ANYBODY EXCITED TO GO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

jess in El Centro, California

14 months ago

theres an academy in may? i thought there was one in July? :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CDCRDubert in Elk Grove, California

14 months ago

May academy cadets, where is everyone going??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Doc in Fremont, California said: When did you all apply?
I applied before summer 2011 and took my psych written test in February this year and waiting now...
I heard June and July 2,000 cadets.

I'm in the same situation. I applied almost two years ago and took the written psych as well back in early march. Im still awaiting the oral psych date. I know there are candidates who have been in the process just as long, if not longer. This process if definitely a slow one, but I think it helps weed out those who just want a job versus a career. I'm in it for the long haul, I'm not planning to drop out from the process. I'm hoping to get an academy date this year, but I will wait as long as necessary. Congrats to those who got the May academy, I've very happy for all of you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Doc in San Jose, California

14 months ago

Jonathan in Los Angeles, California said: I'm in the same situation. I applied almost two years ago and took the written psych as well back in early march. Im still awaiting the oral psych date. I know there are candidates who have been in the process just as long, if not longer. This process if definitely a slow one, but I think it helps weed out those who just want a job versus a career. I'm in it for the long haul, I'm not planning to drop out from the process. I'm hoping to get an academy date this year, but I will wait as long as necessary. Congrats to those who got the May academy, I've very happy for all of you!

Yes congrats to the May people. I just spoke with my uncle and he did hear the upcoming academies are small but a big full on academy should be coming up.

I'm thinking we're in the July or August group but I'm speculating. Also I'm from the bay area and I did the psych written like Feb 20th @ the academy in Galt. One of my friends tested with me and another tested later that week. There were 100+ of us Wednesday and 300+ on the last day. I'm guessing about 1,000 people did the pysch written that week. and the few I talked to applied same time as me May 2011.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Doc in San Jose, California said: Yes congrats to the May people. I just spoke with my uncle and he did hear the upcoming academies are small but a big full on academy should be coming up.

I'm thinking we're in the July or August group but I'm speculating. Also I'm from the bay area and I did the psych written like Feb 20th @ the academy in Galt. One of my friends tested with me and another tested later that week. There were 100+ of us Wednesday and 300+ on the last day. I'm guessing about 1,000 people did the pysch written that week. and the few I talked to applied same time as me May 2011.

Hi Doc, did you have your oral psych interview yet.?

14 months ago

Jonathan in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Doc, did you have your oral psych interview yet.?

Nope not yet. I'm thinking in the next month or so it should be scheduled. That's what my uncle and I are thinking if I'm going to make a July or august academy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Now that I've found this and another forum I'll definitely update my status and any news I hear.

14 months ago

Doc in San Jose, California said: Now that I've found this and another forum I'll definitely update my status and any news I hear.

I will do the same. This will help other candidates for sure! It's nice to know that there's the potential for us to still get an academy date this year.

jess in El Centro, California

14 months ago

theres going to be an academy in august?

Doc in Daly City, California

14 months ago

jess in El Centro, California said: theres going to be an academy in august?

that's what someone else said on the other forum and it's supposed to be mostly norcal.
a bunch of us took the psych written in feb this year. one person is going to the june academy and working in susanville that I know of from our group.

May is only 63 people... I'm assuming July and August are possibly going to be full academies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C O REYES in Merced, California

14 months ago

I applied in October of 2010, passed my written with a 95 and had background cleared 2 years ago now. Last month I had my medical and psychological interview. I am now waiting to have a job offer soon (hopefully). I am not sure when they will have the next academy they told me July but that is always subject to change.

Doc in Daly City, California

14 months ago

C O REYES in Merced, California said: I applied in October of 2010, passed my written with a 95 and had background cleared 2 years ago now. Last month I had my medical and psychological interview. I am now waiting to have a job offer soon (hopefully). I am not sure when they will have the next academy they told me July but that is always subject to change.

yeah you're definitely getting in soon... I hope I'm in with you or after you but I applied May 2011.
keep us updated once you hear back!

14 months ago

I called the peace officer selection line in Sacramento today. But no luck yet, my psych. Interview is not cleared yet, and it has been over one month now. They are just waiting on that to put me on the list. The lady I spoke to said they have an academy for June but it is small and filled already. How far along in the process are you?

CDCRDubert in Elk Grove, California

14 months ago

First week we already lost 2 cadets!!!!! All I can say about day 1 was WOW!!! The next 4 days no sweat!!!! Week 1 done15 weeks to go!!!!!

Jonathan

14 months ago

Wow, two gone already? Never quit! Never!

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California

14 months ago

CDCRDubert in Elk Grove, California said: First week we already lost 2 cadets!!!!! All I can say about day 1 was WOW!!! The next 4 days no sweat!!!! Week 1 done15 weeks to go!!!!!

How many cadets total in academy and where are they assigned to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cdc1 in lost hills, California

14 months ago

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California said: How many cadets total in academy and where are they assigned to?

62 cadets left most are going to Corcoran,High Desert, and Pelican Bay

illchorizo in sacramento, California

14 months ago

Anyone in academy hear anything about a timeframe for being rolled over to Perm. full time? My analyst said they were going to try and get everyone rolled over asap.

june cadet in Stockton, California

13 months ago

What's the reason for the 2 cadets leaving?

13 months ago

C O REYES in Merced, California said: I applied in October of 2010, passed my written with a 95 and had background cleared 2 years ago now. Last month I had my medical and psychological interview. I am now waiting to have a job offer soon (hopefully). I am not sure when they will have the next academy they told me July but that is always subject to change.

