NY Correctional Academy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5201 to 5250 of 31472)
Page:  « First « Previous   102  103  104  105  106  107  108  Next »   Last »

eburse02 in buffalo, New York

50 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: who got called into the academy from list 25-103??? people on 997 are still processing ... i havent seen anyone from 103 say they got called into the academy.

Read this page and a few pages before they got calls on friday and today so far people with 90's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zeus99es in Rome, New York

50 months ago

coorection. i was laughing at your response that someone said the list was "old" and your response to that. it was funny. people want everything spoonfed.

NYS in Bronx, New York

50 months ago

Yes!! People have been called for 25-103 July 16th Academy.

trod in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Click in Albany, New York said: Question. I know a few general questions that are on the psyc test. How are you supposed to answer them

1. I have no problem telling people what to do. Y/N
2. I daydream about sex. Y/N

My honest responses to both question are Yes. I'm more worried about the psyc than anything else because of these types of questions. I don't love to tell people what to do, but there are times at my current job where I certaintly have to

first of all.. you will be aske professional questions not ones that are irrelevant to the job.. you wont be asked questions like that.. so your already off on what your goin to get into when you face that exam/oral psych. but basicly the written exam is yes or no questions or rates from 1-5 in reference to your emotions depending on the question.

50 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: first of all.. you will be aske professional questions not ones that are irrelevant to the job.. you wont be asked questions like that.. so your already off on what your goin to get into when you face that exam/oral psych. but basicly the written exam is yes or no questions or rates from 1-5 in reference to your emotions depending on the question.

i dont think anyone likes telling people what to do.. the questions is will you be able to handle telling people what to do.. especially those that wont follow orders.. if you dont like it as is.. believe it the inmates will run your house instead of you.. remember those guys are in for yearsssssss.. they are the best of the best minipulators. you will have a problem quick.. they are professionals at trying to get over on people.. i work with inmate intake at a hospital.. i know what am talking about..

rick in Albany, New York

50 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: Sorry only 486 people got appointed out of 3826

Ummm. I was just doing a little math. If you divide 486 by 3826, that comes out to .12- otherwise known as 12%. so off 24997 only 12% of people who took the test were hired? That can't be. That's almost like one in ten people are actually offered a job.

50 months ago

rick in Albany, New York said: Ummm. I was just doing a little math. If you divide 486 by 3826, that comes out to .12- otherwise known as 12%. so off 24997 only 12% of people who took the test were hired? That can't be. That's almost like one in ten people are actually offered a job.

I didn't pull those numbers out the air lol just google nys elms list and see it for yourself

rick in Albany, New York

50 months ago

I know you didn't. I read the same ones. It litterally comes out to 12%.

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York

50 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: i dont think anyone likes telling people what to do.. the questions is will you be able to handle telling people what to do.. especially those that wont follow orders.. if you dont like it as is.. believe it the inmates will run your house instead of you.. remember those guys are in for yearsssssss.. they are the best of the best minipulators. you will have a problem quick.. they are professionals at trying to get over on people.. i work with inmate intake at a hospital.. i know what am talking about..

I totally agree with this!!! I have done this job in another state and if you CANT tell people what to do or have a hard time doing it then why are you bothering???? YES the DORM runs itself BUT you draw the line in WRITING UP inmates and if you want to BE ROBO-COP and BUST inmates for ANYTHING you will get hurt in time...I have seen it FIRST-HAND!!!!

FAR AS ONLY HIRING 400 and whatever people off a LIST??? LETS SEE, some people FAIL parts of the process....some don't want the job anymore and SO ON!!!!!

SOME PEOPLE just don't know what they are talking about...AND also, PEOPLE that think they are taking the JOB for the PAY or to have a JOB..PLEASE do research before you get into taking a EXAM BLA BLA...IT is better you NOT apply cause your going to basically FIND OUT what the job is, WHICH IS breeaking up fights and BABY-SITTING adults that CANT live in TODAYS SOCIETY!!! DO THE RESEARCH and stop wasting the STATES TIME!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

rick in Albany, New York said: I know you didn't. I read the same ones. It litterally comes out to 12%.

Ok I must have misunderstood but I think some people background check didn't work out, didn't pass drug test or just turned it down

50 months ago

Also if you have a DWI or DUI you have to account people with those who think they will get hired...that is a TOTAL NO!!!

