CDCR June Acadamy 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 14938)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

a vet in Irvine, California

39 months ago

ready2go in Westminster, California said: I heard it from a couple guys at the written test, according to them they heard it from current CO's. We will have to wait and see, i am crossing my fingers that it is true. I am currently a few weeks in to backgrounds so June is definitely out of the question for me. You?

Yes, I am also looking towards an Academy date past June. I hear that Unit 6 has the contract back. I am a month into backgrounds. Just hang in there and remeber no news is good news.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

romen in West Sacramento, California

39 months ago

Congrats on almost being done. Is everything easy school wise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Waiting patiently

39 months ago

ready2go in Westminster, California said: I heard it from a couple guys at the written test, according to them they heard it from current CO's. We will have to wait and see, i am crossing my fingers that it is true. I am currently a few weeks in to backgrounds so June is definitely out of the question for me. You?

Hey there how is everyone? I have been in backgrounds a little over two months and haven't heard yet. Is it true that it takes longer for people military background? What's the average wait for someone background? Are you ex-military ready2go?

PieCon in Los Alamitos, California

39 months ago

It took me literally 5 months-ARGH!...it varies per person. IT depends how much background they need to investigate (age, employment history, residence history, etc), how fast of response they receive from inquires on you, how thorough and precise was the PSH, and, most importantly, how a busy or priority is cdcr hiring process. Your investigator could be caught up on a re-assignment. Be patient....the process takes time. Plus, my Investigator mentioned that only 1 percent of 10,000 applicants actually get hired! So, you are almost there!

39 months ago

Waiting patiently said: Hey there how is everyone? I have been in backgrounds a little over two months and haven't heard yet. Is it true that it takes longer for people military background? What's the average wait for someone background? Are you ex-military ready2go?

Hello Waiting patiently,

I have a military background and from what I hear the answer is yes it will take a little longer for the background, and as PieCon stated "IT depends how much background they need to investigate (age, employment history, residence history, etc), how fast of response they receive from inquires on you, how thorough and precise was the PSH, and, most importantly, how a busy or priority is cdcr hiring process"

patiently waiting

39 months ago

PieCon in Los Alamitos, California said: It took me literally 5 months-ARGH!...it varies per person. IT depends how much background they need to investigate (age, employment history, residence history, etc), how fast of response they receive from inquires on you, how thorough and precise was the PSH, and, most importantly, how a busy or priority is cdcr hiring process. Your investigator could be caught up on a re-assignment. Be patient....the process takes time. Plus, my Investigator mentioned that only 1 percent of 10,000 applicants actually get hired! So, you are almost there!

Only 1 percent! That's crazy--my self confidence is diminishing :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Waiting patiently

39 months ago

Hopefully they have an academy in october like someone mentioned because I sm not going to make it to the June . A vet what branch? You did your CDCR paper work out of rancho?

Mike87

39 months ago

PieCon in Los Alamitos, California said: It took me literally 5 months-ARGH!...it varies per person. IT depends how much background they need to investigate (age, employment history, residence history, etc), how fast of response they receive from inquires on you, how thorough and precise was the PSH, and, most importantly, how a busy or priority is cdcr hiring process. Your investigator could be caught up on a re-assignment. Be patient....the process takes time. Plus, my Investigator mentioned that only 1 percent of 10,000 applicants actually get hired! So, you are almost there!

I feel you. We're on the same boat. And to answer the question of how long background take for military experience? Yes, it took me roughly 5 1/2 months to cleared background because of military experience and the basic police acdemy I attended 2 years ago. Because of background taking longer then I thought it would be, I didn't make it for March academy. But I'm happy I was cleared for hired and waiting patiently for June 27th....crossing my finger that cdcr won't postphone it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Waiting patiently said: Hopefully they have an academy in october like someone mentioned because I sm not going to make it to the June . A vet what branch? You did your CDCR paper work out of rancho?

United States Marine Corps. Yes are you at the same center?

PieCon in Los Alamitos, California

39 months ago

DId anyone else apply for the YCO/YCC position? Any word on that academy?

Waiting patiently

39 months ago

a vet in Irvine, California said: United States Marine Corps. Yes are you at the same center?

Oh ok cool. I was army. Yes I am at the same center.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Waiting patiently said: Oh ok cool. I was army. Yes I am at the same center.

