CDCR June Acadamy 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 16038)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

John in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

BPSanDiego said: You should have an analyst if you already cleared backgrounds and medical...call the selection center for your area they can tell you who it is. When did you take yours and are you positive you clear medical? My stuff took two weeks to get sent back asking for additional clearances for bloodwork

Im 100% the guy, promptor, told me that I passed the Respiratory section. I even received a letter saying "Pass" after I had taken the exam. However, I don't know about the PEM because they drawn my blood, I got a urine test as well as hearing test and so on.

By the way, how can I get a hold with one of their analyst? Is analyst = background Investigator?

I called my Background Investigator and he told me that he doesn't know anything about getting an Oral Psych Interview. Again, Im concerning.

Thank you guys for all the feed back.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

BPSanDiego

70 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: Im 100% the guy, promptor, told me that I passed the Respiratory section. I even received a letter saying "Pass" after I had taken the exam. However, I don't know about the PEM because they drawn my blood, I got a urine test as well as hearing test and so on.

By the way, how can I get a hold with one of their analyst? Is analyst = background Investigator?

I called my Background Investigator and he told me that he doesn't know anything about getting an Oral Psych Interview. Again, Im concerning.

Read my post on pg3

Reply - Report abuse

RICK in Elk Grove, California

70 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: Im 100% the guy, promptor, told me that I passed the Respiratory section. I even received a letter saying "Pass" after I had taken the exam. However, I don't know about the PEM because they drawn my blood, I got a urine test as well as hearing test and so on.

John!

John!
Did you take your PEM in dwtn Sac? Any Resp. in Folsom?

Reply - Report abuse

Nick65 in Hesperia, California

70 months ago

Hey guys, been looking through all of the useful information. I was wondering what the written is graded out of? I got a 95 on the written so I was wondering if that was high? Also I am in my first week of backgrounds and my reference letters were delivered today. I know it is a long shot, but would there be any way possible for me to make the June academy? I have lived in only one house my whole life, worked in only 3 jobs since I am only 23 (5 years at my most current employer) and I have no use of narcotics or any type of traffic citations. I also have a BA in Criminal Justice, so I hope that helps a bit. I was just wondering if these would make my background go quicker? I am also in the selection process for Torrance Police Department, do you think that would make CDCR move a bit quicker in my process? Any help is appreciated, and I hope to be in the CDCR academy with some of you soon.

Reply - Report abuse

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California

70 months ago

Sorry Nick65 and to any others... unless you already got the FINAL clearance (Background/Med/Psych Interview) from this point on... you wont make the June academy... not to rain on anyones parade but that's real talk.

Reply - Report abuse

SDE in San Diego, California

70 months ago

Nick65 in Hesperia, California said: Hey guys, been looking through all of the useful information. I was wondering what the written is graded out of? I got a 95 on the written so I was wondering if that was high? Also I am in my first week of backgrounds and my reference letters were delivered today. I know it is a long shot, but would there be any way possible for me to make the June academy? I have lived in only one house my whole life, worked in only 3 jobs since I am only 23 (5 years at my most current employer) and I have no use of narcotics or any type of traffic citations. I also have a BA in Criminal Justice, so I hope that helps a bit. I was just wondering if these would make my background go quicker? I am also in the selection process for Torrance Police Department, do you think that would make CDCR move a bit quicker in my process? Any help is appreciated, and I hope to be in the CDCR academy with some of you soon.

I actually think it might take a bit longer because of your selection process in the Torrance Police Department. My BI said whenever you have documents in process or you have ever applied in a different law enforcement field, they need to request your paperwork from the other law enforcement department. But you never know, every persons' background and process is different.

Reply - Report abuse

SDE in San Diego, California

70 months ago

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California said: Sorry Nick65 and to any others... unless you already got the FINAL clearance (Background/Med/Psych Interview) from this point on... you wont make the June academy... not to rain on anyones parade but that's real talk.

