Correction Officer in Connecticut

Comments (2301 to 2350 of 4145)
Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

Mr. G 203 in New York, New York

24 months ago

Hey guys I'm new to this thread anyways, my cousin and I had our interviews about 6-7 months ago and he just recieved a call last Thursday with an offer also an email letting him know when the academic start day was.

Mr. G 203 in Baltimore, Maryland

24 months ago

I.don't know how to .change my location lol but I'm in the bridgport area of CT

Mr. G 203 in Baltimore, Maryland

24 months ago

Mr. G 203 in Baltimore, Maryland said: I.don't know how to .change my location lol but I'm in the bridgport area of CT

Bridgeport*

BD in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Just had a friend get a call for the class.

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut

23 months ago

BD in Brooklyn, New York said: Just had a friend get a call for the class.

That's good to know that there's still a chance for this class, I gave up hope for this one already though. If there's still spots open I'm sure it's not a lot because my buddy has his orientation on Monday.

JD7717 in Torrington, Connecticut

23 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: That's good to know that there's still a chance for this class, I gave up hope for this one already though. If there's still spots open I'm sure it's not a lot because my buddy has his orientation on Monday.

Did you receive a call for W2?

23 months ago

JD7717 in Torrington, Connecticut said: Did you receive a call for W2?

Nope

D1982 in Worcester, Massachusetts

23 months ago

JD7717 in Torrington, Connecticut said: Did you receive a call for W2?

Not everyone gets a call for W2's..That is not a "step" in the process.

moose in Cheshire, Connecticut

23 months ago

hi guys im new to this but i wanted to see if anyone interviewed in May heared anything? my interview was May 2ndheared and was called May 10thheared for my W2 and paystub.. have not heared back yet..

MAC in Enfield, Connecticut

23 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: That's good to know that there's still a chance for this class, I gave up hope for this one already though. If there's still spots open I'm sure it's not a lot because my buddy has his orientation on Monday.

FYI - When I was getting my physical done on Thurs day for the June class I asked the Doctor if everyone was passing and was told there were guys who failed the drug test... lmao I'm assuming thats why some spots are opening for this????

23 months ago

when did you interview? just wondering how long is the wait..

23 months ago

does anyone know someone who received a rejection letter? i wanted to know how long it took to receiveu the rejection letter after the interview..

23 months ago

moose in Cheshire, Connecticut said: does anyone know someone who received a rejection letter? i wanted to know how long it took to receiveu the rejection letter after the interview..

I talked to a CO on tuesday and asked the same question because I have asked on here a few times and got no response. The guy told me you would get a rejection letter within a few months after the interview if you didnt pass the background check. He also said he got on in 1999 so he couldnt assure me that things are still done the same way.

moose in Owings Mills, Maryland

23 months ago

D1982 in Worcester, Massachusetts said: I talked to a CO on tuesday and asked the same question because I have asked on here a few times and got no response. The guy told me you would get a rejection letter within a few months after the interview if you didnt pass the background check. He also said he got on in 1999 so he couldnt assure me that things are still done the same way.

I was told by CO that's retiring in October that if you did not receive a letter within a few weeks then you should be fine. when did you interview?

23 months ago

moose in Owings Mills, Maryland said: I was told by CO that's retiring in October that if you did not receive a letter within a few weeks then you should be fine. when did you interview?

December 4th. I think they have been interviewing for almost a year. I took the PT test on June 15 last year.

moose in Rockville, Maryland

23 months ago

D1982 in Worcester, Massachusetts said: December 4th. I think they have been interviewing for almost a year. I took the PT test on June 15 last year.

I enter viewed May 2nd and I was called on May 10th for my w2 and most recent pay stub. no letter of rejection yet so I am hoping I will be in the next class. good luck to you and everyone that is starting in June!

Jmt in Wallingford, Connecticut

23 months ago

Anyone on here that's going today? Are you wearing your physical clothes there?