Cool do you do any particular training to prepare for the academy?

ready2go in Westminster, California

39 months ago

It doesnt seem like they have been postponing the academy for CO, I noticed the YCO academy was postponed recently. But with the current state of our economy you just never know. My background investigator was telling me that they have a ton of spots to fill, right now CO's are retiring like crazy according to him.

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

I took my oral psych on the 29th of Mar. I had a few PTSD issues that I had to give SPB documentation for. My interviewer said the only thing she saw that might be a problem is that according to my VA records they may look down on the fact that I was drinking a little bit when I got back from Iraq in 09. ( I was drinking with friends I had deployed with after getting back etc. I now only drink once or twice a month 4-5 drinks, and all my other records reflect that) I was also on medication for a while, but stopped taking it. I haven't heard anything yet, and after calling SPB they advised they cannot give results out over the phone. They said no news is good news and that if something is wrong I will get a letter and if not my analyst will contact me. Anyone else have an idea of the time frame for these results? I talked to a guy I work with who interviewed with the same doctor in San Diego in Jan and he received a letter saying he failed because he took to long to answer questions. I have been in the hiring process since oct 2009. Thanks for any help in advance.

Waiting patiently

39 months ago

a vet in Irvine, California said: Cool do you do any particular training to prepare for the academy?

No not really. I just 2 miles 4 times a week. And weight lifting 3 times a week. Nothing big. And your self?

39 months ago

Waiting patiently said: No not really. I just 2 miles 4 times a week. And weight lifting 3 times a week. Nothing big. And your self?

I'm working out 3 times a week and running about 2 miles twice a week. I plan on stepping it up here soon. What city are you in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RICK in Elk Grove, California

39 months ago

Is anybody currently living in the Sacramento area? I passed everything waiting on a e-mail to hear if I'm atttending the June academy.

39 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: Is anybody currently living in the Sacramento area? I passed everything waiting on a e-mail to hear if I'm atttending the June academy.

Is anybody currently living in the Sacramento area? I passed everything waiting on a e-mail to hear if I'm atttending the June academy. Or in the same boat?

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: Is anybody currently living in the Sacramento area? I passed everything waiting on a e-mail to hear if I'm atttending the June academy. Or in the same boat?

Hey Rick, about how long did it take for you to hear back about your oral psych? Did your analyst or SPB get a hold of you? Just kind of curious as to how that process goes. The info I have is pretty vague. Thanks.

39 months ago

BPSanDiego said: Hey Rick, about how long did it take for you to hear back about your oral psych? Did your analyst or SPB get a hold of you? Just kind of curious as to how that process goes. The info I have is pretty vague. Thanks.

BP!I heard that same night. My oral psych was at 2 and I heard from them around 730 pm to make a med appt. My friend, who is now a C.O waited for 2 weeks to hear from them. I guess it various. You'll make it through!

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: BP!I heard that same night. My oral psych was at 2 and I heard from them around 730 pm to make a med appt. My friend, who is now a C.O waited for 2 weeks to hear from them. I guess it various. You'll make it through!

Damn that was quick! Yeah i am just being paranoid probably. So they called you and told you passed the same night? That's one he'll of a turnaround. I am on active duty I'm San Diego currently so I had to change my appointments to here even though I live in rancho Cordova. My oral psych interviewer told me she had to submit a report in a week. Did they email you or call? Sorry for all the questions just wondering what to expect. I already did my medical stuff and cleared that. Oral psych is the last step for
Me and i too am hoping to make it into the jun academy. How long ago did you do your oral psych ? I know they send out offers 4-5 weeks prior to the academy.

39 months ago

BPSanDiego said: Damn that was quick! Yeah i am just being paranoid probably. So they called you and told you passed the same night? That's one he'll of a turnaround. I am on active duty I'm San Diego currently so I had to change my appointments to here even though I live in rancho Cordova. My oral psych interviewer told me she had to submit a report in a week. Did they email you or call? Sorry for all the questions just wondering what to expect. I already did my medical stuff and cleared that. Oral psych is the last step for
Me and i too am hoping to make it into the jun academy. How long ago did you do your oral psych ? I know they send out offers 4-5 weeks prior to the academy.