Actually, I wouldn't categorize it all in a lump sum. I've been combing through these forums for a few months and I've read some people have passed with breeze and some have been on so long they've had to take the written exam again. It really depends on what cards you are dealth, how many candidates your BI may have, how quickly things get processed, your situation. I've read some people have been scheduled for their Med & Psych within the same week and have been cleared just a week later. I've also read some poeple had to have followed up with their analyst just to get their ball rolling again. I really think everyones circumstances are different. You may get cleared right before the academy, someone may drop out, and you might receive an offer as close to 1-2 weeks from the academy date. ANYTHING is possible, nothing is guaranteed to be a specific timeframe (hence the reason for the forum). Not to go off on your comment, I just don't think it's correct to state that if you haven't passed it all yet, you can't get an offer for the June academy...because you just never know what cards you're dealt. Hope it helps reassure those to continue to be persistent and make sure you're in shape in ready to go.

Reply - Report abuse

Sprite23 in Northern California

70 months ago

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California said: Sorry Nick65 and to any others... unless you already got the FINAL clearance (Background/Med/Psych Interview) from this point on... you wont make the June academy... not to rain on anyones parade but that's real talk.

I'm in the current academy and I was cleared for hire 4 weeks before the academy start date and given an offer 2 days after being cleared, so your statement is incorrect.

Reply - Report abuse

BPSanDiego in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

I agree, I talked to my analyst today and was informed they do not even have a list for the June academy. SD, What are you basing that statement on? Do you have info from an accurate source? My analyst informed me today they are still going by the SCW (because of applicants that applied before the change) and they do not have a list for the June academy, so what you are saying is probably incorrect. And anyone that clears and may have veterans preference points is going to be ahead of anyone else anyway.

Reply - Report abuse

John in Sacramento, California

70 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: John!

John!
Did you take your PEM in dwtn Sac? Any Resp. in Folsom?

yes. PEM in downtown sac. Respiratory in folsom. I took these exams in one day.

Reply - Report abuse

cams-76 in Coos Bay, Oregon

70 months ago

i am getting to the point where i will be doing the oral psych and medical testing soon. i already passed the PAT when i took my written tests. Any reason in the medical testing i wouldnt pass for not being in the best physical shape? im not injured just overweight.

Reply - Report abuse

ready2go in Westminster, California

70 months ago

I am about 3 weeks in to backgrounds and all my references and employers have sent their questionnare back already, I know my chances are slim to none but I am still hoping for the June academy.Ive heard of guys clearing background much quicker than the estimated 90 days. Anybody here have that experience?

Reply - Report abuse

Cowboyfan in El Centro, California

70 months ago

People usually do. The BGI has a 90 limit.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Cowboyfan in El Centro, California said: People usually do. The BGI has a 90 limit.

How far along are you in the process?

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Is SCW score still used? If so how can you find out your score?
I have looked at every piece of paper I have received from OPOS and no mention of a SCW score.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

i was told if you have applied within the last year they dont use the scw. they use your test score from the academic/first test of the process.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

cams-76 in Coos Bay, Oregon said: i was told if you have applied within the last year they dont use the scw. they use your test score from the academic/first test of the process.

Awesome thanks for the info.
I scored a 90 on my written test, hopefully that is sufficient to get me in to the academy.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

ready2go in Westminster, California said: How far along are you in the process?

I should be finished with backgrounds in may,then I will be joining the waiting game for the final two portions. I hope to make the june academy, but I will be happy when I am cleared for hire.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

When did they start scoring the written exam because I took the exam back in 2008 while on active duty? I still have an SCW score, which is 100 due to veteran points.

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

i talked with someone at the sacramento office last week, they told me people that applied before about a year ago still have the scw. but i applied last october or sept i am not on the scw, he said i would be ranked on the score i recieved on the written test i took, the academic test not the psych. i am not sure if they grade the written psych test, im assuming they do somthing with it before the oral psych because the answers were on a scantron sheet.

Reply - Report abuse

Mengland in San Francisco, California

70 months ago

Gary in Sacramento, California said: Also, I forgot to ask before, can anyone tell me how they will notify me if I cleared backgrounds or not? By letter or email?

My background investigator called to tell me that i cleared! & a few days later i received a letter to confirm it!

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

FUTURE CO in Sacramento, California said: I am taking my PAT on monday, i was just wondering on the background stuff. How much does your credit check play into passing or failing?[/QUOT
I have HORRIBLE credit.. And i passed.. He did ask me to start a payment plan with my school loans before backgrounds started!

