March 2013 Applicants for CDCR Correctional officer. Background, Psych, Medical

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 4446)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California

34 months ago

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California said: Hello everyone,

I am a March 2013 applicant for CDCR to become a correctional officer. I am currently in the background check phase and I was wondering how long does this usually take.
Please join this forum if you are also a March 2003 or if you have experience in the process.

Thanks.

I also applied back in March. I'm exactly 2 months into my background investigation but it still hasn't been completed. Checked in with my BI and was told that everything is still open and moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

ATT in San Jose, California

34 months ago

Wait until a lot of applicants are cleared background then cdcr will held the written pope... I heard someone applied in march and took the pope written on the september 20 or something like that... For background, it depends on the BI ... Your written socre on the test also help for your prority of the call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

joker in San Jose, California

34 months ago

I applied in March....passed background Aug 27. Waiting to be scheduled for written psych. Scored 95 on my written test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Maria Maria in San Diego, California

33 months ago

I'm hearing that 2010/2011 applicants will take academy dates for Nov 2012- Mar 2013. Is that true or false? Do 2013 applicants have opportunity to get into those academies as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Maria Maria in San Diego, California

33 months ago

Maria Maria in San Diego, California said: I'm hearing that 2010/2011 applicants will take academy dates for Nov 2012- Mar 2013. Is that true or false? Do 2013 applicants have opportunity to get into those academies as well?

SORRY! Nov 2013- Mar 2014!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

SJ444 in San Jose, California

33 months ago

March 03 Applicant in Sacramento, California said: Hello everyone,

I am a March 2013 applicant for CDCR to become a correctional officer . I am currently in the background check phase and I was wondering how long does this usually take.
Please join this forum if you are also a March 2003 or if you have experience in the process.

Thanks.

I also applied in feb or march, met w my BI in July and have heard nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: Hello all, This is where I am at:
March, Applied.
May, PFT.
May, Writen test Score 80.
July, Initial Background Check.

In between: was never asked for W-2's, however; I was asked a few personal questions.

November, Background Cleared.
December Scheduled for POPE.

That is awesome! I also did all of those same phases but scored a 75....am still waiting to get cleared for backgrounds. Can you tell me how ypu heard back from BG about getting cleared? Did it happen early Nov or just happened?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bay Area girl in Portland, Oregon

32 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: That is awesome! I also did all of those same phases but scored a 75....am still waiting to get cleared for backgrounds. Can you tell me how ypu heard back from BG about getting cleared? Did it happen early Nov or just happened?

That's great that u heard from them I got 85 they asked for my W2 and I'm still waiting to hear from them I hope it happens soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

yess1976 in Long Beach, California

32 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: Hello all, This is where I am at:
March, Applied.
May, PFT.
May, Writen test Score 80.
July, Initial Background Check.

In between: was never asked for W-2's, however; I was asked a few personal questions.

November, Background Cleared.
December Scheduled for POPE.

that's cool! are you from northern cali?
I applied at the same time you did and I'm still in background which just started not too long ago, and my score is just like yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Bay Area girl in Portland, Oregon said: That's great that u heard from them I got 85 they asked for my W2 and I'm still waiting to hear from them I hope it happens soon.

Thank you!! You too. So when did u have your meeting woth the backgrounder? July as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

applicantmarch2013 in California

32 months ago

SJ444 in San Jose, California said: That is awesome! I also did all of those same phases but scored a 75....am still waiting to get cleared for backgrounds. Can you tell me how ypu heard back from BG about getting cleared? Did it happen early Nov or just happened?

I got an e-mail stating that my Background was cleared (along with the date that was cleared), that I would proceed to the Pre-employment Medical Selection component and would be contacted by staff in the Peace Officer Appointments Section once my case was transferred.

17 days later I received the date, time and address of where I'll be taking the Pope.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

applicantmarch2013 in California

32 months ago

Yess1976 in Long Beach, California said: that's cool! are you from northern cali?
I applied at the same time you did and I'm still in background which just started not too long ago, and my score is just like yours.

I am in central California!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

yess1976 in Long Beach, California

32 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: I am in central California!

ah ok that makes sense since it seems like its a slower pace for us from southern cali.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CJV in Sacramento, California

32 months ago

Hi all, I just got the email that I passed the written (took it 11/15/13) and I am scheduled to take my PFT on 12/14/13. My question is, did you all get letters in the mail with the score? The email just said Congratulations, you passed but no score??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California

32 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I have never received anything through the mail. My email gave me my score and the time/date for my fingerprints.

