CDCR June Acadamy 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2301 to 2350 of 16019)
Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

C/O in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

I work at PBSP and they told us they want to cut 100 C/O positions up here, we are short as it is,they are holding over everyday and they want to cut jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pinoyn707

36 months ago

They are not cutting positions at level 4 no way all bunch rumors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

positive

36 months ago

C/O in Los Angeles, California said: I work at PBSP and they told us they want to cut 100 C/O positions up here, we are short as it is,they are holding over everyday and they want to cut jobs

You are not accurate. That is not true. where do you get your info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Mission Hills, California

36 months ago

From what I hear cutting has come to a complete stop...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

C/O

36 months ago

The SGT and LT Warden and CPT all had a meeting on Friday and that's what they all told us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

positive

36 months ago

C/O said: The SGT and LT Warden and CPT all had a meeting on Friday and that's what they all told us

Really i was there on friday and didnt hear anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

j in Rialto, California

36 months ago

CCPOA has a lengthy history of advocating for safe working conditions for it’s membership. Mike Jimenez, CCPOA president, stated “This is about safety and security. We have the fewest number of officers supervising the highest number of inmates in the country. Lower level inmates are being shifted to the counties and now the department is considering lowering the security classification of high risk inmates for housing in lower level facilities.” Mr. Jimenez also mentioned that CCPOA is very aware of the state’s fiscal challenges but safety and security shouldn’t be compromised as a result of budgetary shortfalls. “We will evaluate the plan and conduct our own staffing analysis”, Jimenez said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jimbojones in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

Ne one do the lateral process at Santa Barbara sheriff?

MobileME in Vacaville, California

36 months ago

jimbojones in Los Angeles, California said: Ne one do the lateral process at Santa Barbara sheriff?

Why?

MobileME in Vacaville, California

36 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C/O in Crescent City, California

36 months ago

Great another pay cut

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pete in Lynwood, California

35 months ago

$16,000,000,000. 00 deficit........

cdcr hopefull in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

I'm just going to keep my current job and forget about pursuing this Dept. By the time they are ready to hire I will be ready to retire!

Gregg in Hayward, California

35 months ago

cdcr hopefull in Los Angeles, California said: I'm just going to keep my current job and forget about pursuing this Dept. By the time they are ready to hire I will be ready to retire!

LA county Sheriff is hiring.

C/O in Lemoore, California

35 months ago

So, does anyone what's exactly going on with the Parole division? I took the the last parole exam and I just received an inquiry from Sacramento

cjmajor in Portland, Oregon

35 months ago

What gets me is the amount of determination these guys show and sacrifice they endure.

Pete in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

I'm in the testing process with L.A. County and got to the point of being told that I should be getting a call to schedule a polymers the very next week. That was the middle of March. I had heard that everything came to a temporary halt for some reason.

Gregg in Hayward, California said: LA county Sheriff is hiring.

Pete in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

*Poly. My phone misspelled.

Pete in Los Angeles, California said: I'm in the testing process with L.A. County and got to the point of being told that I should be getting a call to schedule a polymers the very next week. That was the middle of March. I had heard that everything came to a temporary halt for some reason.

Gregg in San Jose, California

35 months ago

Pete in Los Angeles, California said: *Poly. My phone misspelled.

I'll ask my friend. He's been working there 17 years.

cjmajor in Portland, Oregon

35 months ago

Pete in Los Angeles, California said: I'm in the testing process with L.A. County and got to the point of being told that I should be getting a call to schedule a polymers the very next week. That was the middle of March. I had heard that everything came to a temporary halt for some reason.

It's been at temporary halt since 2007. LoL . . . Anything new?

j in Rialto, California

35 months ago

Does anybody know what type of questions they give you at the riverside sheriff correctional deputy written exam? is it a multiple question test

Nick65 in Corona, California

35 months ago

j in Rialto, California said: Does anybody know what type of questions they give you at the riverside sheriff correctional deputy written exam? is it a multiple question test

If its like the deputy sheriff exam, which I think it is, its pretty much a multiple choice personality test. There is a little bit of math if I recall correctly. Easily the easiest test ive taken for any LE agency by far.

Zero5 Bell, CA in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

The Deputy Sheriff Trainee and Correctional Deputy written exam for Riverside is the same. Whether you apply for Deputy Sheriff Trainee or Correctional Deputy or both, the written is the same for both positions, it's pretty much a personality test, and from what I recall there is no math included and there's about 225 questions if I'm not mistaken. It's a two part exam, the first part consists of vocabulary words which you must provide synonyms for, the second part it's just questions that only you can answer based on your own perspective.

j in Rialto, California

35 months ago

Nick65 in Corona, California said: If its like the deputy sheriff exam, which I think it is, its pretty much a multiple choice personality test. There is a little bit of math if I recall correctly. Easily the easiest test ive taken for any LE agency by far.

hey thanks, you think is easier than the cdcr one

Nick65 in Corona, California

35 months ago

Thanks Zero youre right it was vocab. I couldnt remember of it was math or vocab.

J, I found it much easier since its questions based only on your personality

j in Rialto, California

35 months ago

Zero5 Bell, CA in Los Angeles, California said: The Deputy Sheriff Trainee and Correctional Deputy written exam for Riverside is the same. Whether you apply for Deputy Sheriff Trainee or Correctional Deputy or both, the written is the same for both positions, it's pretty much a personality test, and from what I recall there is no math included and there's about 225 questions if I'm not mistaken. It's a two part exam, the first part consists of vocabulary words which you must provide synonyms for, the second part it's just questions that only you can answer based on your own perspective.

thanks ,multiple choice you think

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California

35 months ago

cdcr has light at the end of tunnel. i just got rolled over to fulltime from pico. i was rolled to pico from ft 4 months ago

35 months ago

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California said: Hello there....I got a call from CDCR stating April 25th academy has been postponed until further notice. Anyone else get this call?

what institution are you at?

