CDCR June Acadamy 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 15957)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

SWAT in San Jose, California

44 months ago

Does anyone know if the current academy has any cadets going to SVSP? Good luck for those of you that are in the hiring process and prospective applicants. Simple tip. Dont LIE! It will catch up to you. At the academy people are watching you all the time at surrounding clubs, bars, and restaurants. Dont think about doing something stupid that will ruin your career. People think that they wont get caught. My academy (5 DUI's). Dont worry about the physical fitness portion. They dont make you jump over walls or do any crazy stuff. Just pace yourself and I highly recommend taking muliti vitamins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dknox stockton in Stockton, California

44 months ago

hey guys wen is the first drug test. im so lost. i take my pat in may

dknox stockton in Stockton, California

44 months ago

i stopped smoking a few weeks ago but im scared that i will get tested at the pat on may 10th. if u guys can let me know any info it will be greatly appraciated. thank u and god bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pie Con in Anaheim, California

44 months ago

IT depends what you were smoking....but either way-I believe drug test is during your Physical examination portion which is after your background. I hope you did not lie on your PHS in the drug history portion....or it better be a consistent lie because things do get back to the background investigators. ( I have been disqualified before...so just be consistent.

Richard in Rio Linda, California

44 months ago

Drug test will be during the medical/psyc clearance. You have the PAT, then backgrounds, and you pass backgrounds you will get a date for your psyc eval & medical. mine is all on the same day. they will draw your blood for the drug test.

Cowboyfan in El Centro, California

44 months ago

dknox stockton in Stockton, California said: i stopped smoking a few weeks ago but im scared that i will get tested at the pat on may 10th. if u guys can let me know any info it will be greatly appraciated. thank u and god bless

Unfortunatenly, you will not meet the minimum requirements concerning past drug usage. For any reason you are lying, which probably occured during the SCW questionnaire to take the written; ask yourself will you be able to generate integrity through the continual process and the career as a peace officer. The relevance of your "smoking" will depend upon your age, so if you are young then mature and if you are older then seek another career. Individuals currently applying, including myself, may have discrepancies, but what matters is how recent and character built from past flaws. I personally will not want a partner who is personally split between career and "smoking." This is just my opinion, but there is a reason current COs have a poor reputation among the LE community.

Nick65 in Hesperia, California

44 months ago

dknox stockton in Stockton, California said: i stopped smoking a few weeks ago but im scared that i will get tested at the pat on may 10th. if u guys can let me know any info it will be greatly appraciated. thank u and god bless

Honestly, a peace officer career isn't for you. Since you just stopped smoking a few weeks ago (I assume marijuana), your maturity level is lacking. I wouldn't want to have my life depend on my partner who is a drug user, I am sorry to be blunt but that is the truth of it. If you were serious about this career you would have either quit smoking long ago or never touched it in the first place. This is a job where someones life could depend on you, whether you have to take a life or save someones, and unfortunately someone who isn't serious about the career or doesn't have the maturity level to do so shouldn't pursue it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PieCon in Anaheim, California

44 months ago

SOrry Dknox but I do agree with Nick and the previous comment. I have been waiting and working on this opportunity for a long time. I knew I was going to join sooner or later...so I stopped all "criminal activities" about 5-6 years ago (I'm 28 now) this includes ANY drinking and driving as well.

44 months ago

SOrry Dknox but I do agree with Nick and the previous comment. I have been waiting and working on this opportunity for a long time. I knew I was going to join sooner or later...so I stopped all "criminal activities" about 5-6 years ago (I'm 28 now) this includes ANY drinking and driving as well.

richard in Woodland, California

44 months ago

actually i go in for medical & respiratory on 28th.... NOT psyc eval. Ho wlong after medical do they contact you for the psyc ?

Mengland in San Francisco, California

44 months ago

Can you contact anyone regaurding your oral psych eval and medical exam status!?!?

BPSanDiego in Sacramento, California

44 months ago

The only person that can tell you what is going on is your analyst. SPB will not tell you the status of anything. All they will tell you is no news is good news. They are pretty much useless. Your analyst, the person who handles your hiring process after backgrounds, can give you the most up to date info. I am in week 4 of waiting to hear the results of my oral psych and SPB will tell me nothing. All they say is that if I haven't gotten a letter yet, that it is a good thing. It is quite frustrating..

