tape recorder and have you verbally confirm everything you put in your PHS and BIQ. Just keep it honest is the best advice I can give you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Veteran 2006 in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Hi everyone. I have been in backgrounds for a month and a half now. All my references received letters like a week later and mailed them back. If someone does not return it will I be notified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

SDE in San Diego, California

43 months ago

Gary in Sacramento, California said: Yes, SDE, I mean I can only speak for myself and say that I had to go through a Pre-Investigatory Interview as well but I'm pretty sure everyone has. Basically your investigator is going to bring in a tape recorder and have you verbally confirm everything you put in your PHS and BIQ. Just keep it honest is the best advice I can give you.

Thanks Gary, much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

LsR209 in Manteca, California

43 months ago

Veteran 2006 in Los Angeles, California said: Hi everyone. I have been in backgrounds for a month and a half now. All my references received letters like a week later and mailed them back. If someone does not return it will I be notified?

Yes, Veteran 2006 your BG investigator will notify you if some of your reference didn't mail the letters back. But at the same time it's really up to you to remind your references to send the letter to your BG investigator. The sooner the better. Just be patient and no news is good news. Once you cleared your BG (3 to 4 months) you will received an email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Patiently waiting in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

Tested in December. I completed my PAT the first week of Jan. I had my Pre Investigatory Interview about a week or so therafter. Still in BG. No word of being in the clear yet. My references have been contacted via mail and a few by phone. From what I can gather, they may be researching my employment status/history at this current time? Hard to say when we will get some definitive answers. I am Praying that the ball will get rolling in due time for the POPE and health screening. I am hopeful for June academy also. Stay Positive. Stay Patient. Stay Praying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

chrisN in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

how long did you guys who were cleared for hire... have to wait till you heard your POPE & PEM results?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Mike87 in Manteca, California

43 months ago

chrisN in Sacramento, California said: how long did you guys who were cleared for hire... have to wait till you heard your POPE & PEM results?

Hey Chris, it takes CDCR a minimum of two weeks after your oral pope to get your result by email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Mr.Co2004 in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Ike in Seattle, Washington said: Failed to qualify on the gun range by one bullet. You have to get 29/30 I got 28/30

are you fking serious? you couldnt qualify on the .38 on the second time.wow. i'm not talking bad about you, but if you cant pass the .38 what makes you think you can pass the mini-14? i find that hard to believe that you couldnt pass the .38 ...the last time i heard someone fail the .38 was like 5 years ago.good luck ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Ike in Federal Way, Washington

43 months ago

Mr.Co2004 in Los Angeles, California said: are you fking serious? you couldnt qualify on the .38 on the second time.wow. i'm not talking bad about you, but if you cant pass the .38 what makes you think you can pass the mini-14? i find that hard to believe that you couldnt pass the .38 ...the last time i heard someone fail the .38 was like 5 years ago.good luck ....

Thanks for the encouragement

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

I agree, this site is supposed to be to help each other out. I'm sure everyone thought about his situation, but that should have been something you kept to yourself. You keep trying Ike in Seattle, Washington. We're all here to support each other, not bring each other down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

SDE in San Diego, California said: I agree, this site is supposed to be to help each other out. I'm sure everyone thought about his situation, but that should have been something you kept to yourself. You keep trying Ike in Seattle, Washington. We're all here to support each other, not bring each other down.

Thanks, I appreciate, it!! I am gonna go back and rock it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

599 in kern county, California

43 months ago

Mr.Co2004 in Los Angeles, California said: are you fking serious? you couldnt qualify on the .38 on the second time.wow. i'm not talking bad about you, but if you cant pass the .38 what makes you think you can pass the mini-14? i find that hard to believe that you couldnt pass the .38 ...the last time i heard someone fail the .38 was like 5 years ago.good luck ....

