Has anyone received any info on the July 2010 academy in california?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1401 to 1450 of 2101)
Page:  « First « Previous   26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next »   Last »

caldel in Fresno, California

53 months ago

anyone else run into some problems on the cadet handbook test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hardknox in Alhambra, California

53 months ago

I am going to get another pair of boots as well.. Everyone has mentioned getting a cheap pair from Big 5. What are some of the model #'s people have picked up?

53 months ago

25 had me stumped, but then like everyone said I kept looking and found it. Which ones are giving you trouble?

caldel in Fresno, California

53 months ago

not really stumped just tricky wordinglike 17 for example if you say false then it's like you can have it on grounds

spoofer

53 months ago

hardknox in Alhambra, California said: I am going to get another pair of boots as well.. Everyone has mentioned getting a cheap pair from Big 5. What are some of the model #'s people have picked up?

I went with big 5 for my main boots, they had some decent smith and wessons for $50, on sale, but they always have some cheap itasca, or response gear boots on sale for about $30. Sometimes you can find them for as low as $20, just go to their website and it will have their current sales ad.

mrod23 in visalia, California

53 months ago

I'm still Having Trouble with quetion 25 any help would b greatly appreciated

HD 209 bob in Sactoish, California

53 months ago

The best advice without out right giving the answer was to obtain the digital copy of the handbook and do a keyword search until you find what is needed. I think someone even posted the url for pdf version.

Frankie Rosario in Granada Hills, California

53 months ago

Actually if someone could help I thought I was stuck on # 25 my mistake I'm stuck on #26
Thank you

whodatb in Fresno, California

53 months ago

#31 is throwin me off as well

cadet in Upland, California

53 months ago

hardknox in Alhambra, California said: I am going to get another pair of boots as well.. Everyone has mentioned getting a cheap pair from Big 5. What are some of the model #'s people have picked up?

I pick up the RG Deputy for 24.99$

spoofer

53 months ago

whodatb in Fresno, California said: #31 is throwin me off as well

26 is hard also... can't get it. 31 the correct answer is not even listed as an option.

53 months ago

Yes there were a few tricky ?????

But I read that hand book a few times and the answers did pop up!!!!

I know how it feels to keep reading something and cant find it.. but trust... its there

JUST LOOK for a few KEY WORDS...(HINT)

53 months ago

#31 I felt like I had to eliminate the wrong ones and go with the closest answer.

53 months ago

spoofer said: 26 is hard also... can't get it. 31 the correct answer is not even listed as an option.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS

Future cadets you are going to have to read the hell out of that hand book.. ..there are some ?'s that are not given...

You kinda gotta think what would be the best answer...

My wife is a educator and we both ?ed some of the wording on the test

spoofer

53 months ago

Did you question the typos too? Haha!

53 months ago

This is what I purchased so far can someone or many look it over and let me know what I'm missing or what I must have Thank you...

List of what I got so far----

CDCR HAT
BOOT-BATES
BLACK SOCKS
2 SETS OF CLASS B SHIRTS WITH PATCHES
2 PAIR OF PANTS
2 PACKS OF UNDER SHIRTS WHITE
SAM BROWNE BELT
NYLON BELT
LEATHER GOLD BELT KEEPERS
HANDCUFF CASE
PAD CASE-PERSONAL ALARM CASE
POCKET SIZE NOTEBOOK WITH OUR LOGO ON IT
BLACK PENS
LEATHER FLASHLIGHT HOLDER
BLACK DUTY BAG
HIGHLIGHTERS NOTEBOOKS
DOUBLE KEY SCABBARD GOLD
LEATHER RADIO HOLDER
FLASHLIGHT
GOLD WHISTLE
ALL PURPOSE DUTY GLOVES
FLASHLIGHT POCKET SIZE
TENNIS RUNNING SHOES

WHAT I NEED-
P:T GEAR
(SWEATHSHIRT,SWEAT PANTS,LAUNDRY BAG,ATHLETIC TEE-SHIRTS) this is what I'll be getting
LAUNDRY BAG
STRIKING GLOVES
MOUTH PIECE
HAND SANITIZER
SUNSCREEN
SEWING KIT
WATER BOTTLE
HAND WIPES
POCKET DICTIONARY
what is the Leather key holder?
I don't care much for the shorts can I just get sweats?

GotUrBack in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

Anyone who got nylon gear or who knows, can you answer whether the nylon accessories have brass snaps?

J.Diaz in Moreno Valley, California

53 months ago

Is anybody having problems on the DOM codes they dont match the handbook?

53 months ago

I noticed that.

M

53 months ago

As for the Dom codes I just changed it to match the handbook to the answer that made sense to me..after all they up date the handbook for each Academy.

53 months ago

J.Diaz in Moreno Valley, California said: Is anybody having problems on the DOM codes they dont match the handbook?

Yes..... I wrote the right answer next to the question.

Erdnase in Northern, California

53 months ago

GotUrBack in Los Angeles, California said: Anyone who got nylon gear or who knows, can you answer whether the nylon accessories have brass snaps?