44 months ago

BPSanDiego in Sacramento, California said: The only person that can tell you what is going on is your analyst. SPB will not tell you the status of anything. All they will tell you is no news is good news. They are pretty much useless. Your analyst, the person who handles your hiring process after backgrounds, can give you the most up to date info. I am in week 4 of waiting to hear the results of my oral psych and SPB will tell me nothing. All they say is that if I haven't gotten a letter yet, that it is a good thing. It is quite frustrating..

Thanks So Much, How do you find out who your analyst is!?!? They never told me anything about one! I, too, took my oral and med eval about 4 weeks ago and havent heard anything from either! So I hope its true what they say " No news is good news" . Im just so anxious about it, its driving me insane because Ive made it this far I just want to know if I am still in! Sorry i have so many questions, ha. Once again thanks for your time (:

44 months ago

Call the selection center for your area, they should be able to tell you. Keep us updated if you hear anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

richard in Woodland, California said: actually i go in for medical & respiratory on 28th.... NOT psyc eval. Ho wlong after medical do they contact you for the psyc ?

Everyone must be different.. My Psych eval was a week before my Med eval! Good Luck

44 months ago

BP~ Thanks, I will for sure. Same to you & good luck~!

44 months ago

I know someone in the academy now that graduates on the 28th he was saying after the medical, it took about 3-4 weeks to get the Psyc portion. Your analyst i believe is the one who will email you & let you know that you passed backgrounds & are moving on to the next phase of Medical & respiratory portion.

Shadow34 in Fontana, California

44 months ago

Hello to everyone...I would like to answer questions to the best of my ability...I was on the forums for July 2010 and Oct. 2010...if I can be of assistance I will try to do my best at answering questions anyone might have...feel free to email me at armydude34@yahoo.com.

To clarify: Richard your background investigator advises you passed and you will be going to the next portion which is the Medical Screening...if everything checks out fine then you move on to the Psych Oral interview...be careful ladies and gentlemen this part will be really tricky...some may pass on the first go around and some won't but don't get discouraged...that is what the appeals process is for.

I hope to be of assistance and would like to know where you all are headed...there are things you can and cannot do at the academy...adhering to the academy rules and standards is a must...they hold all of us to a high standard...I didn't risk not having enough Class Bs I had at least 3..(shirts must have the permanent crease not thick pleat to be in compliance) and class b pants means that NO BDU (exterior cargo) versus Class B cargo (interior cargo pockets) should look like the example in the Cadet manual.

Once again I hope to be of assistance or at least some help when getting to the academy...

Thank you

Vis ca in sacramento, California

44 months ago

Lots of rumors going around that june academy may be postponed not sure why but maybe the revamp of the new 12 week academy once the contract is in full effect.

44 months ago

Well I havent heard anything....yet they keep all of that to last minutes raps. They did postponed the April YCO/YCC academy in April in which they made a posting of it three weeks to the academy date with status to be determined.....so I am not sure what is going on. I hoping they do not do the same this go around....The hiring center said they still have no idea of another academy for YCC/YCO or a list for the upcoming june academy.

44 months ago

Well, as I feared, I recieved a letter from SPB today, and was disqualified for insuffcient stress tolerance/emotional regulation and impulse control/attention to safety for the position sought. Forget about the fact that I am working with the border patrol, carrying a weapon in public everyday for the past year, and the fact that I was an infantry team leader in Iraq for 9 months. I am going to guess that going to the VA for a little help when I got back and trying to be honest during the hiring process is probably what screwed me. Anyone know of any psychologists in the Sac or San Diego areas that do a second opinion? I dont want to say outright that they pretty much discriminated against me for PTSD, which was mild at best, but that is just what it seems like. Oh well, just have to drive on and appeal it.

599 in kern county, California

44 months ago

BPSanDiego in Sacramento, California said: Well, as I feared, I recieved a letter from SPB today, and was disqualified for insuffcient stress tolerance/emotional regulation and impulse control/attention to safety for the position sought. Forget about the fact that I am working with the border patrol, carrying a weapon in public everyday for the past year, and the fact that I was an infantry team leader in Iraq for 9 months. I am going to guess that going to the VA for a little help when I got back and trying to be honest during the hiring process is probably what screwed me. Anyone know of any psychologists in the Sac or San Diego areas that do a second opinion? I dont want to say outright that they pretty much discriminated against me for PTSD, which was mild at best, but that is just what it seems like. Oh well, just have to drive on and appeal it.

