Comments (201 to 250 of 3017)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

KG13 in Newington, Connecticut

63 months ago

Haven't heard anything either!!!! getting frustrated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dm in Bristol, Connecticut

63 months ago

it would be nice if we knew if they have already hired the entire class that is starting in Aug, then at least we can stop biting our nails praying that the phone would ring

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

I know!! Yesterday I was at work and got a call the lady said this is the dept of corrections. My stomach jumped up in my throat I was real exited and was bein real nice. So we get the talking and she says I wanna talk to u about your sprint bill!!! So now I'm like what!!??? Why would doc wanna talk about my bill so I'm like hold on who is this??? And she says department of collections!!!! I was soooooo pissed lol. Talk about let down

giaco in Naugatuck, Connecticut

63 months ago

hahahaha that is too funny! you even got me excited at first.

63 months ago

o man i feel bad. im sure that put you in a really good mood after that phone call. i have a small connection in corrections and he was supposed to try and find out if i was getting into this class. so before i left for work yesterday my mom said if she were to call during work to pick up because she would be calling to let me know if she heard anything. well she called and left me a message while i was at work. so i got really excited but the message ended up having nothing to do with it. my connection still hasnt call me with any news. my connection has been correct about stuff this entire process. if you recall i posted earlier that there was going to be a class on august 14. and sure enough two or three days later rell announced the class. dont get me wrong though this connection would never be able to get me a job. he jsut has his eyes and ears in DOC. i hate the waiting game. im sure all of us here will get in at some point. the question is when

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

Lol that sounds like something my mom would do. When was your interview

63 months ago

may 20th honestly if i had known that the date you take your physical determined when you interview was i would have signed up for the first possible physical. i feel bad for the people who had the last physicals, they may never hear anything

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

Dam my interview was july 16. Idk though my firends was july 26 and they called him to come for a earlier interview so maybe their really weaning people out. I think the dates in this process actually was scheduled based on the written exam.

63 months ago

no i think the physical because we were able to select the date we wanted for the physical and then we were assigned a date for the interview once we passed. either way the system is unfair because they people who have late interviews may never see a chance. but again they should have been on the ball and signed up for an earlier physical. i wonder why your friend was called for an earlier date. was it like a day earlier or like weeks earlier.

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

A week earlier. I hope my interview was early enough. Someone on hear said something about another class in sept and oct. Don't know though

63 months ago

i think probably closer to October. 125 cos on august 14 is a large class so who knows if they will have room to start another acedemy while the first class is still there.

63 months ago

did they tell your friend why they wanted him a week early. did he have a really high written score or connections in the DOC

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

Dam I hope we get it man. I so need this in my life

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

Neather. He knows no one and scored a 80. I think their just racin to see every one so they can choose

63 months ago

i think a lot of people need it. i think we are in with the number of vacancies there are. it just sucks to play this waiting game. and like i said earlier, DOC is not allowed to start a background unless they have in interest in you. so as long as you know they have started or finished your background i would feel confident that you will get in eventually.

63 months ago

well i dont no how much racing they can being doing seeing the orientation is in like 10 days and they need to get 125 medicals done. or they may be racing to start a list for the next academy.

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

They havnt contacted my employers yet. How about yours

63 months ago

they did little less then a month ago. but i know a kid whose employers were contacted around the same time and his interview was a few weeks after mine. so i think i was pushed to the side for a little while. even if you dont get into this one your chances of getting in the second one are probably really high

jAy in Bridgeport, Connecticut

63 months ago

like i said before just because we don't get called now doesn't mean were not it..You still have to think about the people that will not be able to pass the 10 week training, wich will open up slots for us. Or for the ones who aren't mentally prepared to deal with this job. We definitely are still in, even if its the next class or the last...........STAY FOCUSED DANIEL SON...LOL

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut

63 months ago

FYI -
My cousin had an interview scheduled August 5th. He just rec'd a letter stating, "They canceled his interview due to staff shortage and the implemented retirement in the state. He will be contacted on a later date to schedule an interview."

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

So what does that mean

63 months ago

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut said: FYI -
My cousin had an interview scheduled August 5th. He just rec'd a letter stating, "They canceled his interview due to staff shortage and the implemented retirement in the state. He will be contacted on a later date to schedule an interview."

