CDCR Quest 4 2016 Academy!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1097)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

nokboi in Sacramento, California

24 months ago

Hello fellow canidates!!.
I wanted to start a new forum for the ones that applied this year 2015.
Here's my dates let's begin.

Applied. 04/17/15
Written 06/08/15
PFT. 07/29/15
Live Scan 08/14/15
I'm awaiting to be assigned to a BI. Please let's get this started so we can track each other and the process!! GOODLUCK;)

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Sounds great, I applied almost about the same time that you did and am also waiting for BI to contact me.

Applied 04/20/2015
Written 06/01/2015
PFT. 07/28/2015
Live Scan 08/06/2015

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Sounds great, I applied almost about the same time that you did and am also waiting for BI to contact me.

Applied 04/20/2015
Written 06/01/2015
PFT. 07/28/2015
Live Scan 08/06/2015

Right on!!! I pray this process won't be sooooooo long!

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

According to what I have been reading on the other forums, waiting for the BI to contact us can take from 3 months to 6 07 7 months. I am trying to be patient with this process. I paid to have my own DOJ live scan and it came out clean, but I have had 2 DUI's in the past, the last one was 31 years ago. I put it down on my PHS. No felonies, mainly all failure to appear. I had 2 tickets in 2007 that I ignored both and they turned into failures to appear in 2008. I paid them in 2008 and have had no other tickets or traffic stops since.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: According to what I have been reading on the other forums, waiting for the BI to contact us can take from 3 months to 6 07 7 months. I am trying to be patient with this process. I paid to have my own DOJ live scan and it came out clean, but I have had 2 DUI's in the past, the last one was 31 years ago. I put it down on my PHS. No felonies, mainly all failure to appear. I had 2 tickets in 2007 that I ignored both and they turned into failures to appear in 2008. I paid them in 2008 and have had no other tickets or traffic stops since.

Wow.. Good you have everything cleaned up. I just have a traffic ticket which also turned into a failure in 2013. I'm almost done paying it off now! What prison would like to work at? I would like to go for MSP,FSP.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I live near Pinole. I would like to work at SQ, Solano, Folsom, or Tracy, but I will take whatever they offer at this point.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: I live near Pinole. I would like to work at SQ, Solano, Folsom, or Tracy, but I will take whatever they offer at this point.

Lol.. same here!! Keep me posted and I will do the same. God's speed

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Will do!

Reply - Report abuse

NRobinson823 in Ceres, California

24 months ago

Hello!

Applied: 04/03/15 (I think they forgot about me!)
Written: 09/22/15
PFT: 10/13/15 (I'll keep you posted!)

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I applied 4/16/15
Written on 6/1/15
PFT on 7/28/155
Live scan turned in phs on 8/6/1555
Waiting for BI to contact me.

It is a very weird process. I've read fir some candidates it takes longer than it d o es for others. We just got to be patient.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Oops I mean turned in phs 8/6/15.

Reply - Report abuse

NRobinson823 in Ceres, California

24 months ago

I am required to have PHS notarized and ready to turn in with accompanying forms/documents on the day of my PFT.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Yes have it notarized and ready to turn in. If for some reason you forget to put some information in the phs, you will be ab k e to update it when you meet with BI. When you pass the pft they will give you appointment date and time for your live scan.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

NRobinson823 in Ceres, California said: I am required to have PHS notarized and ready to turn in with accompanying forms/documents on the day of my PFT.

Yep.. If not, I believe it slows your process even more. I also believe they actually start the paper work after. They HIGHLY encourage you have it present on the PFT day.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

How do you ladies & gents fill about the freeze for applicants? And do you think that will push us back even more?

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I think that we will go through the whole process and if we don't get dq then we will get offers. Just going to take at least 12 months though.

Reply - Report abuse

Duramaxxed209

24 months ago

Nokboi in Sacramento, California said: How do you ladies & gents fill about the freeze for applicants? And do you think that will push us back even more?

I think the freeze for applicants will be a good thing for those of us already in the process. It gives OPOS more time to work on our tests and scheduling rather than process new apps and phs packets. At least that's My theory!! Haha just being hopeful

Reply - Report abuse

Corey in California

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Does anyone here know if OPOS is still processing 2014 applicants? Trying to see when there will only be 2015 applicants left for processing, I got a long ways to go as I did my Live Scan on August 6, 2015 and still waiting for BI to contact me.