BPSanDiego,I feel for you. I think most people that have seen combat,been in law enforcement or firefighting for any length of time will fail a psyche test. This does'nt mean you will not be able to handle the job, just means your exsposure to things shows up in your test answers. Try to look around in your area and be up front on what you are looking for(favorable opinion). I know of one place in Bakersfield that might be helpful. Dr. Gary Longwith at Valley Psychological. He and his associate(Michelle) are both former Law Enforcement and might understand where your comming from. Good Luck...

ChargersSD in Elk Grove, California

44 months ago

hey BPSanDiego... i was wondering... why don't you want to be a BP Agent anymore? just curious.

44 months ago

Hey chargers..I am not a BP agent....stupid name I know. I am in the guard and have been on the border working for the past 8 months.

Shadow34 in Blythe, California

44 months ago

BP...best bet is to appeal it asap...let the psychologist know what you are trying to do and that you need the 2nd opinion...if you can find a clinical/forensic psychologist that has experience in law enforcement psychological screening...that might help...I know it helped me when I had to get a 2nd opinion...Best of luck to you.

Saver2000 in New Bedford, Massachusetts

44 months ago

Solid559 in Visalia, California said: Anyone else waiting?

www.varolo.com/village/DealLand

44 months ago

Shadow34 in Blythe, California said: BP...best bet is to appeal it asap...let the psychologist know what you are trying to do and that you need the 2nd opinion...if you can find a clinical/forensic psychologist that has experience in law enforcement psychological screening...that might help...I know it helped me when I had to get a 2nd opinion...Best of luck to you.

Hey shadow about how long did it take when you appealed it? Any recommendations for psychologist in the sc area? Thanks for the info and any help in advance.

romen in West Sacramento, California

44 months ago

waiting in visalia! For all those who are done with everything keep in touch june almost here and I'm just waiting for that email as im sure you are so everybody that's done let's keep in touch were about to take on the academy come on june.......waiting in visalia!

44 months ago

SO SORRY Bp.. Doesnt encourage me at all.. Im STILL waiting to hear back.. almost 5 weeks now! Good Luck on the appeal & let us know how it goes. Romen are you just waiting on the academy email.. you passed the oral psych already?!!? IF SO, how long did it take you to hear back from them?!? Most its 4-6 weeks.. im just curious!! I , Too, am WAITING in Visalia!!!!

44 months ago

I am not aware that they are trying to change the academy to 12 weeks, where did you get that information at ? Do not get discouarged BP, break out that phone book or ask friends if they know of any psyc, that would give you a good Recommendation .... How long after you did the psyc did it take for you to get your results ? also, who was the doctr that interviewed you ?

44 months ago

BP...it was Nov. 09 when they sent me the results saying that I had not passed the Oral Psych interview...From Nov. 09 to March 10 it took approx. 5 months for everything to be a moot point.

As for recommendations for a psychologist in the Sac. area no I don't other than grab a phone book and ask if they do law enforcement psychological screening...then find out how many prior ones they have done before yours...the more they have done the better your chances...my psychologist had done about 50 or so prior to me so I felt more comfortable hearing that he had done this before.

Usually, if you pass your Oral Psych Interview right off the bat, usually it is within a couple of weeks or longer because you have to be cleared from SPB Psych Screening Unit then you should have a couple of phone calls regarding your assignment whether it is Permanent Intermittent Employee (PIE) or Permanent Full-Time (PFT) once that call comes in...I recommend taking the first option they offer so you can get your foot in the door...Once you are at the academy...You will need lots of Ibuprofen and Icy Hot for you muscles for the physical portion of the academy.

Richard...they are trying to change the academy to 12 weeks so that the last 4 weeks instead of being up there you are at your institution with an Field Training Officer (FTO) means you start on the line sooner then the rest of us did...meaning the academy is trying to go to 3 months instead of 4 months...Has to do with the contract passing though (from what I have heard) I could be wrong but that is what I have heard.

Hope this helps everyone out and keep in touch...if you have any other questions feel free to email me at armydude34@yahoo.com...Let me know what institution you are going I might know other C/Os that are at your institutions from my academy that might be able to help you out once you get there.

Gary in Sacramento, California

44 months ago

Finally got my notice today stating I've cleared backgrounds. Hopefully I will get contacted soon so I can complete the medical exam and psych interview in time for the June Academy. Still waiting patiently.

Cowboysfan in El Centro, California

44 months ago

Congrats.

