CDCR June Acadamy 2011

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3901 to 3950 of 12753)
Page:  « First « Previous   76  77  78  79  80  81  82  Next »   Last »

illchorizo in sacramento, California

11 months ago

Rob in Portland, Oregon said: Yep, hopefully us PIEs get rolled over to PFT relatively soon.

When I spoke to the analyst she said as PI they pretty much work you in full time capacity. She also said it's their goal to roll all PI over to PFT asap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Portland, Oregon

11 months ago

illchorizo in sacramento, California said: When I spoke to the analyst she said as PI they pretty much work you in full time capacity. She also said it's their goal to roll all PI over to PFT asap.

Yeah, that's the same thing she told me. She even said it was possible to roll over in the academy. My family member in HDSP seems to think ill get rolled over almost immediately.

bee in Monterey, California

11 months ago

Joe in Stockton, California said: That is fantastic. Congratulations.

My guy went in today for his medical and fit test and everything went really well. We are hoping to be in the next wave.

Has he done his Physc evaluation yet?

Joe in Pleasanton, California

11 months ago

bee in Monterey, California said: Has he done his Physc evaluation yet?

Ya, a week and a half ago.

Wife of applicant in California

11 months ago

Does anyone know how long the PEM is good for once you pass? Does it need to be retaken like the oral POPE?

mpjennings in Atascadero, California

11 months ago

Wife of applicant in California said: Does anyone know how long the PEM is good for once you pass? Does it need to be retaken like the oral POPE?

Yeah the PEM Is only good for a year after you pass, just like both components of the psych.

11 months ago

hopeful 2013 said: Congratulations to you. Wow what a remarkable journey. Good luck.

Thank you, much appreciated. A heads up for those waiting, the analyst also mentioned that as of 9 o'clock a.m. on Monday May 6th, they will be done filling the June 10th academy.

dallascowboyfan in Lancaster, California

11 months ago

After you do your PEM, how long do we wait to hear from someone?

11 months ago

dallascowboyfan in Lancaster, California said: After you do your PEM, how long do we wait to hear from someone?

I got an email from my analyst about 2 weeks after. It didn't specify any results, just said if I had any questions or concerns to contact them. I gave it 2 weeks, then sent an email asking if and when I would be notified of the results. After another 2 weeks without a response, I called and left a voicemail. Later that same day I got the phone call with a job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Waiting in SoCal in California

11 months ago

gamboa in El Paso, Texas said: Has anyone been offered a YCO or a YCC position???

I haven't heard of anyone getting picked up for YCO or YCC yet. I applied in 2011 and I've only just now completed all of the selection components for YCC. I am currently waiting to hear if I've made the certification list.

I'm glad for all of these CO candidates that there are a few CO academies in the pipeline; however, I bummed out that the youth correctional academy appears to be a lower priority or possibly not on offer at all.

gamboa in El Paso, Texas

11 months ago

I agree I was looking forward to a yco or ycc academy. After being in the process for over 2YRS I will take a CO offer though anything to get into the dep.

Rob in Vancouver, Washington

11 months ago

To anyone going to the may academy, how long did it take you to order/get your uniforms and what not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lucky123 in Atascadero, California

11 months ago

Rob in Vancouver, Washington said: To anyone going to the may academy, how long did it take you to order/get your uniforms and what not?

I went to a uniform supply store, they had everything in stock. It did take them two days to hem the legs up and sow on patches though. I wouldn't wait any longer than monday in case they have to order your size. The only thing I'm not sure about is if we need a seasonal coat.

hopeful 2013

11 months ago

so I have been reading some of the old post and some of the people on there have talked about the medical component from the last time my question is is there any females out there reading this that have gone through the medical component recently? I'm curious if they still check the back door I read that earlier post thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

hopeful 2013 said: so I have been reading some of the old post and some of the people on there have talked about the medical component from the last time my question is is there any females out there reading this that have gone through the medical component recently? I'm curious if they still check the back door I read that earlier post thank you

Hi hopeful,

I am a female and I recently completed the pre-employment medical about a month ago in SoCal. I did have to dress in a medical robe; but, I did NOT have to disrobe at any time and they did not perform a rectal or genital exam. I can only speak to my experience have no idea if different medical centers do things differently.

11 months ago

Oh....and to be specific, I am an applicant for YCC. I don't know if CO candidates have a different examination or not. I had to pass the same written, physical agility and POPE exams like the COs, so I imagine that the medical would be the same as well.

11 months ago

Waiting in SoCal in California said: Oh....and to be specific, I am an applicant for YCC. I don't know if CO candidates have a different examination or not. I had to pass the same written, physical agility and POPE exams like the COs, so I imagine that the medical would be the same as well.

My app was for ycc, yco, and co. I am a male, but I did get a big ol finger up the backside as well as a genital exam.