OPOS is still processing 2013 applications.

Reply - Report abuse

bayaco in San Francisco, California

24 months ago

Hi guys....I'll throw my post in here too.

Applied: 4/17/15

Written: 6/2/15 (passed)

PFT: 7/28/15 (passed)

Live Scan: 8/6/15

Just keeping busy and trying to pretty much ignore this for awhile. Thinking about it every day just makes you anxious! I'm not super worried about the hiring process because they didn't hire AT ALL for several years and they lost quite a few to retirement. I've been told that they need around 1400 people per year just to keep up with regular retirements....so they will always need new people.

It's a good job and worth waiting for.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I apologize to you for the typo. It happens whenever I respond with my cell phone. I meant to type that I agree with you that we have to stay busy. I have been reading the other forums and some candidates are still in the process and began in 2013. Everyone is different though and some candidates are processed very quick. I stopped trying to figure out how the state is using the selection process because it varies from candidate to candidate, 'some with lower scores are clearing quicker than candidates with higher scores. Any ideas?

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

bayaco in San Francisco, California said: Hi guys....I'll throw my post in here too.

Applied: 4/17/15

Written: 6/2/15 (passed)

PFT: 7/28/15 (passed)

Live Scan: 8/6/15

Just keeping busy and trying to pretty much ignore this for awhile. Thinking about it every day just makes you anxious! I'm not super worried about the hiring process because they didn't hire AT ALL for several years and they lost quite a few to retirement. I've been told that they need around 1400 people per year just to keep up with regular retirements....so they will always need new people.

It's a good job and worth waiting for.

Well said. I definitely try to apply that remedy and it is working for me. The more your thinking the more your stressing. Our dates are close too. God be with you!!

Reply - Report abuse

bigjon831 in Fresno, California

24 months ago

Waiting on response. Applied July 11th of 2015. Application accepted Aug 4th of 2015. Waiting and excited to take the written. Any advice?

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Congrats on being accepted. When do you take the written? You can go online and do the practice test.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

BigJon831 in Fresno, California said: Waiting on response. Applied July 11th of 2015. Application accepted Aug 4th of 2015. Waiting and excited to take the written. Any advice?

I would carefully read, don't over think it cuzz you will destroy yourself and if your not good with math start it first it's in the back of the test. Everything is common sense but you can get caught with the little things if you fly through it. God bless yah and you got it!!

Reply - Report abuse

bigjon831 in Fresno, California

24 months ago

Nokboi in Sacramento, California said: I would carefully read, don't over think it cuzz you will destroy yourself and if your not good with math start it first it's in the back of the test. Everything is common sense but you can get caught with the little things if you fly through it. God bless yah and you got it!!

Thanks for the advice. God bless

Reply - Report abuse

2014waiting in California

24 months ago

wow, looking online for any news about guys getting through and just noticed you guys that have recently applied. Wanted to give you all my dates to let you know how long its been so far.

9/26/14 - applied
1/21/15- written test
2/19/15- physical fitness test
3/10/15- livescan
8/12/15- pre investigative interview/start of background check

so already over 12 months from time of applying and my BI said background could take 4-5 months from the start of it.

be patient. That's what I have learned through all of this

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Wow!! I'm so glad I love my current job. It helps with to where I'm not stressing out!!

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

For me it's a bummer cuz I retired 3 years ago.

Reply - Report abuse

mi8610ke in Ontario, California

24 months ago

Question for all. My son is a CO. He has been in for almost 2 years. I just recently applied. Anyway this is the question. Theres a rumor going around that the federal prision in victorville maybe taken over by the state. It is to happen in june or july 2016. Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Anyone else hear this rumor???

Reply - Report abuse

bayaco in San Francisco, California

24 months ago

I haven't heard that rumor but I wouldn't put much stock into it.

Reply - Report abuse

omar66 in Delano, California

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Does anyone here know if OPOS is still processing 2014 applicants? Trying to see when there will only be 2015 applicants left for processing, I got a long ways to go as I did my Live Scan on August 6, 2015 and still waiting for BI to contact me.

No way still waiting for a BI? can you put out the dates on your process?