What did you're test questions consist of is there something I should study off of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California said: What did you're test questions consist of is there something I should study off of?

I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought Master the Corrections Officer Exam by Therese DeAngelis (that was the only CO study guide they had in stock). I thought it was pretty helpful and a lot of the questions were similar to the exam. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it (since you'll only use it once) but maybe finding a book similar to it and looking over it.

Maybe someone else on here can recommend something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California

32 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought Master the Corrections Officer Exam by Therese DeAngelis (that was the only CO study guide they had in stock). I thought it was pretty helpful and a lot of the questions were similar to the exam. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it (since you'll only use it once) but maybe finding a book similar to it and looking over it.

Maybe someone else on here can recommend something else.

Thank you very much! I just got an email I go and take a test in January 2014, so I want to be prepared... I past written and physical test in 2006 but got stuck with the hiring freeze to here I am again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Applicant March 2013 in California said: I got an e-mail stating that my Background was cleared (along with the date that was cleared), that I would proceed to the Pre-employment Medical Selection component and would be contacted by staff in the Peace Officer Appointments Section once my case was transferred.

17 days later I received the date, time and address of where I'll be taking the Pope.

Great!! Thank you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I have never received anything through the mail. My email gave me my score and the time/date for my fingerprints.

I guess I'll call the main number to ask why I didn't get a score. I tested in 2006 and back then it was all done by mail; the letter came with a score. I thought it was strange since everyone on here is talking about their score. THANKS for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

gnzlzolvr in Moreno Valley, California said: What did you're test questions consist of is there something I should study off of?

Hi gnzlzolvr, here is a sample test of the written. It has almost all of the same type of questions that will be on the test.

www.cdcr.ca.gov/Career_Opportunities/POR/docs/COYCOYCC%20Sample%20Test.pdf

let me know if the link works, if not I'll try another one :)

-Cynthia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

FYI---I just called the main office and they no longer give scores, its pass or fail...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jam32 in Fontana, California

32 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: FYI---I just called the main office and they no longer give scores, its pass or fail...

Hey Thanks for the info. I applied back in Aug 2013 took the written on 11/25/13. Just received an email with no score and wasnt sure what to make of it. I did pass and I have the PFT on 12/18/13 in Ontario Ca (Citizens Business Bank Arena) Does anyone have an idea of what it's like? im in decent shape but just want a heads up on what to expect. Thanks for any replies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Here's a link to check out the actual PFT test. Let me know if it doesn't work I'll find another link:
media.cdcr.ca.gov/OCS/Physical_Fitness_Test_PFT.wmv

Not sure but it seems to me that things are moving faster up North.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: Here's a link to check out the actual PFT test. Let me know if it doesn't work I'll find another link:
media.cdcr.ca.gov/OCS/Physical_Fitness_Test_PFT.wmv

Not sure but it seems to me that things are moving faster up North.

Couldnt see it, but I believe that is the same one from the CDCR website? Are they all pretty similar to that one? From reading comments on here it seems like the steps are also in a different order depending on where you are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

JAM32 in Fontana, California said: Couldnt see it, but I believe that is the same one from the CDCR website? Are they all pretty similar to that one? From reading comments on here it seems like the steps are also in a different order depending on where you are?

Yes, it is, sorry about that. I am not sure how different they are in other places. I'd assume they'd make them all similar. Maybe someone else knows??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: Yes, it is, sorry about that. I am not sure how different they are in other places. I'd assume they'd make them all similar. Maybe someone else knows??[/

Good luck with your PFT. Let us know how it goes and thanks again for the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

JAM32 in Fontana, California said:

Thank you Jam32, will keep you all posted! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ross in Bakersfield, California

32 months ago

Hello guys...I was informed on friday that I passed backgrounds!!! Im excited. ..btw im from s.cal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

ross in Bakersfield, California said: Hello guys...I was informed on friday that I passed backgrounds!!! Im excited. ..btw im from s.cal

Congrats! How long did it take? Was you background pretty clean? Thanks for the update.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bay Area girl in San Bruno, California

32 months ago

ross in Bakersfield, California said: Hello guys...I was informed on friday that I passed backgrounds!!! Im excited. ..btw im from s.cal

Congrats one step closer

ross in Huntington Park, California

32 months ago

Thanks!! I applied in march n started backgrounds since july. I dont have any long history or record stuff that would make my background investigation take long, it's that they are behind.