SIERRA in Fontana, California

11 months ago

WELP..I TAKE MY PFT IN ONTARIO TOMMAROW..AND HONESTLY I DONT FEEL IM READY AT ALL, DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PHYSICALLY PREPARE MYSELF BUT IM JUST GONNA TAKE IT AND GIVE IT MY ALL AND LEAVE IT IN GODS HANDS ( :

SIERRA in Fontana, California

11 months ago

SIERRA in Fontana, California said: WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE WEIGHTS WERE OUTSIDE? WERE THEY HEAVY? PLEASE DESCRIBE IN DETAIL WHAT U HAD TO DO..I TAKE MINES MONDAY MORNING IM SOO NERVOUS

WAS IT KETTLEBELL WEIGHTS?

hopeful 2013

11 months ago

Waiting in SoCal in California said: Hi hopeful,

I am a female and I recently completed the pre-employment medical about a month ago in SoCal. I did have to dress in a medical robe; but, I did NOT have to disrobe at any time and they did not perform a rectal or genital exam. I can only speak to my experience have no idea if different medical centers do things differently.

Thank you for that. I spoke with a female that went through a 2010 academy. According to her she had to open her robe from the front so the doctor could see her and he bent down to check her sex. She said he had her bend forward on the bed and she got the back door checked. Then k read on here there were others that mentioned similar medicals. Just wondering what I could be getting into ...lol..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California

11 months ago

SIERRA in Fontana, California said: WAS IT KETTLEBELL WEIGHTS?

Let us know if you passed! Good luck

11 months ago

Anyone who did the pft got any tips for passing it? I know they test you around week 1 of the academy and around week 14. I'm gonna be running over the next 5 weeks, but is there anything special that worked for you?

C O in fresno in fresno, California

11 months ago

Rob in Vancouver, Washington said: Anyone who did the pft got any tips for passing it? I know they test you around week 1 of the academy and around week 14. I'm gonna be running over the next 5 weeks, but is there anything special that worked for you?

Just run at comfortable pace so u have some strength to get through the weights at the end. The first run is to see where u at conditioning whise, the one at the end is pass or fail, its not very difficult and they have a track onsite to run on after training

Rob in Salem, Oregon

11 months ago

C O in fresno in fresno, California said: Just run at comfortable pace so u have some strength to get through the weights at the end. The first run is to see where u at conditioning whise, the one at the end is pass or fail, its not very difficult and they have a track onsite to run on after training

Thanks, im pretty worried about the whole thing. The weights I dont think will be a problem, as 45x2 pounds isnt a lot compared to my frame (7 ft 345 lbs), the whole running thing is my worry. Right now im doing the 1500 yards in like 2 1/2 minutes comfortably (on a straightaway). Hopefully adding stairs/obstacle course doesnt slow me down too much. I guess I have approximately 20 weeks to improve my time anyways before I take my final pftt; maybe they will have mercy on me lol.

Another c/o in Fresno, California

11 months ago

Just remember not to over do it and end up being one of the ones who get injured. You will have plenty of time to prepare yourself before the final run. Like c/o in Fresno said, don't burn all your energy...keep a steady pace and you'll do fine. Have someone on side lines time you and when you get to weights have them let you know how much time is left. I passed the first time with little effort, the second time I cut almost 2 minutes off. It's really hard to fail, the ones who do are because they didn't put in a real effort to apply themselves. Good luck, glad to see there running academies again...we're short staffed and the cons/inmates are getting worse with assaults! Welcome to the team!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wife of applicant in California

11 months ago

mpjennings in Atascadero, California said: Yeah the PEM Is only good for a year after you pass, just like both components of the psych.

Thanks, still waiting to be called for that

11 months ago

Another c/o in Fresno, California said: Just remember not to over do it and end up being one of the ones who get injured. You will have plenty of time to prepare yourself before the final run. Like c/o in Fresno said, don't burn all your energy...keep a steady pace and you'll do fine. Have someone on side lines time you and when you get to weights have them let you know how much time is left. I passed the first time with little effort, the second time I cut almost 2 minutes off. It's really hard to fail, the ones who do are because they didn't put in a real effort to apply themselves. Good luck, glad to see there running academies again...we're short staffed and the cons/inmates are getting worse with assaults! Welcome to the team!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm pretty excited to be apart of cdcr. It's been a wild ride and the worst hasn't even begun yet.

To anyone who got the June academy, did you guys receive your emails yet confirming your appointment?

11 months ago

For those who recently completed the PFT have you gotten an email yet for the next step?

Oso041 in Long Beach, California

11 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: For those who recently completed the PFT have you gotten an email yet for the next step?

Not yet. I'm hoping they come this week

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California

11 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: For those who recently completed the PFT have you gotten an email yet for the next step?