BP! The oral psych interviewer said that I wouldn't hear from anybody for at least 4-6 weeks. I was surprised to hear from somebody that night. I heard from the phone and received docs about 5 days later. My oral psych test was about 6 weeks ago. Ask away…

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: BP! The oral psych interviewer said that I wouldn't hear from anybody for at least 4-6 weeks. I was surprised to hear from somebody that night. I heard from the phone and received docs about 5 days later. My oral psych test was about 6 weeks ago. Ask away…

Does your analyst or SPB call? I tried to call my analyst but I can't get a hold of her and SPB can't release info over the phone...they told me the same time frame as you 4-6 weeks. I just hope I dont have to get a 2nd eval or pay out of pocket for a reevaluation. The anticipation is driving me nuts!

39 months ago

BPSanDiego said: Does your analyst or SPB call? I tried to call my analyst but I can't get a hold of her and SPB can't release info over the phone...they told me the same time frame as you 4-6 weeks. I just hope I dont have to get a 2nd eval or pay out of pocket for a reevaluation. The anticipation is driving me nuts!

BP! I believe it was somebody from SPB… I had the oral psych first and then the med testing. Not to worry…everything will fall through…you made it this far!

John in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

Hi all,

I took my PEM and Respiratory Exams over 2 months ago. Since then, I have been waiting to get a letter to schedule for an appointment with a psyhcologist for my Oral Psyh Exam.

Question: How long after you have taken your PEM and Respiratory Exams did you received your letter for an Oral Psyh Exam?

Im getting worry because I haven't heard anything or being schedule for my Oral Psyh eval. Your answer will be helpful.

Thanks.

AJ in El Centro, California

39 months ago

Question concerning the oral psych. Do you wear a suit to the interview?

patiently waiting

39 months ago

Thank u for posting about psych eval concerns, etc. I'm waiting to get scheduled for mine. This information and discussion is really helpful 2 me.

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

Basically dress like you were going to a job interview nit necessarily a suit, but it couldn't hurt. I got a letter for my exam a few weeks after I cleared medical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

spanky in Fairfield, California

39 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: Is anybody currently living in the Sacramento area? I passed everything waiting on a e-mail to hear if I'm atttending the June academy. Or in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat here. I live in fairfield though.

39 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: Hi all,

I took my PEM and Respiratory Exams over 2 months ago. Since then, I have been waiting to get a letter to schedule for an appointment with a psyhcologist for my Oral Psyh Exam.

Question: How long after you have taken your PEM and Respiratory Exams did you received your letter for an Oral Psyh Exam?

Im getting worry because I haven't heard anything or being schedule for my Oral Psyh eval. Your answer will be helpful.

Thanks.

I did all 3 in the first week of january.

39 months ago

AJ in El Centro, California said: Question concerning the oral psych. Do you wear a suit to the interview?

I wore a suit to my oral psych test.

39 months ago

BPSanDiego said: Does your analyst or SPB call? I tried to call my analyst but I can't get a hold of her and SPB can't release info over the phone...they told me the same time frame as you 4-6 weeks. I just hope I dont have to get a 2nd eval or pay out of pocket for a reevaluation. The anticipation is driving me nuts!

BP! Have you taken your PEM and Respiratory Exam?

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

RICK in Elk Grove, California said: BP! Have you taken your PEM and Respiratory Exam?

Rick- yeah I took those before my oral psych exam...this is the last step in the process for me, which was why i was trying to get an idea of the process for this part. medical took me about a month total to clear because of a few minor issues. The guy who called me for my medical and mask fit called me at 1930 or so also which was why I was wondering who had advised you that you had cleared your oral psych exam. Did you getting correspondence advising you about that or a phone call because I know the guy who calls for medical stuff is an outside contractor for the state. Thanks again.

Additionally for those who have questions about the oral psych, do not be late to your appt, they will not give you a second chance. When they call you to confirm the appt, make sure it is at a time you can go..this will make or break you...they ask questions related to your PHS, and the stuff you wrote in on the written psych...don't expect to leave thinking you passed...they don't really tell you much and it was hard for me to get a read on how I did especially considering I had a few VA related deployment issues. Just be honest and don't take too long to answer questions because I have heard they gig you on that because it may mean you are lying. I felt weird about mine because my doctor sat me in a chair where i couldn't face her, so i was looking straigt forward pretty much the whole time. I have had quite a colorful upbringing to say the least and a few problems when I was younger (I am 32 now) so i am anxious to find out what the deal is. It was quite nerve wrecking. I will update on here as I find out because these forums helped me a lot during this process.

39 months ago

spanky in Fairfield, California said: I did all 3 in the first week of january.

wow. really nice to hear that. By the way, I passed both the PEM and Respiratory the same day. It has been over 2 months and I haven't heard anything about an appointment for Oral Psych eval. I called my background investigator and he told me that he has no information on that. Again, I am started to worry.

