Comments (51 to 100 of 3303)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

ron

66 months ago

What kind of things did they ask u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Junior03 in New Britain, Connecticut

66 months ago

Always wear a suit for all interview, like AnaLee said, first impression.... is the Best!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut

66 months ago

General common sense questions....
They asked me about two- scenarious and wanted my view, how would I handle the situation....
one of them were:
if there were two major events on TV, and there was only one TV; however half of the inmates wanted to watch one event and the other half the other event....what would you do;handle the situation?????
Also before you get interview you will have to fill out an essay question.....What is your philosophy on Corrections?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

How did u answer that question. I'd try to come to a compromize and if that didn't work I'd kick everyone out of the tv room

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Hey how many words do they want the essay to consist of

66 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Hey how many words do they want the essay to consist of

It does not specify how many words..
its just a piece of paper...with the question on the top and the bottom of the page is blank.... I filled out the form completely......it depends on your answer and your view....

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Thanks for the info and good luck.

66 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: How did u answer that question. I'd try to come to a compromize and if that didn't work I'd kick everyone out of the tv room

Diffrent views; their were several obtions..
1. vote among inmates
2. Comprise every 30 minutes - to change channels
3. Depends on the program, i would give the obtion today we watch this and next week the other.
4. if no one agrees - then no one watches anything
5. it just depends...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

FYI - I was a CO ...long story..
Trying to go back now!!!!!!!

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Ooooh they give u options??

66 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Thanks for the info and good luck.

You too!
All of us in this discussion, as I see we are ALL determine to get this job!!!!!

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Well I hope u get it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Ooooh they give u options??

Not obtions; but I said ...there would be diffrent obtions, that I would approach the situation.......
and I gave examples...

66 months ago

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut said: Not obtions; but I said ...there would be diffrent obtions, that I would approach the situation.......
and I gave examples...

options!!!! sorry :)

66 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Well I hope u get it

Me to!!!

66 months ago

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut said: FYI - I was a CO ...long story..
Trying to go back now!!!!!!!

Analee, what was the medical evaluation like? What did you do? What did they do?

66 months ago

Junior03 in New Britain, Connecticut said: Analee, what was the medical evaluation like? What did you do? What did they do?

Well, the last time I did it, back on 6/2000.
it was like a regular physical check up.
They did a drug test, made me lift about 75lbs, to see the how structured you did it, look at your hands, ask medical history...
Felt like a physical exam, once that is completed, the next step would be the job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Analee, thank you, your reply is helpful.

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Analee, should I tell them about any car accidents I've been in ?

66 months ago

What do you mean? at the interview or medical???
if you have been in any car accident which caused any legal issues, that should be stated....
for medical reasons, if you were hurt and if there are any medical issues, it should be stated...but I'm assuming if you are not hurt and if there were no legal issues.... I dont see why would you mention it.

others, correct me if I'm wrong.....

purple-ru in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

66 months ago

Do anyone know when the academy starts and how many academies they will have.. My oral board is not until Sept..30.. long ways away......... sucks!!!!

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

66 months ago

I was reading a few postings on here and was wondering where do some of you get your information, regarding training or the Academy possibly starting soon...Who gives you these updates...Just curious to know?(not trying to sound mean or anything) =-) I have taken my test and passed all phases and Ive been waiting patiently since may..Lets try our best to keep all information As accurate as we wait patiently and desperately for this..I think by this point None of us really know when the academy starts not even the people who work in the correction institutions. But i can tell we all are hungry for this...i hope we all get the job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

As for me....I only heard, rumorors & talk from current officers...
as we dont know until we are actually offered the job. Like you said they dont even know.....

I'm sure no one here knows facts on when this will begin...if it does (this year)...but is nice to share ...at times what we hear....

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Today was my interview it went great. unfortainitly their is a job freeze but they say it won't last long. Congress is pressing the state to have a certain amount of employees. Like a qouta. Many co's have recently retired opening many job slots. Good luck

dm in Bristol, Connecticut

66 months ago

well this site isnt allowing me to put up a link. but go to wwfsb.com. rell just announced a class of 125 co's to start aug 14

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

i meant wfsb.com

js in Stratford, Connecticut

66 months ago

So the odds are better for the ones who already did there interview.Thats good to here.Thanks for the update.

