Correction Officer in Connecticut

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 2785)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

dm in Bristol, Connecticut

57 months ago

i hate this process. this is one of those jobs where you need to wait forever to hear anything. they need to make more hires to fill all the officer that retired. but the money just isnt there. rell is supposed to have a new budget by the end of the week or she gets a 1 million dollar fine. so im sure we will find out within the week what kind of budget there is with corrections

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rmjunior in amston

57 months ago

Jodu rell is not doin what she is supposed to when she is supposed to. She is washed up

Analee7893 in Windsor, Connecticut

57 months ago

Hey guys, I still need people.. got a couple of slots left..
its $125 for just only 2 hours!!! Motor Oil Focus group.
This is what I need....
(3) Males Ages 25-39 uses Synthetic Blend Oil and choose the brand: Session on August 5th from 8pm-10pm
(1) Females 40-55 uses Synthetic Blend Oil and chooses the brand; Session on August 5th 5:30-7:30pm
(2) Femalas 25-39 uses High Mileage oil and chooses the brand:Session on August 19 from 3-5pm
(2) Females Ages 25-39, uses Synthetic and chooses brand: August 19th 8-10pm
(5) Females Ages 40-55, uses Conventional and chooses brand: August 20th 12:30-2:30pm
(3) Females Ages 25-39, uses Conventional and chooses brand:Session on August 20th 8-10pm

If you or someone you know are intersted let me know!!!! that's $125 for just your opinion!!!!
Email me @ Analee7893@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Bridgeport, Connecticut

57 months ago

I have a Friend who is a correction officer in Ct..He has been in the department of Corrections for a year now. He was not in the first Class he was in the Second..He also told me that there are usually 6 classes within one year. But im not sure how many classes the state will be having due to budget.

57 months ago

just got a phone call from a friend who took his oral on june 2 and was offered a job just 30 min ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: just got a phone call from a friend who took his oral on june 2 and was offered a job just 30 min ago

I wish I was that friend!! :)

57 months ago

i dont get it. we took our orals before he did and he got in before us. i dont get how they select people. on top of i had a higher written score. bulllllshhhhhittttt

57 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: i dont get it. we took our orals before he did and he got in before us. i dont get how they select people. on top of i had a higher written score. bulllllshhhhhittttt

I wish I knew too...
you are right, becuase if we are still in the running, why nothing as of yet? I mean if we were out we should of have been recieved a letter. I wish I knew the correct answers. Reading a post here, someone said this class was closed, I guess not... well we still have time! We just never know!!!!!!!! take it easy, you will hear good news soon! This month is time for change and next one Opportunity (that's what my calendar says"

Junior03 in New Britain, Connecticut

57 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: just got a phone call from a friend who took his oral on june 2 and was offered a job just 30 min ago

that's good to hear, that mean this class is not close. There is still hope!

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

57 months ago

Just gave me Hope again....lol

Dan in Boonton, New Jersey

57 months ago

purple-ru in Windsor Locks, Connecticut said: Dan.. I have my oral board Sept. 30th and I haven't recieved a letter yet stating that my interview have been cancelled, This just sucks thoo.. so many rumors etc,, they just need to pass the busget and get this thing rollin.

If I would have known how the interviews worked I would have scheduled it for that Monday. I was on the computer at 1:00 when they gave the scores and figured becuase I was coming from out of state it would be nice to go up on a friday LOL. So much for that. As long as I atleast get an interview I will be happy. I've put a lot of time, travel, hotels and money into taking these test. I just want to do my part and see what happens. When I took the written test in New Britian so many people were just taking this test because of the economy and lack of jobs. There are a lot of people to go through.

purple-ru in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

57 months ago

Rell Sucks!!! She is the hold up everyone!!!!!!

joe in Prospect, Connecticut

57 months ago

how do they score the oral?

57 months ago

well ladies and gentlemen i think we need to start praying that rell will allow another class to start after this one. i think if we have not heard yet were not going to hear. the orientation is on Monday which is 3 business days away. i am still frustrated with the way the select people, and to be honest a little jealous that a friend was select over me who had lower test scores and interviewed 2 weeks after me. o well

57 months ago

DM, I still have my fingers cross.

