March 2013 Applicants for CDCR Correctional officer. Background, Psych, Medical

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 2967)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California

9 months ago

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California said: Hello everyone,

I am a March 2013 applicant for CDCR to become a correctional officer. I am currently in the background check phase and I was wondering how long does this usually take.
Please join this forum if you are also a March 2003 or if you have experience in the process.

Thanks.

I also applied back in March. I'm exactly 2 months into my background investigation but it still hasn't been completed. Checked in with my BI and was told that everything is still open and moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ATT in San Jose, California

9 months ago

Wait until a lot of applicants are cleared background then cdcr will held the written pope... I heard someone applied in march and took the pope written on the september 20 or something like that... For background, it depends on the BI ... Your written socre on the test also help for your prority of the call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joker in San Jose, California

9 months ago

I applied in March....passed background Aug 27. Waiting to be scheduled for written psych. Scored 95 on my written test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California

9 months ago

joker in San Jose, California said: I applied in March....passed background Aug 27. Waiting to be scheduled for written psych. Scored 95 on my written test

when did you start background?
what do they check during background anyways?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Los Angeles, California

9 months ago

Hello I applied back I'm march to I'm in the background procces and I am waiting o. The fire arm permit to clear and after that I'm guessing I'm done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria Maria in San Diego, California

9 months ago

Applied 3/19
Fit Test 4/30
Written 6/10 (scored a 90)
Met with Investigator 7/19
Cleared Investigation 10/11

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

I'm hearing that 2010/2011 applicants will take academy dates for Nov 2012- Mar 2013. Is that true or false? Do 2013 applicants have opportunity to get into those academies as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Maria Maria in San Diego, California said: I'm hearing that 2010/2011 applicants will take academy dates for Nov 2012- Mar 2013. Is that true or false? Do 2013 applicants have opportunity to get into those academies as well?

SORRY! Nov 2013- Mar 2014!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SJ444 in San Jose, California

9 months ago

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California said: Hello everyone,

I am a March 2013 applicant for CDCR to become a correctional officer . I am currently in the background check phase and I was wondering how long does this usually take.
Please join this forum if you are also a March 2003 or if you have experience in the process.

Thanks.

I also applied in feb or march, met w my BI in July and have heard nothing.

9 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: I also applied in feb or march, met w my BI in July and have heard nothing.

I met with my BI on 09/19 andreceived an email sometimes last week saying a new BI has been assigned. I asked him how long does the BI usually take and he concisely replied that it could take up to 3 months.

8 months ago

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California said: I met with my BI on 09/19 andreceived an email sometimes last week saying a new BI has been assigned. I asked him how long does the BI usually take and he concisely replied that it could take up to 3 months.

I just checked in with my BI yesterday and he sais im still active theres just a lot of BIs backed up...sounds like theyre going by test scores. i have almost been in BI for 4 months...scored 75 on the written.

Bay Area girl in San Bruno, California

8 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: I just checked in with my BI yesterday and he sais im still active theres just a lot of BIs backed up...sounds like theyre going by test scores. i have almost been in BI for 4 months...scored 75 on the written.

I'm also a march applicant and I are waiting hopefully we get to hear from them soon

8 months ago

Bay Area girl in San Bruno, California said: I'm also a march applicant and I are waiting hopefully we get to hear from them soon

How long have you been waiting? I've been waiting since september 19th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bay Area girl in Oakland, California

8 months ago

I went to talk with the investigator on August and I just got an email that he wants my W2 from my jobs so I hope that's a good sign....

8 months ago

Yeah, my investigator also asked for my W2s right after the interview. You've been waiting since August? I think you should hear great news soon. One of thr candidates on here said he passed BG a little after 3 months.

Bay Area girl in Oakland, California

8 months ago

I sure hope so one of the guys I know he also apply on march passed the test and just got back his birth certificate but they haven't assigned him a PI yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Bay Area girl in Oakland, California said: I sure hope so one of the guys I know he also apply on march passed the test and just got back his birth certificate but they haven't assigned him a PI yet

oh my... He should call and see if anything is causing the delay...

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California

8 months ago

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California said: Yeah, my investigator also asked for my W2s right after the interview. You've been waiting since August? I think you should hear great news soon. One of thr candidates on here said he passed BG a little after 3 months.

Did he/she say why you needed the W2's, were they recent ones or old ones? Just curious...Does everyone need to bring them or just some people...cause maybe I should start digging them up to have them ready.