I meant schedule for August 13th.

63 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: So what does that mean

I have no idea...
It has its pros and cons
I feel bad for those who has passed written and physical, and now might be getting there interview date canceled.
On the other hand, for those who has already interview.. the numbers decreases in candidates.

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

Oooh your right.

BayernMunchen in Windsor, Connecticut

63 months ago

Today, I received a latter from DOC that my interview scheduled for 8/4/2009 needed to be rescheduled...

Jack in New Haven, Connecticut

63 months ago

Yeah the whole DOC application process has been screwed up. They said they would select applicants for job offers based on test score order. They lied. Why did they lie? I don't know. My interview has to be rescheduled also. They should have scheduled OB interviews based on test score order and this wouldn't have happened.

Jaywb in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts

63 months ago

Hey guys, great info, I was wondering if we could get back to the interview portion, mine is on Tues., and I'm a little nervous as to what they are looking for as far as the answers go. Are they looking for specifics, or is it more of a psych test? Thanks.

63 months ago

they are just making sure you dont need anger management. they dont want every response to have physical contact. also you are not going to really know the correct answers to all of them since you have not been trained yet, and they know that. they just want to see you make a response to their questions. don't be nervous. my interview was very laid back.if you go back to page 1 or 2 there are questions that were asked posted. those were close to the same questions i was asked.

going back to the postponed interviews, i agree that the process was a little off, although this is how they always run the process. they don't tell us but the people who have better chances of being hired are the people who take it upon themselves to schedule themselves with the soonest possible physicals. The lady that interviewed me said just that. im sure once they get the first class graduated and into the facilities they will quickly reschedule all the interviews.

63 months ago

Jaywb in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts said: Hey guys, great info, I was wondering if we could get back to the interview portion, mine is on Tues., and I'm a little nervous as to what they are looking for as far as the answers go. Are they looking for specifics, or is it more of a psych test? Thanks.

are you sure you still have the interview? a lot of people had theirs cancelled...

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

63 months ago

a very close friend of mine was just contacted last week on thursday for the Academy on August 14th. She said they called her and sent her a letter in the mail..She also recieved mail on saturday regarding the medical evaluation or something like that..She doesnt know if they are still calling people or she doesnt have any information on anything. She just knows that she starts orientation on the 10Th of August and She starts training on the 14th....

I hope they call us i really dooooooo... cuz im starting to lose hope kinda..or maybe im just anxious as hell...i will keep yall posted on new info...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

When was her interview

pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut

63 months ago

rmjunior in amston said: When was her interview

hate to say it guys, but august 14th class is full and no plans of another class this year. budget has to be passed and the 10 week class has to finish before they start anything. my interview was june 3rd i smoked the written and the physical and have not been contacted. oh well just have to reapply next year

BayernMunchen in Windsor, Connecticut

63 months ago

pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut said: hate to say it guys, but august 14th class is full and no plans of another class this year. budget has to be passed and the 10 week class has to finish before they start anything. my interview was june 3rd i smoked the written and the physical and have not been contacted. oh well just have to reapply next year

Thanks for the info

63 months ago

pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut said: hate to say it guys, but august 14th class is full and no plans of another class this year. budget has to be passed and the 10 week class has to finish before they start anything. my interview was june 3rd i smoked the written and the physical and have not been contacted. oh well just have to reapply next year

so how do you know this? and by the way, the next test wouldn't be for 2 yrs so we all are still in the candidate pool for the next round of hiring which there absolutely will be with all the shortages.

KG13 in Newington, Connecticut

63 months ago

the doc website said they don't expect another test to begin for 12-24 months. so I guess we r still in the running until then. Would assume u r correct about aug 14th class being full because it is getting pretty late. U never know with the State though!!!

Dan in Boonton, New Jersey

63 months ago

Hi guys, I've been reading your post for weeks now so I thought I would join in. Thanks for all the information. I live in Jersey and try to get as much information about the test that I can. Has anyone on here taken CO exams in different states and heard anything from them? I took the CT test and had an interview set for Aug. 27 which will probably get postponed. I took NYS, NYC, Delaware and the NYPD test. I'm waiting to get cleared for an interview in DE. They are doing a background check now.