66 months ago

Has anyone else know of their employeer being contacted?
I know once that is completed, that a step further.

66 months ago

August 14 is the new start date for the academy class!!! Good luck to all!!!

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

How much long after the interview has your past employers been contacted

KG13 in Newington, Connecticut

66 months ago

Just heard the good news!! Had my interview June 2nd...still haven't heard anything. Rell said they will pick from applicants who have completed screening process. Does that mean us? Not sure if we are considered done with the screening process.

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

I'm not to sure!! We still need to pass medical screening. I had my interview july 16th. It felt like it went well. I'm really hoping for a good outcome on this one. Good luck everyone

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

66 months ago

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Connecticut's Department of Correction is hiring new prison guards, despite the state's hiring freeze.

Gov. M. Jodi Rell directed the agency to begin a new class of 125 correction officers and 10 others such as counselors and food service workers, beginning Aug. 14. The class will be drawn from applicants who've already passed a screening process.

While the hiring freeze remains in effect, Rell said she must make an exception for critical public safety jobs.

More than 3,800 state employees took advantage of a retirement incentive program, including 425 corrections workers. That's more than any state agency.

The recruits will attend a 10-week course and more than 100 hours of on-the-job training at their assigned facility........(this is straight off the website, i copied and pasted)..Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Has anyone been invited or called for the medical screening?

66 months ago

i think they do it differently now. i don't think you get the medical until after being offered a job. when my brother was offered a job a year ago he hadn't been given a medical yet

66 months ago

That sounds even better.... I have not heard anyone being called yet... I was just wondering..since the estimated class date, is not that to far along........Thanks for the info!

66 months ago

I just want to hear one way or the other if I passed the interview. I will be checking the mailbox this week... like u said, the class date is not that far away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

you wont get anything in the mail. the only way you find out is if you passed is if ur employers are contacted. if you do get something in the mail most likely its telling you that you failed

66 months ago

thanks for the info dm.... how long after the interview does it take for an employer to be contacted?

Analee7893 in Newington, Connecticut

66 months ago

KG13 in Newington, Connecticut said: thanks for the info dm.... how long after the interview does it take for an employer to be contacted?

We just never know how long they contact employers....as they say...if we dont hear from them the better....

66 months ago

how do they let u know about the medical evaluation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

BigMiguel in Hamden, Connecticut

66 months ago

HARTFORD, Conn. - Connecticut's Department of Correction is hiring new prison guards, despite the state's hiring freeze.

Gov. M. Jodi Rell directed the agency to begin a new class of 125 correction officers and 10 others such as counselors and food service workers, beginning Aug. 14. The class will be drawn from applicants who've already passed a screening process.

While the hiring freeze remains in effect, Rell says she must make an exception for critical public safety jobs.

More than 3,800 state employees took advantage of a retirement incentive program, including 425 corrections workers. That's more than any state agency.

The recruits will attend a 10-week course and more than 100 hours of on-the-job training at their assigned facility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

my employers were contacted about a mouth after the interview. im pretty sure u are notified about the medical through a phone call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: my employers were contacted about a mouth after the interview. im pretty sure u are notified about the medical through a phone call.

thanks again for the info... that is why I am worried, because my employers have not been contacted yet and it has been 7 weeks since my interview.

66 months ago

KG13, hang in there we still have about 3 week to go before everything is said and done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Yeah I had my interview july 16. Wonder if their was a group before us that allready did the medical screening

66 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Yeah I had my interview july 16. Wonder if their was a group before us that allready did the medical screening

I really hope this is not the case. I think the medical evaluation is part of the job offer. Of course you have to pass it to move on to the academy.

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

Well I guess we will see. I don't wanna get my hopes up.

66 months ago

I'll have the phone near me and be by the mail box. I'm hopeful, if not, I think we will be in for the next academy. ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

66 months ago

I don't know what to think. All I know is times are hard and I need this oppurtunity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.