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

I finished my POPE & Health Exam almost 4 weeks ago.. does anyone know how and when i will be contacted?? SUPER ANXIOUS..Thanks~

Reply - Report abuse

Lsr209

70 months ago

Mengland in San Francisco, California said: I finished my POPE & Health Exam almost 4 weeks ago.. does anyone know how and when i will be contacted?? SUPER ANXIOUS..Thanks~

You'll received a email stating you are clear for hire. For me, it was two weeks to received the notice. It varies sometime depending on the situation. Good luck!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Anxious2011

70 months ago

Hi everyone. I am in backgrounds right now. I have military background. Been in backgrounds for 11 weeks now and haven't heard anything yet. How long is backgrounds? Is it ok to contact background investigator ?

Reply - Report abuse

baicon in Elk Grove, California

70 months ago

yes call and ask, just be nice about it and don't be a nag

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Did anyone do his or her oral pope in southern california, san diego area? Has everybody been reading about the AB109 Criminal Justice Realignment bill, which was just passed and signed by Gov. Brown?

Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Yeah I took mine down in San Diego...very small office...actually a room, that was very warm.

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Thanks for the info, so they try to make you sweat, huh? I will definitely not wear my suit coat then for the interview.

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

I dont know..if that was her goal, but i was definitely sweating a bit. The lady I talked to was nice, but I didnt leave feeling like I passed...Its been three weeks today and still nothing. Her office was on ohiladelphia st (or near it anyway)

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

ready2go in Westminster, California said: I am about 3 weeks in to backgrounds and all my references and employers have sent their questionnare back already, I know my chances are slim to none but I am still hoping for the June academy.Ive heard of guys clearing background much quicker than the estimated 90 days. Anybody here have that experience?

My backgrounds went a lot quicker than i expected. They started mid january and done by the end of february!

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: Hi all,

I took my PEM and Respiratory Exams over 2 months ago. Since then, I have been waiting to get a letter to schedule for an appointment with a psyhcologist for my Oral Psyh Exam.

Question: How long after you have taken your PEM and Respiratory Exams did you received your letter for an Oral Psyh Exam?

Im getting worry because I haven't heard anything or being schedule for my Oral Psyh eval. Your answer will be helpful.

Thanks.

THey scheduled my oral psych before my medical exam. Its been 4 weeks and i havent heard from either! Waiting games! They will call you..

Reply - Report abuse

determined1 in Fresno, California

69 months ago

BPSanDiego in Sacramento, California said: I dont know..if that was her goal, but i was definitely sweating a bit. The lady I talked to was nice, but I didnt leave feeling like I passed...Its been three weeks today and still nothing. Her office was on ohiladelphia st (or near it anyway)

I'm just curious, if you feel like you can share, why did you leave feeling like you didn't pass? Was it the kind of questions that she asked, or the answers you gave...feeling as if they were hard to answer or you were nervous?...

Reply - Report abuse

Veteran 2006 in Covina, California

69 months ago

Mengland in San Francisco, California said: My backgrounds went a lot quicker than i expected. They started mid january and done by the end of february!

How you were notified? mail or email? how many times were you contacted during the process of you B.I.??

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Veteran 2006 in Covina, California said: How you were notified? mail or email? how many times were you contacted during the process of you B.I.??

My background investigator called me and said i would be receiving a confirmation letter through mail because they had cleared! When my backgrounds started he called me once regaurding an address that i hadnt mentioned that came up but other than that they never contacted me through the process!

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

cams-76 in Coos Bay, Oregon said: i talked with someone at the sacramento office last week, they told me people that applied before about a year ago still have the scw. but i applied last october or sept i am not on the scw, he said i would be ranked on the score i recieved on the written test i took, the academic test not the psych. i am not sure if they grade the written psych test, im assuming they do somthing with it before the oral psych because the answers were on a scantron sheet.

They dont actually grade it but i do know they go through it and "red flag" certain answers & during the oral psych they go over those so you can explain your answer. And also i know that the written shows them what you score high in based on your answers.. as in "not trusting others".."aware of your surroundings" and so forth..

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Anybody aware of what is considered "excessive alcoholism"? I noticed that is a one of the main reasons for being DQ after the ORAL psych.

Reply - Report abuse

Freddie in Fresno, California

69 months ago

Guys all of the info here are great . I just finish everything 2 weeks ago now what am I waiting for ?? Email , call ? If anyone can help

Reply - Report abuse

Remy in Fort Worth, Texas

69 months ago

I just cleared Background and am just waiting for Psyc interview and PEM. Im from out of state and was currious if anyone also from out of state was allowed to do both on the same day or next?

Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Rio Linda, California

69 months ago

Started backgrounds on January 26,2011. Backgrounds completed on April 15, 2011. Was notified via email at 5:30p.m. received the letter in the mail on April 16,2011. Responded to the email requesting that i review the information is correct, sent a confirmation of changes at 7;00 a.m. on April 16th. At 11:00 a.m. i received a call to set up the Medical & Psyc interview on April 28th. This is my 5th time going through the Whole process. i have failed the psyc everytime, so hopefully this will be the last time. good luck to all.

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Richard in Rio Linda, California said: Started backgrounds on January 26,2011. Backgrounds completed on April 15, 2011. Was notified via email at 5:30p.m. received the letter in the mail on April 16,2011. Responded to the email requesting that i review the information is correct, sent a confirmation of changes at 7;00 a.m. on April 16th. At 11:00 a.m. i received a call to set up the Medical & Psyc interview on April 28th. This is my 5th time going through the Whole process. i have failed the psyc everytime, so hopefully this will be the last time. good luck to all.

Just curious, do they tell you why you fail the psych exam when you fail it? Best of luck this time, you will pass!

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

They gave me BS excuses each time. I did not know enough about what my parents did for work, i should have saw my divorce coming, A place owed me money & i waas not trying to collect it bad enough. those were 3 of the things. Yes i paid out of my own pocket to seek a nd opinion & still got denied. but i am not giving up on my dream it has been in the works for the pst 9 years. if i am going to fail it would be during the academy.

Reply - Report abuse

Anxious2011 in Anaheim, California

69 months ago

Richard in Rio Linda, California said: They gave me BS excuses each time. I did not know enough about what my parents did for work, i should have saw my divorce coming, A place owed me money & i waas not trying to collect it bad enough. those were 3 of the things. Yes i paid out of my own pocket to seek a nd opinion & still got denied. but i am not giving up on my dream it has been in the works for the pst 9 years. if i am going to fail it would be during the academy.

Hang in there. Don't give up. You will b alright. I been in back grounds 2 and a half months. And this waiting makes me go crazy. Keep your head up. Let us know how u do.

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Anxious2011 in Anaheim, California said: Hang in there. Don't give up. You will b alright. I been in back grounds 2 and a half months. And this waiting makes me go crazy. Keep your head up. Let us know how u do.

Exactly! Think positive thoughts, most good things worth having are worth waiting for... or so they say! I do believe it is true though.

I just cleared background this week. It was almost exactly 3 months.

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Thank you all. I know what you mean about waiting. this is the final hurdle on the home stretch. I shall keep you all posted. i am just curious to know what questions or analogies that they ask this go round.

Reply - Report abuse

PieCon in Anaheim, California

69 months ago

Does anyone know of someone not passing the academy due to lack of physical endurance? I am out of shape an worried that i will fail the academy if I get called to go.....I'm working on but I have a lot of work to do.

Reply - Report abuse

PieCon in Anaheim, California

69 months ago

Does anyone know of someone not passing the academy due to lack of physical endurance? I am out of shape an worried that i will fail the academy if I get called to go.....I'm working on but I have a lot of work to do.

Reply - Report abuse

Remy in Fort Worth, Texas

69 months ago

PieCon in Anaheim, California said: Does anyone know of someone not passing the academy due to lack of physical endurance? I am out of shape an worried that i will fail the academy if I get called to go.....I'm working on but I have a lot of work to do.

I've heard of Cadets dropping out due to injury...some injuries caused by not being in shape. Running and stretching exercises will help.

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

so after you guys are passing backgrounds it is taking a few weeks to get scheduled for the oral psych and medical testing?

Reply - Report abuse

SWAT in San Jose, California

69 months ago

Does anyone know if the current academy has any cadets going to SVSP? Good luck for those of you that are in the hiring process and prospective applicants. Simple tip. Dont LIE! It will catch up to you. At the academy people are watching you all the time at surrounding clubs, bars, and restaurants. Dont think about doing something stupid that will ruin your career. People think that they wont get caught. My academy (5 DUI's). Dont worry about the physical fitness portion. They dont make you jump over walls or do any crazy stuff. Just pace yourself and I highly recommend taking muliti vitamins.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.