35 months ago

PieCOn in Los Alamitos, California said: Hello there....I got a call from CDCR stating April 25th academy has been postponed until further notice. Anyone else get this call?

what institution are you at?

e in Baldwin Park, California

35 months ago

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California said: cdcr has light at the end of tunnel. i just got rolled over to fulltime from pico. i was rolled to pico from ft 4 months ago

So pinoyn your not going to cry anymore

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CO in Bakersfield, California

35 months ago

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California said: cdcr has light at the end of tunnel. i just got rolled over to fulltime from pico. i was rolled to pico from ft 4 months ago

Pinay, congrats. I told you everything was going to be fine.

A paycut is probably coming again, but at least it's across the board and not just CDC guys.

35 months ago

I wonder if the pay cut will affect Highway patrol? I just wish for the sake of our state we could find a solution to this great deficit...

35 months ago

CO in Bakersfield, California said: Pinay, congrats. I told you everything was going to be fine.

A paycut is probably coming again, but at least it's across the board and not just CDC guys.

thanks man.

invader in Elk Grove, California

35 months ago

Hopefully that's a good sign for those of us that got laid off in February.

C/O in Crescent City, California

35 months ago

invader in Elk Grove, California said: Hopefully that's a good sign for those of us that got laid off in February.

Did you get laidoff because you didn't want to transfer

35 months ago

invader in Elk Grove, California said: Hopefully that's a good sign for those of us that got laid off in February.

we still have alot of overtime and alot of co's retiring played a factor

alberto1 in Sun City, California

35 months ago

Did a lot of Correctional officers get laid off or did they just refuse to transfer ? I heard from a buddy that everyone had/has a opportunity to transfer but a lot of officers dont want to and would rather be laid off and hope to get a better location in the future. I am just trying to figure out if there is any truth to that statement.

alberto1 in Sun City, California

35 months ago

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California said: they chose to get laid off. they had a choice to transfer or take a pico oncall position. They could have transferred or became a pico and be rolled to full time

So those guys will get the first calls to come back but if they dont want the location that is offered then they will hire new guys for those spots ? I am in the process and am just trying to grasp how the call backs will work. If you have any insight or know how that works i would appreciate the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cj in Victorville, California

35 months ago

What is going with wave 2? Is it still supposed to happen next month?

35 months ago

I got laid off because I didn't ask for a transfer. There were about 40 of us from DVI that got laid off. DVI only kept 10 PICO's and overtime is off the hook I guess. To transfer I was told by the institutions there were very little hours and no gurantees I wasn't getting laid off in the next wave. Didn't make sense to give up a new home and loose custody of my kids for no hours or guarantees. I asked to be re-employed at DVI, Mule Creek, CMF, Solano, CSP Sac, and Folsom. Hopefully with those selections and the new medical facility opening next year I get a call back soon.

unknown in Lodi, California

35 months ago

Hey Invader, keep us updated on what happens. I'm trying to transfer to the stockton facility which is due to open next year but with so many layoffs in the region, my guess would be that you all get hired there first and rightfully so, but we all know there are going to be people complaining about not getting a transfer. Anyway, good luck to you man and hopefully I'll see you at CHCF-Stockton!

35 months ago

at solano, overtime is still off the hook, I was a pico for 4 months and finally got rolled in otap full time position. Its worth the wait.

35 months ago

unknown in Lodi, California said: Hey Invader, keep us updated on what happens. I'm trying to transfer to the stockton facility which is due to open next year but with so many layoffs in the region, my guess would be that you all get hired there first and rightfully so, but we all know there are going to be people complaining about not getting a transfer. Anyway, good luck to you man and hopefully I'll see you at CHCF-Stockton!

I will. My buddy who got laid off with me ran into a SGT. at CMF and he told him that the Warden wants to hire 30 Pico's soon. Take it for what its worth, just thought I would pass it on. If true, my feeling is it may happen during the next wave to allow some officers a local choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pinoyn707

35 months ago

how much time u got invader

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

invader

35 months ago

Pinoyn707 said: how much time u got invader

I graduated from the academy last June 30.

35 months ago

you dont even have a year in the department. You should go pico here in solano. We have alot of pico slots open now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California said: you dont even have a year in the department. You should go pico here in solano. We have alot of pico slots open now

I know it crazy. I'll take a Pico spot because I was a Pico at DVI before my layoff. There were 14 of us that went to DVI from the academy and we all got laid off except for the few that transferred. When I got laid off I sent letters to all the wardens at the institutions I wanted to work at asking them for any position including Salano and was told "no, hires are handled through HR". DVI needs Pico's as well; they only have about 10 right now. there was over 50. How many Pico's Salano have?

35 months ago

Solano has over 20 pico's and we did have 50 plus pico's . Most got rolled over. I was getting 40 a week no problem as pico for 4 months.

wifeofco

35 months ago

Wave 2 coming soon.... See CDCR Members Only site or Gladiator Real Chit site for information...

CHARGERSSD in San Diego, California

35 months ago

whats the link to the CDCR members only site?

Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.