NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5201 to 5250 of 23264)
Page:  « First « Previous   102  103  104  105  106  107  108  Next »   Last »

Lisa O-Pine Bush,NY in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

@ BSO..hey how are you? Going for the psych exam Saturday..shouldnt be a problem as Ive taken those tests 2x in the past. I guess just be consistent..right? Exersing and dieting is the toughest. But if I get called i wont quit!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Bigdad in Beacon, New York said: I just received my packet on friday and it was very overwhelming going through it. I have until july 12 to get it all completed. I just hope I'm not doing this for nothing. So now tomorrow I'll start doing the packet. Good luck to everyone going through this long and exhausting process.

what year did you take the exam? and is it city or for state?

jerry1 in Gloversville, New York

30 months ago

this forum is great, can anyone who is doing or done the pt at the academy recently tell us that to expect. i wonder what the day starts like and what to expect was far as pt during the day and daily stuff while there. thanks guys

tankyou in Newburgh, New York

30 months ago

I'm in my 6th week off OJT, The first class of 2012. We were lucky tier 5. the PT is not easy. Get in shape now and start eating right now. A P90X workout CD will help you. The first day at academy is the worst. You will have no sleep. By two inch gothic style stencils. This will save you at least 3 hours of sleep. trust me, sleep is precious. Drop your attitude at the door. keep your class mates focused or you will all have problems. Read the back pages of this forum, and it will tell you exactly what to expect. It is not for everyone. pay attention and follow direction. you will see everything is done for a reason there. you will loose a lot of weight in the academy. the class part is average. you have to study.

trod in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

Bigdad in Beacon, New York said: I just received my packet on friday and it was very overwhelming going through it. I have until july 12 to get it all completed. I just hope I'm not doing this for nothing. So now tomorrow I'll start doing the packet. Good luck to everyone going through this long and exhausting process.

you will never know if its for nothing until you do it.. its a long process and not guaranteed.. just follow the process and keep hoping.. you have nothing to lose but about $150 bucks.. GOOD LUCK.

Bigdad in Beacon, New York

30 months ago

Christina in Brooklyn, New York said: what year did you take the exam? and is it city or for state?

In April 2009 for state

Bigdad in Beacon, New York

30 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: you will never know if its for nothing until you do it.. its a long process and not guaranteed.. just follow the process and keep hoping.. you have nothing to lose but about $150 bucks.. GOOD LUCK.

Thanks, yeah I really want this, but like you said it's not guaranteed that's why I also applied for nyc transit. CO's what I really want though!

McCulloughJD in Mount Vernon, New York

30 months ago

April 2009 was exam number 25168. I did med agi background for it so far and written psych this sat

30 months ago

I will be there for psych also on Sat. Just be consistent.

CO in Windsor Locks, Connecticut

30 months ago

tankyou in Newburgh, New York said: I'm in my 6th week off OJT, The first class of 2012. We were lucky tier 5. the PT is not easy. Get in shape now and start eating right now. A P90X workout CD will help you. The first day at academy is the worst. You will have no sleep. By two inch gothic style stencils. This will save you at least 3 hours of sleep. trust me, sleep is precious. Drop your attitude at the door. keep your class mates focused or you will all have problems. Read the back pages of this forum, and it will tell you exactly what to expect. It is not for everyone. pay attention and follow direction. you will see everything is done for a reason there. you will loose a lot of weight in the academy. the class part is average. you have to study.[/QUO

Is tier 6 base salary only? Did they take the OT and everything else out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Click in Albany, New York

30 months ago

Tier 6 didn't really change for the NYSDOC as far as I could tell. I think you may have to contribute a larger percentage, but who cares! Its better than the tier we on the outside have now. I call it Tier 0

30 months ago

Bigdad in Beacon, New York said: ,

Thanks, yeah I really want this, but like you said it's not guaranteed that's why I also applied for nyc transit. CO's what I really want though!

exactly dont sleep on it keep moving on.. you just never know.. if your back ground is clean that it can move your process faster.. you have a good chance.. GOOD LUCK!!

30 months ago

how much running do you guys do at the Albany academy? and how long is the pt for? trying to get into the best shape possible before the academy. any info would help, thanks guys

30 months ago

also I've read you can bring a small fan with you but how many guy in a room? and are there bathrooms and shower in the room. i haven't read much about the pt and the sleeping quarters in Albany academy or i just missed it. thank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

Banjo in Chittenango, New York said: Does any one know how much credit history counts on background check going down this week.

My investigator never asked about credit, but the 1 on 1 with the Psychologist did. He asked me how much I owe on all my credit cards and if I ever filed for bankruptcy.

30 months ago

BSO do you remember what page you posted the list of what to bring to the academy?

30 months ago

thanks bso and trod you guys seem to be helping us guys out a lot, thanks. did either one of you guys attend the Albany academy? if so do you remember what pt was like. how far did you have to run and how long pt was for. also i looked on you tube what are the Jane Fondas ??? if anyone could help, thanks and god bless

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

If you start reading from page 55-60 on, you will get all the anwsers to your questions. Good luck.

