Correction Officer in Connecticut

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2301 to 2350 of 2914)
Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

patriot2013 in worcester, Massachusetts

15 months ago

cem3702 in Connecticut said: dude that sucks. unfortunately, all those factors only help to pass examiniation process but obviously not to be selected. i'm leaning towards RANDOM now.

It all comes down to the interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mdCT in Waterbury, Connecticut

15 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: I think I got a 78 which surprised me but no W-2 call. I wouldn't worry about the W-2's not everyone gets called for them.

Has anyone got a call with an offer that did not get a W2 call

Rich in Monson, Massachusetts

15 months ago

patriot2013 in worcester, Massachusetts said: once selected they establish senerioty by alphabetical order.

What do you mean by "establish seniority"...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cem3702 in Connecticut

15 months ago

mdCT in Waterbury, Connecticut said: Has anyone got a call with an offer that did not get a W2 call

good question...but i thought someone posted that they got job offer and never got w2 call. co buddy who got on 3 years ago did not provide w2's. he thinks its something DOC has added since then.

15 months ago

Rich in Monson, Massachusetts said: What do you mean by "establish seniority"...

disregard worry about that if you get hired.

cem3702 in Connecticut

15 months ago

Rich in Monson, Massachusetts said: What do you mean by "establish seniority"...

'Seniority' is a term typically used to determine how long an employee has been with company in relation to other employees. An employee hired last is the 'least' senior to employees already on the job. 'Seniority' is determined by Hire Date. For civil service jobs (like DOC) when several employees hired on same date or same recruit class, then employer will use written exam score from highest to lowest to determine seniority. If more than one employee has same score in the list, then employer will sort alphabetically by last name.

There are advantages to being more senior than others in the a recruit class or when getting on the job. Having 'seniority' over someone else on the job means you get first dibs when taking time off. Seniority also counts towards promotions, transfers and work assignments. In promotions, seniority counts towards your overall score. More senior employee will get promotion if they have same score. If 2 or more individuals request a transfer to same facility or apply for same work assignment, most senior employee will get it unless he has some attendance, work or discipline issue. If employer decides to layoff, the last guy hired is the first one to be laid off.

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut

15 months ago

I hope today is the day would be nice to hear before the holiday weekend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

r in Concord, New Hampshire

15 months ago

If anyone hears something today please post.

15 months ago

It looks like the class starting june 14th is all set, start focusing on the next class that will most likely start right after this class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

patriot2013 in worcester, Massachusetts said: It looks like the class starting june 14th is all set, start focusing on the next class that will most likely start right after this class

There's still time, don't give up hope yet.....

D1982 in Worcester, Massachusetts

15 months ago

patriot2013 in worcester, Massachusetts said: It looks like the class starting june 14th is all set, start focusing on the next class that will most likely start right after this class

Agreed

BD in New York, New York

15 months ago

I don't believe that the class is all set. I have a few friends who got in during the last testing period And the earliest someone got called before the academy was 5 days before and one was 2 days. Just Have to stay patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clark in Waterbury, Connecticut

15 months ago

BD in New York, New York said: I don't believe that the class is all set. I have a few friends who got in during the last testing period And the earliest someone got called before the academy was 5 days before and one was 2 days. Just Have to stay patient.

I don't think it's over for this class yet.people will fail their physical or change their minds.If it is over inmates can have hope facing four years I can have hope for four more months stay positive!! There will be at least on more class.

Mr. G 203 in New York, New York

15 months ago

Hey guys I'm new to this thread anyways, my cousin and I had our interviews about 6-7 months ago and he just recieved a call last Thursday with an offer also an email letting him know when the academic start day was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. G 203 in Baltimore, Maryland

15 months ago

I.don't know how to .change my location lol but I'm in the bridgport area of CT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. G 203 in Baltimore, Maryland

15 months ago

Mr. G 203 in Baltimore, Maryland said: I.don't know how to .change my location lol but I'm in the bridgport area of CT

Bridgeport*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BD in Brooklyn, New York

15 months ago

Just had a friend get a call for the class.