Rich in Naugatuck, Connecticut

23 months ago

Jmt in Wallingford, Connecticut said: Anyone on here that's going today? Are you wearing your physical clothes there?

I'll be there, and I'm 99% sure we can just wear athletic clothing for the duration

Clark in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

Rich in Naugatuck, Connecticut said: I'll be there, and I'm 99% sure we can just wear athletic clothing for the duration

I'm jealous lol. Good luck Rich keep us posted if you hear anything about the next class in the coming weeks please.

23 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm jealous lol. Good luck Rich keep us posted if you hear anything about the next class in the coming weeks please.

Thanks man I appreciate that

23 months ago

Rich in Naugatuck, Connecticut said: Thanks man I appreciate that

No problem not to hate but I hope twenty people fail the physical today!!! Not you though!

23 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: No problem not to hate but I hope twenty people fail the physical today!!! Not you though!

Lol I hear ya, but unfortunately I believe the PT test today is just to see what you need to work on, and it's not really pass/fail

C/O in Bristol, Connecticut

23 months ago

Yes, today is a pre orientation..noone fails.. basically they give the PT test but it is just so the instructors can see what they need to focus on with this class if anyone is a little behind on certain things. The whole day only lasts a few hours, it is mostly HR talking to you telling them what to expect on Friday when the actual academy starts.

I know this because I started my career almost two years ago (class 250). I also posted that June 14th was the date and noone believed me. This class has 100+ , another FYI, a LT from myfacility told us there will be another class Sept/Oct so keep your heads up. This class will end 10 weeks from June 14 so that makes it end of August sometime? Then the next class will be right after that.

23 months ago

C/O in Bristol, Connecticut said: Yes, today is a pre orientation..noone fails.. basically they give the PT test but it is just so the instructors can see what they need to focus on with this class if anyone is a little behind on certain things. The whole day only lasts a few hours, it is mostly HR talking to you telling them what to expect on Friday when the actual academy starts.

I know this because I started my career almost two years ago (class 250). I also posted that June 14th was the date and noone believed me. This class has 100+ , another FYI, a LT from myfacility told us there will be another class Sept/Oct so keep your heads up. This class will end 10 weeks from June 14 so that makes it end of August sometime? Then the next class will be right after that.

Thanks for the info

chris 2998 in hartford, Connecticut

23 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: Thanks for the info

Don't worry there is another class comjng up

23 months ago

Does any one know what happens if the doc contacts your employer and they do not return the call ?

chris 2998 in hartford, Connecticut

22 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: Does any one know what happens if the doc contacts your employer and they do not return the call ?

Anyone get a call for the new academy ?

22 months ago

chris 2998 in hartford, Connecticut said: Anyone get a call for the new academy ?

No I think it's too early still because there hasn't been an official start date for the next class.

CO in Enfield, Connecticut

22 months ago

The new transfer list is out and COs are transferring to other prisons on October 18. This means there will be a class right after this one is finished. Calls should go out soon. October 18 will be when the new class begins OJT.

Chris in Norwalk, Connecticut

22 months ago

Just got offered the job today and accepted. Academy starts Aug 9.

EC033793 in Waterbury, Connecticut

22 months ago

Chris in Norwalk, Connecticut said: Just got offered the job today and accepted. Academy starts Aug 9.

Congrats Chris! I hope I get a call soon. Had oral interview and 2 weeks later W2 call but no offer from DOC yet. But in good note no rejection letter.

22 months ago

EC033793 in Waterbury, Connecticut said: Congrats Chris! I hope I get a call soon. Had oral interview and 2 weeks later W2 call but no offer from DOC yet. But in good note no rejection letter.

Oral interview and W2 call was March 2013 in case anyone was wondering.

snakedog in Plainville, Connecticut

22 months ago

If you recive a letter of rejection due to criminal history, if you can get it removed because of a mistake does it keep you in the running or do you have to wait for another exam and start all over ?? Plz help

mdCT in Waterbury, Connecticut

22 months ago

Chris in Norwalk, Connecticut said: Just got offered the job today and accepted. Academy starts Aug 9.