57 months ago

mine too. at some point we are going to be disappointed. just trying to prepare myslf. hey maybe it work out that we all meet in the second class. that would be pretty cool

57 months ago

I hope that is the case, that would be cool, LOL.

57 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: well ladies and gentlemen i think we need to start praying that rell will allow another class to start after this one. i think if we have not heard yet were not going to hear. the orientation is on Monday which is 3 business days away. i am still frustrated with the way the select people, and to be honest a little jealous that a friend was select over me who had lower test scores and interviewed 2 weeks after me. o well

maybe they give preference to people who interviewed better. my friend told me they score the oral between 1-10 and you need a 6 to pass. he's been a c.o. for 6 years now.

57 months ago

Good luck to all of us...! I'm sure they will have more classes in the near future.... the other day they had 32 slots for 2nd shift for overtime in just Macdougall!!!! They need people!!!!!

I would like to meet all of you and be in the same class!!!!!

ty james in new haven, Connecticut

57 months ago

I know its crazy we just have to wait and be patience i hope everything works out for all of us my interview was tomorrow but it got cancel. i wasn't that upset because i have a little job holding me down if i didnt have a job i would have be very upset

JaY in Bridgeport, Connecticut

57 months ago

Ive Been Upset for 7 Months Ive been laid off for 7 months and Unemployment Benefits suck ...But you have to look at the positive side. "Were all still posting these messages keeping hope for each other", Also None of us received a rejection letter which is a BIG Plus. And i just talked to my friend who is a C.O. and he says not to believe a lot of what you hear in some cases because there is such a shortage in many jails, that they need lots of help. He also stated that just because people finish the 10 week training some of them get fired, or they seek employment through another Law enforcement agency....If i get the C.O position and i get called for the State Trooper Academy i will be Doing the STATE TROOPER...We are all in there...Trust me when i say this..many people have been eliminated and others there interview papers probably shredded to pieces..I saw a guy come to an interview with jeans ON............WOOOOOOOOOOOOW...so keep faith lady's and gents.

QG in Waterbury, Connecticut

57 months ago

ty james in new haven, Connecticut said: I know its crazy we just have to wait and be patience i hope everything works out for all of us my interview was tomorrow but it got cancel. i wasn't that upset because i have a little job holding me down if i didnt have a job i would have be very upset

i dont know why your interview got canceled.. Im scheduled for tomorrow and mines hasnt gotten canceled.. Did they send u a letter or did they call u? I havent recieved anything and I already took the day off work to go.. I dont know man...

57 months ago

QG in Waterbury, Connecticut said: i dont know why your interview got canceled.. Im scheduled for tomorrow and mines hasnt gotten canceled.. Did they send u a letter or did they call u? I havent recieved anything and I already took the day off work to go.. I dont know man...

Your best bet is to call.....

ty james in new haven, Connecticut

57 months ago

I got a letter last week on friday.

hunter171 in Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

57 months ago

I have been having problems with mail service in my area.the mailman often gets the neiborhoods mail mixed up. I contacted HR at State level.and they gave me the direct tel# to recruiting at doc. before calling hr tolled me that there was little to no candidates from this round that would be picked.That they were still picking ones from 07 and if the ones getting picked now were more likely ones that renewed them self this yr. I called doc and all you get is a recording.

57 months ago

I hope this isn't true. I'm hoping for a letter or a call like everyone else. I'm a vet and I took the 1st tel,1st pt and 1st interview when offered. Im 48 and scored in the high 90's,pt was as if I was 21-29, and the interview seem to go great.this sucks waiting.

57 months ago

thats not true. once a new process starts all old candidates are dropped.

57 months ago

you can post what you want but know what I heard with my own hears FROM HR

KG13 in Newington, Connecticut

57 months ago

Hunter- U might have to clean out your ears because after 1 year is up, you have to take the test again.. application is only good for 1 year!!!!

57 months ago

yeah clean out your "hears" hunter!