Additional infos will be helpful. thanks you all for sharing.

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: wow. really nice to hear that. By the way, I passed both the PEM and Respiratory the same day. It has been over 2 months and I haven't heard anything about an appointment for Oral Psych eval. I called my background investigator and he told me that he has no information on that. Again, I am started to worry.

You should have an analyst if you already cleared backgrounds and medical...call the selection center for your area they can tell you who it is. When did you take yours and are you positive you clear medical? My stuff took two weeks to get sent back asking for additional clearances for bloodwork

determined1 in Visalia, California

39 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: wow. really nice to hear that. By the way, I passed both the PEM and Respiratory the same day. It has been over 2 months and I haven't heard anything about an appointment for Oral Psych eval. I called my background investigator and he told me that he has no information on that. Again, I am started to worry.

Hi, I was just wondering if you could expand a little upon what they cover during the PEM and Respiratory. What type of testing do they routinely go through?

Mike87 in Manteca, California

39 months ago

determined1 in Visalia, California said: Hi, I was just wondering if you could expand a little upon what they cover during the PEM and Respiratory. What type of testing do they routinely go through?

For PEM,they're going to draw blood, get a urine test, and a hearing test. Once you finish the following, a Dr. will do some medical examination including genital area. And for Respiratory it's simple. Watch a video. Putting on 4 maybe 5 masks and breathe....

Mike87 in Manteca, California

39 months ago

BPSanDiego said: Hey Rick, about how long did it take for you to hear back about your oral psych? Did your analyst or SPB get a hold of you? Just kind of curious as to how that process goes. The info I have is pretty vague. Thanks.

Hey BP!!!! Hopefully this can help answer your question. For me I went in for my PEM on the first week of Jan. Because I was sick in Oct. of last year I have to turned in some medical document for clearance. In mid February, I called my analyst and asked her when I would be able to take the oral pope. She said she'll called SPB to schedule my oral pope. Two weeks later, SPB called me to schedule my oral pope. It took approximately 2 weeks from the day I went in for my oral pope to received an email from SPB stating I was cleared for hired. My friend also received his result from SPB through email. For him it took a week and a half. If you haven't heard a result for your PEM and oral pope, I suggest you call your analyst. I'm positive she or he will get an answer for you. My analyst was very helpful. Good luck!!!

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

Ok so you received an email from SPB, not cdcr correct? That is what I was trying to figure out, it has been about 2-3 weeks since I took mine. I did try to call my analyst, but I don't think she is in the office this week, which i am hoping is why i haven't received an email yet. SPB informed me that they do not send out emails. I am just hoping that No news is good news.

SD LOVE in Chula Vista, California

39 months ago

Got an e-mail yesterday saying i passed my PEM and oral board and I'm clear for hire.Took about 3 weeks to hear back. If you haven't taken your gas mask fitting, you wont get an e-mail till you do.

Has anyone got an offer for Junes Academy yet? Hope I do sometime in the next two weeks...

39 months ago

determined1 in Visalia, California said: Hi, I was just wondering if you could expand a little upon what they cover during the PEM and Respiratory. What type of testing do they routinely go through?

I watched a video for about 20 minutes about how important it is to wear one in the workplace. Then I was fitted for 4 different gas mask…from there I was tested for each one to see how well I would to do wearing one…breathing through an oxygen device...about a 15 min test for each one.

39 months ago

BPSanDiego said: You should have an analyst if you already cleared backgrounds and medical...call the selection center for your area they can tell you who it is. When did you take yours and are you positive you clear medical? My stuff took two weeks to get sent back asking for additional clearances for bloodwork

Im 100% the guy, promptor, told me that I passed the Respiratory section. I even received a letter saying "Pass" after I had taken the exam. However, I don't know about the PEM because they drawn my blood, I got a urine test as well as hearing test and so on.

By the way, how can I get a hold with one of their analyst? Is analyst = background Investigator?

I called my Background Investigator and he told me that he doesn't know anything about getting an Oral Psych Interview. Again, Im concerning.

Thank you guys for all the feed back.

BPSanDiego

39 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: Im 100% the guy, promptor, told me that I passed the Respiratory section. I even received a letter saying "Pass" after I had taken the exam. However, I don't know about the PEM because they drawn my blood, I got a urine test as well as hearing test and so on.