15 months ago

BD in Brooklyn, New York said: Just had a friend get a call for the class.

That's good to know that there's still a chance for this class, I gave up hope for this one already though. If there's still spots open I'm sure it's not a lot because my buddy has his orientation on Monday.

JD7717 in Torrington, Connecticut

15 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: That's good to know that there's still a chance for this class, I gave up hope for this one already though. If there's still spots open I'm sure it's not a lot because my buddy has his orientation on Monday.

Did you receive a call for W2?

15 months ago

JD7717 in Torrington, Connecticut said: Did you receive a call for W2?

Nope

14 months ago

JD7717 in Torrington, Connecticut said: Did you receive a call for W2?

Not everyone gets a call for W2's..That is not a "step" in the process.

moose in Cheshire, Connecticut

14 months ago

hi guys im new to this but i wanted to see if anyone interviewed in May heared anything? my interview was May 2ndheared and was called May 10thheared for my W2 and paystub.. have not heared back yet..

MAC in Enfield, Connecticut

14 months ago

Pats2012 in Valley, Connecticut said: That's good to know that there's still a chance for this class, I gave up hope for this one already though. If there's still spots open I'm sure it's not a lot because my buddy has his orientation on Monday.

FYI - When I was getting my physical done on Thurs day for the June class I asked the Doctor if everyone was passing and was told there were guys who failed the drug test... lmao I'm assuming thats why some spots are opening for this????

14 months ago

when did you interview? just wondering how long is the wait..

14 months ago

does anyone know someone who received a rejection letter? i wanted to know how long it took to receiveu the rejection letter after the interview..

14 months ago

moose in Cheshire, Connecticut said: does anyone know someone who received a rejection letter? i wanted to know how long it took to receiveu the rejection letter after the interview..

I talked to a CO on tuesday and asked the same question because I have asked on here a few times and got no response. The guy told me you would get a rejection letter within a few months after the interview if you didnt pass the background check. He also said he got on in 1999 so he couldnt assure me that things are still done the same way.

moose in Owings Mills, Maryland

14 months ago

D1982 in Worcester, Massachusetts said: I talked to a CO on tuesday and asked the same question because I have asked on here a few times and got no response. The guy told me you would get a rejection letter within a few months after the interview if you didnt pass the background check. He also said he got on in 1999 so he couldnt assure me that things are still done the same way.

I was told by CO that's retiring in October that if you did not receive a letter within a few weeks then you should be fine. when did you interview?

14 months ago

moose in Owings Mills, Maryland said: I was told by CO that's retiring in October that if you did not receive a letter within a few weeks then you should be fine. when did you interview?

December 4th. I think they have been interviewing for almost a year. I took the PT test on June 15 last year.

moose in Rockville, Maryland

14 months ago

D1982 in Worcester, Massachusetts said: December 4th. I think they have been interviewing for almost a year. I took the PT test on June 15 last year.

I enter viewed May 2nd and I was called on May 10th for my w2 and most recent pay stub. no letter of rejection yet so I am hoping I will be in the next class. good luck to you and everyone that is starting in June!

Jmt in Wallingford, Connecticut

14 months ago

Anyone on here that's going today? Are you wearing your physical clothes there?

Rich in Naugatuck, Connecticut

14 months ago

Jmt in Wallingford, Connecticut said: Anyone on here that's going today? Are you wearing your physical clothes there?

I'll be there, and I'm 99% sure we can just wear athletic clothing for the duration

Clark in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

Rich in Naugatuck, Connecticut said: I'll be there, and I'm 99% sure we can just wear athletic clothing for the duration

I'm jealous lol. Good luck Rich keep us posted if you hear anything about the next class in the coming weeks please.

14 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm jealous lol. Good luck Rich keep us posted if you hear anything about the next class in the coming weeks please.

Thanks man I appreciate that

14 months ago

Rich in Naugatuck, Connecticut said: Thanks man I appreciate that

No problem not to hate but I hope twenty people fail the physical today!!! Not you though!