Your in PRISON so expect to feel like it for your 25 yr stretch!!! WOMEN, be ready to be called EVERY NAME in the BOOK!!! And i have seen numerous women work one day and they are NEVER SEEN AGAIN!!!!
ENLESS your A BUTCH CHICK...You WONT last ENLESS you have a CERTAIN PERSONALITY!!!! AGAIN SEEN IT and BEEN THERE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

WHAT it comes down too is if you want the JOB BAD ENOUGH you GOT IT!!!! If you are doing it for a CHECK your in WRONG JOB FIELD!!!!

You get to ACADEMY and drop out!!! LOL either your FAT and lazy or should be serving me starbucks lol

AGAIN its YOU 1 OFFICER PER 145-200 INMATES!!! YOU get a WALKIE TALKING and SPRAY...IF YOU can not handle it, again WHY you taking up ACADEMY SPACE!!!!!

NYS in Bronx, New York

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: WHAT it comes down too is if you want the JOB BAD ENOUGH you GOT IT!!!! If you are doing it for a CHECK your in WRONG JOB FIELD!!!!

You get to ACADEMY and drop out!!! LOL either your FAT and lazy or should be serving me starbucks lol

AGAIN its YOU 1 OFFICER PER 145-200 INMATES!!! YOU get a WALKIE TALKING and SPRAY...IF YOU can not handle it, again WHY you taking up ACADEMY SPACE!!!!!

Calm down dude...we get the picture...lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rick in Albany, New York

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: Also if you have a DWI or DUI you have to account people with those who think they will get hired...that is a TOTAL NO!!!

I don't have a DWI or any tickets ever, but I would like to know what this means?

McCulloughJD in Mount Vernon, New York

50 months ago

Little...Noone knows what its like til they do it. How about not throwing out insults to people you dont know and show some respect. I guess not everyone is a tough guy like you claim to be.

CO in Clifton Park, New York

50 months ago

rick in Albany, New York said: Ummm. I was just doing a little math. If you divide 486 by 3826, that comes out to .12- otherwise known as 12%. so off 24997 only 12% of people who took the test were hired? That can't be. That's almost like one in ten people are actually offered a job.

Yes, as amazing as this sounds, it's true. Many people take civil service tests just as a backup plan and are curious to see how they'd score. Next, you lose people who fail medical/drug/background tests. Then you have your group of people who fail the psych test. Finally, list 24997 dragged on for so long, that many people lost interest or found other jobs. I know a few guys personally who did that...they joined the Army, etc. If you were one of the few who hung on and stuck with it, you will most likely get the call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rick in Albany, New York

50 months ago

At the medical...Is the bloodwork done that day? I have my medical on Friday. On Thursday night I really want to go out for a little bit. Maybe 5 beers if that. I don't want that to show up as alchol in my blood. Sounds stupid, but it's a special occasion

50 months ago

McCulloughJD in Mount Vernon, New York said: Little...Noone knows what its like til they do it. How about not throwing out insults to people you dont know and show some respect. I guess not everyone is a tough guy like you claim to be.

RESPECT LOL of GOD lol LISTEN I SHOW RESPECT...ALL I said in Prior POSTS if you read them is the TRUTH and to look into a JOB before YOU go or it...that is it....I do have lots of respect for people on this forum...Read my posts again and dont jump to conclussions buddy....Truth hurts YES...just saying what the truth is also if someone takes a civil service test to see how they do thats fine but i never heard of that waste of space and time...I mean ok you take exam and see get good grade but then why go to academy and leave? Start Job and never show up again??? truth is AGAIN, it is PRISON ok, NOT just a PAY-CHECK .....iI have RESPECT Thank-YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

NYS in Bronx, New York said: Calm down dude...we get the picture...lol.

I'm calm dude lol

As for you blood-test deal I wouldn't have a BEER or WINE cause yes they take your blood work friday buddy :) your call but i wouldn't do it

50 months ago

Bloodwork pee test ekg hernia test if a guy vision hearing

50 months ago

Calling people fat and lazy is disrespectful. Just say out of shape. I am totally out of shape. But I am working on it now. Cardio sucks for me, strength is easy for me. Noone knows if they can do the job until the cell doors close behind them.