June 10 is the next academy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

june cadet in Stockton, California said: June 10 is the next academy.

when did you have your psych interview? I did mine about 6 weeks ago and still waiting for it to clear.

13 months ago

C O REYES in Merced, California said: when did you have your psych interview? I did mine about 6 weeks ago and still waiting for it to clear.

March 6. Mine cleared in two weeks. Have you contacted them?

13 months ago

june cadet in Stockton, California said: March 6. Mine cleared in two weeks. Have you contacted them?

Yes I have been contacting them, I just did a few minutes ago and they just said it takes a month a half tops. The agency who I work for now cleared my psych the same day I had my interview. It just worries me that it is taking so long for them.

junecadet in Stockton, California

13 months ago

C O REYES in Merced, California said: Yes I have been contacting them, I just did a few minutes ago and they just said it takes a month a half tops. The agency who I work for now cleared my psych the same day I had my interview. It just worries me that it is taking so long for them.

Hopefully it all works out for you. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

junecadet in Stockton, California

13 months ago

Any other females going to the June academy?! I'm a little nervous. Any advice?

13 months ago

U wanna buy some new cdcr 5.11 ripstop tdu pants size medium regular got pair kinda small for me 50 for both u can pair with two piece jumpsuit. Wash once never worn

13 months ago

They are sold out at uniform shop 5.11 green tdu ripstop pants very popular

Rob in Mt Meadows Area, California

13 months ago

Glad I found this forum before the academy. Down 2 people already? That's crazy and a little scary. What's the reason for losing them? I wouldn't imagine people just getting discouraged/yelled at as a means to quit, wonder if they got injured or something... Any info would help as next week I'm gonna be joining u guys.

Ricky2guns in Vacaville, California

13 months ago

Rob in Mt Meadows Area, California said: Glad I found this forum before the academy. Down 2 people already? That's crazy and a little scary. What's the reason for losing them? I wouldn't imagine people just getting discouraged/yelled at as a means to quit, wonder if they got injured or something... Any info would help as next week I'm gonna be joining u guys.

There's all kinds of reasons why Cadet's leave, don't make anything out of it. About 7% wash out on avg.

Rob in Mt Meadows Area, California

13 months ago

Ricky2guns in Vacaville, California said: There's all kinds of reasons why Cadet's leave, don't make anything out of it. About 7% wash out on avg.

Yah, I just don't wanna be one if the 7% lol.

PeteA in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

What is the first week like?

Robert0757 in sacramento, California

13 months ago

pinoyn707 in Vallejo, California said: U wanna buy some new cdcr 5.11 ripstop tdu pants size medium regular got pair kinda small for me 50 for both u can pair with two piece jumpsuit. Wash once never worn

in t
why you trying to sell these to cadets that ARE NOT ALLOWED to wear them in the academy and may choose not to wear them when they get to the institution,

JohnSmith112 in Palm Springs, California

13 months ago

anyone know if there are vacancies in socal institutions like Ironwood, Caliparia etc ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Norcal CO in Mountain View, California

13 months ago

Has anyone failed the PEM due to taking vicodin with a valid prescription? I have heard they are DQ'ing if you have taken vicodin even if you have a valid
Prescription?? Please help??

Whatshisname in California

13 months ago

Any one headed to CMC or and central institions
looking for a 1 for 1 at SCC in Jamestown

CO IN WAITING-VICTORVILLE CA in Victorville, California

13 months ago

JohnSmith112 in Palm Springs, California said: anyone know if there are vacancies in socal institutions like Ironwood, Caliparia etc ??

Vacancies exist for CO's that were laid off in wave 2

cadet4rlpcofcr in Bakersfield, California

13 months ago

Not in so.cal

Jonathan in Paramount, California

13 months ago

I've been scheduled to do my medical June 28. I took the written psychological in late February this year.

cohopeful

12 months ago

Any new news

javier diaz in Sonora, California

12 months ago

I took the written psychological exam on February, 20 2013 and I haven't heard anything back. I called the testing department and they told me give it a few weeks. I dont know why is taking so long?

Tnav in Fresno, California

12 months ago

Same here bro

Jsrok in Elk Grove, California

12 months ago

Tnav in Fresno, California said: Same here bro

I took the written same day as you guys! Mine was at the academy in galt, I just did my medical and oral psych last week back to back days. You guys should be right there!

Backtowork in Fontana, California

12 months ago

Got a spot at RJD

CO IN WAITING-VICTORVILLE CA in Victorville, California

12 months ago

JohnSmith112 in Palm Springs, California said: anyone know if there are vacancies in socal institutions like Ironwood, Caliparia etc ??

All So. Cal institutions are not taking anyone.....just central and northern Ca. Its possible CCI (Tehachapi) may be on the list. If it is take it is a great pen...

javier diaz in Sonora, California

11 months ago

Is any one from the 2011 group going to the September Academy? Im still waiting for my Oral, and Medical.

Jrv in San Leandro, California

11 months ago

javier diaz in Sonora, California said: Is any one from the 2011 group going to the September Academy? Im still waiting for my Oral, and Medical.

We r hopin to. Haven't got confirmation for anything yet.

TLCervantes in Dinuba, California

10 months ago

When is the next upcoming academy?

ATT in San Jose, California

10 months ago

TLCervantes in Dinuba, California said: When is the next upcoming academy?

september 30 ... there are few more check on the website of cdcr as well

Jones502 in Rialto, California

9 months ago

I'm going to academy in sept 30th . I took the written in dec. 2010 . I live in inland empire and I'm going to be working at deuel if I pass the academy. Just like most of you, nervous and stressed and worried the whole way.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.