14 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: No problem not to hate but I hope twenty people fail the physical today!!! Not you though!

Lol I hear ya, but unfortunately I believe the PT test today is just to see what you need to work on, and it's not really pass/fail

C/O in Bristol, Connecticut

14 months ago

Yes, today is a pre orientation..noone fails.. basically they give the PT test but it is just so the instructors can see what they need to focus on with this class if anyone is a little behind on certain things. The whole day only lasts a few hours, it is mostly HR talking to you telling them what to expect on Friday when the actual academy starts.

I know this because I started my career almost two years ago (class 250). I also posted that June 14th was the date and noone believed me. This class has 100+ , another FYI, a LT from myfacility told us there will be another class Sept/Oct so keep your heads up. This class will end 10 weeks from June 14 so that makes it end of August sometime? Then the next class will be right after that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

C/O in Bristol, Connecticut said: Yes, today is a pre orientation..noone fails.. basically they give the PT test but it is just so the instructors can see what they need to focus on with this class if anyone is a little behind on certain things. The whole day only lasts a few hours, it is mostly HR talking to you telling them what to expect on Friday when the actual academy starts.

I know this because I started my career almost two years ago (class 250). I also posted that June 14th was the date and noone believed me. This class has 100+ , another FYI, a LT from myfacility told us there will be another class Sept/Oct so keep your heads up. This class will end 10 weeks from June 14 so that makes it end of August sometime? Then the next class will be right after that.

Thanks for the info

chris 2998 in hartford, Connecticut

14 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: Thanks for the info

Don't worry there is another class comjng up

14 months ago

Does any one know what happens if the doc contacts your employer and they do not return the call ?

chris 2998 in hartford, Connecticut

13 months ago

Clark in Brooklyn, New York said: Does any one know what happens if the doc contacts your employer and they do not return the call ?

Anyone get a call for the new academy ?

13 months ago

chris 2998 in hartford, Connecticut said: Anyone get a call for the new academy ?

No I think it's too early still because there hasn't been an official start date for the next class.

CO in Enfield, Connecticut

13 months ago

The new transfer list is out and COs are transferring to other prisons on October 18. This means there will be a class right after this one is finished. Calls should go out soon. October 18 will be when the new class begins OJT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Norwalk, Connecticut

13 months ago

Just got offered the job today and accepted. Academy starts Aug 9.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EC033793 in Waterbury, Connecticut

13 months ago

Chris in Norwalk, Connecticut said: Just got offered the job today and accepted. Academy starts Aug 9.

Congrats Chris! I hope I get a call soon. Had oral interview and 2 weeks later W2 call but no offer from DOC yet. But in good note no rejection letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EC033793 in Waterbury, Connecticut

13 months ago

EC033793 in Waterbury, Connecticut said: Congrats Chris! I hope I get a call soon. Had oral interview and 2 weeks later W2 call but no offer from DOC yet. But in good note no rejection letter.

Oral interview and W2 call was March 2013 in case anyone was wondering.

snakedog in Plainville, Connecticut

13 months ago

If you recive a letter of rejection due to criminal history, if you can get it removed because of a mistake does it keep you in the running or do you have to wait for another exam and start all over ?? Plz help

mdCT in Waterbury, Connecticut

13 months ago

Chris in Norwalk, Connecticut said: Just got offered the job today and accepted. Academy starts Aug 9.

That is very interesting - since the academy is 10 weeks which means the previous academy will be until the end of August.

BD in Alexandria, Virginia

13 months ago

It's because the acadmey is 5 weeks and the in training is 5 weeks. I got a call on Friday to accept the offer. It does start on the 9th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

mdCT in Waterbury, Connecticut said: That is very interesting - since the academy is 10 weeks which means the previous academy will be until the end of August.

Dude I wouldn't believe half of what you read on here. There's some people that like to make up stories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

#### in Milford, Massachusetts

13 months ago

I got another call for the academy on Monday. I declined and took my name off the list as I am currently in the MA academy. Good luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   44  45  46  47  48  49  50  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.