Justrock in Montgomery, New York

50 months ago

Doesn't sound stupid-- it IS stupid. You will be telling them you can't celebrate a special occasion without drinking even if it costs you a job that you want. Is that the impression you want to make?

kenmaurer in West Chazy, New York

50 months ago

Littledny, every job is for a paycheck. I don't know of any COs who wake up and say to themselves "man, I can't wait to get behind those walls today, this is gonna be awesome!" Those that are doing the job and those of us hoping for the job are going for the paycheck, benefits, and retirement. I hope everyone trying gets in and if it turns out they don't like it and they quit, then someone else will take their place. If I misspoke for anyone I apologize and feel free to correct me. Good luck to everyone going to the July class!

50 months ago

My uncle was deputy warden at Rikers and he loved his job and I mean loved it. He said was the greatest job he ever had. He is also a lunatic lol. Its a paycheck and thats it. Good benefits, etc but the job itself isnt the greatest. Another uncle was in psych ward on Rikers. Believe me when I tell you they were there for the money and thats it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Just wanted to report I received a call today to report to the academy 7/15. Test # 25103, score 90. Good luck everyone hang in there!

50 months ago

chris in Brooklyn, New York said: Just wanted to report I received a call today to report to the academy 7/15. Test # 25103, score 90. Good luck everyone hang in there!

Congrats and good luck

NYS in Mahopac, New York

50 months ago

chris in Brooklyn, New York said: Just wanted to report I received a call today to report to the academy 7/15. Test # 25103, score 90. Good luck everyone hang in there!

Congrats!! I have a question, did they call your employer right before they called you? Good luck!!

50 months ago

NOC

Congrats good luck and thats for the post

50 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: NOC

Thanks for the post :)

chris in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

NYS in Mahopac, New York said: Congrats!! I have a question, did they call your employer right before they called you? Good luck!!

They called my employer about a month and a half ago. I had started a new job at a local p.d. at that time and when I updated my info they called pretty much immediately.

chris in Corona, New York

50 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: NOC

Thank you!

chris in Corona, New York

50 months ago

Btw I'm in duchess county not sure why the forum is locating me in Brooklyn/queens

NYS in Mahopac, New York

50 months ago

chris in Brooklyn, New York said: They called my employer about a month and a half ago. I had started a new job at a local p.d. at that time and when I updated my info they called pretty much immediately.

Thanks!

50 months ago

chris in Corona, New York said: Btw I'm in duchess county not sure why the forum is locating me in Brooklyn/queens

Do you know if and when they called your refrences

chris in Highland, New York

50 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: Do you know if and when they called your refrences

I don't believe they called any of my references. Some of them are close friends and never mentioned it.

50 months ago

chris in Highland, New York said: I don't believe they called any of my references. Some of them are close friends and never mentioned it.

Ok thanks and make sure you keep us posted after your first week at the academy

50 months ago

ken maurer in West Chazy, New York said: Littledny, every job is for a paycheck. I don't know of any COs who wake up and say to themselves "man, I can't wait to get behind those walls today, this is gonna be awesome!" Those that are doing the job and those of us hoping for the job are going for the paycheck, benefits, and retirement. I hope everyone trying gets in and if it turns out they don't like it and they quit, then someone else will take their place. If I misspoke for anyone I apologize and feel free to correct me. Good luck to everyone going to the July class!

Not saying when i was doing corrections that i woke and said ''wow'' i cant wait to get to work lol just saying YES most jobs that aren't CAREER JOBS are for a PAYCHECK...I mean come up..I bet no one on here said to the shrink '' I want this job for a PAYNCHECK lol'' MOST people on here and that have be WAITING for years now will not just consider this job as a paycheck..its a good paycheck and many peoples career jobs is what i mean...that is all i was saying...yes there were those days when i did say DAMN i have to go behind that wall today lol but most times i was very happy i had a good job even though i had to move away from my family to get it...5 yrs is a long time to wait

chris in Highland, New York

50 months ago

eburse02 in buffalo, New York said: Ok thanks and make sure you keep us posted after your first week at the academy

WIll do. I know the little details are what helps the long wait.

breezer1 in Rochester, New York

50 months ago

im on 25-168 from rochester ny going for written sych on saterday 30th if anyone from monroe county wants to share driving & tolls let me know thanks mike @ ezbomb 2004@yahoo.com

50 months ago

Breezer were you there last Friday for med/agi/background? I will also be there Sat. Was wondering if you were the Mike I was talking to that day.