63 months ago

Dan in Boonton, New Jersey said: Hi guys, I've been reading your post for weeks now so I thought I would join in. Thanks for all the information. I live in Jersey and try to get as much information about the test that I can. Has anyone on here taken CO exams in different states and heard anything from them? I took the CT test and had an interview set for Aug. 27 which will probably get postponed. I took NYS, NYC, Delaware and the NYPD test. I'm waiting to get cleared for an interview in DE. They are doing a background check now.

my best friends wifes brother got in got the letter at end of july to report august 10th. and actually know about 6 people in cheshire that said i would have gotten it end of july

63 months ago

giaco in Naugatuck, Connecticut said: so how do you know this? and by the way, the next test wouldn't be for 2 yrs so we all are still in the candidate pool for the next round of hiring which there absolutely will be with all the shortages.

you are right also, we are in the running for the other 300 or so spots but people including friends of mine are interviewing every day until october. just makes a bigger pool of guys to choose from so if you dont get in in less than 12 months you have to start from scratch.

dan in Milford, Connecticut

63 months ago

pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut said: you are right also, we are in the running for the other 300 or so spots but people including friends of mine are interviewing every day until october. just makes a bigger pool of guys to choose from so if you dont get in in less than 12 months you have to start from scratch.

but they have cancelled peoples interview through october so that makes it better for all of us who have alredy gotten interviewed.

purple-ru in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

63 months ago

Dan.. I have my oral board Sept. 30th and I haven't recieved a letter yet stating that my interview have been cancelled, This just sucks thoo.. so many rumors etc,, they just need to pass the busget and get this thing rollin.

63 months ago

i hate this process. this is one of those jobs where you need to wait forever to hear anything. they need to make more hires to fill all the officer that retired. but the money just isnt there. rell is supposed to have a new budget by the end of the week or she gets a 1 million dollar fine. so im sure we will find out within the week what kind of budget there is with corrections

rmjunior in amston

63 months ago

Jodu rell is not doin what she is supposed to when she is supposed to. She is washed up

63 months ago

Hey guys, I still need people.. got a couple of slots left..
its $125 for just only 2 hours!!! Motor Oil Focus group.
This is what I need....
(3) Males Ages 25-39 uses Synthetic Blend Oil and choose the brand: Session on August 5th from 8pm-10pm
(1) Females 40-55 uses Synthetic Blend Oil and chooses the brand; Session on August 5th 5:30-7:30pm
(2) Femalas 25-39 uses High Mileage oil and chooses the brand:Session on August 19 from 3-5pm
(2) Females Ages 25-39, uses Synthetic and chooses brand: August 19th 8-10pm
(5) Females Ages 40-55, uses Conventional and chooses brand: August 20th 12:30-2:30pm
(3) Females Ages 25-39, uses Conventional and chooses brand:Session on August 20th 8-10pm

If you or someone you know are intersted let me know!!!! that's $125 for just your opinion!!!!
Email me @ Analee7893@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Bridgeport, Connecticut

63 months ago

I have a Friend who is a correction officer in Ct..He has been in the department of Corrections for a year now. He was not in the first Class he was in the Second..He also told me that there are usually 6 classes within one year. But im not sure how many classes the state will be having due to budget.

63 months ago

just got a phone call from a friend who took his oral on june 2 and was offered a job just 30 min ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: just got a phone call from a friend who took his oral on june 2 and was offered a job just 30 min ago

I wish I was that friend!! :)

63 months ago

i dont get it. we took our orals before he did and he got in before us. i dont get how they select people. on top of i had a higher written score. bulllllshhhhhittttt

63 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: i dont get it. we took our orals before he did and he got in before us. i dont get how they select people. on top of i had a higher written score. bulllllshhhhhittttt

I wish I knew too...
you are right, becuase if we are still in the running, why nothing as of yet? I mean if we were out we should of have been recieved a letter. I wish I knew the correct answers. Reading a post here, someone said this class was closed, I guess not... well we still have time! We just never know!!!!!!!! take it easy, you will hear good news soon! This month is time for change and next one Opportunity (that's what my calendar says"

Junior03 in New Britain, Connecticut

63 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: just got a phone call from a friend who took his oral on june 2 and was offered a job just 30 min ago

that's good to hear, that mean this class is not close. There is still hope!

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

63 months ago

Just gave me Hope again....lol

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.