They don't have brass snaps. They are all black. My whole setup is Uncle Mike's Cordura Nylon. It's comparable to Bianchi.

www.uncle-mikes.com/index.htm

53 months ago

Frankie Rosario in Granada Hills, California said: This is what I purchased so far can someone or many look it over and let me know what I'm missing or what I must have Thank you...

List of what I got so far----

CDCR HAT
BOOT-BATES
BLACK SOCKS
2 SETS OF CLASS B SHIRTS WITH PATCHES
2 PAIR OF PANTS
2 PACKS OF UNDER SHIRTS WHITE
SAM BROWNE BELT
NYLON BELT
LEATHER GOLD BELT KEEPERS
HANDCUFF CASE
PAD CASE-PERSONAL ALARM CASE
POCKET SIZE NOTEBOOK WITH OUR LOGO ON IT
BLACK PENS
LEATHER FLASHLIGHT HOLDER
BLACK DUTY BAG
HIGHLIGHTERS NOTEBOOKS
DOUBLE KEY SCABBARD GOLD
LEATHER RADIO HOLDER
FLASHLIGHT
GOLD WHISTLE
ALL PURPOSE DUTY GLOVES
FLASHLIGHT POCKET SIZE
TENNIS RUNNING SHOES

WHAT I NEED-
P:T GEAR
(SWEATHSHIRT,SWEAT PANTS,LAUNDRY BAG,ATHLETIC TEE-SHIRTS) this is what I'll be getting
LAUNDRY BAG
STRIKING GLOVES
MOUTH PIECE
HAND SANITIZER
SUNSCREEN
SEWING KIT
WATER BOTTLE
HAND WIPES
POCKET DICTIONARY
what is the Leather key holder?
I don't care much for the shorts can I just get sweats?

It looks good..

Where did you find this (POCKET SIZE NOTEBOOK WITH OUR LOGO ON IT)

I just got a 3pack from office max. I hope those are ok..

Your (POCKET DICTIONARY) I found a 2 in 1.. A pocket Dictionary & Thesaurus at Barns & Nobel (5$ or 8$)

Your (2 PACKS OF UNDER SHIRTS WHITE ) you might want to buy more so you dont have to wash as much. I pick up 3 packs from Costco which had 6 white tees in one pack.. One pack will get me through one week

Only thing I have left is to order my PT gear.. 3 sets of sweat pants and tee shirts..

I dont sew so I will not be buying that. If anything happens I will just pull out another uniform and take care of it on the weekend. ( Im bring all 3 sets of class B with me)

WATER BOTTLE--- Costco water case is a better value.

HAND SANITIZER-- Pick up at the 99 cent store

MOUTH PIECE -- Pick up at big 5 for 1 doller (nike blk)

53 months ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im trying to buy everything before I go up there. I have better control over my $$$ and the quality of equipment.

I know they have everything up there but before I hit the academy grounds I want to use my ability to use other options beside what CDCR offers...

Im not from up there so I would not have a clue on where to go to pick up stuff or will we even have time to go price equipment...

once again my 2cents

Just my 2cent

53 months ago

cadet in Upland, California said: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im trying to buy everything before I go up there. I have better control over my $$$ and the quality of equipment.

I know they have everything up there but before I hit the academy grounds I want to use my ability to use other options beside what CDCR offers...

Im not from up there so I would not have a clue on where to go to pick up stuff or will we even have time to go price equipment...

once again my 2cents

Just my 2cent

Great and thank you for your time. I feel the same way getting everything out here

J.Diaz in Moreno Valley, California

53 months ago

For #25 just start all over and look for the words...due to..

53 months ago

cadet in Upland, California said: It looks good..

I just got a 3pack from office max. I hope those are ok..

Your (POCKET DICTIONARY) I found a 2 in 1.. A pocket Dictionary & Thesaurus at Barns & Nobel (5$ or 8$)

Your (2 PACKS OF UNDER SHIRTS WHITE ) you might want to buy more so you dont have to wash as much. I pick up 3 packs from Costco which had 6 white tees in one pack.. One pack will get me through one week

Only thing I have left is to order my PT gear.. 3 sets of sweat pants and tee shirts..

I dont sew so I will not be buying that. If anything happens I will just pull out another uniform and take care of it on the weekend. ( Im bring all 3 sets of class B with me)

WATER BOTTLE--- Costco water case is a better value.

HAND SANITIZER-- Pick up at the 99 cent store

MOUTH PIECE -- Pick up at big 5 for 1 doller (nike blk)

Got it at Quartermaster..

sa in San Clemente, California

53 months ago

Is anyone getting the Seasonal Coat(or can we wait to purchase that)? It's on our Checklist under UNIFORM (MUST HAVE).

Mdub in Elk Grove, California

53 months ago

sa in San Clemente, California said: Is anyone getting the Seasonal Coat(or can we wait to purchase that)? It's on our Checklist under UNIFORM (MUST HAVE).