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: Not saying when i was doing corrections that i woke and said ''wow'' i cant wait to get to work lol just saying YES most jobs that aren't CAREER JOBS are for a PAYCHECK...I mean come up..I bet no one on here said to the shrink '' I want this job for a PAYNCHECK lol'' MOST people on here and that have be WAITING for years now will not just consider this job as a paycheck..its a good paycheck and many peoples career jobs is what i mean...that is all i was saying...yes there were those days when i did say DAMN i have to go behind that wall today lol but most times i was very happy i had a good job even though i had to move away from my family to get it...5 yrs is a long time to wait

I did psych asked me why i want the job.. i said the stablity of knowing i can put my kids thru college.. and there is positions to move up.. im giving options as time goes on.. I passed.

And as for "unless your butch" then i must have the personality.. i am far from that.. im a pretty woman in shape.. and get disrespected every day by these inmates and officers themself.. but i have a firm attitude.. im very good at ignoring many comments thrown at me.. but im also demanding.. i can handle it.. it comes with the territory. what ever woman doesnt know this better getting on .. definately wont last a day.. i been doing hospital intake 3 yrs. its a breeze now.. my first look at them usually puts them in check..but my guard is always up..

50 months ago

Guarantee i get on this job in not settling i will be moving on in position. this is a career not a job..

50 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: Guarantee i get on this job in not settling i will be moving on in position. this is a career not a job..

i understood most of what you wrote but not all of it...so you are a CO???

50 months ago

rick in Albany, New York said: At the medical...Is the bloodwork done that day? I have my medical on Friday. On Thursday night I really want to go out for a little bit. Maybe 5 beers if that. I don't want that to show up as alchol in my blood. Sounds stupid, but it's a special occasion

5 beers max.. i believe 5 and more puts you on the legal limit to be considered drunk.. i wouldnt do it.

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: i understood most of what you wrote but not all of it...so you are a CO???

so are you agreeing that its a Career?? or you saying its just a paycheck????

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: so are you agreeing that its a Career?? or you saying its just a paycheck????

Its a career with a good pay check as time goes on.. its stablity most jobs dont offer.. you wanna work regular hours you can.. you wanna make more $$$ the o.t is always there. its a money making career.. but the money part comes first.. you have the option to make more any time you want.

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: i understood most of what you wrote but not all of it...so you are a CO???

No i am not a CO i work for a city hospital processing (administrative work) inmates that come in from the local jails or precients..

50 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: Its a career with a good pay check as time goes on.. its stablity most jobs dont offer.. you wanna work regular hours you can.. you wanna make more $$$ the o.t is always there. its a money making career.. but the money part comes first.. you have the option to make more any time you want.

that i agree on yes :) most people on here think its just a paycheck which its not....My above posts were stating that most people go into it as a paycheck and they leave the academy..people need to do research before they apply for a job, most dont..i have done this job for years and i see people leave after first day..point im making is they should have known its a prison and not a easy job also..

50 months ago

trod in Brooklyn, New York said: No i am not a CO i work for a city hospital processing (administrative work) inmates that come in from the local jails or precients..

see but least you know what to expect...most think its a cake-walk and then they leave ...in that sense its taking someone elses spot that will appreciate its a great job and far from few jobs are as good as the state in todays market...thats my whole point

50 months ago

LITTLEDNY in New Windsor, New York said: that i agree on yes :) most people on here think its just a paycheck which its not....My above posts were stating that most people go into it as a paycheck and they leave the academy..people need to do research before they apply for a job, most dont..i have done this job for years and i see people leave after first day..point im making is they should have known its a prison and not a easy job also..

I agree.. someone posted that its an easy job.. that was the funniest post i ever seen on here.. i work outside with this guys.. i can only imagine inside.. somebody been watching to much Lifetime channel movies.. believing its an easy job.. seeing fights, blood, spit vomit, getting cursed at, thrown urine and craped on, yelling all day.. oh yeahh very easy lol.. smh we already know one person thats gonna run out half way before the door closes.. lol (im seeing this from outside so i would believe its 1000 worse inside) remember these guys have no rights..they cant complaint or sue you like the fools in Rikers can.. they will get at you all day .. they have nothing else to do..

Page:  « First « Previous   102  103  104  105  106  107  108  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.