I cant give u exact dates besides for my BII & My upcoming Psych but

Applied: 9/17/2014
Written: November
Pft: December
Live Scan: Early January
PII: July/17/2015
Clear BG: 10/1/15
Psych: Schedule for 10/15/15

Li

Reply - Report abuse

2015process in Bakersfield, California

24 months ago

Applied 04/17/15
written 06/30/15
pft 08/15/15
09/14/15 had to reschedule pft.
live scan 10/05/15

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Sounds great, I applied almost about the same time that you did and am also waiting for BI to contact me.

Applied 04/20/2015
Written 06/01/2015
PFT. 07/28/2015
Live Scan 08/06/2015

Mr Vilavilla I to am a vet and 55 years old. If i am not incorrect you are a vet and your a young rooster such as myself. HA HA I been asking myself if i was the only old goat on here. Mike

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Hey Mike I am glad to hear that I'm not the lone oldster trying to get into this career. Heck I can still work another 15 years (lol). How long have you been waiting? Frank.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Frank i only applied 3 plus months ago. several years ago i applied. Took the written,PFT but withdrew.Things came up. My son is a CO he applied after i withdrew. Pleasure to meet you.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Hey Mike I am glad to hear that I'm not the lone oldster trying to get into this career. Heck I can still work another 15 years (lol). How long have you been waiting? Frank.

Frank i do have a question for you. As a vet we are to submit our DD 214. They are asking for schedule C. I requested this from archives. They did send a coppy of my dd214 but not schedule C. Then i called they told me they dont have a copy of schedule C snd that it was give to a diffrent department when i was discharged. Did you send a schedule C?????????? Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Mike I have many friends who are CO'S and some are parole agents. I retired 3 years ago and one day I get a call from one of mm t parole agent buddies and he wanted ne to apply and I did. I worked with inmates at San Quentin and at the parole offices. I did my live scan on 8/6/15. It's going to be awhile for us. When I do meet with my BI I am going to have to update my phs. I left some things out, I had to go back 45 years and I just left out some things.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

There is so much for us to put down on our phs. Its not like we just got out of high school.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I did not send a schedule c. I sent a copy of my DD214 to human resources in Sacramento. They will then send you back a letter indicating that you have been approved for veterans preference. I then sent that letter to opos and they placed it in my file. Once we clear everything we go to the top of the hiring list.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Mike I have many friends who are CO'S and some are parole agents. I retired 3 years ago and one day I get a call from one of mm t parole agent buddies and he wanted ne to apply and I did. I worked with inmates at San Quentin and at the parole offices. I did my live scan on 8/6/15. It's going to be awhile for us. When I do meet with my BI I am going to have to update my phs. I left some things out, I had to go back 45 years and I just left out some things.

I cant remember what i did 45 minutes ago much less that 45 years. HA HA...I have been working on my PHS. due to all the information required.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I filled my phs out for 2 months and still forgot some things. I called opos and they told me not to stress over it. At my interview I can let the investigator know that I forgot some things.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I All ready sent a copy of my DD214 to human resources and received a letter back being approved for veterans preference. When i applied several years back my BI requested it even thou human resources had a copy.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Yeah you can send it to opos and they will put it in your file. I called opos to confirm and it is in my file. Mike you can also email me if you want. Frank.e.ybarra@gmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

vilavilla said: Yeah you can send it to opos and they will put it in your file. I called opos to confirm and it is in my file. Mike you can also email me if you want. Frank.e.ybarra@gmail.com

When do you take the test?

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: I filled my phs out for 2 months and still forgot some things. I called opos and they told me not to stress over it. At my interview I can let the investigator know that I forgot some things.

what town do you live in?? I live in ontario/upland therefore my BI will be out of Rancho Cucamonga.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

I live in San pablo. It's in the bay area and I go to sacramento.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

I do not have a date yet. I took it in the past all i did was look at the practice test. At that time they added 15 points to my score.

Reply - Report abuse

vilavilla

24 months ago

Now they don't give extra points, they place us at the top of the hiring list.

Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

vilavilla said: I live in San pablo. It's in the bay area and I go to sacramento.

I belive i have 2 to 5 months before i take the written test. The reason i say that is my son has a friend who applied in january and just took his written 3 weeks ago. Unless being a vet gets me in sooner.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.