Mr.CO2004,
The mini-14 and .38 are two completly different firearms, course of fire, ect. It is very common for someone to fail or have problems with one and not the other. If you really are a CO you should know this. As for you finding it "hard to beleive" someone couldnt pass the .38. I didnt pass it in 1999 when i was at the academy. I have never FTQ(failed to qualify) with the .38 since and never looked back. When I look at my paycheck it doesnt say " could'nt pass the .38". Ike or anyone else trying to get in this profession don't ever give up. If you have to go through the academy twice to get there, then handle your business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

John in Clovis, California

43 months ago

Anyone here go through a discrepancy type interview? My BI called me last week to do one over the phone, he asked a few questions, i gave a few answers, and that was all. Have not heard anything since. Nervously waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

John in Clovis, California

43 months ago

Anyone here go through a discrepancy type interview? My BI called me last week to do one over the phone, he asked a few questions, i gave a few answers, and that was all. Have not heard anything since. Nervously waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Does anyone know how long into the academy do we get paid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

One month after our first day, so for example, we start June 27 we get paid between July 27 and 20

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Oops, july 30

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Ike in Federal Way, Washington said: One month after our first day, so for example, we start June 27 we get paid between July 27 and 20

I believe you are paid the beginning of every month unless you accept a position as a PI, therefore you would receive your check anywhere between but no later than the 15th of every month.

PERMANENT FULL-TIME APPOINTMENTS (PFT)
If you accept a FT appointment, you will first be appointed as a PI while attending the BCOA. Upon graduation your time base will be changed to full time. Thereafter, you will be paid a monthly salary at the end of a pay period (each pay period is about 28 days). You will be required to account for working 40 hours per workweek or 168 hours in a 28-day work period depending on your work schedule (may include regular hours plus leave credits used, in-service training time, etc.)

2. PERMANENT INTERMITTENT APPOINTMENTS (PI)
If you accept an appointment as a PI, you will be paid at an hourly rate on or about the 15th of the month.

check out this link...it has a lot of useful information.
www.cdcr.ca.gov/Career_Opportunities/por/docs/COAppt.pdf

Hope it helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

spanky in Fairfield, California

43 months ago

I have no shooting or gun experience at all. Will i have a problem in the academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California said: Entering Week 12 of the academy... just listen to EVERYTHING the sergeants tell you and you will have ZERO problems passing this academy... this is including Arrest & Control, Baton, the .38/impact munitions/the mini... everyone will be fine

Thanks ChargerSD...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

599 in kern county, California

43 months ago

spanky in Fairfield, California said: I have no shooting or gun experience at all. Will i have a problem in the academy?

No, alot of cadets/new officers that have no prior firearms experience do very well. They come in with no bad(or good) habits. The range staff will show you proper technique. It might be beneficial to put a few rounds from the .38 down range, just to get a feel for the trigger. I would'nt mess with the mini-14 unless someone that knows how to shoot rifles can help you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Ike in Federal Way, Washington said: One month after our first day, so for example, we start June 27 we get paid between July 27 and 20

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

C/0 in Modesto, California

43 months ago

People, this is a serious career with serious consequences. Your partners life may depend on your marksmanship ability some day. Your freedom may be on the line some day due to your lack of firearm skills. I highly suggest that you learn how to shoot a firearm before going to the academy. I also suggest that you practice and develop this skill after the academy. Do you understand that during the course of your duty you might have to shoot and kill someone? You might have to stop an escape attempt. You might have to shoot an inmate that is beating your partner to a bloody pulp on the ground in front of your post. Marksmanship is a requirement of the job. Are you sure this is the career for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

CO n Inland Empire in fontana, California

43 months ago

C/O in Modesto, I agree with you. In addition to firearm marksmanship skills I also recommend some type of self defense. You never know when you are going to fight for your life of defend you partner. Hope that never happens but you never know, it is better to be prepare. Inmates knows who is in shape or who is not, they can smell that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California

43 months ago

Solid559 in Visalia, California said: Anyone else waiting?

Hello there....I got a call from CDCR stating April 25th academy has been postponed until further notice. Anyone else get this call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

FUTURE CO in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

I am taking my PAT on monday, i was just wondering on the background stuff. How much does your credit check play into passing or failing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Not sure how much of a difference it makes but just keep it honest! I have been disqualified before on a extremely minor incident so on your PHS---make sure you include everything! If it could maybe be a yes put YEs verses a no. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

FUTURE CO in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California said: Not sure how much of a difference it makes but just keep it honest! I have been disqualified before on a extremely minor incident so on your PHS---make sure you include everything! If it could maybe be a yes put YEs verses a no. Good luck.

thank you!.. i have to get passed the PAT first!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

LsR209 in Manteca, California

43 months ago

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California said: Hello there....I got a call from CDCR stating April 25th academy has been postponed until further notice. Anyone else get this call?