I JUST got an email saying I passed the written :D I get fingerprinted at the end of next month.

11 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I JUST got an email saying I passed the written :D I get fingerprinted at the end of next month.

You did your pft 4/24 right? when did you do the written?

Fernando in Woodland, California

11 months ago

Same here. Mid June i will get fingerprinted.

kinda sucks the way they are doing it this time around. It seems to be broken down more. Last time I did multiple components in one day if i recall correctly.

Written/Written psych
Physical/Vision/Fingerprints
Background interview
medical/Mask fitting
Psych interview

11 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I JUST got an email saying I passed the written :D I get fingerprinted at the end of next month.

Congrats! Was it similar to the sample test on the CDCR website?

11 months ago

PFT was on 4/24 and I took the written the following monday on 4/29.

Thank you! :) And yes, the test was exactly like the sample one on the site.

11 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: PFT was on 4/24 and I took the written the following monday on 4/29.

Thank you! :) And yes, the test was exactly like the sample one on the site.

wow that was quick! when did they notify you of the written? did they give you days notice? I did my pft on 5/1 and they told me to wait for an email...so now I'm just waiting...

11 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: wow that was quick! when did they notify you of the written? did they give you days notice? I did my pft on 5/1 and they told me to wait for an email...so now I'm just waiting...

My written date was on my notice to appear for the PFT. It said I would return on 4/29 for the written IF I passed the PFT.

11 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: My written date was on my notice to appear for the PFT. It said I would return on 4/29 for the written IF I passed the PFT.

awww ok...I just re-read my email and it doesn't say... :( oh well I guess I get to wait.

11 months ago

no, you should call

11 months ago

Fernando in Woodland, California said: no, you should call

Why should we call? For those of us who took the PFT on 5/2 it's been less than a week

11 months ago

Fernando in Woodland, California said: no, you should call

I just did and they said they haven't input the results in yet and some emails will start going out by the end of this week to test in two weeks from the email date.
Oh well back to waiting...tic toc tic toc...

11 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: I just did and they said they haven't input the results in yet and some emails will start going out by the end of this week to test in two weeks from the email date.
Oh well back to waiting...tic toc tic toc...

Thanks for letting us know.

11 months ago

well unless they are processing people differently, then dont call. But most of us got a date and time on the intial email for the PFT. It said IF you pass the PFT, you will then show up on XXXX to take the written exam at whatever time they assigned you to

hope that makes sense?? lol

11 months ago

Fernando in Woodland, California said: well unless they are processing people differently, then dont call. But most of us got a date and time on the intial email for the PFT. It said IF you pass the PFT, you will then show up on XXXX to take the written exam at whatever time they assigned you to

My email said: "If you pass the PFT and the BI Prescreen you will be sent an email scheduling you for the written test. The written test will be administered at the Southern Testing Center in Rancho Cucamonga."

11 months ago

Fernando in Woodland, California said: well unless they are processing people differently, then dont call. But most of us got a date and time on the intial email for the PFT. It said IF you pass the PFT, you will then show up on XXXX to take the written exam at whatever time they assigned you to

What doesn't make sense is the way they are doing it...it should all be the same and not some a certain way and others a different way...I guess it all depends where you tested?

11 months ago

OHHHHHHH, maybe cuz your down south?? So they re processing us differently

11 months ago

Fernando in Woodland, California said: OHHHHHHH, maybe cuz your down south?? So they re processing us differently

That doesn't seem to make sense. Wouldn't it be more efficient to process us all the same so we can help each other if we're confused...

11 months ago

Oso041 in Long Beach, California said: My email said: "If you pass the PFT and the BI Prescreen you will be sent an email scheduling you for the written test. The written test will be administered at the Southern Testing Center in Rancho Cucamonga."

yup mine too.

11 months ago

i hear you guys. strap in, were in for a longggg ride..lol. this is my 3rd go at it

Them breaking down the process is making it difficult with work. I gotta keep pulling excuses out of my rear to get time off. :)

mpjennings in Atascadero, California

11 months ago

Rob in Vancouver, Washington said: Thanks for the encouragement, I'm pretty excited to be apart of cdcr. It's been a wild ride and the worst hasn't even begun yet.

To anyone who got the June academy, did you guys receive your emails yet confirming your appointment?

No I haven't gotten the email yet.

11 months ago

Fernando in Woodland, California said: i hear you guys. strap in, were in for a longggg ride..lol. this is my 3rd go at it

Them breaking down the process is making it difficult with work. I gotta keep pulling excuses out of my rear to get time off. :)

I got lucky for the pft date was a day I had scheduled off a month before...but now trying to get time off within two weeks is going to be an adventure for me...I guess its time to get creative huh ;)

Page:  « First « Previous   76  77  78  79  80  81  82  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.