Michigan Department of Corrections.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

s6a2m28 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

43 months ago

Physical Fitness - Do females have the same physical requirements as men? (17 pushups in 60 sec, 13 situps in 30 sec, 6 min step-test)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

msaxt in Lansing, Michigan

43 months ago

Yes, males and females have the same standard. After you are hired these numbers increase as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Lennon, Michigan

43 months ago

Do you know when the next academy is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Sue in Lennon, Michigan said: Do you know when the next academy is?

They told me Monday that they didn't have a class date as of yet because of budget issues.

sue

43 months ago

s6a2m28 in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: They told me Monday that they didn't have a class date as of yet because of budget issues.

ok thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mark in Flint, Michigan

43 months ago

Sue in Lennon, Michigan said: Do you know when the next academy is?

let me know what u find out ,, and ill do the same . i called today and was told no new dates yet, but the old one was finished on 1-14-11 ,,,, i hope i get to go then!! email me mag1gunner@yahoo.com

sweetnz in Highland Park, Michigan

43 months ago

s6a2m28 in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: Physical Fitness - Do females have the same physical requirements as men? (17 pushups in 60 sec, 13 situps in 30 sec, 6 min step-test)

hi do the females have to do male push ups?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

s6a2m28 in Grandville, Michigan

43 months ago

mark in Flint, Michigan said: let me know what u find out ,, and ill do the same . i called today and was told no new dates yet, but the old one was finished on 1-14-11 ,,,, i hope i get to go then!! email me mag1gunner@yahoo.com

I'm hoping to be at the next class as well! Just interviewed recently.

@sweetnz - Males and females have the same requirements. Both can do the pushups in regular form or on their knees. The PT is actually quite easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mag1gunn in Flint, Michigan

41 months ago

sue said: ok thanks

sure thats what they tell everyone, if your not in the job pool! they have who they wanted, the class graduated in feb of this yr. and they where still taking more apps and interviews , so all you who didnt make it in the 1 st academy.............your out and they start fresh..for the next academy...and the state is not going to tell you when the next academy class is .....they just say they dont have one yet.

DeterminedDame in Detroit, Michigan

41 months ago

mag1gunn in Flint, Michigan said: sure thats what they tell everyone, if your not in the job pool! they have who they wanted, the class graduated in feb of this yr. and they where still taking more apps and interviews , so all you who didnt make it in the 1 st academy.............your out and they start fresh..for the next academy...and the state is not going to tell you when the next academy class is .....they just say they dont have one yet.

Thank you, and can you please clarify, because I was told that I was in the job pool but due to budget issues they were on a shut down until the budget is resolved. Now I/m wondering if it's actually true that I'm in to pool. Please c,arify any information is appreciated. Thank you.

41 months ago

DeterminedDame in Detroit, Michigan said: Thank you, and can you please clarify, because I was told that I was in the job pool but due to budget issues they were on a shut down until the budget is resolved. Now I/m wondering if it's actually true that I'm in to pool. Please c,arify any information is appreciated. Thank you.

They had the last class start November 15, 2010. If you interviewed after that and you passed all your tests, you are in the current pool. The state budget HAS to be finalized by June. Right now, that's what everyone is waiting on. The Budget.

mag1gunn in Mount Morris, Michigan

41 months ago

s6a2m28 in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: They had the last class start November 15, 2010. If you interviewed after that and you passed all your tests, you are in the current pool. The state budget HAS to be finalized by June. Right now, that's what everyone is waiting on. The Budget.[/QUO

they are closing 2 prisons down and moving all the left over officers to other prisons, and anyone not needed will be laid off and put in a pool for transfer, and only after that pool is used up will they then start a new academy class, so budget or no budget , no new class for some time to come. not to try and bust anyones dreams, but most of the new co`s from the last class are geting laid off. i would start looking in other states , florida, ny, cali, and some others are hiring.

mag1gunn in Mount Morris, Michigan

41 months ago

the only other way to get it done faster, is if they would offer the early retierment to the co`s , but they did not do that, they did for most stste workers but not corrections or the state police.

way1211 in Marquette, Michigan

36 months ago

any word when next academy in Michigan will be just past my PT TEST and interview

Sweetnz in Highland Park, Michigan

36 months ago

I haven't heard yet..the h.r. rep said as soon as the hiring freeze is over.
Does anyone know if u fail the last part of the step test..when u go back to u take the entire pt over or just the step test???

Sweetnz in Highland Park, Michigan

36 months ago

Does anyone know if u fail the last part of the step test..when u go back to u take the entire pt over or just the step test???

way1211 in Marquette, Michigan

36 months ago

Sweetnz in Highland Park, Michigan said: Does anyone know if u fail the last part of the step test..when u go back to u take the entire pt over or just the step test???

how i understood it is that you have to take only part you failed over again, double check that..24

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

naya in Hemlock, Michigan

36 months ago

how do you become a corrections officer, how long does it take ?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.