I am goin to get the seasonal coat this weekend since its on sale for $78

Erdnase in Northern, California

53 months ago

sa in San Clemente, California said: Is anyone getting the Seasonal Coat(or can we wait to purchase that)? It's on our Checklist under UNIFORM (MUST HAVE).

I was going to ask the same question! I'm probably going to wait until the end of September. I'm already maxed out on funds and I still have some more items to purchase. As stated in the handbook, it's only seasonal. So, you actually won't need it until October.

sa in San Clemente, California

53 months ago

Thx for the response, I appreciate it. I was going to purchase it but the Long Beach Quartermasters had the one with the fur on the collar, which is prohibited according to our handbook.

53 months ago

Seasonally mandatory is october through may. Per m and n of page 9. I have taken this to mean I do NOT need them at this time. As well as gloves.

Rayne10 in Whittier, California

53 months ago

sa in San Clemente, California said: Thx for the response, I appreciate it. I was going to purchase it but the Long Beach Quartermasters had the one with the fur on the collar, which is prohibited according to our handbook.

the fur on the collar is removeable. that is the coat we need, but just take the fur off.

cadet in Sacramento, California

53 months ago

Do we need to purchase a universal radio carrier with retention strap? Behind page 9 in the hand book it says yes but it's missing on the checklist. I'm gonna assume it's a yes.

53 months ago

cadet in Sacramento, California said: Do we need to purchase a universal radio carrier with retention strap? Behind page 9 in the hand book it says yes but it's missing on the checklist. I'm gonna assume it's a yes.

Yes you do

Mdub in Sacramento, California

53 months ago

Ok so I went with the nylon duty belt but of course the double keyholder is only in leather what type of key holder is ok to buy?

DOs wife in Phoenix, Arizona

53 months ago

Has anyone heard anything new on the CA budget/GAS issue where the Gov. has ordered minimum wage for state workers? I keep checking the Sacramento Bee website, and have seen articles that explain most of it. Just wondering if anyone on here has another source for up to date and accurate info. Thanks!

53 months ago

Oh and do we need the badge on our hats or e we leave it like it is plain black.

53 months ago

Mdub in Elk Grove, California said: Oh and do we need the badge on our hats or e we leave it like it is plain black.

My hat already had the CDCR star patch on it

53 months ago

Does anyone happen to know if we are required to wearing said duty best and gear upon arrival. Class b's yes but duty gear? Or in the black bag. Thanks in advance if someone knows.

53 months ago

Did anyone get an email from the cdcr today?

spoofer

53 months ago

No, were we supposed to?

53 months ago

spoofer said: No, were we supposed to?

I got one stating that they haven't received my TB and I9 form.. I faxed my I9 on 6-7-10 and then Faxed my Tb on 6-29-10..I have copies so I will re fax again tomorrow.

53 months ago

Frankie Rosario in Granada Hills, California said: I got one stating that they haven't received my TB and I9 form.. I faxed my I9 on 6-7-10 and then Faxed my Tb on 6-29-10..I have copies so I will re fax again tomorrow.

Read it again its a reminder to do so! it states if you already sent it in you dont need to do anything further, atleast thats what mine said.

Rebecca135 in Fresno, California

53 months ago

Frankie Rosario in Granada Hills, California said: I got one stating that they haven't received my TB and I9 form.. I faxed my I9 on 6-7-10 and then Faxed my Tb on 6-29-10..I have copies so I will re fax again tomorrow.

I got an email today also and it states:
"If you have already submitted these documents, please do not call to see if we received them. If these documents are not received by July 19,2010 I will call you."

53 months ago

Hi Rebecca did you go with the nylon or leather duty belt? If you went with the nylon such as my self what did you do to match the key holder as to the leather.

53 months ago

Frankie Rosario in Granada Hills, California said: Did anyone get an email from the cdcr today?

Yes.... I already submitted everything so I should be good..

53 months ago

Rebecca135 in Fresno, California said: I got an email today also and it states:
"If you have already submitted these documents, please do not call to see if we received them. If these documents are not received by July 19,2010 I will call you."

Thats the email I got also

53 months ago

HD 209 bob in Sactoish, California said: Does anyone happen to know if we are required to wearing said duty best and gear upon arrival. Class b's yes but duty gear? Or in the black bag. Thanks in advance if someone knows.

Leave your gear in your car. Just show up in uniform with the Class B attire, boots, hat, paperwork (including handbook & test) along with any meds or items that are required to be checked in.

Rebecca135 in Fresno, California

53 months ago

Mdub in Elk Grove, California said: Hi Rebecca did you go with the nylon or leather duty belt? If you went with the nylon such as my self what did you do to match the key holder as to the leather.

I went with the nylon as well, I purchased the Uncle Mike's Law Enforecement Key Ring Holder Open Style the number on the pkg. is 8860-1..hope this helps. I have everything in nylon including the PAD case which I purchased in Modesto (Cresent Uniforms)

Page:  « First « Previous   26  27  28  29  30  31  32  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.