By the way, how can I get a hold with one of their analyst? Is analyst = background Investigator?

I called my Background Investigator and he told me that he doesn't know anything about getting an Oral Psych Interview. Again, Im concerning.

Read my post on pg3

39 months ago

John in Sacramento, California said: Im 100% the guy, promptor, told me that I passed the Respiratory section. I even received a letter saying "Pass" after I had taken the exam. However, I don't know about the PEM because they drawn my blood, I got a urine test as well as hearing test and so on.

John!

John!
Did you take your PEM in dwtn Sac? Any Resp. in Folsom?

Nick65 in Hesperia, California

39 months ago

Hey guys, been looking through all of the useful information. I was wondering what the written is graded out of? I got a 95 on the written so I was wondering if that was high? Also I am in my first week of backgrounds and my reference letters were delivered today. I know it is a long shot, but would there be any way possible for me to make the June academy? I have lived in only one house my whole life, worked in only 3 jobs since I am only 23 (5 years at my most current employer) and I have no use of narcotics or any type of traffic citations. I also have a BA in Criminal Justice, so I hope that helps a bit. I was just wondering if these would make my background go quicker? I am also in the selection process for Torrance Police Department, do you think that would make CDCR move a bit quicker in my process? Any help is appreciated, and I hope to be in the CDCR academy with some of you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California

39 months ago

Sorry Nick65 and to any others... unless you already got the FINAL clearance (Background/Med/Psych Interview) from this point on... you wont make the June academy... not to rain on anyones parade but that's real talk.

SDE in San Diego, California

39 months ago

Nick65 in Hesperia, California said: Hey guys, been looking through all of the useful information. I was wondering what the written is graded out of? I got a 95 on the written so I was wondering if that was high? Also I am in my first week of backgrounds and my reference letters were delivered today. I know it is a long shot, but would there be any way possible for me to make the June academy? I have lived in only one house my whole life, worked in only 3 jobs since I am only 23 (5 years at my most current employer) and I have no use of narcotics or any type of traffic citations. I also have a BA in Criminal Justice, so I hope that helps a bit. I was just wondering if these would make my background go quicker? I am also in the selection process for Torrance Police Department, do you think that would make CDCR move a bit quicker in my process? Any help is appreciated, and I hope to be in the CDCR academy with some of you soon.

I actually think it might take a bit longer because of your selection process in the Torrance Police Department. My BI said whenever you have documents in process or you have ever applied in a different law enforcement field, they need to request your paperwork from the other law enforcement department. But you never know, every persons' background and process is different.

SDE in San Diego, California

39 months ago

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California said: Sorry Nick65 and to any others... unless you already got the FINAL clearance (Background/Med/Psych Interview) from this point on... you wont make the June academy... not to rain on anyones parade but that's real talk.

Actually, I wouldn't categorize it all in a lump sum. I've been combing through these forums for a few months and I've read some people have passed with breeze and some have been on so long they've had to take the written exam again. It really depends on what cards you are dealth, how many candidates your BI may have, how quickly things get processed, your situation. I've read some people have been scheduled for their Med & Psych within the same week and have been cleared just a week later. I've also read some poeple had to have followed up with their analyst just to get their ball rolling again. I really think everyones circumstances are different. You may get cleared right before the academy, someone may drop out, and you might receive an offer as close to 1-2 weeks from the academy date. ANYTHING is possible, nothing is guaranteed to be a specific timeframe (hence the reason for the forum). Not to go off on your comment, I just don't think it's correct to state that if you haven't passed it all yet, you can't get an offer for the June academy...because you just never know what cards you're dealt. Hope it helps reassure those to continue to be persistent and make sure you're in shape in ready to go.

Sprite23 in Northern California

39 months ago

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California said: Sorry Nick65 and to any others... unless you already got the FINAL clearance (Background/Med/Psych Interview) from this point on... you wont make the June academy... not to rain on anyones parade but that's real talk.

I'm in the current academy and I was cleared for hire 4 weeks before the academy start date and given an offer 2 days after being cleared, so your statement is incorrect.

BPSanDiego in Sacramento, California

39 months ago

I agree, I talked to my analyst today and was informed they do not even have a list for the June academy. SD, What are you basing that statement on? Do you have info from an accurate source? My analyst informed me today they are still going by the SCW (because of applicants that applied before the change) and they do not have a list for the June academy, so what you are saying is probably incorrect. And anyone that clears and may have veterans preference points is going to be ahead of anyone else anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.