DRH in Lodi, California

32 months ago

By the way I scored a 90 out of 96 on the Written Exam

32 months ago

DRH in Lodi, California said: By the way I scored a 90 out of 96 on the Written Exam

Congratulations! When you take your written exam? I took mine 11/15/13 and was told they no longer score the exams, its just pass or fail. I would like to know my score but glad to have passed.

DRH in Lodi, California

32 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: Congratulations! When you take your written exam? I took mine 11/15/13 and was told they no longer score the exams, its just pass or fail. I would like to know my score but glad to have passed.

Applied March '13
PFT: 4/23/13
WT: 4/29/13 (score 90 out of 96)
BI: cleared 10/24/13
POPE: set for 12/12/13

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Oh okay...thanks! Good luck the rest of the way :)

DRH in Lodi, California

32 months ago

Thanks, I'm just trying to find some information on how long the rest of the process from this point on usually takes? But I'm finding a ton of mixed answers :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

DRH in Lodi, California said: Applied March '13
PFT: 4/23/13
WT: 4/29/13 (score 90 out of 96)
BI: cleared 10/24/13
POPE: set for 12/12/13

I take the written POPE on the 12th also. Are you taking it at Goethe?

DRH in Lodi, California

32 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: I take the written POPE on the 12th also. Are you taking it at Goethe?

Yeah! I think it's schedule 8am to 12 or 12:30

32 months ago

DRH in Lodi, California said: Thanks, I'm just trying to find some information on how long the rest of the process from this point on usually takes? But I'm finding a ton of mixed answers :/

I wish I could help.
I'd appreciate if you keep posting to let us know how long it all takes, sharing dates as you did is perfect!

32 months ago

DRH in Lodi, California said: Yeah! I think it's schedule 8am to 12 or 12:30

Sweet. Mine starts at 8am also. I'm realllllly happy that things are moving along smoothly (for now). If things keep moving at this pace I'm hoping to see an academy date in February. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DRH in Lodi, California

32 months ago

Semplicemente in Sacramento, California said: Sweet. Mine starts at 8am also. I'm realllllly happy that things are moving along smoothly (for now). If things keep moving at this pace I'm hoping to see an academy date in February. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm hoping the same thing. Do you know where you would like to be placed? My family and I are hoping for SLO or Susanville or even somewhere around here

32 months ago

DRH in Lodi, California said: I'm hoping the same thing. Do you know where you would like to be placed? My family and I are hoping for SLO or Susanville or even somewhere around here

I'm hoping for CMF because I know a few people that work there now. They love it and it's only 45 mins/1 hour from where I live. Folsom or CSP-SAC would be 15 minutes away. I'm also trying to request RJD just because San Diego is where I would like to live in the future. But I'll accept anything at this point. I don't want to miss an opportunity because I was being picky.

Jplc85 in Benicia, California

32 months ago

I'd like to go Corcoran, Valley state or the federal in atwater.

31 months ago

I don't know when my next component is. I was told by my BI that it could be another 5 weeks. We'll see!!!

31 months ago

ross in Bakersfield, California said: I don't know when my next component is. I was told by my BI that it could be another 5 weeks. We'll see!!!

If you guys just took the written just be patient. this is a long process and I know March is the last scheduled academy. Hopefully they speed up the process...

jplc85 in Merced, California

31 months ago

I'm taking my written in January 2014

SoCal in Fontana, California

31 months ago

March 2013 applicant, currently in backgrounds, wondering if anyone is also in the process/ testing with another agency/police department & if you think it may affect the process with either?..

31 months ago

Jplc85 in Merced, California said: I'm taking my written in January 2014

Good Luck Jplc85!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

31 months ago

SoCal in Fontana, California said: March 2013 applicant, currently in backgrounds, wondering if anyone is also in the process/ testing with another agency/police department & if you think it may affect the process with either?..

Hey SoCal, I have a mentor that works for another department and he advised me that it is not a bad thing to process in multiple agencies, however some of these background investigators are so swamped with candidates that they will look into any previous DQ's and see if they can disqualify you for the same reason. I didnt let it discourge me so dont let it discourge you!
Im not trying to discourage anybody by any means. Just wanted to comment on what was asked since I asked the same thing.

Good Luck to all!

31 months ago

CJV in Sacramento, California said: Good Luck Jplc85!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

Did you do the PFT yet?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.