That is very interesting - since the academy is 10 weeks which means the previous academy will be until the end of August.

BD in Alexandria, Virginia

22 months ago

It's because the acadmey is 5 weeks and the in training is 5 weeks. I got a call on Friday to accept the offer. It does start on the 9th

22 months ago

mdCT in Waterbury, Connecticut said: That is very interesting - since the academy is 10 weeks which means the previous academy will be until the end of August.

Dude I wouldn't believe half of what you read on here. There's some people that like to make up stories.

#### in Milford, Massachusetts

22 months ago

I got another call for the academy on Monday. I declined and took my name off the list as I am currently in the MA academy. Good luck to all

BD in Alexandria, Virginia

22 months ago

#### in Milford, Massachusetts said: I got another call for the academy on Monday. I declined and took my name off the list as I am currently in the MA academy. Good luck to all

When does the MA start? I got the call on Friday an accepted.

22 months ago

#### in Milford, Massachusetts said: I got another call for the academy on Monday. I declined and took my name off the list as I am currently in the MA academy. Good luck to all

They must have really wanted you to call you back again. I remember you saying they called a few months back good luck and thanks for the info.

#### in Milford, Massachusetts

22 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: They must have really wanted you to call you back again. I remember you saying they called a few months back good luck and thanks for the info.

Yeah I got the last call on May 20th. Wasn't expecting it at all. Thanks

Clark in New York, New York

22 months ago

@ Rich& cem Got my call last Friday it is August 9th.going for my physical this week.

cem3702 in Connecticut

22 months ago

Clark in New York, New York said: @ Rich& cem Got my call last Friday it is August 9th.going for my physical this week.

congrats! i know you had been waiting for long time. good luck. i'll keep waiting.

New co in Enfield, Connecticut

22 months ago

I'm in the academy right now... 5 weeks in! They are running a class in August and rumor has 2 more after that one... So they will be back to back to back classes. Get ready to run and get in shape! PT everyday... Good luck!

22 months ago

Wish you all the best! God willing I'll get the call to accept. Thanks for the information.

D1982 in Sterling, Connecticut

22 months ago

If Pats2012 is getting a second call before some of us get our first call its probably not looking too good for those of us who havent been called.

22 months ago

D1982 in Sterling, Connecticut said: If Pats2012 is getting a second call before some of us get our first call its probably not looking too good for those of us who havent been called.

Dude I haven't gotten a call yet that was #### who got called twice I've been waiting probably longer then most of you because I had my interview last July.

22 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: Dude I haven't gotten a call yet that was #### who got called twice I've been waiting probably longer then most of you because I had my interview last July.

Guess I shouldn't be complaining then I've just been waiting since March 2013. Had oral interview then W2 call approx 2-3weeks after. Since then nothing. But at least no letter of rejection. Keep hope alive! Hopefully I'll see you in the academy soon. Good luck!

D1982 in Sterling, Connecticut

22 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: Dude I haven't gotten a call yet that was #### who got called twice I've been waiting probably longer then most of you because I had my interview last July.

My bad. I think you probably have been waiting the longest..wow..I interviewed in December and have been waiting since. Does anyone know someone who has been rejected this time around? If so then I guess we can be happy we havent received that letter yet.

Fitzy2 in Enfield, Connecticut

22 months ago

I'm a bit confused here guys. Been reading a lot about this w-2 stuff. My cousin had gotten a call to fax his w-2 and most recent pay stub a few months ago. I had never gotten a w-2 call yet but the DOC has called my former employer and asked about me. Was I good a worker etc. So is the w-2 a part of the background check or what?

22 months ago

Don't know if what I have to add will help but I have seen other posts on here that potential cadets didn't get W2 calls but DOC did contact previous and current employers. I had same situation as your cousin was asked to fax W2 3/2013 but no employer call as far as i know. It's all speculation until you actually hear from HR or someone who is a cadet. Hang in there and maybe we will get call soon. Good luck.

Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.