57 months ago

sometimes its one year some times its two yrs. its whenever doc starts a new application. once they announce a new process all previous candidates are dropped and must reapply if they are still interested in the job. i don't care what you hear but facts are facts. this forum is for people to get information and to keep positive, so lets not turn this into an argument or a bashing.

57 months ago

they retested but keep their prior spot ahead of us

57 months ago

no they don't. go on the doc website it clearly says that anyone who was not offered a job in previous processes needed to reapply if still interested. who ever u talked to does not know what their talking about.

57 months ago

prob so,I wish they would not give out bs at hr,they have jobs and know we are all lookin

57 months ago

hr never know what the hell they are talking about. to be honest i think the people who have been selected are recent graduates of college. there was a thing on the news that rell sent out letters begging recent grads to stay in ct. hiring recent grads was rells way of showing other grads that there are jobs in ct. i have two more semesters to go, but a friend of mine who graduated this yr and took his pt after mine, and his oral and scored lower on his written got hired. hunter do you know if your background was started

57 months ago

no,I wish I could find out

Pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut

57 months ago

Guy with 25 years in told a family member of mine another class of at LEAST 125 starts in october

57 months ago

wow another class of 125. these are some big classes. i thought they were usually like 30-40

hunter the only way to find out is to ask your employer is he/she has been contacted by doc

Pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut

57 months ago

Makes sense theres still over 300 openings and the august class is an emergency class. The october class was supposed to b the original class

57 months ago

yea well we should all keep our fingers crossed

Rell in Hamden, Connecticut

57 months ago

Rell was just on the news dishing out 5 million to a wrongly convicted prisoner. No wonder they can't afford prison guards.

vetteguy in Cheshire, Connecticut

57 months ago

Pdante in Waterbury, Connecticut said: Guy with 25 years in told a family member of mine another class of at LEAST 125 starts in october

Same thing I heard from a state trooper friend of mine.
I think it is just a waiting game.
Patience is a virtue.

57 months ago

dm in Bristol, Connecticut said: hr never know what the hell they are talking about. to be honest i think the people who have been selected are recent graduates of college. there was a thing on the news that rell sent out letters begging recent grads to stay in ct. hiring recent grads was rells way of showing other grads that there are jobs in ct. i have two more semesters to go, but a friend of mine who graduated this yr and took his pt after mine, and his oral and scored lower on his written got hired. hunter do you know if your background was started

when was your guys pt and oral? i had my oral 6/8. they started the background b/c i confirmed this with my employer, but no offer to get into the first academy class...

57 months ago

joe my oral was on may 20th. had a friend take his on june 2. he got an offer. i didnt. i dont know how they select people.

vetteguy in Cheshire, Connecticut

57 months ago

It has to be based fairly highly on the interview, because they get to meet you.
I think simple test scores don't tell the entire picture in this environment.
My interview was on June 8, background done, and no call yet.

regular joe in Suffield, Connecticut

57 months ago

rec'd call earlier today, was offered position.... stay near your phones.

57 months ago

when was your interview

57 months ago

not to burst anyone's bubble but I confirmed with DOC directly today and the class is full,not a friend of a friend or a cusin's brother's uncles girlfriend. Directly.they notify candidates both by mail and by telephone. If you have not heard by now you are placed in a pool.from there they will fill out the next class. or send out rejection letters. be patience. not class is confirmed yet.these are all rumors.we will get in.P.S. I come from a family with members HIGH up in DOC and I scored very high on both test, I have been laid-off for over a year and I'm not in yet.Be Patience...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joe in Wallingford, Connecticut

57 months ago

if it's full? what happnes if people fail or drop out halfway through the class? if they budgeted for 125 officers and 10 leave, how do they fill those 10 spots when the academy is halfway finished? or what if less show up on the 14th?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Boonton, New Jersey

57 months ago

QG in Waterbury, Connecticut said: i dont know why your interview got canceled.. Im scheduled for tomorrow and mines hasnt gotten canceled.. Did they send u a letter or did they call u? I havent recieved anything and I already took the day off work to go.. I dont know man...

QG, Did you have your interview this week?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.