Correction Officer in Connecticut

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 2870)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

waterbury in Seymour, Connecticut

60 months ago

jake in Wallingford, Connecticut said: how did it go? did they offer you the job then make an appointment with you to have the medical?

Yes they asked me if i was still interested in becoming a CO and accepted. Then they gave me a brief summary of what to expect the 10 of aug is orientation and the academy begins the 14. I was told we will spend 5 weeks in class room and 5 weeks on the field training. No more then 2 tardies or more then 1 absence I believe and you cant fail any exams. Firt pay day will not be for about 4 weeks. Then they had me call someone to set up appointment for pre emplyment screening and drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut

60 months ago

waterbury in Seymour, Connecticut said: Yes they asked me if i was still interested in becoming a CO and accepted. Then they gave me a brief summary of what to expect the 10 of aug is orientation and the academy begins the 14. I was told we will spend 5 weeks in class room and 5 weeks on the field training. No more then 2 tardies or more then 1 absence I believe and you cant fail any exams. Firt pay day will not be for about 4 weeks. Then they had me call someone to set up appointment for pre emplyment screening and drug test.

When was your interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jack in North Haven, Connecticut

60 months ago

To you who got offered an academy slot...was your test score in the 90's? Selections were supposed to go by test score order and I've heard nothing about that on this forum.

jake in Wallingford, Connecticut

60 months ago

i wonder if they already filled those seats with offers last week for the aug 14th class or if more will be coming this week? i just want my phone to ring damn it!! does anyone know about a class after the aug 14th one?

60 months ago

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut said: When was your interview?

I honeslty can not recall I know I picked the first available time slot for the physical and my interview was about a week after that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

waterbury in Seymour, Connecticut said: I honeslty can not recall I know I picked the first available time slot for the physical and my interview was about a week after that.

Thanks...
PT was given between April 27 - May 1st
I took it on April 28, was offered a date of interview for May 4th, however I choosed May 13th... I was ready to get on a plane the same day of the PT for military duty...... returned on May 12th... Talking about rushing!!!! :)

60 months ago

Jack in North Haven, Connecticut said: To you who got offered an academy slot...was your test score in the 90's? Selections were supposed to go by test score order and I've heard nothing about that on this forum.

Not sure if my response went through, but I did not score in the 90s it was in the upper 80s.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut said: Thanks...
PT was given between April 27 - May 1st
I took it on April 28, was offered a date of interview for May 4th, however I choosed May 13th... I was ready to get on a plane the same day of the PT for military duty...... returned on May 12th... Talking about rushing!!!! :)

I would think you have a great chance of getting in since you are in the military thats one of the questions I was asked at the interview.

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Yeah I'm also in the army but my interview was july 16th dam

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Were they testing a couple days out of every month ?

west haven in Wallingford, Connecticut

60 months ago

this is funny, we are all in the same boat. sitting around biting our nails waiting for the phone to ring. we're all gonna feel really let down if they don't call soon.

dm in Bristol, Connecticut

60 months ago

rmjunior i wonder the same thing. they couldnt possibly being giving interviews eveyrday until september

west haven in Wallingford, Connecticut

60 months ago

i think i read on here that someone has an interview scheduled in october

60 months ago

o and i think pt went until may 6th instead of the planed may 1st becasue so many people applied

60 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Were they testing a couple days out of every month ?

When I went up to the desk, to provide the passing form at the PT; she had a scheudling book and after she had provided the original date, i informed her I could not do it, she then said, you may pick a date....
My cousin went to the PT on the 1st... he was schdule for September.

60 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: Yeah I'm also in the army but my interview was july 16th dam

I love the benefits the state provide to miliary ..especially corrections.

60 months ago

I work part time, for the Hartford Focus Research Group. Wanted to share, if someone is interested in making $125 in just 2 hours. This is what I am looking for...
If you are eligible, or might someone who is eligible and available... email me @ Analee7893@comcast.net
MOTOR OIL FOCUS GROUPS
*Looking for males and females, 25-55 years old
*High school graduate or higher education
*Household income (need 2 between $20,-30K, the rest must be over $30K
*Own their car not lease
*Changed their motor oil at least 3 times in the past 12 months.
* Whether you change your oil yourself or have someone else change it for you,you MUST CHOOSE the brand used most often from (Castrol, Pennzoil, Valvoline, Quaker or Mobil 5000 only) and it must be Conventional, High Mileage and Synthetic Blend oil.
* Mileage: people who used high mileage must have over 75,000+miles

Please answer the following information above. Also provide
Name
Phone
Brand used most often

Groups are being held in Famington, CT and the incentive is $125 for a 2 hour session. You must be available one of these days and times.
On August 5th
Males - 3-5pm, 5:30-7:30pm, 8pm-10pm
August 6th
Males - 12:30-2:30pm, 3-5pm, 8pm-10pm
Females - 5:30-7:30pm
August 19th
Females - 3-5pm, 8pm-10pm
Males - 5:30-7:30pm
August 20th
Females - 12:30-2:30pm, 3-5pm, 5:30-7:30pm, 8pm-10pm
Please do not respond if you have participated in any type of marketing
research study in the past 6 months.
Email me @ Analee7893@comcast.net.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

KG13 in Newington, Connecticut

60 months ago

I finally received a phone call today, they asked for a copy of my w-2's. They also contacted my employer today. This is definitely a step in the right direction. Not sure what they r thinking but I guess that means I passed the oral. My oral was June 2nd. Good luck to all, I know how badly everyone wants/needs this opportunity.

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Why did they ask for your w2s.

60 months ago

they asked for w-2 because I work for my father. They just want to make sure that I am not lying.