UpstateNYer in Malone, New York

30 months ago

jerry1 in Gloversville, New York said: thanks bso and trod you guys seem to be helping us guys out a lot, thanks. did either one of you guys attend the Albany academy? if so do you remember what pt was like. how far did you have to run and how long pt was for. also i looked on you tube what are the Jane Fondas ??? if anyone could help, thanks and god bless

[QOUTE who="UpstateNYer in Malone, NY"]I just wanted to say that if and when you go to the academy, be prepared!

I just finished week one at the academy.

If you are not in shape, start now and DON'T wait. PT will kick your @$$ if you have not done any regular exercise ahead of time. PT is extreme. The more opportunity you have to start working out before the academy will be to your advantage. Do plenty of push-ups, jumping jacks, leg lifts and Jane Fondas. ( Jane Fondas - Do a search on youtube.) They take PT very serious.

If you try hard and show 100% effort you will get through the PT.

Also, if and when you get your call "PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL".This is very important.

You need to read back from page 60 forward and ALL your questions will be already answered.

The only running we did was "IN PLACE". PT runs about anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half. When you start the academy PT is at 5:15 a.m. for the first 4 weeks there after it is in the late afternoons.

A quote posted above from myself is from the bottom of page 106 of this thread.

big Jed in hamburg, New York

30 months ago

On the first day do they run pt or just your agility test or both? Just curious.

also, you migth want to get your boots early and walk in them bit. I bought Bates and they are a little stiff and need to be broken in. Might be painfull trying to break them in at the academy.

NYS in Mahopac, New York

30 months ago

@UpstateNYer, a few people have said the same thing about "paying attention to detail", I pretty much know what you guys are talking about, but please give some examples. Also, do they give you an exam every Friday before you leave? What does it consist of, multiple choice or writing in an answer to a question? Thanks.

UpstateNYer in Malone, New York

30 months ago

NYS in Mahopac, New York said: @UpstateNYer, a few people have said the same thing about "paying attention to detail", I pretty much know what you guys are talking about, but please give some examples. Also, do they give you an exam every Friday before you leave? What does it consist of, multiple choice or writing in an answer to a question? Thanks.

Pay attention to detail is pretty much what it means.... pay attention and do everything exactly as it is told to you to do. Everything you do needs to be done or as perfect as you can possibly do also.

Yes, Exam every Friday, multiple choice.

Your day starts at 5:15 a.m. and ends around 5:30 to 6:00 PM

NYS in Mahopac, New York

30 months ago

Thanks, good luck to you. Maybe we'll cross roads at the Academy. I hope I get the call for the next class or so.

30 months ago

bso or anybody else i don't mean to insult you or anything, it's just that you read so much and it jumps around with other peoples question and comments i thought that asking directly would be better, thanks

Zeus99es in Rome, New York

30 months ago

BSOdeputy in Saugerties, New York said: Old?! You should be thankful you are even getting a damn list! Most people don't have that HUGE advantage of someone, namely me, going out of their way to help new recruits along. Man, some people amaze me.

ROFLMAO I created an account just to respond to this.

This place is a wealth of information and many thanks to all those providing SOLID info..

I just got back from agi/invest..

#1 thing is MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR STUFF. if you disclose everything and provide as much info in the initial packet you will in the end speed up your background.. I scraped and dug to find info from those first few years out of HS. Invest. thanked me for my thoroughness and providing extra documentation. I dont have to send anything extra as of yet. Everything they want is listed in the packet.

Also sit up close to the desk in the very first room. they start off the medical process based on seating.

Sidebar: based on what ive read so far as a 25168- 163 (90) people in this class are looking at (speculated) "fall 2012" possibly winter academy correct?

ghost1228 in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

dont see how Zeus...From what someone posted earlier 25-103 is taking the first people off the exam in this july 15th academy. i dont think 25-103 will be completed until thanksgiving/christmas time at the rate they are running academys. don't mean to burst your bubble but 25-103 will have waited 4 years come october.

breezer1 in Rochester, New York

30 months ago

zues is right as i was there yesterday the 25th doing sych 30th there pushing hard too 103 will go fast! also get all info as im 53 yrs old & got to get all info since i was 16!!!!!! go figure

30 months ago

BSOdeputy in Saugerties, New York said: Not insulted in the least. I understand where you are coming from but try to see my point as well. If I sat here and re-answered every question that every newcomer had that has been covered a dozen times, not only would I be wasting my time but my fingers would be bleeding from the repeated keystrokes on my keyboard. Every day there are new posters on these boards and its great that they all have questions, but if the question has been covered, I refer them to the previous posts...

thanks again bso i'll go through it again and see if i can get my questions answered, i really appreciate you and everyone else that help. god bless

30 months ago

When I was there this past Friday, the investigators said they needed people because too many were leaving academy and OJT. But 25103 has to be done before us in 25168 get the call.

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York

30 months ago

Lisa O-Pine Bush in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: @ LITTLEDNY... what was your score on 25-103..im on both of those as well..im being processed on 25-103..taking psych exam 6/30..have you done that test and finished being processed?? let me know..i wish i knew when id be getting the call..trying to lose weight and work out..want to be ready!