8 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: Did he/she say why you needed the W2's, were they recent ones or old ones? Just curious...Does everyone need to bring them or just some people...cause maybe I should start digging them up to have them ready.

I was asked to get a W-2 for one place. They were not cooperative when I tried getting my start/end dates for my PHS. They gave me the run around and the manager refused to call me back. So maybe my BI had a problem verifying employment? I have a feeling that was the reason in my case. But I cleared backgrounds a few weeks after I faxed the W-2 over.

8 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I was asked to get a W-2 for one place. They were not cooperative when I tried getting my start/end dates for my PHS. They gave me the run around and the manager refused to call me back. So maybe my BI had a problem verifying employment? I have a feeling that was the reason in my case. But I cleared backgrounds a few weeks after I faxed the W-2 over.

yeah that makes sense...mmmm I wonder if they will request that from me since some of my past employment places have closed.

8 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: yeah that makes sense...mmmm I wonder if they will request that from me since some of my past employment places have closed.

Possibly. I would have them ready just in case they ask. Giving them the info they need ASAP looks better on you.

8 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Possibly. I would have them ready just in case they ask. Giving them the info they need ASAP looks better on you.

thanks. I will

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Possibly. I would have them ready just in case they ask. Giving them the info they need ASAP looks better on you.

I just looked for some just in case and didn't find them but did find some old pay-stubs...do you know if they would accept those in case they request proof of previous employment?

8 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: I just looked for some just in case and didn't find them but did find some old pay-stubs...do you know if they would accept those in case they request proof of previous employment?

He asked for a pay stub OR a W-2. I only had a W-2 since I hadn't worked there in years. But I'm not sure what the other BI's will accept. I don't see why they wouldn't take it. It's better than nothing :)

8 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: He asked for a pay stub OR a W-2. I only had a W-2 since I hadn't worked there in years. But I'm not sure what the other BI's will accept. I don't see why they wouldn't take it. It's better than nothing :)

ok thanks, good to know in case they request it I'll keep the stubs handy.

Khan in Ceres, California

8 months ago

hey guys march 2013 applicant just got a call from Back ground for interview which will be on 11-18-13 my written score was 80 due to out of time.. anyways I think the higher the written score is the faster the process goes... I hope its not like that with the academy.... well good luck guys and will update after the back ground interview.

Applicant March 2013 in California

8 months ago

Hello all, This is where I am at:
March, Applied.
May, PFT.
May, Writen test Score 80.
July, Initial Background Check.

In between: was never asked for W-2's, however; I was asked a few personal questions.

November, Background Cleared.
December Scheduled for POPE.

8 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: Hello all, This is where I am at:
March, Applied.
May, PFT.

In between: was never asked for W-2's, however; I was asked a few personal questions.

That is awesome! I also did all of those same phases but scored a 75....am still waiting to get cleared for backgrounds. Can you tell me how ypu heard back from BG about getting cleared? Did it happen early Nov or just happened?

Bay Area girl in Portland, Oregon

8 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: That is awesome! I also did all of those same phases but scored a 75....am still waiting to get cleared for backgrounds. Can you tell me how ypu heard back from BG about getting cleared? Did it happen early Nov or just happened?

That's great that u heard from them I got 85 they asked for my W2 and I'm still waiting to hear from them I hope it happens soon.

8 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: Hello all, This is where I am at:
March, Applied.
May, PFT.

that's cool! are you from northern cali?
I applied at the same time you did and I'm still in background which just started not too long ago, and my score is just like yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Bay Area girl in Portland, Oregon said: That's great that u heard from them I got 85 they asked for my W2 and I'm still waiting to hear from them I hope it happens soon.

Thank you!! You too. So when did u have your meeting woth the backgrounder? July as well?

Bay Area girl in San Bruno, California

8 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: Thank you!! You too. So when did u have your meeting woth the backgrounder? July as well?

No I had it on August, the asked me about my W2 for job verification like 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them yet..

7 months ago

Just read a local newspaper article that says rheres still 7000 more officers to be hired!

7 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: That is awesome! I also did all of those same phases but scored a 75....am still waiting to get cleared for backgrounds. Can you tell me how ypu heard back from BG about getting cleared? Did it happen early Nov or just happened?

I got an e-mail stating that my Background was cleared (along with the date that was cleared), that I would proceed to the Pre-employment Medical Selection component and would be contacted by staff in the Peace Officer Appointments Section once my case was transferred.

17 days later I received the date, time and address of where I'll be taking the Pope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: that's cool! are you from northern cali?
I applied at the same time you did and I'm still in background which just started not too long ago, and my score is just like yours.