Aj12 in Long Beach, California

44 months ago

Hi im from delano ive been clear for hire since march hope i get an email for june academy

Cowboysfan in El Centro, California

44 months ago

is the rumor still going around about a possible hold being placed on the june academy?

determined1 in Visalia, California

44 months ago

Gary in Sacramento, California said: Finally got my notice today stating I've cleared backgrounds. Hopefully I will get contacted soon so I can complete the medical exam and psych interview in time for the June Academy. Still waiting patiently.

Hi, that's great news! Did you hear via email or in regular mail? I'm also waiting to get my cleared notice.

44 months ago

determined1 in Visalia, California said: Hi, that's great news! Did you hear via email or in regular mail? I'm also waiting to get my cleared notice.

Thank you and I got the news via regular mail. Good luck to you and I hope you hear something soon!

44 months ago

Cowboysfan in El Centro, California said: Congrats.

Thank you

44 months ago

Aj12 in Long Beach, California said: Hi im from delano ive been clear for hire since march hope i get an email for june academy

Mail.. email or phone call to let you know you passed the oral psych & med eval?!?! & How long did the waiting process take?!? Hopefully i hear something too so i have a chance for june academy also! Good Luck!~

44 months ago

Cowboysfan in El Centro, California said: is the rumor still going around about a possible hold being placed on the june academy?

Im guessing it is still just a rumor because i always check the Cdcr website and its still up.. USUALLY they will put TBA next to it if its up in the air?!!? But you never know!

LsR209 in Manteca, California

44 months ago

romen in West Sacramento, California said: waiting in visalia! For all those who are done with everything keep in touch june almost here and I'm just waiting for that email as im sure you are so everybody that's done let's keep in touch were about to take on the academy come on june.......waiting in visalia!

I'm also waiting....Waiting patiently to received a offer for June academy. I was cleared for hire in March.

Veteran 2006 in San Dimas, California

44 months ago

Gary in Sacramento, California said: Thank you

Congrats. How long did your background take? I been in backgrounds almost 3 months and havent heard anything.

44 months ago

Veteran 2006 in San Dimas, California said: Congrats. How long did your background take? I been in backgrounds almost 3 months and havent heard anything.

It took just a little over 3 months. My BI began January 19th and it was completed on April 22nd. Not hearing anything is always a good thing. I was contacted twice regarding a couple of discrepancies but I got them straightened out right away but was nervous at the time because I wasn't sure how they affected my investigation. If you're 90 days is up and your background is not too complex then I'm sure you'll be hearing something soon. If you are a veteran then I've heard that it does take a little longer but either way just be patient like I'm sure you already have been. I'm still where you are playing the waiting game and it is nerve wrecking because time is against us but hopefully things will work out how you want them to. Good luck!

44 months ago

Good luck to everyone at this time.

CACOPP in Highland, California

44 months ago

Graduated in 2008...love the job and make over 80K my first year. Don't give up guys.. :)

romen in West Sacramento, California

44 months ago

it took about 3 weeks for them to let me know, and yes just waiting on that email your in visalia cool keep in touch as it comes closer to june.

Mengland in San Francisco, California said: SO SORRY Bp.. Doesnt encourage me at all.. Im STILL waiting to hear back.. almost 5 weeks now! Good Luck on the appeal & let us know how it goes. Romen are you just waiting on the academy email.. you passed the oral psych already?!!? IF SO, how long did it take you to hear back from them?!? Most its 4-6 weeks.. im just curious!! I , Too, am WAITING in Visalia!!!!

i

SD LOVE in Chula Vista, California

44 months ago

I was cleared and put on the hiring list in about a month ago now. Waiting for Junes offer. Anyone know when they are going to send them out or has anyone already received an offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

romen in West Sacramento, California said: it took about 3 weeks for them to let me know, and yes just waiting on that email your in visalia cool keep in touch as it comes closer to june.

i

I will definitley let you know.. Im just getting nervous because its been 5 weeks, so maybe i didnt pass?~?~ I tried calling my analyst yesterday and she hasnt returned my phone call :( A lot of people arent passing (from what i read on these forums anyway) .. I was being honest when it came to drinking so hopefully that doesnt bite me in the butt in the end~...

RICK in Sacramento, California

44 months ago

I finished the Med exam and gas mask fitting section. Does anybody know what my next step would be?

Maranda in San Francisco, California

44 months ago

RICK in Sacramento, California said: I finished the Med exam and gas mask fitting section. Does anybody know what my next step would be?

Your Oral Psych if you havent done it so far! If so, then wait to be cleared for hire!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.