YEA I did Whole Process Already In May /2012 ..Investigator Calls me here and there for small questions..SO FAR..NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS FROM WHAT IM TOLD :) Investigator Said to me when we meet in MAY that I should be in NO LATER then NOV... :)

30 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: YEA I did Whole Process Already In May /2012 ..Investigator Calls me here and there for small questions..SO FAR..NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS FROM WHAT IM TOLD :) Investigator Said to me when we meet in MAY that I should be in NO LATER then NOV... :)

I meant in last POST that WHEN i MET my INVESTIGATOR in MAY she said that I should be in NO LATER then NOV :)

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: I meant in last POST that WHEN i MET my INVESTIGATOR in MAY she said that I should be in NO LATER then NOV :)

What's your exam # and score?

30 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: I meant in last POST that WHEN i MET my INVESTIGATOR in MAY she said that I should be in NO LATER then NOV :)

ALSO it is good that people that get a 70 get in and are given a chance...NOT EVERYONE is good at testing so its GREAT to know that the WHOLE LIST is USED :) State gives everyone a chance which is good to know..and YES 25-103 is just about done with being processed :) there are some people here and there going from what i read but its mostly completed...

WAITING FOR THAT CALL GRRR 4-5 yrs is a WAIT let me tell you...PEOPLE that go and drop out are JUST FOOLS...THIS is the best and easiest job to have..i know cause ive done JOB in another State and 2 there aren't anymore good paying jobs like this anymore and benifit wise out there!!!! People that drop out i want to say THANKYOU cause your giving me and OTHERS that will appreciate a JOB get in!!!! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

NYS in Bronx, New York said: What's your exam # and score?

EXAM 25-103 SCORE 95 U?

eburse02 in buffalo, New York

30 months ago

I'm exam 25103 score 85 and I took my psych 1 on 1 3 1/2 wks ago and haven't heard anything is this a good thing ? And has anyone gotten a call this wk?

execute007 in New York, New York

30 months ago

i got a 75 and im on 25-103. i got a call to update info, nothing else. Do you guys think i will get called soon?

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

I'm 25103 and completed my process on October 2010.

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

Scored 80.

30 months ago

DAMN OCTOBER is when you did your process?? HMMM WELL I heard NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS and JUST cause YOU havent been called SAY doesn't mean its bad!!! SOMETIMES you investigative PART takes time and FROM what I heard and been through...NO LETTER is GOOD NEWS :)

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

They are only running 2 classes at a time with 95 to 110 people in each class. Next class is on July 16th, the one after that prob. Aug. 6th then, Sept.. I hope your right about the time becuase to me is seems kinda hard with 2 classes to go thru the whole list that quick.

30 months ago

I was suppose to process in sept 10' but my baby was due then and I had to wait for a doctor to release me but it seems that background check is one thing that can hold you up and my investigator has everthing he asked for from me and I haven't gotten a single call from him and I don't think they've called any of my references and thats what makes me worried

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

I received a call 2 months ago to see if I was still interested and if there were any changes.

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: I was suppose to process in sept 10' but my baby was due then and I had to wait for a doctor to release me but it seems that background check is one thing that can hold you up and my investigator has everthing he asked for from me and I haven't gotten a single call from him and I don't think they've called any of my references and thats what makes me worried

Give him or her a call and ask if there's any update.

30 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: I was suppose to process in sept 10' but my baby was due then and I had to wait for a doctor to release me but it seems that background check is one thing that can hold you up and my investigator has everthing he asked for from me and I haven't gotten a single call from him and I don't think they've called any of my references and thats what makes me worried

REFERENCES is funny to MENTION...I never had references checked yet either lol..maybe they process references when your hired and they just get important stuff out of way first!!! YEA with 100 people per academy 25-103 should be completed by NOV latest...SO with that said and people DROPPING OUT 25-103 should be DONE SOONER then NOV from what it looks like....hoestly even if you get a 70 on test!!! you still will get hired if you pass everything :) test is just a TEST..doesnt DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Click in Albany, New York

30 months ago

How long ago did you turn in your Backgound packet and info to the investigator?

30 months ago

Back ground was turned in around MAY when I did Process

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: REFERENCES is funny to MENTION...I never had references checked yet either lol..maybe they process references when your hired and they just get important stuff out of way first!!! YEA with 100 people per academy 25-103 should be completed by NOV latest...SO with that said and people DROPPING OUT 25-103 should be DONE SOONER then NOV from what it looks like....hoestly even if you get a 70 on test!!! you still will get hired if you pass everything :) test is just a TEST..doesnt DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Don't forget, they extended #24997 untill October 2013, they're still calling from that list as well.

30 months ago

Click in Albany, New York said: How long ago did you turn in your Backgound packet and info to the investigator?

May 8th

30 months ago

24-997..when was that given???? they better extend ours then 25-103 if needed lol REMEMBER 100 per CLASS so either way it should RUN BY FAST

NYS in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

They sent my employer as well as a couple of other employers letter fo refernces back in 2010 for me.

Page:  « First « Previous   102  103  104  105  106  107  108  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.