I am in central California!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: I am in central California!

ah ok that makes sense since it seems like its a slower pace for us from southern cali.

CJV in Sacramento, California

7 months ago

Hi all, I just got the email that I passed the written (took it 11/15/13) and I am scheduled to take my PFT on 12/14/13. My question is, did you all get letters in the mail with the score? The email just said Congratulations, you passed but no score??

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California

7 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I have never received anything through the mail. My email gave me my score and the time/date for my fingerprints.

What did you're test questions consist of is there something I should study off of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California said: What did you're test questions consist of is there something I should study off of?

I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought Master the Corrections Officer Exam by Therese DeAngelis (that was the only CO study guide they had in stock). I thought it was pretty helpful and a lot of the questions were similar to the exam. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it (since you'll only use it once) but maybe finding a book similar to it and looking over it.

Maybe someone else on here can recommend something else.

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California

7 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought Master the Corrections Officer Exam by Therese DeAngelis (that was the only CO study guide they had in stock). I thought it was pretty helpful and a lot of the questions were similar to the exam. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it (since you'll only use it once) but maybe finding a book similar to it and looking over it.

Maybe someone else on here can recommend something else.

Thank you very much! I just got an email I go and take a test in January 2014, so I want to be prepared... I past written and physical test in 2006 but got stuck with the hiring freeze to here I am again.

7 months ago

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California said: Thank you very much! I just got an email I go and take a test in January 2014, so I want to be prepared... I past written and physical test in 2006 but got stuck with the hiring freeze to here I am again.

I'm sure you'll be fine. I know 2006 was a while ago, but I can't imagine the questions being that much different. I was going crazy with all the worry about the PFT and written, but neither were as bad as I expected. I hope you get in before the fiscal year ends. CDCR is so unpredictable.

7 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: I got an e-mail stating that my Background was cleared (along with the date that was cleared), that I would proceed to the Pre-employment Medical Selection component and would be contacted by staff in the Peace Officer Appointments Section once my case was transferred.

17 days later I received the date, time and address of where I'll be taking the Pope.

Great!! Thank you so much!

7 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I have never received anything through the mail. My email gave me my score and the time/date for my fingerprints.

I guess I'll call the main number to ask why I didn't get a score. I tested in 2006 and back then it was all done by mail; the letter came with a score. I thought it was strange since everyone on here is talking about their score. THANKS for your help!

7 months ago

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California said: What did you're test questions consist of is there something I should study off of?

Hi gnzlzolvr, here is a sample test of the written. It has almost all of the same type of questions that will be on the test.

www.cdcr.ca.gov/Career_Opportunities/POR/docs/COYCOYCC%20Sample%20Test.pdf

let me know if the link works, if not I'll try another one :)

-Cynthia

7 months ago

FYI---I just called the main office and they no longer give scores, its pass or fail...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JAM32 in Fontana, California

7 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: FYI---I just called the main office and they no longer give scores, its pass or fail...

Hey Thanks for the info. I applied back in Aug 2013 took the written on 11/25/13. Just received an email with no score and wasnt sure what to make of it. I did pass and I have the PFT on 12/18/13 in Ontario Ca (Citizens Business Bank Arena) Does anyone have an idea of what it's like? im in decent shape but just want a heads up on what to expect. Thanks for any replies

7 months ago

Here's a link to check out the actual PFT test. Let me know if it doesn't work I'll find another link:
media.cdcr.ca.gov/OCS/Physical_Fitness_Test_PFT.wmv

Not sure but it seems to me that things are moving faster up North.

7 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: Here's a link to check out the actual PFT test. Let me know if it doesn't work I'll find another link:
media.cdcr.ca.gov/OCS/Physical_Fitness_Test_PFT.wmv

Not sure but it seems to me that things are moving faster up North.

Couldnt see it, but I believe that is the same one from the CDCR website? Are they all pretty similar to that one? From reading comments on here it seems like the steps are also in a different order depending on where you are?

7 months ago

JAM32 in Fontana, California said: Couldnt see it, but I believe that is the same one from the CDCR website? Are they all pretty similar to that one? From reading comments on here it seems like the steps are also in a different order depending on where you are?

Yes, it is, sorry about that. I am not sure how different they are in other places. I'd assume they'd make them all similar. Maybe someone else knows??

7 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: Yes, it is, sorry about that. I am not sure how different they are in other places. I'd assume they'd make them all similar. Maybe someone else knows??[/

Good luck with your PFT. Let us know how it goes and thanks again for the info.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.