When did CDCR called you? April 25th academy is for YCO? Right? I was looking forward to receiving an offer from CDCR for April 25th academy...now, have to wait till June!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

LsR209 in Manteca, California said: When did CDCR called you? April 25th academy is for YCO? Right? I was looking forward to receiving an offer from CDCR for April 25th academy...now, have to wait till June!!!

they called me yesterday. I just hope they do not postpone the June academy. How long have you been on the certifcation list?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Around the same time. I am not sure if they have us waiting long on that list....I mean we are on the list for a year without guarantee for hire. I extremely keeping my fingers crossed for the soonest academy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Ike in Seattle, Washington said: Failed to qualify on the gun range by one bullet. You have to get 29/30 I got 28/30

Hi there. Could you give us an idea on how strenous is the physical aspect of the academy? I passed the PAT (over a year ago) and not in the greatest shape. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

I know that I'm trying to enter the academy is great shape just to prevent injury in the academy and it will be a safety issue when In the facilities...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

fdiaz in Redlands, California

43 months ago

Hey forum,
Im assuming the majority of you are men and if your not great! I have my PAT scheduled next week and I have training for about a month, however, I have a few questions on the intensity of the test. For those of you who have already taken this and go to the gym, on a stationary bike, what would you guess the resistance level is? Im beginning to feel nervous about the PAT, I hear a lot of females fail the grip test, they test you on both hands? Sorry I have a million questions, hope someone could help me out.

Thanks guys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

PieCon in Los Alamitos, California

43 months ago

fdiaz in Redlands, California said: Hey forum,
Im assuming the majority of you are men and if your not great! I have my PAT scheduled next week and I have training for about a month, however, I have a few questions on the intensity of the test. For those of you who have already taken this and go to the gym, on a stationary bike, what would you guess the resistance level is? Im beginning to feel nervous about the PAT, I hear a lot of females fail the grip test, they test you on both hands? Sorry I have a million questions, hope someone could help me out.

Thanks guys

Hi there. I am a female who did fine on the PAT. I did not find it all that difficult. I am a heavy set woman and work out mildy three times a week and still did okay. The grip test...ummm not that hard just try your hardest (i think it is both hands). Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

romen in West Sacramento, California

43 months ago

Also wating in visalia..

Solid559 in Visalia, California said: Anyone else waiting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Solid559 how long have you been waiting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Doed anybody know if a contract has been done for cdcr and if so what was the terms. C.O. in wating visalia,ca 559

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

co209wifey in Salida, California

43 months ago

romen in West Sacramento, California said: Doed anybody know if a contract has been done for cdcr and if so what was the terms. C.O. in wating visalia,ca 559

There is a Tentative Agreement on the table right now, it will be put up for the members to vote on shortly. All agree it is a horrible contract and we are giving up WAY TO MUCH, however - in light of the economy it seems as though it might pass. There is plenty of sites that can keep you informed -- as you should be. Check out Pacovilla; Unit6times.com; and on FACEBOOK - TAKING BACK CCPOA. The union is a mess right now - so be prepared to read ALOT of negative comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RICK in Sacramento, California

43 months ago

I had my blood withdrawn last week and the specialist at the department, told me that I have a high cholesterol reading and may not be accepted by cdcr. Has anybody heard of this? That I will not be accepted? This is my last step. I’ve been fitted for a gas mask already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

RICK in Sacramento, California said: I had my blood withdrawn last week and the specialist at the department, told me that I have a high cholesterol reading and may not be accepted by cdcr. Has anybody heard of this? That I will not be accepted? This is my last step. I’ve been fitted for a gas mask already.

Hi there....the cdcr contractor examiner will note the high blood pressure as an issue that needs to be approved and re-examined by your primary doctor in which your primary doctor will need to reevulate you and sign off as healthy to perform c/o duties. Usually, this is not a big deal and something your primary doctor should readily sign off (sometimes without seeing you) but it does depend on your overall health condition. I had the same reading and now on the waiting list. Try to tackle all paper work and what is asked of you the soonest possible. Good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Does anyone have an idea as to how much running/jogging is expected at the academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California said: Does anyone have an idea as to how much running/jogging is expected at the academy?

My friend graduated 2 years ago. He said they ran 3 times a week about 1.5 miles. I don’t know how accurate that is now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California said: Does anyone have an idea as to how much running/jogging is expected at the academy?

My friend graduated 2 years ago. He said they ran 3 times a week about 1.5 miles. I don’t know how accurate that is now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

How far are you in the cdcr selection academy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.