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

I thought that they can look that info up anyway with employment check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Did they call your dad to check or what and how long after your interview

60 months ago

I guess not. I have to fax the info in the morning.

60 months ago

They did call my father today, but he was out of the office. he called back and left a message. then they called my cell phone 5 min later and asked 4 my w-2. It took them about 8 weeks to contact him

wal in Wallingford, Connecticut

60 months ago

they should have personal references for situations when people don't have w2's or former employers to contact. it seems the employer check is the main thing they are doing for everybody. me and my brother both got called asking for more info on previous jobs we had that we couldn't remember old supervisors names or numbers. anybody know what else the background check consists of?

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Oh dam so they new about jobs u didn't write down???

60 months ago

no they just asked for ALL time to be accounted for. whether unemployed or in school. i've had so many odd jobs here and there it's impossible to remember all the details. w2's are long gone as well as the memory of some supervisors names and numbers.

60 months ago

this process is so exhausting, it really messes with your head. I keep trying to figure out what they r thinking instead of just letting it happen. I want this opportunity so badly.

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Dude if they called you your in !! Don't sweat it

60 months ago

yeah like i'm worried since they have so many applicants that if they can't get in touch w/ former employers they just tear up my app and move on to the next one. plus my boss is being stubborn and i don't think he even called the person back yet!

60 months ago

I hope so rm. good luck to u

Q.G. in waterbury, connecticut in Wayne, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Just a short message for every1.. I know its exciting and every1 is anxious. i am too! But the DOC is not 4 every1. Please dont just think about payday, and how much your gonna make. Mental toughness is the key to perform this job. I have 2 close friends that "used to be in the department" one lasted 2yrs the other 3yrs. Both of them said that the money's good but, u see and deal with alot and they didnt feel like it was worth the mental stress. PPl have also been hired and quit the within the first month.. So with jobs being hard to get please consider what im saying b4 u decide to leave your employer if employed.. I've been working for the same company for 6yrs but the DOC is where my heart is at and mentally im ready.. Good luck to all!

60 months ago

so for those who have been hired do you know what facility you have been assigned to yet? has anyone heard anything new

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Dam still haven't got called yet!!! My interview was july 16 ! Do u guys think ill get a chance this class ??

Junior03 in New Britain, Connecticut

60 months ago

That make two of us!

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

60 months ago

My interview was May 21 and i still haven't gotten called yet..So i think We all still have a chance..Even if we don't make this class we'll make the next...You still have to take into consideration the people who get called for the Academy and decide its not for them during the first couple of weeks or fail the training.

wal in Wolcott, Connecticut

60 months ago

i had mine june 2nd and they started calling former employers two weeks ago. still waiting for the offer too.

QG in Waterbury, Connecticut

60 months ago

Does anyone know when the next academy is? My interview is not until Aug. 6. So i know im not getting in this 1st academy on the 14th i just look at it as more time for preparation, but if anyone knows the next academy let me know. Thanks!

60 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: so for those who have been hired do you know what facility you have been assigned to yet? has anyone heard anything new

You dont know that until the orientation day, when they give you, your uniform and the package with all of your papers.

60 months ago

QG in Waterbury, Connecticut said: Does anyone know when the next academy is? My interview is not until Aug. 6. So i know im not getting in this 1st academy on the 14th i just look at it as more time for preparation, but if anyone knows the next academy let me know. Thanks!

Dont mark me on this...but I heard they might have one in September.

60 months ago

so i think i have come to the realization that im not getting into the first class. has anyone else given up on the first class or am i just being a downer. i dont mind if i dont make it until the second class. the reason i would prefer to be in the first class is because i am in college and i dont want to start the semester and then have to withdraw from the class half way through if they decide to put another class through in oct.

rmjunior in amston

60 months ago

Never givve up hope bro. If its for u, then you will get it.

60 months ago

im just impatient. i waited a year just for the application process to start.

QG in Waterbury, Connecticut

60 months ago

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut said: Dont mark me on this...but I heard they might have one in September.

Yeah I heard September too. I thought it was b.s. but if you heard the samething then maybe its true. Thanks!

sid in Wolcott, Connecticut

60 months ago

where have you guys heard september?

60 months ago

i don't know what these people are looking for. i scored in the 90's on my exam, easily passed the physical and oral, have college, a clean record, and even work in the security industry. what does it take to get a job offer?!?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

sid in Wolcott, Connecticut said: i don't know what these people are looking for. i scored in the 90's on my exam, easily passed the physical and oral, have college, a clean record, and even work in the security industry. what does it take to get a job offer?!?!

Remember, they are over 500 applicants. Not sure about the number, but we are all withing a very large group of applicants.
All scored with passing scores, all pass PT's and must have a clean record... some college, some dont, but we just never know..as we interview, few cutt off, then background, another few, and it goes on.... What I dont understand, why do they allow like 1000's of applicates and a few openings....

60 months ago

sid in Wolcott, Connecticut said: where have you guys heard september?

Not set in stone; just heard with in.

60 months ago

I still have spots opening for: the Motor Oil Focus group!
see if you qualify...I work part time at the Hartford research Center. I have a focus group available……must be over 25yrs old!
A 2 hour discussion/group on August 5th, 6th , 19th or the 20th….in Farmington, CT. The purpose is to learn about how you take care of your vehicle. Sit down for 2 hours, talk and then walk out with $125!!! That’s all JUST for your opinion.
Once qualified, you get an email with a survey before attending the class/group.Let me know!!! If you interested or anyone else that might be qualified. Email back at Analee7893@comcast.net
PS; a few of the guys here in the forum, emailed me, and so far one got qualifed...... Hey is its $125 for 2 hours for nothing!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

true true...what kind of stuff in the background could knock someone out of the running?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.